• This topic is locked This topic is locked
72 replies to this topic

trash_hauler #1 Posted Mar 10 2012 - 16:58

Corporal

• Players
  • 4327 battles

http://www.topchrist...st.com/lfsh.png
REMOVED

If anyone is having problems with FPS on a slower machine or laptop this app. may help you. The current version requires REMOVED but it's a quick and easy download. This app. is open source so you can view the code and edit it however you like! LagFix improves FPS and load times by allowing you to remove certain effects from the game. It's as simple as checking the box next to the effect you want to disable. Don't forget to hit 'Save Changes' when you're done! Then start WoT like you normally would.

Installation:
  • Download and install REMOVED.
  • Download REMOVED.
  • Extract the files from the .zip folder.
  • Run the file named 'LagFix.pyw'

You must close WoT before making changes with LagFix otherwise the game may crash! If you installed WoT in a different directory than the default (C:\Games\World_Of_Tanks\), then you must tell LagFix this by selecting the 'World_Of_Tanks' folder on your system by clicking Settings in the LagFix menu, then selecting Game Path.

Linking of .EXE files and unofficial content in forums.
Edited for content
~SgtGrunt

Peter_Gunn #2 Posted Mar 11 2012 - 04:02

Corporal

• Players
  • 7043 battles
  • [EDGE] EDGE
lag - noun, perceivable network latency in online games

fps - 1) initialism, frames per second, the rate at which a video subsystem is able to render an image
2) initialism, first person shooter, a video game played in the first-person point of view, usually with firearms.

i don't see how disabling any of those things would increase video performance. garage hangar, really? if your computer is so far gone that these things are stressing it out, it's time to toss it out the window. can't you turn off the battle music, among others, in the game anyway?

trash_hauler #3 Posted Mar 11 2012 - 06:12

Corporal

• Players
  • 4327 battles

View PostPeter_Gunn, on Mar 11 2012 - 04:02, said:

lag - noun, perceivable network latency in online games

fps - 1) initialism, frames per second, the rate at which a video subsystem is able to render an image
2) initialism, first person shooter, a video game played in the first-person point of view, usually with firearms.

i don't see how disabling any of those things would increase video performance. garage hangar, really? if your computer is so far gone that these things are stressing it out, it's time to toss it out the window. can't you turn off the battle music, among others, in the game anyway?

Peter,

I'll admit I may have poorly named this app. in my haste to comply with Wargaming.net requests. This was not my first choice. If you have a fast enough machine then you wouldn't benefit from this app. This is for people on laptops and slower machines (as I stated in the first post). Disabling the images from loading screens may not increase loading times very noticeably. Still, I added it to give people the option. I have heard many complaints from people that the mouse is lagging when in the garage. And, yes Mr. Gunn, really; disabling the garage hangar fixes this mouse issue in most cases.  The purpose of disabling the music is not to mute it. As you so kindly pointed out, this can be done from in the game. The problem is that it still loads the music data. By disabling it all together, it may allow for a few seconds quicker loading times, and maybe 1 or 2 FPS depending on the machine. This may seem insignificant to you, but combined with the rest of the options being disabled, this has helped slower machines and laptops gain just enough FPS for smoother gameplay. Thank you for your polite suggestions on how to handle my laptop's stress levels; but my laptop is doing just fine, and plays WoT even better with the help of this app.

kshi486 #4 Posted Mar 11 2012 - 06:48

Corporal

• Players
  • 7 battles

View Posttrash_hauler, on Mar 11 2012 - 06:12, said:

