Welcome to the Official English-language World of Tanks forums!
These forums are here to provide you with a friendly atmosphere where you can discuss ideas, give game play advice, and discuss any other aspects of World of Tanks with other players.
Community forums are at their best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you conduct yourself in a civilized manner when participating on these forums.The guidelines and rules listed below explain what behavior is expected of you and what behavior you can expect from other community members. Note that the following guidelines are not exhaustive, and may not address all manner of offensive behavior. As such, the forum moderators and administrators shall have full discretion to address any behavior that they feel is inappropriate. Also, suspension or banishment from the game will always result in the same in regard to forum access. Your access to these forums is a “privilege,” and not a “right.” Wargaming.net reserves the right to suspend your access to these forums at any time for reasons that include, but are not necessarily limited to, your failure to abide by these guidelines.Wargaming.net reserves the right to evaluate each incident on a case by case basis. The actions taken may be more lenient or more severe than those listed under each category.Before posting any kind of information on this forum, all users are to read the following rules. These rules are obligatory for all registered users on this forum.
1. GENERAL PROVISIONS
1.1 Registration Requirements
There is no requirement for a user to use his or her real name or to use any other form of identification that can be used to easily trace identities, and all e-mail addresses that are provided will be kept private. In order to register on World of Tanks forum, registrants must be thirteen (13) years of age or older.Each user is only permitted one account per server. Users are solely responsible for protecting their accounts from access by others. Users are strongly encouraged to select a hard-to-guess password and not re-use that password on any other sites where it may be read by the owners or administrators of that site. It is highly recommended that board users do not share their accounts with others, or share their computers used to access the site with others. In case of the lost or hacked around, users are to inform support immediately.
1.2 Forum purpose
The purpose of this forum is to discuss World of Tanks and military machines related topics, get to know fellow players, and to give feedback to the Wargaming.net developers.
Wargaming.net is not responsible for any user messages posted. Wargaming.net does not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and is not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this board. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact the support staff or moderators immediately. Wargaming.net employees and community moderators have the ability to remove objectionable messages and will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time limit, if it is found that removal is necessary. Users agree, through the use of this service, that they will not use this forum to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law. Users agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by said user or by this board.
1.4 Ban Policy
Violations of these guidelines may lead to users being banned from this forum as a temporary or even a permanent suspension of their account.
1.5 Errors reporting
If you encounter any bugs, errors or glitches throughout our World of Tanks environment you may report the issue to (World of Tanks Support)
2. PROHIBITIONS and RESTRICTIONS
2.1 Forum etiquette
Users are not allowed to abuse others, make personal attacks or behave disrespectfully.
This prohibition applies to both public threads and private messages (PMs).
Disrespect can include:
3. Harassment or Defamatory remarks
4. Profanity, Inappropriate language or abbreviations there of
5. Personal abuse or attacks
6. Derogatory comments based on race, nationality, religion, culture, sex, or sexual preference, This includes "jokes" in bad taste.
7. Excessive Capitalization, font use, or colorization.If a member is found to have participated in such actions, he/she will:
• Be temporarily banned from the World of Tanks forums
• Be given a final warning, with any further violations possibly resulting in permanent ban from the forumsThis behavior has no place on the World of Tanks forums due to its extremely offensive and inappropriate nature.
2.2 Distribution of real life information and real-life threats
Postings and discussions which have users’ personal data (such as addresses, telephone numbers, emails, other contact information) - regardless of whether this is their own or that of other users - will be removed. Users who publish this type of content on the forum will be warned or suspended by an administrator or a moderator.If a thread or post is in violation of the forum rules, users are encouraged to use the report button on the post and provide information as to why the thread or post is in violation.No rude or disrespectful posts to or about any forum moderators or Wargaming.net employees, as well as no release of real-life information about moderators or Wargaming.net employees are allowed on this forum.Real-life threats include both clear and masked language and/or links to websites containing such language or images which refers to violence in any capacity that is not directly related to the game world
Users are not allowed to post threads or comments here that advertise or solicit any non-beneficial, non- World of Tanks related businesses, organizations, or websites. Explicit advertising and solicitation in signatures are also prohibited.Forum rules allow discussing other war games; but it should be discontinued if the character of the discussion turns into at a direct promotion of another gaming project. Any kind of solicitation of or linking to other games is not permitted, also please do not use images or video related to games other than World of Tanks within our forums.
2.4 Accounts, Gold/Credits, Pre-order & Promotional codes, Leveling services, Begging.
This category includes:
• Advertising of, or selling of game accounts.
• Advertising of, or selling of in game currency such as gold/credits.
Advertising of, or selling of leveling services.
• Advertising of, or selling of promotional codes or pre-order codes.
• Begging in any form. Begging includes but is not limited to: requesting users to transfer real money to the virtual wallet, asking for additional gold/credits, and requests to transfer game gold/credits, promotional codes, pre-order codes, or anything similar.
