North American You ask, We reply” #1

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
367 replies to this topic

Quesnel #21 Posted Mar 17 2012 - 06:07

Captain

• Players
  • 23989 battles
Being the premium tank junkie that I am, I was wondering if you all have a schedule concerning the release of premium vehicles and/or if we could get a rough idea of when new ones are being released?

I don't need an exact date, just getting a rough idea of when they are coming.

Premium vehicles have the same and sometimes even lower priority in releasing in comparison with regular vehicles. So once we announce new vehicles, some of them might be Premium ones. You will generally see a few every couple releases.

I remember asking you a similar question in a match once Jinx (a long time ago now, you might not remember). Very much the same answer you gave me. Now, I can understand the devs working on this (playtesting, balance, etc)but, why not have a limited release of some the premiums that have been tested and just sitting around such as the Pz4 hydro & SU-85I? The only new premium that is coming with any certainty is the T34(and, only a select few will get it). With the Type 59, and PZ 38H and PZ B2 gone from the store, the shelves are looking a little bare for the masses................

jinxx71 #22 Posted Mar 17 2012 - 06:29

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 7469 battles

View PostOrangeDemi, on Mar 17 2012 - 03:50, said:

there is no pic there.

Sorry we will get the picture up.

Josh

jinxx71 #23 Posted Mar 17 2012 - 06:31

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 7469 battles

View Postbakaman, on Mar 17 2012 - 04:24, said:

NA Q&A and no info on what the devs plan to do with the new american tanks...

What was there to say? You can test them for yourself on the 7.2 test server.

=)

Josh

jinxx71 #24 Posted Mar 17 2012 - 06:37

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 7469 battles
example of command vehicle.

Da7K #25 Posted Mar 17 2012 - 06:51

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 3492 battles
  • [TB] TB
Half track? i thought you want to add command tanks (Panzerbefehlswagen for example)

peril1337 #26 Posted Mar 17 2012 - 07:24

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 3789 battles
About Hunch...

4) If you "queue" a different ammo type for your next load does it sometimes load instantly. Having two crew members trained with this perk is somehow more advantageous since you will have more chance for this perk to work. Also you cannot reload instantly two times in a row.

I'd like some elaboration on this. For example, I have an AP shell loaded and I queue an HE shell, then fire. Does this mean that the HE shell can load instantly, therefore giving me 2 shots instantaneously? Or can this only activate if you replace your current shell, by double-tapping another ammo type? Thanks in advance.

ActionJoe #27 Posted Mar 17 2012 - 07:24

Sergeant

• Players
  • 17778 battles
"If you "queue" a different ammo type for your next load does it sometimes load instantly. Having two crew members trained with this perk is somehow more advantageous since you will have more chance for this perk to work. Also you cannot reload instantly two times in a row."

This response is not an answer. Either a mistranslation or bad proof reading. The person asked if a chance for an instant reload is possible if you queue up a different kind of shell but the answer is basically the question that was just asked.

Also, from my testing the hunch perk only works when you are in the middle of a reload. I have never gotten an instant reload when I queue up another shell. Also, I never get an instant reload when changing between shells. All it does it move the counter from the shell I am currently loading over to the shell I want to use without resetting the counter. Please answer this question again.

zmeul #28 Posted Mar 17 2012 - 07:31

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
there's a problem with one of the answers:

Q: 4)Loader (Hunch)*this is a very big question* When reloading a shell of a different type, there is a chance the shell will be instantly loaded. Instant loading cannot occur more than once before a full reload cycle has completed. Can someone please clarify some specifics on how this works, there is currently a relatively large debate among players... Does it let you "sometimes" switch ammo from one type to another after you are already fully loaded without a delay? Or if you "queue" a different ammo type for your next load does it sometimes load instantly? If the latter is true it seems fairly game-breaking as far as perks go, as large-bore guns could theoretically "double-fire" AP followed by Gold/HE occasionally.

A: 4) If you "queue" a different ammo type for your next load does it sometimes load instantly. Having two crew members trained with this perk is somehow more advantageous since you will have more chance for this perk to work. Also you cannot reload instantly two times in a row
the problem, is that a few days back (maybe a week+), Overlord, on EU forums, stated that the description of "Hunch" is inaccurate and this perk works as follows: "Only the highest trained level of this perk will be in effect if multiple crewmen have the perk trained."

can you please explain

Ceragon #29 Posted Mar 17 2012 - 07:52

Private

• Players
  • 10038 battles
have any of the developers considered in the very distant future combining World of tanks World of battleships and World of Aircraft together into one Massive vehicular combat game?
I know the maps would have to be fairly large but it would allow Tons of  strategy, AA turrets and all sorts of things in a game never before seen online :)
Just a really really cool thought for the next 5-10 years :)

Holeinthehead #30 Posted Mar 17 2012 - 07:52

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 9878 battles

View Postjinxx71, on Mar 17 2012 - 06:31, said:

What was there to say? You can test them for yourself on the 7.2 test server.

=)

Josh

Can we ?

Can we take this to mean the suspended beta account problem is fixed ?

burning_phoneix #31 Posted Mar 17 2012 - 07:56

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 7121 battles
  • [WCI] WCI
Thanks for answering my camo question!