Peter,

I'll admit I may have poorly named this app. in my haste to comply with Wargaming.net requests. This was not my first choice. If you have a fast enough machine then you wouldn't benefit from this app. This is for people on laptops and slower machines (as I stated in the first post). Disabling the images from loading screens may not increase loading times very noticeably. Still, I added it to give people the option. I have heard many complaints from people that the mouse is lagging when in the garage. And, yes Mr. Gunn, really; disabling the garage hangar fixes this mouse issue in most cases.  The purpose of disabling the music is not to mute it. As you so kindly pointed out, this can be done from in the game. The problem is that it still loads the music data. By disabling it all together, it may allow for a few seconds quicker loading times, and maybe 1 or 2 FPS depending on the machine. This may seem insignificant to you, but combined with the rest of the options being disabled, this has helped slower machines and laptops gain just enough FPS for smoother gameplay. Thank you for your polite suggestions on how to handle my laptop's stress levels; but my laptop is doing just fine, and plays WoT even better with the help of this app.

hi their,
as I known, fps is related to the hardware config. and Lag is related to network quality,  
how does this mod work for increase  those?

BaDkaRmA158Th #5 Posted Mar 11 2012 - 07:14

Sergeant

• Players
  • 7346 battles
  • [KR] KR
What alot of people do not understand is when a computers video card cannot handle the load (low fps) The load is sent directly onto the cpu, and while the cpu is being over worked it cannot calculate the network load.

So low fps CAN make you suffer a high ping.

Thoringer #6 Posted Mar 11 2012 - 18:51

Major

• Players
  • 26556 battles
  • [ANVIL] ANVIL

View PostBaDkaRmA158Th, on Mar 11 2012 - 07:14, said:

What alot of people do not understand is when a computers video card cannot handle the load (low fps) The load is sent directly onto the cpu, and while the cpu is being over worked it cannot calculate the network load.

Exactly - the only exception is dedicated network cards with own processor. They exist but not in laptops. In normal PCs, it won't be an issue. Also, a lot of laptops share memory of CPU and GPU making the access for the GPU slowing the CPU as well. Every inch the machine does not have to calculate makes you game more responsive. The lag from the network is one thing. Games have another lag if the response of you and you opponents is not displayed in real-time. You might have a ping of 50ms but if your control entry does not happen until 300ms later, the perceived lag is 6x higher.

Philmor_Bowls #7 Posted Mar 11 2012 - 19:59

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8935 battles
  • [DDB] DDB
It dont work period.

I have installed python 2.7 and when i run the "lagfix.pyw" i get nothing,no window with boxes to check,nothing.What gives lol.

trash_hauler #8 Posted Mar 12 2012 - 18:00

Corporal

• Players
  • 4327 battles

View Postkshi486, on Mar 11 2012 - 06:48, said:

hi their,
as I known, fps is related to the hardware config. and Lag is related to network quality,  
how does this mod work for increase  those?

The app. works just as I have already described. By disabling some effects, some machines gain FPS, making their battles more playable. It's pretty simple. If you would like to see more details about of the inner workings of the app. please feel free to view the source code and see for yourself. I hope this helped  :)

trash_hauler #9 Posted Mar 12 2012 - 18:05

Corporal

• Players
  • 4327 battles

View PostPhilmor_Bowls, on Mar 11 2012 - 19:59, said:

It dont work period.

I have installed python 2.7 and when i run the "lagfix.pyw" i get nothing,no window with boxes to check,nothing.What gives lol.

Did you extract the folder first?

MarcusOptimusMaximus #10 Posted Mar 14 2012 - 03:43

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10136 battles
Does this work with 7.1.1? Because i just tried the WoT tweaker, after having used it before the update just fine, but it doesn't do as much now and I would like to give yours a try if it compatible with the newest update

PulpFiction #11 Posted Mar 14 2012 - 08:34

Sergeant

• Players
  • 4199 battles

View PostBaDkaRmA158Th, on Mar 11 2012 - 07:14, said:

LOL funniest thing I've seen in a long time. Thanks for the good laugh.. all the things you just said were false.. when you don't trully know what you're talking about it's best to not comment at all.

