Jump to content


Reporting clan members behavior to clan leaders


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
61 replies to this topic

fatkiddown #1 Posted Mar 18 2012 - 20:08

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 24627 battles
  • 2,641
  • Member since:
    07-06-2010
Simple question: is it a violation of any rule to report the behavior of clan members to their clan's leaders?

I understand publicly naming and shaming, but what about sending a replay to a clan's leadership for their bad behavior in, say, a pug game?

Thanks much,

-FKD

stickjock #2 Posted Mar 18 2012 - 20:13

    Major

  • Players
  • 5345 battles
  • 5,134
  • [USBOT] USBOT
  • Member since:
    04-21-2011
I don't believe so... I for one would want to know, even as just a Deputy Commander if one of our members was breaking the game rules or just in general being a "bad sport" for whatever reason...

johndart49 #3 Posted Mar 18 2012 - 20:15

    Captain

  • Players
  • 12913 battles
  • 1,600
  • Member since:
    12-18-2011
i dont believe so as i got reported to my clan leaders for a post in recruitment where i stated that someone could keep on looking for a clan and they werent wanted. (dumb move on my part). it basically resulted in me resigning my recruitment position. but thats life, mistakes are made, and im a vocal person so being a recruiter combined with my bluntness and presence on the forums probably isnt a good combo. edit.  :Smile_great: although it was good to find out later that the neg comments i got in that post and neg rep were from the ops dupes which got banned. :Smile_great:

warrends #4 Posted Mar 18 2012 - 20:17

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 21439 battles
  • 2,920
  • Member since:
    05-19-2011
I agree with the stickjock guy. I have been tempted to contact a few lummoxes' clan leaders just so they know that one of their members is acting like a complete putz and therefore giving their own clan a bad reputation. As for our clan, we'd appreciate it, but hope that we never hear that about any of our members. How hard is it to be mature and a good sport???

johndart49 #5 Posted Mar 18 2012 - 20:20

    Captain

  • Players
  • 12913 battles
  • 1,600
  • Member since:
    12-18-2011
IMO. reporting to clan leaders is a more effective, and diplomatic way to solve a problem. but in some cases the clan leaders dont care.

Jay4hand #6 Posted Mar 18 2012 - 20:31

    Captain

  • Players
  • 10887 battles
  • 1,167
  • Member since:
    08-17-2011
I report things like antisemitism to clan leaders.  I usually do not get a nice response back, I guess I expect a clan leader to be an adult, but I guess there is no real requirement.

Dirt_Knapp #7 Posted Mar 18 2012 - 20:35

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 5872 battles
  • 281
  • Member since:
    05-11-2011
As a deputy commander of IKILL my members know that they are gone if they troll, flame or do anything that does not constitute decent gaming behavior. I have contacted several clan commanders numerous times to talk to them about some member. Most times that offender has been removed or placed on probation. BUT I always be sure to have some kind of evidence to back up the complaint. That is by far the most key I think.

BigDaddyD1 #8 Posted Mar 18 2012 - 21:03

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 23384 battles
  • 179
  • Member since:
    04-26-2011
I don't see a problem with it, but sorry to say that most will probably just laugh or shrug it off. Unless the player is just a total jerk in the clan also then it may be a reason to remove them.

ChairInABasket #9 Posted Mar 18 2012 - 23:14

    Staff sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 10998 battles
  • 335
  • [NDP] NDP
  • Member since:
    08-08-2010
xxxx (3:24:01 AM) morning Chain
xxxx (3:25:02 AM) I have a comp,laint against Dxxxxxxxxl
xxxx (3:25:22 AM) I do not need his / or hers, insults in game
ChairInABasket (3:46:20 AM) and i don't need you bothering me about this *****. stop being a terrible ***** pubbie and maybe people will stop insulting you.


