Tank "Trading"

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

Poll: Tank "Trading" (61 members have cast votes)

Would you like to see somthing like this in place?

1. yes- but with credits (23 votes [37.70%])

Percentage of vote: 37.70%

2. yes- i like the gold idea (7 votes [11.48%])

Percentage of vote: 11.48%

3. no- not needed (20 votes [32.79%])

Percentage of vote: 32.79%

4. no- is this a troll? (11 votes [18.03%])

Percentage of vote: 18.03%

Vote Hide poll

Geldour #1 Posted Mar 13 2012 - 07:13

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
hi there, I was thinking it would be cool if there was a Player to player "auction house"

Somwhere that you could say get rid of tanks you dont use anymore to other players.

Eg: you have an IS7, you dont use it anymore but dont want to sell for scrap metal.

Rules i think should be in place:
1.1- a fee to place a tank on the trader to the value of 5% of the credits it is worth in gold. eg- an IS7 is worth 6.1million credits, so 5% of that is 305k credits. 305k credits to buy in gold is 762.8 gold.

1.2- a commission upon sale of your tank goes to wargaming to the value of 5% of the credits it sold for (an sells for is7 is 10million credits, so 500,000 credit commission).

2- The "asking price" Should be no less then 75% of the total value of your tanks value and no higher then 200% of the tanks total value.

3- Premium tanks are not able to be sold

4- Upon placing your tank on the Auction house, it is up for sale for 7days then removed unless sold proir to this time. The fee will not be refunded regardless of a sale or not.

5- Sale price is final, you may not altar the price you have placed the tank up for auction after you have confermed its details.

6- "Sale price" is the min reserve you put on the tank, bidding will continue for 7 days with the transaction been made upon the time of sale.

7- When you bid on a tank, you must have the credits in your bank, those credits will now be locked for the duration of time that you are leading the bidding on the tank. If somone bids higher then you, your credits are now unlocked and free for you to use as you desire (only the amout that your total bid was is locked)

8- Bidding is capped at 200% if somone bids to the value of 200% of the credit value of said tank, the auction comes to a close and sale is finalized.

thoughts?

Pros of this idea:
*WG makes extra income
*FTP players who dont buy gold can still buy tanks (just not sell them)
*Offers another way to get tanks you may like

cons:
* ?

VooDooG5 #2 Posted Mar 13 2012 - 07:22

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
I voted no. I've seen some great play-for-free/pay-to-win games go to pot because the company implemented the ability to 'buy' power, rather than earn it. As the game is, buying gold can convert XP you've already earned. Once the ability to buy an IS-7 is implemented, I fear we would have such an influx of lousy Tier X drivers that playing in Pubs to just get dailies would take 6.2 light years to get a fair enough team to get a win. Please, no newb Tier X drivers.

jankus22 #3 Posted Mar 13 2012 - 07:27

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles
Where is the option "I like turtles"?
But i think this is useless...

weeyin #4 Posted Mar 13 2012 - 07:31

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
as said above, it will make low tier player get higher tier tanks without learing them.

Also some higher tier stock is lower tier components that they havent unlocked so again takes away the grinding for new engins and guns.

I vote no

Znath #5 Posted Mar 13 2012 - 07:40

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles
If you allow player-to-player trading basically here's what happens.

Botters
AFKers
Chinese money farmers

People can trade between each other and thus the need for easy methods of getting cash come up.  On top of that, mass farming of coinage becomes commonplace.

So if people can then trade freely, they can also lie and steal their way to the top.

Jagex has managed to make free trade and kept bots out of the game mostly, but its also cost them millions in legal fees in the process.  They have a full legal division dedicated to persuing botters and preventing gold farming.  

In a game like WoT though, there's no danger of currency farming, because there's no way to exchange it..  If WG tried to enable free trade between players and allowed them to trade tanks and buy from each other.  They would also have to support a massive legal wing to prevent scamming, farming, and other scams and cheating.

Beerstein #6 Posted Mar 13 2012 - 07:49

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
No, and three reasons mentioned above

Botters
AFKers
Chinese money farmers

Geldour #7 Posted Mar 13 2012 - 07:51

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostZnath, on Mar 13 2012 - 07:40, said:

Botters
AFKers
Chinese money farmers

People can trade between each other and thus the need for easy methods of getting cash come up.  On top of that, mass farming of coinage becomes commonplace.

So if people can then trade freely, they can also lie and steal their way to the top.

Jagex has managed to make free trade and kept bots out of the game mostly, but its also cost them millions in legal fees in the process.  They have a full legal division dedicated to persuing botters and preventing gold farming.  

