Pzk III Aust A

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
36 replies to this topic

RPHX_Skeeter #1 Posted Sep 21 2010 - 10:39

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
I need serious help with how to play with this thing.  I was in a pzk2 before and killed 2 enemies and did damage to at least one or two every few battles.  In this new tank which i sold all my other tanks and traded gold cos it cost 79k i thought id be investing in a tank with alot more survivability and more damage.  Seems the game just went and scaled the opposition with better tanks as i dont see early tanks anymore in matches GRR!!!.

I cant get upgrades as too many points and i done about 10 battles or so and im getting sick of grinding for the damn exp points.  Well i got the turret base upgrade but ffs its saying i need suspension cos too heavy to fit the upgrade so need suspension now grr again.

I tried the cannon and the rapid fire one both dont do any damage to tanks even auto aim doesnt help.  

Oh and dont get me started on the damn artillary in this new matchmaking level im in atm, they can pop me at start of match.  How the hell they do that without actually moving away from the start i will never know and their precission i.e where the hell ur hiding when their isnt anything around u apart from some fast tanks maybe but they just arnt the things killing me and even if they told ppl where i was with ctrl and click on map thats not that accurate for art is it?

Help please...

BigBadVuk #2 Posted Sep 21 2010 - 10:43

Major

• Special Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Best way  to use this tank is to get him upgraded,pick HE shells for 50mm gun and to play fast penetration strikes towards suspicious or known SPG positions killing arty or (if they are not there or you cant safely reach them) staying back near your arty and defending it against oncoming leopards and other scouts.

Any other role might be too difficult for this little ( but still good) tank.

Brynklad #3 Posted Sep 21 2010 - 10:48

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Tracks and Engine are always the first upgrades I buy helps ease the pain, the P3 Aust A is fast then , keep moving and not in straight lines once enemy have spotted you ( or you think your in danger of being spotted) this will ease your problem with artillery. Once any enemy has you in visual range the enemy artillery can probably zero in on you even if your in a bush/behind cover as they get to see what thier team can see if they are in radio range of them.

Also you will be matched vs tier 2-6 mostly as a Tier 4 you will face the bigger boys sometimes. Depending who is playing what and numbers of players online this can mean it seems like your always facing bigger guys..

Go for a scouting ( support scout) role or an anti scout role mostly as an Aust A. Once upgraded your almost as fast as a Luchs or Leopard but a little harder to kill.

RPHX_Skeeter #4 Posted Sep 21 2010 - 11:02

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
I really hate scouting its boring i wana blow tanks up. :P

Should i just flog the panzer 3 and go back to the panzer 2, least i could kill and damage with the thing against some tanks.  Shame if i do cos converted all my gold and sold all my tanks to get this thing, such a poor investment.  I really wish the game gave descriptions and roles for each vehicle as i know nowt about tanks and what each is decent at etc.  I just thought panzer 3 beats a panzer 2 in spec so thought id get more kills and stuff.  How wrong i was. :(

Tr3iz #5 Posted Sep 21 2010 - 11:12

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
[quote name='RPHX_Skeeter' date='21 September 2010 - 11:02 AM' timestamp='1285063331' post='136560']

Should i just flog the panzer 3 and go back to the panzer 2, least i could kill and damage with the thing against some tanks.  Shame if i do cos converted all my gold and sold all my tanks to get this thing, such a poor investment.  I really wish the game gave descriptions and roles for each vehicle as i know nowt about tanks and what each is decent at etc.  I just thought panzer 3 beats a panzer 2 in spec so thought id get more kills and stuff.  How wrong i was. :(
[/q

read the description of the tanks carefully.and look at what upgrades they are going to get.plan ahead

Tanitha #6 Posted Sep 21 2010 - 11:19

Major

• WG Staff
  • 0 battles

View PostRPHX_Skeeter, on Sep 21 2010 - 11:02, said:

When you get a low game, Level 1->4, you are able to play as you like really.

If you are in a average game, Level 2 -> 6, or a hard game level 4 -> 10 then you will have a hard time "blowing up" bigger tanks and are pretty limited to killing enemy scouts, or enemy artillery.
As for scouting, that's usually sneaking past the enemy line and blowing up their artillery.

Scouting will probably be less boring for you if you had more than one tank, so when you die, you can move onto the next tank.

RPHX_Skeeter #7 Posted Sep 21 2010 - 11:20

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
I only see stats and i cba to compare them.  I couldnt see any descriptions detailing history of the tank, its role in a battle, good vs and bad vs recommendations etc.  Which is needed imo for the ppl who dont know bout tanks at all.