Please do not post to incite the other poster.  Warned.  ~ Brygin

trash_hauler #12 Posted Mar 14 2012 - 18:49

Corporal

• Players
  • 4327 battles

View PostMarcusOptimusMaximus, on Mar 14 2012 - 03:43, said:

Does this work with 7.1.1? Because i just tried the WoT tweaker, after having used it before the update just fine, but it doesn't do as much now and I would like to give yours a try if it compatible with the newest update

Marcus,

The current version of LagFix does NOT work with WoT 7.1.1. I will be updating today, so check for a new version of LagFix tomorrow that will work with the latest WoT client. Thank you for you interest in my program!

MarcusOptimusMaximus #13 Posted Mar 14 2012 - 20:45

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10136 battles

View Posttrash_hauler, on Mar 14 2012 - 18:49, said:

Marcus,

The current version of LagFix does NOT work with WoT 7.1.1. I will be updating today, so check for a new version of LagFix tomorrow that will work with the latest WoT client. Thank you for you interest in my program!

very good i'll check in to see when it's ready

Phil_Can #14 Posted Mar 16 2012 - 06:40

Sergeant

• Players
  • 52944 battles
  • [HARMZ] HARMZ
I too am waiting to try your program for WOT versions 7.1.1, 7.2 and future versions.

trash_hauler #15 Posted Mar 17 2012 - 03:28

Corporal

• Players
  • 4327 battles

View PostPhil_Can, on Mar 16 2012 - 06:40, said:

I too am waiting to try your program for WOT versions 7.1.1, 7.2 and future versions.

I'm am very busy but still trying my best to get the latest release of LagFix out. Thank you for your patience, everyone.

pazsion #16 Posted Mar 17 2012 - 10:58

Corporal

• Players
  • 613 battles
word, the shaders and clouds and a few other things WOTtweaker does not have. So i have used both now.

Huckleberry4u #17 Posted Mar 18 2012 - 01:47

Sergeant

• Players
  • 19655 battles
  • [C_C_G] C_C_G
Does this work with 7.1.1 yet?  Anything to help get rid of the skyboxes would be greatly appreciated?:Smile_great:

trash_hauler #18 Posted Mar 18 2012 - 18:27

Corporal

• Players
  • 4327 battles

View PostHuckleberry4u, on Mar 18 2012 - 01:47, said:

Does this work with 7.1.1 yet?  Anything to help get rid of the skyboxes would be greatly appreciated?:Smile_great:

I'm still working on it. Something to look forward to with the next version is that you will no longer have to download Python anymore. I'm still working on the skyboxes and shaders for the new version. I may release a 'half' version with only the most important features today! Unfortunately this may not include the ability to disable skyboxes and shaders. But I assure you, all the features that were available in my first version of LagFix will eventually be available in future versions. Sorry for taking so long, but I am a one man show and very busy. Thanks for everyone's patience!

Huckleberry4u #19 Posted Mar 18 2012 - 21:12

Sergeant

• Players
  • 19655 battles
  • [C_C_G] C_C_G

View Posttrash_hauler, on Mar 18 2012 - 18:27, said:

Sorry for taking so long, but I am a one man show and very busy. Thanks for everyone's patience!
No problem at all.  Thanks for taking the time to work on it. Any help is always welcome.

trash_hauler #20 Posted Mar 18 2012 - 23:31

Corporal

• Players
  • 4327 battles
LagFix 1.5 is out now! This version is compatible with WoT 7.1.1 and no longer requires Python! Remember you must close WoT before making any changes with LagFix, otherwise the game may crash! If you installed WoT in a different directory than the default (C:\Games\World_Of_Tanks\), then you must tell LagFix this before making any changes with LagFix. You can tell LagFix where the 'World_Of_Tanks' folder is on your system by clicking Settings from the LagFix menu, then clicking Game Path. Installation is now even simpler:

REMOVED
This version has less options than the previous version because I wanted to get it released to everyone as soon as possible. I will be adding more features back in future versions.

Thanks for your patience guys! Enjoy!

Linking of .EXE files and unofficial content in forums.
Content removed.
~SgtGrunt

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users