WoT Tweaker V2.0

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
81 replies to this topic

mixersc #1 Posted Mar 10 2012 - 10:35

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles
WoT Tweaker V2.0
A great tool to use for easily disabling game features that can cause FPS drops. Here is the original RU forum post: http://forum.worldof...eaker__st__1720
Here is a very rough translation of some of that page (there is so much information there, that I recommend you visit the page):
In recent years began to notice the fall of FPS in the game, and what is not even on the cost PC configurations. FPS drop is most often seen when near my tank broke a few rounds of artillery volleys (especially if you were still a number of destructible objects such as houses). A similar question FPS fall I started to treat friends, examining the question I quickly found the methods of its solution on the Internet, which mainly consist of disabling effects of additional load of the GPU cards (such as exhaust smoke, flames and smoke when fired, the smoke and flames of destroyed tanks, etc.). But since all the methods described on the Internet require manual work, in which no wise and wrong (especially if you can not distinguish a shortcut from the executable file. I decided to make the program WOT TWEAKER, which can be turned on and off the effects of the most heavily load the GPU graphics card more easily, that is, pressing the Disable and Enable.

http://10pix.ru/img1/291879/7059296.jpg

Version is compatible with the patch 0.7.1.1(before his work requires modification of game resources of the programme WOT RES UNPACK ) . Instead of simulating pressing ALT introduced an additional message.

The ability to easily enable or disable effects
Spoiler                     

As well as
Spoiler                     

Instructions
Spoiler                     

Pay attention to the fact that, before the update of the game client, you must restore the original resources of the game. For this you need to perform the following steps:
Spoiler                     

And it can be download here:
Spoiler                     

Gulfiu #2 Posted Mar 10 2012 - 10:50

Corporal

• Players
  • 22201 battles
Thanks, looks nice. I'll give it a try !

Blackshot01 #3 Posted Mar 10 2012 - 11:00

Captain

• Players
  • 15604 battles
  • [WWPD] WWPD
if this works the day of my friend is saved XD

mixersc #4 Posted Mar 10 2012 - 11:14

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostBlackshot01, on Mar 10 2012 - 11:00, said:

if this works the day of my friend is saved XD
Works, checked personally :rolleyes:

BilboTankins #5 Posted Mar 10 2012 - 11:32

Sergeant

• Players
  • 18383 battles
I'd get the files from the original source rather than someone who just joined the forum.

mixersc #6 Posted Mar 10 2012 - 11:42

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostBilboTankins, on Mar 10 2012 - 11:32, said:

I'd get the files from the original source rather than someone who just joined the forum.
because I play on a Russian server, a link to the original source of the given

Twisted_Soul #7 Posted Mar 11 2012 - 17:47

Private

• Players
  • 14954 battles
  • [SSGS] SSGS
can somebody tell me which one to download and give me a link to my post?

Philmor_Bowls #8 Posted Mar 11 2012 - 20:04

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8935 battles
  • [DDB] DDB
Tweaker 2.0 works great!:Smile_honoring:

PaperArtillery #9 Posted Mar 13 2012 - 17:06

Captain

• Players
  • 7989 battles
  • [C_O_G] C_O_G

View PostPhilmor_Bowls, on Mar 11 2012 - 20:04, said:

No need to use this as it will not work after the 7.2 update.Ive used the 1.8v and the 1.9v and neither work anymore as they did before.It was nice to have until then though but is being blocked by WOT.
v2.0 seems to work just fine, as it unpacks the res files to "res_mods/0.7.1.1" and modifies them there, thus WoT loads them as mod files instead of you directly changing the files in-place.

Ashi420 #10 Posted Mar 13 2012 - 17:24

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 25923 battles
Does the application need to be running in the backround? or do the changes stay after the application is closed?

PaperArtillery #11 Posted Mar 13 2012 - 18:38

Captain

• Players
  • 7989 battles
  • [C_O_G] C_O_G

View PostAshi420, on Mar 13 2012 - 17:24, said:

Does the application need to be running in the backround? or do the changes stay after the application is closed?

It modifies the game's resource files to reflect the changes.  You can even technically delete the tweaker and unpacker after you've made the changes you want.

Tom_Voke #12 Posted Mar 13 2012 - 19:23

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14672 battles
Okay, as the initial instructions are in Russian, here's how I did it.

Log out of the WoT Game.

Download the Tweaker V2.0 zip.

I unzipped to a folder on my desktop.

Inside the folder you unzipped to desktop (or wherever) there's another folder which contains seven files including the RESUNPACK and the Tweaker 2.0. There's also a PDF help file there, in Russian, but the pictures will help should you want to look at it.

Drag those 7 files (whether all are needed or not matters not) into your main WOT folder; mine is C:\Games\World_of_Tanks\

Doubleclick the Resunpack and a box will "pop up" with a blinking cursor.

There's a picture of a little yellow box/package in that "pop up". Click it. Let it finish its' thing. Yes, that thing that looks like it might be asking "OK" apparently is. Click that to finish.

Click out of the box completely if you are not out of it. Now run RESUNPACK again and you'll now see a green arrow on what looks like a "save" floppy icon (it's to the right of the yellow box/package you initially clicked on). Click that green thingie (throw a shoe at it, whatever,) let it finish, it's very brief then click what looks like it might be "OK", or just click out of the box; I forget the exact details on that last step but that's about it.

Disregard the step crossed out above.

You should now see some folders in your res_mods\0.7.1.1 folder. Great.

