Weird lag/disconnects

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

Nosjack #-19 Posted Mar 07 2012 - 17:47

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
Greetings techies!

I'm having a bit of a problem with my home wifi. Now to start off, I sort of live out in the boonies, so my internet isn't exactly that reliable (or fast). However, I can do almost anything without any hiccups.

The problem is that whenever playing World of Tanks online my internet will lag for several minutes, and the only way I can fix it is by disabling and then enabling my wifi adapter. Sometimes it'll disconnect from the network and won't be able to reconnect until I close the game. I'm used to lag when playing online but this is just weird.
It seems to happen ONLY when playing WoT.
I've connected my laptop directly to the router, and the lag is gone. I've also replaced the wireless adapter in my desktop, but the problem is still there.

I'm starting to wonder if my router is the problem, but the weird thing is that lag only happens on my desktop and only while playing WoT.

Thanks in advance!

stickjock #-18 Posted Mar 07 2012 - 17:56

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
Had that recently as well Nos, but unfourtunatly in my case a new Wireless adapter fixed the issue... had been running a 3 year old wireless USB adapter that ran good for a while but started doing exactly what you're describing...

Debated running cable to my desktop but picked up a new adapter instead and that's worked great so far...

Have you tried calling your ISP (service provider) and troubleshooting with them??  The should be able to determine IF something is wrong with your router right away... but odds are if it's just with WoT's, most likely it's not the router...

Nosjack #-17 Posted Mar 07 2012 - 18:27

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View Poststickjock, on Mar 07 2012 - 17:56, said:

Had that recently as well Nos, but unfourtunatly in my case a new Wireless adapter fixed the issue... had been running a 3 year old wireless USB adapter that ran good for a while but started doing exactly what you're describing...

Debated running cable to my desktop but picked up a new adapter instead and that's worked great so far...
I hoped that would have fixed it as well, but as it turns out, I replaced a perfectly good wireless adapter with a brand new shiny one. *faceplam*

Have you tried calling your ISP (service provider) and troubleshooting with them??  The should be able to determine IF something is wrong with your router right away... but odds are if it's just with WoT's, most likely it's not the router...
My ISP is crap, the only reason my family uses it is because it's the only company that offers internet out here that isn't 24k dial-up (makes me shiver just thinking about it...).

Is there anyway to check my router to see if it really is failing?

Dukebarry #-16 Posted Mar 07 2012 - 18:33

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles
I have fiber optics and I still get packet loss. Thats when a tank suddenly blinks into a new spot or dissapears, or you seem to lose control of your tank for a sec. I think a lot of it has to do with the load on the server.

flipwannabe #-15 Posted Mar 08 2012 - 00:14

Sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
you might get some answers in this forum...

http://forum.worldof...lly-high-today/

mausiAU #-14 Posted Mar 08 2012 - 00:42

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
Swap your Wireless adapter to a different PCI slot. Move it so that it's in either the second slot from the bottom or the first slot from the top.

Make sure all of your network drivers are up-to-date, ethernet included even if you don't use it.

Assuming you're using Windows XP/Vista/7 - Go into your Event Viewer and look under Windows Logs > System and see if you get any DHCP or DNS warnings that coincide with your playing WOT and the issue occurring.

Nosjack #-13 Posted Mar 08 2012 - 14:59

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View Postflipwannabe, on Mar 08 2012 - 00:14, said:

Unfortunately, the problem seems to be hardware related, but I'll keep an eye on that topic nonetheless.

View PostmausiAU, on Mar 08 2012 - 00:42, said:

Swap your Wireless adapter to a different PCI slot. Move it so that it's in either the second slot from the bottom or the first slot from the top.

Make sure all of your network drivers are up-to-date, ethernet included even if you don't use it.

Assuming you're using Windows XP/Vista/7 - Go into your Event Viewer and look under Windows Logs > System and see if you get any DHCP or DNS warnings that coincide with your playing WOT and the issue occurring.
Thanks, I'll try that later today.

ethan2932 #-12 Posted Jun 09 2012 - 00:16

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
When i am at my dads as my parents are spit up the internet is fire on there but then i play WoT ill connect and then my thing in the begging when u join into the game and it tells the map, it always disconnects after it fills up so i unistalled it a couple times and then and re-installing it and it always happens..is it something to do with my Router?

ethan2932 #-11 Posted Jun 09 2012 - 00:24

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostDukebarry, on Mar 07 2012 - 18:33, said:

I have fiber optics and I still get packet loss. Thats when a tank suddenly blinks into a new spot or dissapears, or you seem to lose control of your tank for a sec. I think a lot of it has to do with the load on the server.

YES you are right it is all with the server F ing itself up constantly and it could be your graphics card

ethan2932 #-10 Posted Jun 09 2012 - 00:26

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles

View Postflipwannabe, on Mar 08 2012 - 00:14, said:

your advice doesnt help insome cases but in others it is ok and it really helped me and thanks for doing the test.that relly helped me alot

ethan2932 #-9 Posted Jun 09 2012 - 00:27

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
it can piss u of though

ethan2932 #-8 Posted Jun 09 2012 - 00:28

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
its a pain in the butt sorry for the spam guys