WoT New Total Realism Battle Mod

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
26 replies to this topic

Gman2900 #1 Posted Mar 06 2012 - 17:57

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 28663 battles
  • [GOD5] GOD5
I have read & followed quite a few mods here on the mod forums, especially NoblePlatoon's. So after some pondering about it, i've come to the point where i think everybody who like me that enjoys tank/tank simulators would get a better thrill kick out of a mod that would make you feel like your right in the battle. Now although there have been some mods that have dipped in the shallows (if you will) with this already, their has not been one that totally immerses you like the mod i intend on making. I followed the initial steps as far as what tools i need, and dl'ing quite a bit of mp3's & wav files, and currently looking into youtube videos as well (gonna strip the audio out of the videos to use). Now as this will be my first mod for wot's i may be working on this for awhile till i get it right & get it to the point where it's supposed to be. Any comments, suggestions & help will be appreciated as we will ALL benefit from it's reaps once completed.

Here are some of the things i intend on working on & using:

Realistic ambient battlefield sounds
Voices from actual ww2 movies (namely going to use "Colonel Hessler" voice from battle of the bulge
Realistic tank sounds, including engine startup, tracks moving, other tanks passing you, turret turning sound
Shell/firing sound effects, explosions & damage sound effects, wind sound effects for use on the snow & desert maps (not sure if that one will work or not?)
Garage sound effect (probably going to use some form of actual radio broadcast & battlefield reports (are actual hitler speech's allowed? if not, how about ww2 movies portraying hitler
(ex: "The Bunker" starring Anthony Hopkins). And many more.

Work starts TODAY on project "Total Realism".

Death187 #2 Posted Mar 06 2012 - 18:03

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 7221 battles
  • [LD] LD

View PostGman2900, on Mar 06 2012 - 17:57, said:

I have read & followed quite a few mods here on the mod forums, especially NoblePlatoon's. So after some pondering about it, i've come to the point where i think everybody who like me that enjoys tank/tank simulators would get a better thrill kick out of a mod that would make you feel like your right in the battle. Now although there have been some mods that have dipped in the shallows (if you will) with this already, their has not been one that totally immerses you like the mod i intend on making. I followed the initial steps as far as what tools i need, and dl'ing quite a bit of mp3's & wav files, and currently looking into youtube videos as well (gonna strip the audio out of the videos to use). Now as this will be my first mod for wot's i may be working on this for awhile till i get it right & get it to the point where it's supposed to be. Any comments, suggestions & help will be appreciated as we will ALL benefit from it's reaps once completed.

Voices from actual ww2 movies (namely going to use "Colonel Hessler" voice from battle of the bulge
Realistic tank sounds, including engine startup, tracks moving, other tanks passing you, turret turning sound
Shell/firing sound effects, explosions & damage sound effects, wind sound effects for use on the snow & desert maps (not sure if that one will work or not?)
Garage sound effect (probably going to use some form of actual radio broadcast & battlefield reports (are actual hitler speech's allowed? if not, how about ww2 movies portraying hitler

Sounds like a very good idea to me! I cannot wait to see the finished product!  :Smile_great:

Wrath_From_Above #3 Posted Mar 06 2012 - 18:05

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
Cool idea......I would like to see German speaking accents for german tanks and Russian speaking accents for russian tanks

Aries13 #4 Posted Mar 06 2012 - 18:07

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 17382 battles
  • [RCON] RCON
You must get George c Scott as Patton in there its a must!!!

NoblePlatoon #5 Posted Mar 06 2012 - 18:15

Captain

• Players
  • 15218 battles

Well, my Battle sounds mod can fit this

Very do-able, just need someone brave enough to collect the sound bites, and make them "game friendly." This means loud enough to be heard, no significant background noise to degrade the quality, etc.

This is the hard one. Jafdet and I both struggle with the 3D parameters to make this work well. He is farther along than I in getting this done. I have asked Wargaming to assist in sorting out the parameters, but they response was "While we allowing modding that does not offer a game-tactical advantage, we will not assist in the modding process."

Shell/firing sound effects, explosions & damage sound effects
Jafdet and others have this in place.

...wind sound effects for use on the snow & desert maps (not sure if that one will work or not?)
Wargaming does not have these parameters activated. Nothing we can do about that.

