Tutorial: Remove Fps Drop When Zoomed In!

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Poll: Tutorial: Remove Fps Drop When Zoomed In! (1379 members have cast votes)

Do you think this should get removed or be classed as a hack/cheat?

1. No. If the dev's didnt do anything special about protecting the files. It is just simple tinkering with files for now! muahahaha! (see what I did there?) (1118 votes [81.73%])

Percentage of vote: 81.73%

2. Yes. It removes a lag and gives player greater advantage over the view field! (250 votes [18.27%])

Percentage of vote: 18.27%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

DeutschOesterreich #1 Posted Aug 02 2012 - 15:26

Corporal

• Players
  • 5012 battles
  • [SFOR6] SFOR6
So is this still going to work in 7.5? And do I have to do it in the normal res folder or like JerryDVP said make my own folders in res_mods ?!

Geandily, on Apr 09 2012 - 02:04, said:

Ok for anybody that cant get it to work, you need to put the ScopeShadow.swf file into this directory:

C:\Games\World of Tanks\res_mods\gui\flash
Or wherever your install is of course
In my res_mods folder I only have 7.1.1 7.1.2 7.1.3 7.1.4 and 7.1.5 they all only contain a readme.txt and nothing else, are you sure you don't mean C:\Games\World of Tanks\res\gui\flash cause that's where I DID find the folders as well as the scopeshadow file and replaced the 1mb one with the 819kb one from the download link (well I just renamed the original)..

Edited by AustroBoricua, Aug 02 2012 - 16:32.

DeutschOesterreich #2 Posted Aug 02 2012 - 16:31

Corporal

• Players
  • 5012 battles
  • [SFOR6] SFOR6
Double post, I didn't mean to do that, please delete.

Edited by AustroBoricua, Aug 02 2012 - 16:32.

GoodMuZz #3 Posted Aug 04 2012 - 12:31

Private

• Players
  • 20 battles
cognitive :Smile_Default:

BrianHorrocks #4 Posted Sep 19 2012 - 15:21

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3901 battles
the scope shadow is gone for me after I put milbarges slow pc mod in

Ghidrah #5 Posted Jan 18 2013 - 22:38

Private

• Players
  • 721 battles
Moving to the top

Highlander63 #6 Posted Jun 15 2013 - 03:07

Private

• Players
  • 6312 battles
Is this why my 20+ FPS will suddenly drop to single digits whenever I hit a XVM Greenmeanie or Purple Unicorn?  Enen when I'm not in sniper mode??  I'm running 8.5/8.6 on Highend machine with a 1GB DDR3 overclocked vid card.

Or why my vickers med. 6 lb gun shells "bounce off" said same players Light tier I tank's armor at point blank range??

ALL MODs are CHEATS!!!

Signting MODs, Target Identifier MODS, Shot through Rocks, Buildings and Mountians MODS, Steath Invisibility while moving MODs,  Remove RED target outline so can't be hit MODs, Teleport across the map MODs, etc.  I've seen and been victim to them all and have the recorded battles to prove it, but WoT support says NO SUCH THINGS EXIST.

Anything no in original game that gives one player an advantage over another in a P-v-P game is a CHEAT!!

SgtShidner59 #7 Posted Jun 15 2013 - 14:31

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 30336 battles

View PostHighlander63, on Jun 15 2013 - 03:07, said:

Is this why my 20+ FPS will suddenly drop to single digits whenever I hit a XVM Greenmeanie or Purple Unicorn?  Enen when I'm not in sniper mode??  I'm running 8.5/8.6 on Highend machine with a 1GB DDR3 overclocked vid card.

Or why my vickers med. 6 lb gun shells "bounce off" said same players Light tier I tank's armor at point blank range??

ALL MODs are CHEATS!!!