1 day RO for profanity.
-carves


BarrooM #10 Posted Mar 18 2012 - 23:30

    Major

  • Players
  • 18618 battles
  • 5,654
  • Member since:
    02-02-2011

View PostChairInABasket, on Mar 18 2012 - 23:14, said:

xxxx (3:24:01 AM) morning Chain
xxxx (3:25:02 AM) I have a comp,laint against Dxxxxxxxxl
xxxx (3:25:22 AM) I do not need his / or hers, insults in game
ChairInABasket (3:46:20 AM) and i don't need you bothering me about this *****. stop being a terrible ***** pubbie and maybe people will stop insulting you.


Pretty much.

fatkiddown #11 Posted Mar 18 2012 - 23:36

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 24627 battles
  • 2,641
  • Member since:
    07-06-2010

View PostChairInABasket, on Mar 18 2012 - 23:14, said:

xxxx (3:24:01 AM) morning Chain
xxxx (3:25:02 AM) I have a comp,laint against Dxxxxxxxxl
xxxx (3:25:22 AM) I do not need his / or hers, insults in game
ChairInABasket (3:46:20 AM) and i don't need you bothering me about this *****. stop being a terrible ***** pubbie and maybe people will stop insulting you.

The assumption of: you were griefed you deserve it makes as much sense as high gas prices....

I'm not sure exactly how to take what you say above.  My exhaustive explanation of what happened can be found here:

http://forum.worldof...86#entry1597186

It was egregious, unprovoked and wrong.

The _only_ remote thing I did was to finally respond to the guy's taunts after he made 3 separate attempts to get me to say something, and I finally did.

I'd love to share the replay.  My team was raging on the guy for his and his partner's behavior.  To boot, his clan is ran by a moderator.

EDIT: attitudes such as yours illustrated in your post, are exactly why this type thing has happened.  Combine a broke automated team damage and TK system with really bad attitudes like yours, and we get the thing that happened to me -- veteran, clansmen, trolling pub games, doing what they want.  It's like, Anankin vs. the Sandmen or something.  No, wait, Anakin actually had skillz.

jelly2m8 #12 Posted Mar 20 2012 - 20:13

    Sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 9201 battles
  • 164
  • [NDP] NDP
  • Member since:
    07-17-2010

View PostChairInABasket, on Mar 18 2012 - 23:14, said:

xxxx (3:24:01 AM) morning Chain
xxxx (3:25:02 AM) I have a comp,laint against Dxxxxxxxxl
xxxx (3:25:22 AM) I do not need his / or hers, insults in game
ChairInABasket (3:46:20 AM) and i don't need you bothering me about this *****. stop being a terrible ***** pubbie and maybe people will stop insulting you.


1 day RO for profanity.
-carves



Thats my awesome boss, there to back me up when I tell pubbies they are bad@tanks / try killing something for a change / delete your account because you are terrible, and he even pays me sweet sweet CW gold for it too!

Thrashed #13 Posted Mar 20 2012 - 20:39

    Sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 15045 battles
  • 227
  • Member since:
    11-22-2010

View Postfatkiddown, on Mar 18 2012 - 23:36, said:

The assumption of: you were griefed you deserve it makes as much sense as high gas prices....I'm not sure exactly how to take what you say above.  My exhaustive explanation of what happened can be found here:http://forum.worldof...#entry1597186It was egregious, unprovoked and wrong.The _only_ remote thing I did was to finally respond to the guy's taunts after he made 3 separate attempts to get me to say something, and I finally did.I'd love to share the replay.  My team was raging on the guy for his and his partner's behavior.  To boot, his clan is ran by a moderator.EDIT: attitudes such as yours illustrated in your post, are exactly why this type thing has happened.  Combine a broke automated team damage and TK system with really bad attitudes like yours, and we get the thing that happened to me -- veteran, clansmen, trolling pub games, doing what they want.  It's like, Anankin vs. the Sandmen or something.  No, wait, Anakin actually had skillz.