Garage sound effect (probably going to use some form of actual radio broadcast & battlefield reports (are actual hitler speech's allowed?)
Since these are personal mods, there are no restrictions to their content.

scotiangold #6 Posted Mar 06 2012 - 18:26

Corporal

• Players
  • 1222 battles
Yes, I could picture advancing over the map with Col. Hessler and his tank commanders singing the Panzerleid.  :Smile-izmena:

Death187 #7 Posted Mar 06 2012 - 18:39

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 7221 battles
  • [LD] LD
I just wish WG would higher R Lee Ermy to do a voice mod pack for the game and be done with it lol.

Gman2900 #8 Posted Mar 06 2012 - 18:41

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 28663 battles
  • [GOD5] GOD5

View PostNoblePlatoon, on Mar 06 2012 - 18:15, said:

Well, my Battle sounds mod can fit this

Very do-able, just need someone brave enough to collect the sound bites, and make them "game friendly." This means loud enough to be heard, no significant background noise to degrade the quality, etc.

This is the hard one. Jafdet and I both struggle with the 3D parameters to make this work well. He is farther along than I in getting this done. I have asked Wargaming to assist in sorting out the parameters, but they response was "While we allowing modding that does not offer a game-tactical advantage, we will not assist in the modding process."

Jafdet and others have this in place.

Wargaming does not have these parameters activated. Nothing we can do about that.

Since these are personal mods, there are no restrictions to their content.

"Well, my Battle sounds mod can fit this"

Well this is true, and don't get me wrong your sounds are good & i really apprec your work on sound mods (their some of THE BEST no doubt) but i just wanna conjure up something of my own & a lil different.

"Very do-able, just need someone brave enough to collect the sound bites, and make them "game friendly." This means loud enough to be heard, no significant background noise to degrade the quality, etc."

I'm gonna try to do my best, using your instructions (and i've bookmarked a few posts concerning this as well).

"This is the hard one. Jafdet and I both struggle with the 3D parameters to make this work well. He is farther along than I in getting this done. I have asked Wargaming to assist in sorting out the parameters, but they response was "While we allowing modding that does not offer a game-tactical advantage, we will not assist in the modding process."

So does this mean indeed in fact that you cannot do this at this time? Or is it that it is just very difficult to do?

"Jafdet and others have this in place."

Just wanna custom make my own, again, something different thats all (plus learning how to do this as well)

"Wargaming does not have these parameters activated. Nothing we can do about that."

I kinda figured this was not attainable as i've never seen anybody (as of yet) work on this yet.

"Since these are personal mods, there are no restrictions to their content."

Sweet, so now that i also know this i'm not quite sure as to what to place in the garage. Mmm, gonna think of this one as i've got several different ideas.

Noble, i may be contacting you throughout this as i assembly it & try to get it together as i value your work & expertise on this.

Gman2900 #9 Posted Mar 06 2012 - 18:43

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 28663 battles
  • [GOD5] GOD5

View Postscotiangold, on Mar 06 2012 - 18:26, said:

Yes, I could picture advancing over the map with Col. Hessler and his tank commanders singing the Panzerleid.  :Smile-izmena:

This is going to be in it as well as quite a bit of other things from not only "The battle of the bulge" but other ww2 movies. I'm gonna see what i can conjure up & use that will spice it up the best.

Gman2900 #10 Posted Mar 06 2012 - 18:47

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 28663 battles
  • [GOD5] GOD5
Nobleplatoon, can i place actual sounds from as many (different) tanks as i can for use in the game like employing actual sounds for the tiger, sounds for the sherman, sounds for the IS,etc,etc. Or does it have to be one broad set of audio for ussage on "all tanks"???

warrends #11 Posted Mar 06 2012 - 18:49

Major

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 15238 battles
  • [SNRK] SNRK
Great idea. How about some sound bites from Kelly's Heroes? Cannot beat Clint. Oddball anyone?

As for realism, when you get hit by a shell your chair explodes underneath you and your butt gets burned.
... Oh ... sorry ... not THAT real ...

Gman2900 #12 Posted Mar 06 2012 - 19:24

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 28663 battles
  • [GOD5] GOD5

View Postwarrends, on Mar 06 2012 - 18:49, said:

Great idea. How about some sound bites from Kelly's Heroes? Cannot beat Clint. Oddball anyone?