Signting MODs, Target Identifier MODS, Shot through Rocks, Buildings and Mountians MODS, Steath Invisibility while moving MODs,  Remove RED target outline so can't be hit MODs, Teleport across the map MODs, etc.  I've seen and been victim to them all and have the recorded battles to prove it, but WoT support says NO SUCH THINGS EXIST.

Anything no in original game that gives one player an advantage over another in a P-v-P game is a CHEAT!!

Oh look....someone wants attention....

(Now just to sit back and...  :popcorn: )

NukGar #8 Posted Jun 16 2013 - 07:45

Private

• Players
  • 4473 battles
so where is this mod?

Deadboy86 #9 Posted Jun 23 2013 - 02:43

Private

• Players
  • 4215 battles
Just because the developers of W.oTs have chosen NOT to lock-down the game files with digital certificates that deny access to game servers to anyone that does not have clean certified copies of game files to make game fair, balanced and even, does NOT mean something isn't a "hack" or a "cheat". If the developers had intended the effects and information provided "real time" during battles by XVM and other MODs to be part of the game, they would have included those features in the "vanilla" out of the box game.  XVM has to be ported through a proxy server in order to work, so what other "data" is that server passing onto your system or doing for your client?

The desires/feedback from player for additional "features" would be rolled out in the game undates to everyone.  W.o.Ts chooses not to do this because they make money on doing so, because so many things in the game are only available for "gold" and the only way to get that regularly and legally is to pay cash.

I have seen exact same type of "strange" game behavior that Highlander63 describes. Have seen "players" openly advertise they are running a "Hacked" game and where other players can go to buy said "hacks". This is while they are the last survivor on their team and proceed to kill 8 or 10 of the opposing team to win the game. Not one at a time, with all of them attacking him at once from all sides. There is "good" and "great", but no one is that good with Tier I or II equipment. When reported to W.o.Ts moderators with copies of said battle, was told "Nothing was seen in footage submitted to indicate illegal or inappropriate game play."  This would imply that if you don't want to play that way, you will just have to accept being a baby harp seal or find another game.

Since SgtShidner is likely running XVM and who-knows-what other "MOD" packs and reaping the advantages of them, his response is to be expected. Those who use them, become addicted to them and couldn't play without them. If he couldn't see every "enemy" player's position on the mini-map the entire battle, how could he avoid being "ambushed" or "sniped" and have his stats?? He is a "beta tester" after all. Part of the system.

SgtShidner59 #10 Posted Jun 24 2013 - 03:07

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 30336 battles

View PostDeadboy86, on Jun 23 2013 - 02:43, said:

Since SgtShidner is likely running XVM and who-knows-what other "MOD" packs and reaping the advantages of them, his response is to be expected. Those who use them, become addicted to them and couldn't play without them. If he couldn't see every "enemy" player's position on the mini-map the entire battle, how could he avoid being "ambushed" or "sniped" and have his stats?? He is a "beta tester" after all. Part of the system.

Nope, i don't use any XVM mods as i find that they are only for people who are obsessed with stats. I don't care much about that. The only 'mods' that i use is a aiming reticule that shows my reload time (which anyone could figure out through simple math, or watching the game clock as their gun reloads. I merely enjoy seeing a visual representation, its calming), and a hitlog that tracks damage to my vehicle and damage i deal to enemy vehicles (this 'mod' grants me no special advantage, it doesn't help me avoid being ambushed or sniped, it just shows damage). I merely have 'my stats' cause i'm a decent player, and me being a beta tester has nothing to do with this either as the only advantage i glean from that is that i have slightly more experience in the game. So, people can have good stats without relying on 'mods'. So don't go around thinking that every play that pulls out a clutch game, or holds an entire flank by himself is a 'hacker' or using too many 'mods'....sometimes...they're just good.

EDIT: I take that back, those are the only 'combat mods' i use...i also use a mod that changes how my garage looks, a mod that changes how my tanks are displayed in the garage, and how my tech tree looks as well as extended battle statistics and stuff after battle. I didn't include those because they don't affect in-game gameplay, but i thought to include them now to clear my conscience.