This is what I do not understand from a lot of people, your feelings were hurt so you ran to the clan leader to tattle and you did not like the answer you got.  What do you expect would happen, the clan leader boots the "offending" member because you said he hurt your feelings with taunts?  Do you think clan leaders are suppose to play Mommy and Daddy to a bunch of grownups playing a game?  If you came to me with this, I may not have been as graceful as Chair, probably would have told you to put your big girl panties on and if it was a big enough issue to report him and not to bother me with it.  Unless a member violates something in our clan's code of conduct, they are free to taunt away because if it violates something in the game mechanics it will be handled by WG.

xXRageXx #14 Posted Mar 21 2012 - 04:26

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 19090 battles
  • 384
  • Member since:
    03-14-2011
I've had lots of pubbies come and whine to me about this guy or that guy, bla bla bla. If our member is calling out another "clan" we might raise an eyebrow, but we honestly have better things to do then address players that wanna run to mommy when things don't go their way. As Thrashed said, WG has in-game mechanics for that sort of thing. And really, if you're the kinda guy that is gonna run to mommy and say "he hurt my feelings!", frankly, you prolly deserved it.

WG has a mechanic, you have a gun, reporting procedure, screenshots and video to submit a ticket with (to which even WG will point you to the ingame mechanic) - so this should be a clan-leader's problem because......?

EDIT: IF WG really wanted to stop TK's they'd simply shut off the ability to damage a team mate. <<--- period. So they have a system in place that stops it from being too ridiculous, but there is a dynamic to shooting a friendly that is obviously desired by the Dev's. I don't normally defend them very often, but in this case, a system is in place and (by personal experience) is does actually work.

fatkiddown #15 Posted Mar 22 2012 - 01:11

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 24627 battles
  • 2,641
  • Member since:
    07-06-2010

View Postjelly2m8, on Mar 20 2012 - 20:13, said:

Thats my awesome boss, there to back me up when I tell pubbies they are bad@tanks / try killing something for a change / delete your account because you are terrible, and he even pays me sweet sweet CW gold for it too!

Yet, that isn't what happened at all.  Assuming such, is like believing in the FSM.

If trolls took all of 5 minutes to read, and know, then speak, there would be no trolls.

fatkiddown #16 Posted Mar 22 2012 - 01:21

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 24627 battles
  • 2,641
  • Member since:
    07-06-2010

View PostThrashed, on Mar 20 2012 - 20:39, said:

This is what I do not understand from a lot of people, your feelings were hurt so you ran to the clan leader to tattle and you did not like the answer you got.

Gross assumption.  Not at all.  Again, if people would read, learn, then speak, the internets woudl get fixted.

I 1st told the 2 who coordinated to TK me, to stop TKing me.  I then told them I would report them.  They laughed and continued TKing me.  They then TKed me.  I then told them I would submit a formal support ticket and report them.  They laughed (for good reason, the current TK system encourages their actions).  I heard nothing for days on the ticket.  I _then_ contacted the moderator who is in the clan's leadership, and subtly directed him to my original forum post, that did not mention him, his clan or his members that did it -- trying to give him a hint.  I heard nothign -- by now, days have gone by.  I finally, finally, contacted the clan leadership and directly gave them the replay of some of the worst behavior I've witnessed in WoT in 11k games, since closed beta, circa July 2010.

To boot ... TO BOOT!!!! I even posted here asking if this was ok first, and to get what ... grief....

View PostThrashed, on Mar 20 2012 - 20:39, said:

  What do you expect would happen, the clan leader boots the "offending" member because you said he hurt your feelings with taunts?  Do you think clan leaders are suppose to play Mommy and Daddy to a bunch of grownups playing a game?  If you came to me with this, I may not have been as graceful as Chair, probably would have told you to put your big girl panties on and if it was a big enough issue to report him and not to bother me with it.  Unless a member violates something in our clan's code of conduct, they are free to taunt away because if it violates something in the game mechanics it will be handled by WG.

I didn't even finish reading this.  You wasted time typing this trite out.

