7.2 Duke Nukem Sounds,Hit Zone Skins Mod Package

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
29 replies to this topic

TaRcIiPdS #1 Posted Mar 17 2012 - 13:56

Corporal

• Players
  • 17269 battles
  • [DRUNK] DRUNK
Since they did the update in 7.3 and have thier own OTM no need to make them anymore so I redid the folder and made it just Duke Nukem sounds and the hit zone skins.....

This whole package comes with the following:
Duke Nukem Sounds
Hit Zone Skins "that show you weak points on alot of the tanks ingame"

Posted Image

Simply replace the 0.7.2 folder in your res_mod folder with the new 0.7.2 folder in this zip and relogg tanks and there ya go working mod..
Open the zip package and place the full res_mod folder into WoT folder restart tanks and there ya go complete modded out and ready to go..

Here is the file Duke Nukem Sounds,Hit Zone Skins Package

Hope you enjoy!!

Edited by TaRcIiPdS, May 14 2012 - 14:55.

Panagia #2 Posted Mar 21 2012 - 21:03

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
Can somehow remove the player names?

Somali_Pirate_Dinghy #3 Posted Mar 21 2012 - 21:39

Corporal

• Players
  • 8096 battles
  • [SEAMN] SEAMN
Here is a minimal I made..

OTM minimal

The only difference is I have the health ratio which can come in handy. Also I made the font a little smaller and the health bar as well to fit.

I have a bunch of custom OTM files, I enjoy creating new versions.

Hope it helps!

Panagia #4 Posted Mar 21 2012 - 22:05

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
Man you are fast!Thanks!

iPokeTanksWithSpoons #5 Posted Mar 21 2012 - 23:04

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Can I upload this to World of Tanks Nexus please? All credits will go to you, of course :) Alternatively please feel free to upload it to WOTNexus yourself; it's completely free and fast to do :)

Nintura #6 Posted Mar 22 2012 - 00:52

Sergeant

• Players
  • 1893 battles
Question.  How do you install this?

Nintura #7 Posted Mar 22 2012 - 00:54

Sergeant

• Players
  • 1893 battles
Nm.   I missed the part about what tile to replace lol.  Thanks mate, trying it out now.

TaRcIiPdS #8 Posted Mar 26 2012 - 17:06

Corporal

• Players
  • 17269 battles
  • [DRUNK] DRUNK
edited the main post with new stuff

anarchyxf36 #9 Posted Mar 26 2012 - 22:20

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 21307 battles
  • [86TH] 86TH
(note regarding the hit skins screens) okay seriously if your up to tier 8 TD with full upgrades and you still need hit skins i have absolutely 0 respect for a persons "papered stat" ass considering that by that tier you should have enough knowledge on where the hell to hit a tank to not even need them or that you should even have them installed.

Now getting to the mod pack review...

Duke Soundpack - Best damn soundpack there is to date and always good for a laugh  :Smile_great:                                                                                            10/10

J1mbo's Crosshairs - One of the better english crosshair packs out there aside from adiya's. Although there are better ones out there if you don't mind them being all in russian.           8/10
(Note: I am curious though what version of J1mbo's Crosshair Pack this is though)

Over Target Markers - Basic OTM configuration. Although it's a must-have mod.                                                                                                               10/10

Hit Zone Skins -  :angry: Personally there a great training tool for beginners, however expect to be hated and jaded by the community for using them since it's considered by long-time
players to be an unfair advantage and in some players eyes viewed as a form of "legal game hack"                                                                                             2/10

jack101x #10 Posted Mar 26 2012 - 23:09

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
i got that scope for the sniper view, how do I added for the wide 3rd person view? thanks

gfunk4life #11 Posted Mar 27 2012 - 04:15

Corporal

• Players
  • 39360 battles

View Postanarchyxf36, on Mar 26 2012 - 22:20, said:

(note regarding the hit skins screens) okay seriously if your up to tier 8 TD with full upgrades and you still need hit skins i have absolutely 0 respect for a persons "papered stat" ass considering that by that tier you should have enough knowledge on where the hell to hit a tank to not even need them or that you should even have them installed.