• Linking to or promoting websites that contain the above prohibited services.All types of posts for the sale or promotion of the exchange or transfer of accounts, currency, codes, and other services from one user to another violate the EULA and are prohibited within the forums and game channels.If a member is found to have participated in such actions, he/she may:
• Be given a permanent account suspension for both game and forums for World of Tanks, depending upon severity
2.5 Off Topic, spamming and trolling
This category includes:
• Excessively communicating the same phrase, similar phrases, or pure gibberish
• Creating threads on topics that already exist on the forums, (Please use search and add to existing topics where possible)
• Offtopic Posting
• Creating threads/posts for the sole purpose of causing unrest on the forums
• Creating threads/posts for purpose of reporting or discussing in game violations. Such incidences are to be directed to (World of Tanks Support)
• Causing disturbances in forum threads, such as picking fights, making off topic posts that ruin the thread, insulting other posters
• Making non-constructive posts, or posts with non-constructive topics
• Abusing the "Reported Post" feature by sending false alarms or nonsensical messages
• Numbering a thread, posting “First!”, “IBTL” (“in before thread lock”) or any other fad statements
• “Bumping” posts. Some sections may allow “bumping” in moderation, but users are to check the subsection of the forum to make sure that it is allowed in that section
• Petition posts or polls that are not aimed at conducting a discussion.Users should make sure that they post your new threads and postings in the appropriate forum, and users are asked familiarize themselves with the forums. This helps other users and moderators maintain an overview and so be able to respond faster with an appropriate answer to questions. Before beginning a new thread, look to see if an active thread on that topic has already been established using the Search feature. If so, place your comments there instead. Keep discussions about one topic to one thread only. Posts which drift off topic, or content-free posts will be edited or removed. Posting multiple messages with the same content across several forums is unwelcome and inappropriate, since such activities divide the targeted discussions and makes gathering feedback considerably more difficult. Such ‘cross posts’ will be merged, closed and redirected or removed. Before beginning a new thread, look to see if an active thread on that topic has already been established using the Search feature. If so, place your comments there instead. Keep discussions about one topic to one thread only.
2.6 Politics, Major Religions or Religious Figures
Posting about social, religious, political, illegal or other controversial topics that may create offense. As well as negative portrayal of religious and political figures.
2.7 Law Violations
This category includes:
1. Posting discussion threads on, or linking to, cheats, hacks, trojan horses, or malicious programs. If you suspect that a cheat or hack exists, provide the necessary information to support, it is not to be discussed within the forums.
2. Posting unreleased content / hacking data files: showing unreleased in-game items, equipment, or areas that have been unlocked by hacking into client data files; discussing or displaying any data not available through normal game play;
3. Illegal drugs or activities. Both clear and masked language and/or links to websites containing such language or images which reference to abusing illegal drugs or to performing illegal activities are prohibited.Users are expected to act lawfully when participating on the forums. Posting about or discussing issues that violate local or international laws is not allowed under any circumstance.The administration reserves the right to delete, update or modify any information which is considered inappropriate on these forums.
2.8 Discussing disciplinary actions
This category includes:
1. Creating posts or threads to discuss disciplinary actions taken against a player in game or on the forums
2. Creating posts or threads to discuss moderators or moderator decisions and actions
Such disputes or appeals are to be lodged to (World of Tanks Support),
The official language of this forum is English. Using other languages may be allowed in special forum sections only. Transliteration and intentionally distorted or illiterate language is unwelcome.Users are to be considerate to those who obviously have difficulties with English.
3.2 Hard-to-Read Posts
Posts that disrupt the message boards for other users, intentional or not, are prohibited. This category includes, but is not limited, to:• Conducting conversations in foreign languages, outside designated forums• Posting excessively in capital letters, Excessive whitespace or line breaks, leet speak, or other hard-to-read writing styles• Using misleading topic titles, excessive punctuation, and/or non-standard symbolsWhile posting on these forums users are to be reasonable with font size and color. Stick to default font size and try to avoid use of text colors different from black. The administration reserves the right to modify inappropriate posts and give warnings to their authors.
3.3 Links and Images
Whenever linking to a website or image or posting a image, be sure to check that they don't violate any of the rules above. Sites or images that display illegal content, pornography, nudity, gratuitous violence, Nazi symbols such as swastikas, obscenities and any other content that goes against the standards of this community will be moderated. In addition to the above we also request you not post ASCII art (pictures created by using letters and symbols on a keyboard) they are usually quite large and can be misinterpreted based on display issues.The size of files and images referred may not exceed 100 kilobytes (kb).
3.4 Names (Players and Clans), Avatars, Images/Video, Signatures & Clan logos
Certain content for names, avatars, images/video, signatures & clan logos, have no place on the World of Tanks forums or within the world of tanks game, due to their extremely offensive, annoying or inappropriate nature. The following list is only a summary, but it gives some idea of names, images, signatures, avatars and clan logos which are not accepted with the world of tanks environment:Names, Avatars, Images/Video, Signatures & Clan logos ....
- that contain profanity, including its abbreviated form.
- that contain insults, personal attacks, abuse or harassment.
- that contain unprintable words or abbreviations, or which are unattractive and/or unreadable.
- which either in whole or partly contain copyrighted or registered trade mark elements.