In a game like WoT though, there's no danger of currency farming, because there's no way to exchange it..  If WG tried to enable free trade between players and allowed them to trade tanks and buy from each other.  They would also have to support a massive legal wing to prevent scamming, farming, and other scams and cheating.

people already farm silver all the time on there type59s etc, theres no difference.
there still would be no way to exchange credits, its an auction, with a min and a max sale price.
there would be no way to tell who will win (buy) your tank, unless you have somone bidding 200% its worth make the offer in seconds, then, how does that benifit anyone ?

im not sure how it could possibly make people "bot" or "gold farm". There is no way to "currency farm" and even if there was, there would be no benifit to it at all as you cant exchange credits between players or gold.

Geldour #8 Posted Mar 13 2012 - 07:52

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostBeerstein, on Mar 13 2012 - 07:49, said:

No, and three reasons mentioned above

Botters
AFKers
Chinese money farmers

botters- happens anyway.
afkers-  happens anyway.
chinese money farmers- not even possible

Glythe #9 Posted Mar 13 2012 - 08:00

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
I voted yes, assuming you would require other players to have the tank researched. Otherwise.... absolutely not!

I see no reason to prevent players who have the tank from selling it to other players that have the tank researched but don't have the tank yet.

Djxie #10 Posted Mar 13 2012 - 08:03

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
Why would someone pay 10 million credits for an IS-7 when they can buy one from the store for 6.1 million? (or whatever the IS-7 costs).

I don't think an AH would be all that useful anyway, and since WG prices tanks to encourage people to buy premium and buy/use gold, I don't think they'd really want people buying tanks for 50-70% of their current price. It's still an interesting idea, but just wouldn't work well with this F2P model IMO.

Geldour #11 Posted Mar 13 2012 - 08:04

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
well, if you didnt notice there is a gold fee to place tanks for sale, so they dont lose out.

anwyasy, was just a thought/ idea

GhostUnitVII #12 Posted Mar 13 2012 - 08:11

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
I vote no, 2 reasons, one is that you dont get any drops from this game so getting a set of keys for a tank isnt going to happen, and two it would be considered as unfair for some, as people can just sell tanks to their clan members when they just get it researched. Also this game dosnt work like a MMORPG, if it did then ill understand. Good idea, wrong platform.

Damonvile #13 Posted Mar 13 2012 - 08:15

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostVooDooG5, on Mar 13 2012 - 07:22, said:

I fear we would have such an influx of lousy Tier X drivers ....

You mean pubs are full of good ones now ?

Geldour #14 Posted Mar 13 2012 - 08:25

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostGhostUnitVII, on Mar 13 2012 - 08:11, said:

I vote no, 2 reasons, one is that you dont get any drops from this game so getting a set of keys for a tank isnt going to happen, and two it would be considered as unfair for some, as people can just sell tanks to their clan members when they just get it researched. Also this game dosnt work like a MMORPG, if it did then ill understand. Good idea, wrong platform.

if they where willing to pay 800 gold to WG and the clan mate was willing to pay 12.2 million credits for the is7 then yes, it would be possible ( 600,000 credits of that would go to wargaming too )

Harkonen_siegetank #15 Posted Mar 13 2012 - 08:27

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostZnath, on Mar 13 2012 - 07:40, said:

Botters
AFKers
Chinese money farmers

Bingo! I agree with you. It'll also keep those pesky gold spammers away from my games. Just imagine, you entered a game and 2-3 from your team are bot spammers. Sitting at base and doing nothing.

Geldour #16 Posted Mar 13 2012 - 08:30

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
can i ask, bot spamming for what??

Harkonnen25 #17 Posted Mar 13 2012 - 08:36

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
Best way to go about trading would be to have it so you could only trade tanks of equal tier. This way someone can't just buy a tier 10 without having earned one.

-Say you have had that E-100 a long time and want something different. Maybe somebody else feels the same about his IS-7 or his new T110. They can then go about a straight trade. Weeee

-Premium tanks can be traded with other premium tanks though and be equal tier.

Beerstein #18 Posted Mar 13 2012 - 08:55

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostGeldour, on Mar 13 2012 - 07:52, said:

botters- happens anyway.
afkers-  happens anyway.
chinese money farmers- not even possible
Happens anyways, but do you really want to see it get worse? and the farmers are possible if they make any direct trade options in it.

Geldour #19 Posted Mar 13 2012 - 09:08

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostBeerstein, on Mar 13 2012 - 08:55, said:

Happens anyways, but do you really want to see it get worse? and the farmers are possible if they make any direct trade options in it.

so inother words no its not possible at all with what i drew up.

Beerstein #20 Posted Mar 13 2012 - 09:11

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostGeldour, on Mar 13 2012 - 09:08, said:

so inother words no its not possible at all with what i drew up.
Then I again go back to afking/botting getting worse than it already is.