1000 battles up

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

Oberst_Wulf #1 Posted Mar 11 2012 - 11:21

Sergeant

• Players
  • 24624 battles
Nothing... just kidding :)

Got my 1000 battles up last night, mainly been tier 1/2/3 but i've noticed over last 1000 games there are 3 sets of players Rushers/Defenders and 50/50 people. from my experience i find the best solution to a battle is to make your mind up on what your going to do its no good being 50/50 and stuck in limbo, however a bad rush or a bad defensive position is also no good.

Overly Aggressive will get you killed, Just being Aggressive could swing a battle in your favor but most likely get you killed. my advice to aggressive people would be play support behind a lead tank, 2 tanks is always better than 1 if the tank you allow to lead crosses the boundry from being aggressive to being overly aggressive you need to choose support him or not, more often then not "Not supporting him is the better option" but this depends on the battle difference between aggressive and overly aggressive is an overly aggressive person will drive into the enemies gunsights.

50/50 people sometimes i see these people stuck in positions they can't attack from and can't retreat from, its sucks if its you but, if its not its a chance to make a impact on the battlefield, because the enemy might show caution approaching your stuck ally, in which case you could take up some good support position overlooking this situation and put some hits on the enemy effectively holding there advance. but if the stuck ally is you then show patients and hope you have good support.

Defensive and Overly Defensive. Overly defensive if your in a position where your not engaging the enemy then your overly defensive and your team just lost a tank, now that type of defensive position could mean your last alive but would that extra tank up the field have swung it in your favor? you will never know now its all about how effective can you be against whatever enemy is left? you will find out :)

Defensive, my defensive position is normally a fire and retreat position, by this i mean i will support my guys in the fight however if there overrun i want to be able to hit the enemy and run landing as many hits as possible before surrendering the ground, So a forward defensive position should have a field of fire and a retreat, i favor this type of tactic however it suits certain tanks better than others.

Oh and dont sit still if your spotted and there is "Arty" on the field, you've read enough go practice already :)

SourKraut01 #2 Posted Mar 11 2012 - 14:31

Sergeant

• Players
  • 1764 battles
What I like is the people who don't really look at what tanks they are up against, and just start taking off at the start. Nobody stays behind for a couple of minutes to protect arty and lo and behold comes that T-50 or AMX-12t or some other fast light tank running on your base and killing arty. Playing my Churchill lately, have been up against 2-3 KV's, which I can handle one on one, but when they take out arty and then I'm stuck with 3 vs 1...

Oberst_Wulf #3 Posted Mar 13 2012 - 10:52

Sergeant

• Players
  • 24624 battles

View PostSourKraut01, on Mar 11 2012 - 14:31, said:

What I like is the people who don't really look at what tanks they are up against, and just start taking off at the start. Nobody stays behind for a couple of minutes to protect arty and lo and behold comes that T-50 or AMX-12t or some other fast light tank running on your base and killing arty. Playing my Churchill lately, have been up against 2-3 KV's, which I can handle one on one, but when they take out arty and then I'm stuck with 3 vs 1...

This is true, when i play arty i move to the left or to the right, never stay in a central position. i always move away from the likely rush spot. but yes i should of hit on this subject too, protecting arty is a must i've noticed this alot sometimes team abandon arty at start and they lose it to a rusher, then everytime they move forward they have no arty support so they die. also if the your ally arty doesnt die at the start i find some teams push on to fast for the ally arty to engage the targets they are or, the scouts engage targets in positions the arty cannot fire,so your scouts die first then the rest of tanks go looking for who killed them. rather than just stepping off and drawing them into a killing zone.

I sometimes try to click the map to let my team know where my killing zone is if i'm playing arty, think its important on the maps with the canyon systems however, they still rush passed it rather than holding defensive position before the section. but you can learn alot when your playing arty that you can put into practice with your tank, i admit arty is a learning curve but that curve is worth playing because of its benefits to your other vehicles.

certain defensive psotions cannot be hit by arty. only way to find out is to play arty. also you will learn pretty fast that arty requires cover and support. you will learn how to best cover your arty the more you play arty all this learning will benefit a team when you finally get back into a tank/TD

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users