As for realism, when you get hit by a shell your chair explodes underneath you and your butt gets burned.
... Oh ... sorry ... not THAT real ...

Oddball will be in it saying his famous "WOOF-WOOF-WOOF" when a enemy tank is hit.

NoblePlatoon #13 Posted Mar 06 2012 - 19:26

Captain

• Players
  • 15218 battles

View PostGman2900, on Mar 06 2012 - 18:47, said:

Nobleplatoon, can i place actual sounds from as many (different) tanks as i can for use in the game like employing actual sounds for the tiger, sounds for the sherman, sounds for the IS,etc,etc. Or does it have to be one broad set of audio for ussage on "all tanks"???
There are 5 engine sounds used for all the different tanks in the game, but only 3 of them are used for medium and heavy tanks.

Gman2900 #14 Posted Mar 06 2012 - 19:36

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 28663 battles
  • [GOD5] GOD5

View PostNoblePlatoon, on Mar 06 2012 - 19:26, said:

There are 5 engine sounds used for all the different tanks in the game, but only 3 of them are used for medium and heavy tanks.

Mmm, guess i will be using sounds from the Tiger (my personal favorite) then i'm gonna have to look around. As it's gonna be hard to decide between the other 2? As far as needing 2 other sound files for either the med & hvy tanks, maybe the panther or sherman, poss the T-34-85 but as far as the hvy thats gonna be a tough one to decide?

King_Of_Chaos #15 Posted Mar 06 2012 - 20:55

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 10728 battles

Please don't let this die. I am tired of hearing diesel Maybach and Ford motors

scotiangold #16 Posted Mar 06 2012 - 21:03

Corporal

• Players
  • 1222 battles

View PostGman2900, on Mar 06 2012 - 18:43, said:

This is going to be in it as well as quite a bit of other things from not only "The battle of the bulge" but other ww2 movies. I'm gonna see what i can conjure up & use that will spice it up the best.

How about when you get hit by an camoflaged enemy you get Sgt Schultze saying "I zee nutting!" lol  :lol:

Gman2900 #17 Posted Mar 06 2012 - 22:03

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 28663 battles
  • [GOD5] GOD5

View Postscotiangold, on Mar 06 2012 - 21:03, said:

How about when you get hit by an camoflaged enemy you get Sgt Schultze saying "I zee nutting!" lol  :lol:

Unless i find something better/more realistic that sounds like a good idea :Smile_great:

Gman2900 #18 Posted Mar 06 2012 - 22:09

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 28663 battles
  • [GOD5] GOD5

View PostKing_Of_Chaos, on Mar 06 2012 - 20:55, said:

Please don't let this die. I am tired of hearing diesel Maybach and Ford motors

I already have the "REAL" tiger tank (Pzk Mark VI) engine audio as this is my own personal fav, i'm looking at other sounds. Some of the others i've got so far are the REAL Sherman (which the M26 pershing also uses) & Panther mark V REAL engine audio which can be substituted for many of the medium & lite german tanks. I'm still looking, tried to find "usable" audio for any of the Soviet IS tanks & basically came up blank, so still actually diggin around for other heavy tank sounds atm.

Tiny #19 Posted Mar 06 2012 - 22:39

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostGman2900, on Mar 06 2012 - 22:09, said:

I already have the "REAL" tiger tank (Pzk Mark VI) engine audio as this is my own personal fav, i'm looking at other sounds. Some of the others i've got so far are the REAL Sherman (which the M26 pershing also uses) & Panther mark V REAL engine audio which can be substituted for many of the medium & lite german tanks. I'm still looking, tried to find "usable" audio for any of the Soviet IS tanks & basically came up blank, so still actually diggin around for other heavy tank sounds atm.

Wait a minute, your telling me you are using modified tank engine sounds ingame?!

I thought that was not possible to mod...if so how did you do this???

Gman2900 #20 Posted Mar 06 2012 - 23:15

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 28663 battles
  • [GOD5] GOD5

View PostTiny, on Mar 06 2012 - 22:39, said:

Wait a minute, your telling me you are using modified tank engine sounds ingame?!

I thought that was not possible to mod...if so how did you do this???

No, i'm not using modified tank engine sounds in game "yet", but i'm working on a total conversion mod which i will "attempt" to use some. Now from what i hear it is indeed difficult to get these to work, but then again it won't hurt to try right?