Another question:

Tier VIII premiums are somewhat making the matchmaker top heavy by allowing top tier players to continually fund their Tier 8s to 10s without dropping into the mid tiers.

Will there be Tier 6 premiums to balance this out?

Holeinthehead #32 Posted Mar 17 2012 - 08:29

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 9878 battles
Every time I've asked anyone if 'Accelerating Crew Experience' helps with skills on crew members (not just getting the primary to 100%, which it certainly does help) I've been told it does NOT help.

With the new crew skills being introduced, will Accelerating experience help with gaining those skills?  Currently it does not seem to help, yet in this Q&A session, you specifically state it should be used toward these means.

"As far as I remember, accelerating experience just gives additional XP to a crew member. And it does not take into account whether you distribute it on crew member specialization or a skill. So it should work. We can look into this to give you a more firm answer next time."

Is this a polite way of saying you don't have a clue ?

Can we get a definitive answer ?

Should I assume that once a crew reach 100% Accelerated Crew Training is null and void ?

Ascaloth #33 Posted Mar 17 2012 - 09:00

Sergeant

• Players
  • 23623 battles
  • [MUP] MUP
I still need an answer to my question; what happens to experience accumulated on elite KV-3s? Does it go to the new tier 6 T-150, or does it follow the KV-3 to tier 7? If the latter, can I use it to unlock the tier 8 KV-4?

RhetoricalBro #34 Posted Mar 17 2012 - 09:37

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 8761 battles
  • [_LMF_] _LMF_
i have a question, in the near future will gold be able too be worth the fortunes worth of 100$(USD)
100$ is alot too spend on a game worth 15$ and doesnt go as far as it SHOULD be going in the game.
for example.

1 gold for 25 free exp? should be 50.

1 gold for 400 credits? should be 1000.

this sorta example is primary too what gold is REALLY spent for. premium and gold tanks are runner up, but still. WoT in the future should be more lenient on not only USA wallets but Russian and European wallets as well. i do know that Wargaming is trying its best too make the sister games and needs ATON of funds (dunno why) too make these 15 dollar worth games. but after everything is done and all goals have been met. Wargaming will have no reason too charge such huge prices even if they make one up. but that doesnt mean they'll take the prices down a notch. but why not?

GotTank #35 Posted Mar 17 2012 - 10:24

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 34681 battles
  • [REL-V] REL-V
They should hire me to translate things like this. Lived half my life in Cali and the other half in St Petersburg. There was clearly something being lost in the translation of a couple questions.  :blink:

As for lowering prices, we all want that no doubt. I trust they get what they need plus a modest extra for their efforts. Wouldn't mind a gold sale once in a while - not just modules though  :Smile_honoring:

geonosis3 #36 Posted Mar 17 2012 - 10:24

Private

• Players
  • 16122 battles
I have a question. Please tell me if there is a better place to ask this.

Why there is no chat, or any kind of communication after random battles? It would be great to discus and say a few words to your team or enemy team after battle.

Valkeiper #37 Posted Mar 17 2012 - 11:41

Major

• Players
  • 8176 battles
An observation followed by a couple questions.

observation: compared to a heavy tank of the same nation and same tier, an SPG has NO advantages. The SPG is more expensive to both research and buy (which makes no sense... should be LESS expensive), the SPG has a slower reload (with its roomier... and often completely open... crew spaces, the SPG should have BETTER RoF), the SPG has little to no armor (which DOES make sense), most SPGs are slower than their heavy-tank counter-parts, and the system PURPOSELY schews the matches so the SPG is ALWAYS facing heavy tanks at least 2 tiers higher than itself... ALWAYS!!!

1st question: why couldn't the devs just design the SPG to be equal to its heavy-tank counter-part like they did the medium and light tanks?

2nd question: are the devs trying to discourage players from playing SPGs? Is so, there are a couple basic steps (easy to implement, even as programs) that will 'do the trick' and allow the SPG to be modified to a more historically accurate template.

SirDenOfYork #38 Posted Mar 17 2012 - 14:29

Corporal

• Players
  • 24945 battles
  • [B_OPS] B_OPS
Alot of GOOD info keep it comming... ;)

jeremy455 #39 Posted Mar 17 2012 - 14:36

Corporal

• Players
  • 18999 battles
you guys say heavy tanks arent going to get a credit increase but a possible decrease in credit how to aspect ppl to play there heavy tanks if they are always going to lose credits.
i was playing a random in my t30 and got 5 kills in that battle and still lost money. but you guys say in forums if you play good in the match and do what your tank is ment do to you will get a increase in credits as such
idk how getting 5 kills in a battle is not playing well in my t30. 2nd do you guys really think people are going to use heavy tank in matchs in TC and in CWs if they are going to lose credits i say increase the credits income just a little so they can atleast brake even and not always lose money but soon nobody is going to want to run heavy tanks

L_E_X #40 Posted Mar 17 2012 - 14:39

Corporal

• Players
  • 27596 battles
I checked the new crew skills on the test server, they seem to be very useful, but I see a problem, the ammount of exp needed to get them all up and running. some of my crew members have over 2 thousand battles and they are barely getting up to 90% on their third skill. That means it will take ten thousand battles or more to get them all, and that's way too much, specially if you consider that most of the players have not only one, but ten or more tanks.

Are there any plans to reduce the ammount of exp needed to train all the crew skills?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users