- which have (in any way) racist or nationalistic implications which may create offense to a certain nation, ethnic, religious or racial group.
- that contain an allusion of racial or national supremacy, as well as discriminative propaganda on any level.
- which contain insults or derogatory comments based on race, nationality, religion, culture, mental stature, sex, or sexual preference
- which have an association with sexuality, pedophilia, sexual abuse; or have an offensive connection to the human body or bodily functions.
- which contain nudity, sexually explicit material or content that is otherwise deemed inappropriate.
- which contain excessive gore or violence, or are obscene/vulgar.
- which make reference to addictive or illegal substances or their use, or any other illegal activities.
- that contain Logotypes, symbols, emblems or figures connected in one way or another with organizations, that violate or were violating existing laws and rules; i.e. anything that may provoke strong negative reaction/association or promote national/ethnic/religious hatred. (For example, using different variations of Nazi symbolic, abridgments and signs
- [88, 14, 420, SS
- , or similar stylizing
- [such as, 55
- as well as credentials, names and surnames of Nazi leaders.)
- that contain reference to current mainstream religions that may create offense, i.e. names such as God, Jesus, Allah, etc.
- that are connected with negative historical or political personalities, first of all those who are judged by international courts for crimes against humanity, those that generally arouse feelings of suffering or disgust in the majority of people, as well as members of currently existing terrorist organizations;
- that negatively portrays the projects moderators, staff, or administration.
- which in any other manner violates the End User License Agreement or local laws.
....... either implicitly or explicitly are prohibited (This also contains links to websites containing the above). If names (player or clan), avatars, signatures, images/video, clan logos within the forums or within the game violate these rules the offending account may be changed and/or the accounts may be sanctioned or suspended. Moreover, the administration reserves the right to delete, update or modify any names (player or clans) and avatars, images or clan images which are considered inappropriate on the forums or within the game environment.Additionally, excessively long forum signatures are not permitted. Signatures may not exceed two lines. If these limitations are exceeded, then the disruptive elements will be removed without explanation and the offending account may receive sanctions. Users are allowed to use images in your signatures, but their size must not exceed 468px×100px (length x width). The signatures can contain animation, but it should not be annoying.
4. FORUM ADMINISTRATION and GAME MASTERS
4.1 Administrators, Game Masters and Moderators
Administrators and Game Masters are Wargaming.net employees.The administrator status is confirmed by “Group: Administrator, Lead Community Manager, Community Manager, Military Specialist, Developer” inscription under the user nickname.The game master/moderator status is confirmed by “Group: Game Master, Moderator” inscription under the user nickname.
4.2 Administrators, Game Master and Moderator powers
Game Masters, Moderators and Administration has the right to warn and suspend forum members in the case of forum rules violation. Any measures taken by the Game Master or Moderator teams can be appealed to (World of Tanks Support), in accordance with the established procedure. Measures taken by administration are not subject to appeal. In some cases, which go beyond the forum rules, administrators can warn or suspend a particular forum member, even if their actions formally don’t fall under the current prohibitions and restrictions.
Warnings and official notifications are set off in red, this font color is reserved for use by staff only. Once a user's post has been moderated, users are not permitted to edit the notes placed within the post by the staff. Similarly, the impersonation of administration in any way, is not permitted.
5. CONTACT LIST
Technical Support Service (both forum and in-game):Web form: (World of Tanks Support)
- For Account Support
- Problems with Account Management (incl. Password, E-mail, Log-in issues, etc.)
- For Billing Support
- Problems with Payments (incl. Transactions, Refunds, Promo codes, etc.)
- For In-Game Goods
- Problems with In-Game items (incl. Equipment, Tanks, Premium time, etc.)
- For Game Support
- General questions about the game or problems you may have
- For Bugs
- Problems with game mechanics (incl. Stuck spots, Game glitches and Text errors etc.)
- For Technical Support
- Problems running the game on your computer (incl. Launcher, Graphics, Audio and Connection problems etc.)
- For Rule Violations
- Reporting any chat, game or forum violations (excluding friendly fire rule violations which is handled by the automated Friendly Fire System)
- For Penalty Appeals
- All appeals against penalties you may have received as a result of a violation (excluding disputes on friendly fire sanctions which are handled by the automated Friendly Fire System and are not considered)
The administration reserves the right to update and modify these rules as the needs of the community dictate to ensure the smooth operation of this community.Repeatedly violating any area of these Rules or EULA, including the areas detailed above, will often result in permanent suspension from the game and/or forums.This policy is not language-restrictive. Language that falls under this policy will always be subject to the repercussions listed, whether it is inappropriate in English or any other language.The bottom line is that we want World of Tanks to be a fun and safe environment for all players. World of Tanks is a Massive Multi-player On-line Game with a mixture of genres, and the key words are “Massively Multi-player.” While playing this game and posting on its forums, you will encounter thousands of other players who share different experiences and come from vastly different backgrounds. While certain language and images may not be offensive to you, consider the fact that that same language and images may have a completely different effect on someone else. We’ve done everything we can to make this a great game but now it’s up to you, the players, to breathe life into the world.