Go back to the main folder and find the Tweaker 2.0 exe and run that. ---> Make sure <--- it points to your MAIN WoT directory, like perhaps C:\Games\World_of_Tanks (Click on the British flag if you wish instructions in English). Disable what you don't want--I disabled everything.

Log into the WoT game. It should be good to go. I myself had a black screen I could not get out of, so I pressed the resart button on my PC, chose "Start Windows Normally", and everything was fine.

Worked for me.

***Edit  Some of the steps I included may not be neccessary but it didn't "hurt" anything.

***Edit 2--- It seems to not be working quite properly. I still see smoke but some effects have been reduced, like tree swaying.

Since some effects still seem to persist, and after watching the video the Russian player was nice enough to provide (thank you!) there may be things one needs to type into that box. Not sure though.

***Edit 3 I crossed out the part where you click on the green thingie.
I reapplied RESUNPACK and tweaker 2.0 and smoke/fire is gone. You may have to do this before you start the game every time you start the game. I will keep this updated.

The clouds are still there and some dust when running over destructible objects, but smoke and fire is gone.

**Edit 4 You don't have to do this before you start the game every time. Once should do it. Note that for some reason I can't get rid of dust and debris, but smoke and fire is gone. Clouds are not gone.

Stagger #13 Posted Mar 13 2012 - 19:46

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13911 battles
Many thanks. WoT is unplayable on my computer without these changes.

Snow_Irbis23091986 #14 Posted Mar 13 2012 - 19:56

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles

Click out of the box completely if you are not out of it. Now run RESUNPACK again and you'll now see a green arrow on what looks like a "save" floppy icon (it's to the right of the yellow box/package you initially clicked on). Click that green thingie (throw a shoe at it, whatever,) let it finish, it's very brief then click what looks like it might be "OK", or just click out of the box; I forget the exact details on that last step but that's about it.

Это дейтсвие необходимо выполнять только перед обновлением игрового клиента , иначе все эффекты будут включены !

Ответы на часто задаваемые вопросы
Spoiler                     

ПИ Скачивать и следить за обновлениями программы лучше с официальных источников с этого или этого  :)

Prova12 #15 Posted Mar 13 2012 - 19:58

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles
Sorry, I don't want to be alarmistic but my "immunet" antivirus says the file in the link is a virus "W32/banker" I have analyzed it with virustotal and the detection level is 4/39. Is that safe????

stitchshaytan_ru #16 Posted Mar 13 2012 - 20:08

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
:Smile_honoring:

PaperArtillery #17 Posted Mar 13 2012 - 20:22

Captain

• Players
  • 7989 battles
  • [C_O_G] C_O_G
If Russian makes you paranoid (the unpacker is ONLY in Russian, which works for me but not some others), you can open World of Tanks\res\packages\misc.pkg using any zip file manager (7-zip, WinZip, WinRar, etc.) and extract its contents to res_mods\0.7.1.1, then run WoT Tweaker 2.0 from any location (doesn't have to be inside of the WoT folder itself in this case).

Snow_Irbis23091986 #18 Posted Mar 13 2012 - 20:35

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostSovietCommissar, on Mar 13 2012 - 20:22, said:

If Russian makes you paranoid (the unpacker is ONLY in Russian, which works for me but not some others), you can open World of Tanks\res\packages\misc.pkg using any zip file manager (7-zip, WinZip, WinRar, etc.) and extract its contents to res_mods\0.7.1.1, then run WoT Tweaker 2.0 from any location (doesn't have to be inside of the WoT folder itself in this case).

Если так сделать то эффекты отключаться не будут . Если возникают затруднения с модификацией игровых ресурсов с помощью программы WOT RES UNPACK , то можно произвести модификацию игровых ресурсов вручную , файлы и инструкцию для ручной модификации игровых ресурсов можно скачать по этой ссылке . А только после произведения модификации игровых ресурсов можно запускать программу WOT TWEAKER . Постом выше я писал список часто задаваемых вопросов и ответов на них , а так же там можно найти видеоинструкцию к программе  :)

PaperArtillery #19 Posted Mar 13 2012 - 20:51

Captain

• Players
  • 7989 battles
  • [C_O_G] C_O_G
Некоторые люди не будут использовать программу UNPACK. Я дал им альтернативный метод.  :)

Snow_Irbis23091986 #20 Posted Mar 13 2012 - 21:08

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostSovietCommissar, on Mar 13 2012 - 20:51, said:

Некоторые люди не будут использовать программу UNPACK. Я дал им альтернативный метод.  :)

Указанный Вами метод не правильный , так как программа WOT RES UNPACK не только извлекает ресурсы из misc.pkg в res_mods\0.7.1.1\particles но и заменяет файл misc.pkg на модифицированный ( предварительно сделав его резервную копию для восстановления перед обновлением игрового клиента ) . Если по каким то причинам не удается произвести модификацию игровых ресурсов с помощью программы WOT RES UNPACK то тогда нужно сделать их вручную строго по этой инструкции :

1.Скопируйте из папки мод файл misc.pkg в папку res\packages с заменой ( перед заменой сделайте резервную копию оригинального файла misc.pkg )
2.Скопируйте папку 0.7.1.1 в папку res_mods с заменой . После чего можно будет использовать программу WOT TWEAKER

Модифицированный файл misc.pkg и папка 0.7.1.1 находятся в архиве который можно скачать по этой ссылке

Ну а вообще приоритетнее использовать WOT RES UNPACK , так как он все эти действия выполняет автоматически  :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users