Edited by SgtShidner59, Jun 24 2013 - 03:35.

Malalad #11 Posted Oct 29 2013 - 10:22

Private

• Players
  • 15885 battles
both points are valid,
yet if I sucker someone with a 2x4, doesn't make me a champ.

I think if you have these mods, a handicap indicator should show,
I go bare bones and rule for 1 run,
then point blank hit repeatedly and get taken out by a mini on an elite light.
makes game supporters look like chumps

Snuffy1812 #12 Posted Dec 23 2013 - 15:12

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 10111 battles
  • [USMC4] USMC4
The way I see Mod's If you want to win, (using tools like mod's is a personal choice) then play better. Use head, don't pop around corners by yourself, use cover and concealment when moving, concentrate fire, and recognize weak points in the enemy armor. Tracking an opponent so your team mates can open him up like a can of sardines is smart playing. And using tools like Extended Visualization Mod (XVM) is not a cheat, it is a tool for information for the user, much like intell work that the military uses, it gives you a HUD (heads up display) on their armor, tier, and Hp left. If you grind out your cammo skills on your crew to 100%, you too can "vanish" in an open field, and learning how to angle your armor, and move at the last second can increase your own "bounciness". You learn these things thru time, trial and error. And take your time, learn your armor, get good in the tanks you run at first, then move the crew up to the next tank, grind those perks up. if you are less than a 50% player on the lower tanks 'cause you're in a hurry to get to the big ones you are going to have a harder time when you get there, believe me, I KNOW this from personal experience. But don't go crying hack or cheat, this is the way the game is designed. research the crew perks, learn how to use them, and grind them out. And find the tanks that fit your style of play.

Kuchkro01 #13 Posted Feb 01 2016 - 13:32

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

it doesn't help me avoid being ambushed or sniped, it just shows damage). I merely have 'my stats' cause i'm a decent player, and me being a beta tester has nothing to do with this either as the only advantage i glean from that is that i have slightly more experience in the game.???/

Ali

Lumusislight #14 Posted May 13 2019 - 09:24

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

Block Quote

Originally posted by Snuffy1812

Re: Tutorial: Remove Fps Drop When Zoomed In!
https://essays.agency/write-my-essay.html

The way I see Mod's If you want to win, (using tools like mod's is a personal choice) then play better. Use head, don't pop around corners by yourself, use cover and concealment when moving, concentrate fire, and recognize weak points in the enemy armor. Tracking an opponent so your team mates can open him up like a can of sardines is smart playing. And using tools like Extended Visualization Mod (XVM) is not a cheat, it is a tool for information for the user, much like intell work that the military uses, it gives you a HUD (heads up display) on their armor, tier, and Hp left. If you grind out your cammo skills on your crew to 100%, you too can "vanish" in an open field, and learning how to angle your armor, and move at the last second can increase your own "bounciness". You learn these things thru time, trial and error. And take your time, learn your armor, get good in the tanks you run at first, then move the crew up to the next tank, grind those perks up. if you are less than a 50% player on the lower tanks 'cause you're in a hurry to get to the big ones you are going to have a harder time when you get there, believe me, I KNOW this from personal experience. But don't go crying hack or cheat, this is the way the game is designed. research the crew perks, learn how to use them, and grind them out. And find the tanks that fit your style of play.

Agree. Extended Visualization Mod is not a cheat at all. I've just installed XVM for World of Tanks 1.5.0.0. Had issues with unpacking though (my anti virus blocked the process, so I had to disable it for a while).

Edited by Lumusislight, May 13 2019 - 09:32.

donaldspangler2019 #15 Posted May 23 2019 - 07:51

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

This is a common issue with some/most scopes. The severity of it depends on the scope. It's something to do with the engine rendering the same area twice.

essaytyper

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users