*PLEASE READ BEFORE REPLYING*
- Skills – These are in effect immediately upon the start of training. They improve in effectiveness as you increase the % of training in the skill. I.e., they work from the lowest % of xp in that Skill [Note: in a sense, all skills work, period, within the game, even if no crewman is trained in it; selecting a Skill to be trained in, simply improves that in-game ability; &/or, each Skill impacts an already present, in-game attribute].
- Perks – These are activated once you have reached 100% training in the specific Perk. I.e., it will not work at all until 100% maxed. Unlike Skills, some Perks bring features to the game that do not exist otherwise.
- There are 25 Total Skills & Perks
- There are 15 Skills
- There are 10 Perks
- 3 Skills all crew members can have: Repair, Firefighting, Camouflage
- 3 Skills are only for the Commander: Mentor, Recon, Jack of All Trades
- 2 Skills are only for Gunners: Armorer, Snap Shot
- 4 Skills are only for Drivers: Clutch Braking, Smooth Ride, Off-Road Driving, Controlled Impact
- 3 Skills are only for Radio Operators: Signal Boosting, Situtational Awareness, Relaying
- 0 Skills are only for Loaders: N/A [Note: Loaders have no specific Skills; albeit, they can use the 3 "All" Skills]
- 1 Perk all crew members can have: Brothers in Arms
- 2 Perks are only for the Commander: Sixth Sense, Eagle Eye
- 2 Perks are only for Gunners: Deadeye, Designated Target
- 1 Perk is only for Drivers: Preventative Maintenance
- 1 Perk is only for Radio Operators: Call for Vengeance
- 3 Perks are only for Loaders: Safe Stowage, Adrenaline Rush, Intuition
- 9 Commander
- 8 Gunner
- 9 Driver
- 8 Radio Operator
- 7 Loader
- Limitless Skills & Perks are available to each crew member, within their alloted set
- It would take 53,776,322.52 xp to get the 9th Skill/Perk.
Crew Experience: The Grind In Mind:
Some Handy Tools To Calculate XP
- HvyMtlChaos has provided an astute analysis of just what you'll need to grind to get all possible Skills & Perks for your crew. His work can found: Here
- HvyMtlChaos has also given us an incredible break-down and analysis of how crews earn experience in battle. You can find his keen analysis Here.
- PTwr has shared This XP Calculator to help figure out xp needed to get to the skill desired level.
Here are listed crews with the greatest experience levels and/or, level of Skills & Perks that I am yet aware of:
[Note: please submit your own if into, at least, the 5th level of Skills/Perks; provide a screenshot of your crew per the example below]
- Sequence: You can choose to train a crewman in a Skill or Perk. There is no sequence, albeit, there is advice (see below).
- Multiple Skills/Perks & Resetting: A crewman cannot train in another Skill or Perk until the current is maxed at 100% &/or the "Drop Skills & Perks" option is exercised, from the crewman's "Personnel File" property sheet.
- Dropping/Resetting Skills & Perks: Dropping &/or resetting Skill & Perks can be done for free (maintaining 80% of earned xp), for credits (maintaining 90% of earned xp) or for gold (maintaining 100% of earned xp).
- Not all Skills & Perks are available to all crews in all tanks. E.g., some tanks house only 2 crewmen. In these, one crewman fills the roles of multiple others, such as the Commander filling the roles of Gunner, Loader, etc. In this situation, the specific skills for the Gunner, Loader, etc., will be unavailable to the Commander, who will only have access to Commander-specific Skills & Perks (and, of course, any "All" Skills & Perks).
Repair: Increased repair speed: % depends on level trained & number of crew trained in skill; note: time to repair has apparently been increased
Firefighting: Increased firefighting speed: % depends on level trained & number of crew trained in skill
Camouflage: Increased "hide" ability: % depends on level trained & number of crew trained in skill
Mentor: +10% xp to crew
Recon: +2% view range (if optics good)/+20% view range (if optics damaged)
Jack of All Trades: Commander replaces dead/wounded crewmen: 1st crewman 50%, 2nd crewman 25%, etc.
Armorer: -20% damaged-gun dispersion
Snap Shot: -7.5% gun dispersion due to turret rotation
Clutch Braking: +5% traverse speed/vehicle rotation
Smooth Ride: -4% gun dispersion due to vehicle movement
Off-Road Driving: +10%/+2.5% mobility soft/normal ground
Controlled Impact: +15%/-15% damage dealt/taken when ramming
Radio Operator Skills:
Signal Boosting: +20% radio signal range
Situational Awareness: +3% view range
Relaying: +10% radio range for all allies within your signal
[Note: Perks were introduced in version 7.2]
Brothers in Arms: +5% to skill levels
Sixth Sense: Warning on being spotted: 3 seconds
Example: Note the big, red light bulb in the center of the screen. It only stays lit a couple seconds. A good time to run away, and reset.
Eagle Eye: can spot critical damage on enemy: 4 seconds
Example: Note the small icons beneath the enemy tank denoting damaged modules.
Deadeye: +3% chance to critical damage
Designated Target: 2 second increase to spotting enemies
Preventative Maintenance: -25% chance of engine fire
Call for Vengeance: spot on enemy lasts 2 more seconds
Safe Stowage: +12.5% to ammo rack durability
Adrenaline Rush: +10% increase to reload speed
Intuition: 17% chance of no wait btwn different ammo loads
World of Tanks: Full Guide: Crew Skills and Perks Use for Various Vehicle Types
Wiki: World of Tanks: Crew: Skills and Perks
Overlord's comments on 7.2 Skills & Perks.
Q&A On Skills & Perks:
Developer answers to questions regarding Skills & Perks.
Results from a handful of polls and player feedback on each Skill & Perk.
Charts: [Note: Experimental]
Edited by fatkiddown, May 18 2012 - 17:18.