Update: The clan leader did watch the replay and agreed with me and told me he would address it.

Now, go punch yourself in the face.  Potato....

fatkiddown #17 Posted Mar 22 2012 - 01:22

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 24627 battles
  • 2,641
  • Member since:
    07-06-2010

View PostxXRageXx, on Mar 21 2012 - 04:26, said:

I've had lots of pubbies come and whine to me about this guy or that guy, bla bla bla. If our member is calling out another "clan" we might raise an eyebrow, but we honestly have better things to do then address players that wanna run to mommy when things don't go their way. As Thrashed said, WG has in-game mechanics for that sort of thing. And really, if you're the kinda guy that is gonna run to mommy and say "he hurt my feelings!", frankly, you prolly deserved it.

WG has a mechanic, you have a gun, reporting procedure, screenshots and video to submit a ticket with (to which even WG will point you to the ingame mechanic) - so this should be a clan-leader's problem because......?

EDIT: IF WG really wanted to stop TK's they'd simply shut off the ability to damage a team mate. <<--- period. So they have a system in place that stops it from being too ridiculous, but there is a dynamic to shooting a friendly that is obviously desired by the Dev's. I don't normally defend them very often, but in this case, a system is in place and (by personal experience) is does actually work.

Not reading all of this either.  You guys are doing nothing but building on the belief that people in clans are total tools....

xXRageXx #18 Posted Mar 22 2012 - 01:33

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 19090 battles
  • 384
  • Member since:
    03-14-2011

View Postfatkiddown, on Mar 22 2012 - 01:22, said:

Not reading all of this either.  You guys are doing nothing but building on the belief that people in clans are total tools....

im sorry to speak with more than 5 words and no pictures, perhaps if you DO read it you will be able to contribute with value?

Thrashed #19 Posted Mar 22 2012 - 01:34

    Sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 15045 battles
  • 227
  • Member since:
    11-22-2010

View Postfatkiddown, on Mar 22 2012 - 01:21, said:

Gross assumption.  Not at all.  Again, if people would read, learn, then speak, the internets woudl get fixted.I 1st told the 2 who coordinated to TK me, to stop TKing me.  I then told them I would report them.  They laughed and continued TKing me.  They then TKed me.  I then told them I would submit a formal support ticket and report them.  They laughed (for good reason, the current TK system encourages their actions).  I heard nothing for days on the ticket.  I _then_ contacted the moderator who is in the clan's leadership, and subtly directed him to my original forum post, that did not mention him, his clan or his members that did it -- trying to give him a hint.  I heard nothign -- by now, days have gone by.  I finally, finally, contacted the clan leadership and directly gave them the replay of some of the worst behavior I've witnessed in WoT in 11k games, since closed beta, circa July 2010.I didn't even finish reading this.  You wasted time typing this trite out.Update: The clan leader did watch the replay and agreed with me and told me he would address it.Now, go punch yourself in the face.  Potato....


It wasn't a assumption at all, I actually did read BOTH of your threads telling the same story; You sent in a support ticket, but did not like the answer (no answer) so you sent a message to the clan leader to whine about it, then you say the clan leader agreed with you and would address it but yet you still feel the need to make two threads to whine about you being TKed like you are the first person in this game to have been TKed.  

Let me guess, when you were in school you were the one who would "take names" when the teacher would leave the room

fatkiddown #20 Posted Mar 22 2012 - 01:36

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 24627 battles
  • 2,641
  • Member since:
    07-06-2010

View PostxXRageXx, on Mar 22 2012 - 01:33, said:

im sorry to speak with more than 5 words and no pictures, perhaps if you DO read it you will be able to contribute with value?

contribute to waht?  This thread started with a simple question.  In response, people are asking/advocating/supporting carte blanche actions and behavior in pub games.

I mean, call the gd police statoin and report you got mugged.  The detective asks, "what did you do to deserve it?"

You'd so, "srsly?..."




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users