Duke Soundpack - Best damn soundpack there is to date and always good for a laugh  :Smile_great:                                                                                            10/10

J1mbo's Crosshairs - One of the better english crosshair packs out there aside from adiya's. Although there are better ones out there if you don't mind them being all in russian.           8/10
(Note: I am curious though what version of J1mbo's Crosshair Pack this is though)

Over Target Markers - Basic OTM configuration. Although it's a must-have mod.                                                                                                               10/10

Hit Zone Skins -  :angry: Personally there a great training tool for beginners, however expect to be hated and jaded by the community for using them since it's considered by long-time
players to be an unfair advantage and in some players eyes viewed as a form of "legal game hack"                                                                                             2/10
i hate that way of thinking. OTM and many custom crosshairs help way more then Hit Zone Skins. you can learn weak spots, the Hit Zone Skins at some point is just there and mostly forgotten . my skin shows mostly six and higher but in anything lower i still shoot at the weak spots anyway. seeing my reload speed is a huge advantage or seeing my opponent's health .

anarchyxf36 #12 Posted Mar 27 2012 - 09:18

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 21307 battles
  • [86TH] 86TH

View Postgfunk4life, on Mar 27 2012 - 04:15, said:

i hate that way of thinking. OTM and many custom crosshairs help way more then Hit Zone Skins. you can learn weak spots, the Hit Zone Skins at some point is just there and mostly forgotten . my skin shows mostly six and higher but in anything lower i still shoot at the weak spots anyway. seeing my reload speed is a huge advantage or seeing my opponent's health .

eh don't matter what you think personally, still doesn't change the fact that there a nasty little exploit that people use, and frankly anyone can come up with BS excuses as to why there perfectly legal and justifiable. And using crosshairs and OTM,s and stuff... you do realize that they don't improve your aim worth a damn and the only thing OTMs do is just give you a health readout and tell you how much damage to did in HP format which doesn't help your aiming either. Sides you, me, and everyone else that has enough battles under there belt to know that shooting at colored areas on a tank is alot easier since you can just point and click then having to actually remember where crap is. BTW push me enough on the matter and i'll download em and put a comparison vid up on youtube since i have never used em since i started playing this game last april so everyone including wargaming can see just how much of an unfair advantage they truely are. B)

Honestly in my opinion there a nasty exploit that should have never have been created to begin with and frankly should be an outlawed skin with account sactioned consequences for using them.

xiiRedstar #13 Posted Mar 27 2012 - 19:27

Private

• Players
  • 8554 battles
Here is a mirror from FileFactory, the other link was slow.  

http://www.filefacto.../n/res_mods.zip

:Smile_honoring:

File is simply mirrored, no changes were made. Enjoy this package made by Jimbo.

gfunk4life #14 Posted Mar 28 2012 - 03:10

Corporal

• Players
  • 39360 battles
hitbox skin doesn't improve aiming at all, because it doesn't aim for you. it doesn't tell you if the tank is angled to make penetration harder. my crosshairs tell me when to pop out with my reload timer. my OTM  gives out so much information of the battlefield , knowing what is spotted. this game is more then aiming , movement is more important. all you need to know 70% of the time, is that the back and sides are weaker .

its not hard to shot at eye holes, MGs , underside, sides and rear.

TaRcIiPdS #15 Posted Mar 29 2012 - 00:43

Corporal

• Players
  • 17269 battles
  • [DRUNK] DRUNK
Is this my complete package with everything included.....cause mine is all working and all with all them added not just Jimbo's stuff!!!

View PostxiiRedstar, on Mar 27 2012 - 19:27, said:

Here is a mirror from FileFactory, the other link was slow.  

http://www.filefacto.../n/res_mods.zip

:Smile_honoring:

File is simply mirrored, no changes were made. Enjoy this package made by Jimbo.

RedZap #16 Posted Mar 29 2012 - 01:07

Sergeant

• Players
  • 5800 battles
I don't have a problem with folks that use hitzone skins but I do wonder why you'd want to play the game with Grim Fandango-esque tanks

Posted Image

TheLaggyFox #17 Posted Mar 29 2012 - 08:18

Corporal

• Players
  • 11005 battles
  • [D-0-S] D-0-S
its taking forever to download!

The_Solution #18 Posted Mar 29 2012 - 09:37

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8897 battles
Thanks

Excellent package

I really like the Jimbo croshairs and the OT markers.

The duke Nukem got a bit tedious for me after a while so I removed them and replaced with original voiceovers.

I can see the usefulness of the hit skins but I believe they detract from the fun of the game. I also, having tried them, believe they could be a bit of a hindrance as not all guns will penetrate at those points and therefore a shot is wasted. I would like to know if you know which files need to be removed to remove them as I will remove them once I figure it out.

Again thanks for the package.

sopheset000 #19 Posted Mar 30 2012 - 00:39

Private

• Players
  • 3289 battles
I just want to download the skins

TheLaggyFox #20 Posted Mar 30 2012 - 02:44

Corporal

• Players
  • 11005 battles
  • [D-0-S] D-0-S
restart WoT?? as in like close it down or download agian? coz it ain't working