To63to #8 Posted Sep 21 2010 - 11:31

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Things are going to get a bit better when you get the PZ III. Until then you really are stuck with scouting as the PZ III ausf. A has worse armor than PZ II.

When scouting I would advise you not to rush ahead but to wait a minute or two until ally arty is ready and most of the enemy heavies and mediums have engaged in battle with your forces. Then sneak behind them and try to destroy enemy SPG's. That way not only will you help allies immensely but get a nice exp. and credit reward. Hope this helps a bit.  :Smile_honoring:

Konvict187 #9 Posted Oct 06 2010 - 01:29

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostRPHX_Skeeter, on Sep 21 2010 - 11:20, said:

I only see stats and i cba to compare them.  I couldnt see any descriptions detailing history of the tank, its role in a battle, good vs and bad vs recommendations etc.  Which is needed imo for the ppl who dont know bout tanks at all.

This is excatly what I need... The game is great but I no very little about tanks and the roles they play! Dev's this is really needed!

Shiznyte #10 Posted Oct 06 2010 - 03:17

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Everything in the tank branch up to tier 4 should be used as a scout if your in with the bigger mediums/heavies.  Get your tracks/engine upgraded first to give ya a little bit more pep.  Then your radio/turret/cannon.  

You don't have to take off at the start of the match either unless you just want to scout what you can for xp and get dead.  Like one guy posted above I like to wait a minute or two.  Let thier scouts come and you can help fend em off your arty.  This gives you a chance to maybe do damage and with any luck get a kill or two.  Also gives some time for the opposite side to spread out thinner rather than facing ten cannons in a concentrated area on your run.  

Then take off on your mission.  Once you get momentum up DON'T stop for nothing.  This is major for scouts.  It will be VERY tempting to stop and plink at an arty peice or ram it.  But just try to circle him pot shotting at him.  Most things will one shot your ass so being sqirrely and in constant motion helps.  Try to keep a 45-90 deg angle on your opponents with cannons too...this means don't run straight at thier cannon.  Cross thier   T.  If they are pointed South, you need to be traveling NE or NW not North straight into thier sights.

Example:

Them pointed South
You crossing them at 90 deg going East/West

Works wonders on the camping map. Keeping the enemy line lit up.  The ends of your loop are when your the most vulnerable.  As turning slows ya down some and can naturally line up a shot for them as you get down below 45 deg.

Also I'd try and keep more than one tank at a time...for grinding credits.  Die in your PzIIIa, exit battle and jump into your PzII.  Just don't sell em all, keep the ones you like.  Your next tank the PzIII can rival the Leopard easily for scouting.  PzIII is more nimble and holds corner speed a bit better.  The Leopard accels a little faster and has a few more top end Km/h.  It's a bit tougher than the PzIII too.  Both are solid scouts though.

Once you get to the PzIV you'll be able to slow it down and camp a little when you get the long 75mm.  Then you get to re-learn how to tank.  Cover is life.  Buildings/rocks/hills...whatever blocks the arty shells.  Hope this helps.

Peace,
Shiznyte

Steeltrap #11 Posted Oct 08 2010 - 05:32

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
I started the game just before the soft wipe. I have gone through to tier 6 in all Russian tanks and TD, and tier 5 in Germans (I'm only pointing this out as it's relevant to my next comment....I'm well aware there are many people with much more experience).

Within the context of my experiences, PzIII Ausf A was THE worst tank I played. It does nothing well (except die). Other things at same tier/below are faster, or better armed (the 50/L42 is inaccurate and does poor damage/penetration), or better armoured (the PzII has better armour!!), or have more health. It is junk.

You just have to suffer through it until the PzIII, which is HUGELY better and much more fun.

The only thing close to as bad was the Hetzer.

When I see a IIIA or a Hetzer, I feel sympathy for the driver, then look at them as potentially easy kills.

RPHX_Skeeter #12 Posted Oct 11 2010 - 18:08

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
I have got the panzer III now.  Survives better but shooting still sucks cos of the 135 ping which i think sorry know which is the problem.  Soon as they cater for uk players the better imo.  I cant really be effective in any mp game like this unless the ping is 50 or below.

eug_dirtbag #13 Posted Oct 12 2010 - 22:34

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
I run about 120 to 135 ping, and have no issues for the most part, except for the warping thing.  That is a big nuisance because I am working on TD's, wait for an enemy to crest a feature only to find them way in front of it.

Big thing is to see how much arty is in play, if it is only a few guns hope they know what they are doing and spot your way forward.  It works wonders, and they like the kills.  If there is a ton you are pretty much pooched, the moment something see's you you get shelled all you can do is move as fast as possible and hope the big guys can't shoot.

Big thing to remember it is a beta with one game style, proper tank tactics work but without a functioning squad it is tough.

Vaktathi #14 Posted Oct 13 2010 - 07:14

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
I've run into the same problem. Went from a PzII fighting T-26's and panzerjaeger I's, to fighting KV-2's and Panzer IV's that I have no ability to harm once I upgraded to the Panzer IIIA.

It has been very frustrating :P

ISDVirulence #15 Posted Oct 15 2010 - 13:10

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
I really think the Tier 4 and 5 battle tank are thrown into games, far more often than not, where they are relegated to being scouts even if the tank isn't optimal at doing such...which is a shame.

I really don't understand why Tier 4 tanks see Tier 7 alot more often than Tier 2 in battles...I think their matchmaking system is a little off.

ikiralight #16 Posted Oct 16 2010 - 02:29

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
My leopard has not seen more IS-4s and 7s than tier 2/3 tanks today. It IS pretty ridiculous and awful, even if the Leo is a scout. I've gotten so tired of it personally that I just go for scout achievements. (IE suicide runs) It's just so... dull that I stopped caring about whether the match is won or not, there's no fun to be had in not being able to damage more than 2-3 tanks on the entire opposing team.

The Pz III Ausf A is just a crippled luchs from what I felt, I had both upgraded with an okay crew (60-65%) and it really fails in comparison. Your turret turns slightly faster I believe but that's about it... you lose mobility. I stuck with my Luchs and I'm glad I did, now with a 90% crew and great for scouting and dogfighting other tanks like III Ausf A's.

Personally I'd say don't bother upgrading much at lower tiers. Maybe a BT-2 if you like to stomp new players since they get paired with tier 1 constantly. Other than that there's only a handful of decent ones like the Luchs and Pz III but I wouldn't investment a lot of money in them...

conductiv #17 Posted Oct 17 2010 - 03:08

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostISDVirulence, on Oct 15 2010 - 13:10, said:

I really think the Tier 4 and 5 battle tank are thrown into games, far more often than not, where they are relegated to being scouts even if the tank isn't optimal at doing such...which is a shame.

I really don't understand why Tier 4 tanks see Tier 7 alot more often than Tier 2 in battles...I think their matchmaking system is a little off.

T3+and several T4's  have this isseu, T5 can stand its own in the current balance system.

any T3 (save arty) gets its behind handed to him if it gets matched to a T5 or higher. some T4's can actually be a big pain for a enemy moderate lvl team (4-7) if played properly (T-28, leopard, A-20, pzIII and all arty).

T5 has some of the best cash grinders in the game (T-34, hummel, SU-8) and T5 weaponery (zis4, 75mm/L70, 107mm, 152mm mortar, 105mm mortar) is capable of hammering tanks up to T8 even though most T5 tanks are still at risk of being 1-shot

EasyEight #18 Posted Oct 17 2010 - 17:57

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
I'm surprised at how good this tank is in its class -- it's so good I think it is not accurately depicted. It is faster than the Panzer II variants, more heavily armored than most in its class and has a hard-hitting gun. I don't think the PzIII should be faster than  PzII. But I'll rack up kills with it while I can!

Deegee #19 Posted Oct 20 2010 - 14:23

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostSteeltrap, on Oct 08 2010 - 05:32, said:

Within the context of my experiences, PzIII Ausf A was THE worst tank I played. It does nothing well (except die). Other things at same tier/below are faster, or better armed (the 50/L42 is inaccurate and does poor damage/penetration), or better armoured (the PzII has better armour!!), or have more health. It is junk.

You just have to suffer through it until the PzIII, which is HUGELY better and much more fun.

The only thing close to as bad was the Hetzer.

When I see a IIIA or a Hetzer, I feel sympathy for the driver, then look at them as potentially easy kills.
"Steeltrap", you are me AICMFP. :D

KamikazeX #20 Posted Oct 21 2010 - 10:32

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
it really is how you play it.

i got 800+ XP the other day in a match with my PZ111 Ausf A. 6 kills, and 5+ damages.

its a very fast, great skirmish tank, and if you get dumped into a tier 2+3 match, you decimate anything below you- ramming and pinning in place ms1s and at1s is great.