Jump to content


Client Crashing


This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

azren #1 Posted Apr 02 2012 - 01:56

    First lieutenant

  • Beta Testers
  • 16030 battles
  • 544
  • Member since:
    07-28-2010
Prior to 7.2 I had few, if any, issues with the WoT client crashing in any way shape or form. The odd and highly irregular "crash on map start" that everyone knew about was the extent of my issues. Rarely caused a problem.

Since the update my client has crashed multiple times, sometimes in the same match, in just a couple of days. Never on map start, but in the middle of the match where I previously had NO issues. Is this possibly relevant to the update? My software/hardware has not changed...

Icecold7181 #2 Posted Apr 02 2012 - 02:23

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 15757 battles
  • 543
  • [AGNT] AGNT
  • Member since:
    06-12-2011
i would say that it would have to do something with your graphics card. But if you say that it worked before and you had all your hardwhere/softwhere before....i dont know what to say....your computer has enough room for the game right?

Smallbore #3 Posted Apr 02 2012 - 14:21

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 15745 battles
  • 194
  • [AR_15] AR_15
  • Member since:
    12-19-2011
Since this patch I get bounced off the server every couple of games, normally when the battle is loading but sometimes in the middle of a match. Usually the countdown timer at the beginning just keeps clicking after it hits zero and I can't move or I'll be moving during the game and then just stop...although I can still hear the motor running. I'll have to ctl-alt-del to get to the game to unlock and then reload the game, hopefully before I die.

Prior to this new patch I might get frozen or the game would just flat out close maybe once every few days, now it's a few times an evening.

copenlc #4 Posted Apr 02 2012 - 14:29

    Private

  • Players
  • 10602 battles
  • 4
  • [FEL0N] FEL0N
  • Member since:
    05-23-2011

View Postazren, on Apr 02 2012 - 01:56, said:

Prior to 7.2 I had few, if any, issues with the WoT client crashing in any way shape or form. The odd and highly irregular "crash on map start" that everyone knew about was the extent of my issues. Rarely caused a problem.

Since the update my client has crashed multiple times, sometimes in the same match, in just a couple of days. Never on map start, but in the middle of the match where I previously had NO issues. Is this possibly relevant to the update? My software/hardware has not changed...

I've been having the same issue.  I would rarely crash loading into game, now I will crash in the middle, and when I try to load back into a already started game it crashes every single time.

I updated my Graphics drivers and it seems to have helped but time will tell, I suggest you try similar and see if it makes a difference.

Krazy8s #5 Posted Apr 03 2012 - 01:42

    Private

  • Players
  • 2179 battles
  • 1
  • Member since:
    02-28-2012
I am also having this problem. Client will crash in "garage" as in a full shut down as if i had told it close the game with no error report. It will also crash during the game and lock my screen, requiring me to go to task mgr. to force a shutdown. I had Zero problems before the patch. I have also done a full uninstall of the game and a reinstall from a new download of the full client(updated version from W.O.T. website). Game still crashes every 20-30 minutes. Computer restarts do not help nor does disabling anti-virus and other software help. All the drivers for my system are up to date along with Windows 7 updates. If i do ever get a crash report i will update this thread.

CPU: AMD FX 8150
GPU: EVGA GTX 570HD (2.5gb)
MB: Asus Crosshair V Formula
Ram: 16gb 1600 DDR3
HD: Seagate 1tb 7200rpm
OS: Win7 64bit

Knotso #6 Posted Apr 04 2012 - 04:45

    Private

  • Players
  • 29356 battles
  • 7
  • [CARTL] CARTL
  • Member since:
    03-11-2011

View PostKrazy8s, on Apr 03 2012 - 01:42, said:

I am also having this problem. Client will crash in "garage" as in a full shut down as if i had told it close the game with no error report. It will also crash during the game and lock my screen, requiring me to go to task mgr. to force a shutdown. I had Zero problems before the patch. I have also done a full uninstall of the game and a reinstall from a new download of the full client(updated version from W.O.T. website). Game still crashes every 20-30 minutes. Computer restarts do not help nor does disabling anti-virus and other software help. All the drivers for my system are up to date along with Windows 7 updates. If i do ever get a crash report i will update this thread.

CPU: AMD FX 8150
GPU: EVGA GTX 570HD (2.5gb)
MB: Asus Crosshair V Formula
Ram: 16gb 1600 DDR3
HD: Seagate 1tb 7200rpm
OS: Win7 64bit


I'm having the same issues.  No issues at all prior to patch, but crash once or twice a night now.  Updated drivers, same problem.  Restored to the earliest I could and no change.  It's quite frustrating with a brand new top of the line machine.  I run the GeForce 580 card, liquid cooled, plenty of memory and disk space etc.  Has anyone seen any acual "fixes" to this issue?

Darrigaaz #7 Posted Apr 05 2012 - 07:57

    Captain

  • Players
  • 15147 battles
  • 1,866
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    08-19-2011
Having same issue.  Game will randomly "pause" in the middle of a battle, and I have to close the program manually and restart.  I never had any issues before 7.2 patch, and have tried a full clean install.  Not running any mods.

Viperho #8 Posted Apr 08 2012 - 03:35

    Private

  • Players
  • 1198 battles
  • 1
  • Member since:
    11-16-2011
I am having a similar issue with the latest 7.2 setup. granted I am running a supposed "unsupported" setup, but I was rock solid before the 7.2 update.

the issue i am seeing only occurs when the battle is over or I manually "go back to garage". at that point my system screens go black and their is a full system lockup. I am running Nvidia surround with 3 SLI GTX480 hydrocoppers. Even if I disable SLI and surround and play on one screen the issue persists. I have had absolutely zero issues before the 7.2 patch, so apparently whatever changes they did to the graphics engine is causing issues. I am wondering if the mere presence of dual GPUs could be a contributing factor.

Also, through testing I have encountered a work around. It appears this issue only happens in full screen mode, before I confirm end of battle or go back to the garage, I hit ALT+ENTER to switch to window mode, interestingly I do not encounter the crash when going back to garage this way. My opinion this proves that there is a rendering issue with the 7.2 game client.

lostwingman #9 Posted Apr 08 2012 - 23:21

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 20334 battles
  • 20,279
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    01-11-2011
I and clan mates are having a similar issue where the game will freeze during a match, sometimes it freezes just the game sometimes it freezes everything but my mouse, sometimes it freezes everything including my mouse. What will then happen is that a minute or two will pass and my computer will unfreeze but my game will remain stuck at 999ping for almost a minute after that and then come up with the disconnect screen. This has been happening often and last night happen no less than 6 times in a 4 hour period. I am becoming afraid of playing my high tier tanks now because of this.

Nostradanus #10 Posted Apr 09 2012 - 05:18

    Private

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 4
  • Member since:
    04-09-2012
Having the same problem as you lostwingman... and as I stated in another thread, restarting the router only fixes the problem for about 30 seconds, then it comes back at full force.

Darrigaaz #11 Posted Apr 09 2012 - 06:17

    Captain

  • Players
  • 15147 battles
  • 1,866
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    08-19-2011
Still having the problem, and it seems to only happen when I go into "sniper mode".  I have to shut the game down with task manager and restart the game.  Usually I'm loading back into a dead tank since I locked up while zooming in to kill something.

Does anybody even read these bug reports?  I've seen absolutely no acknowledgement from WoT that an issue even exists.


Unfortunately, the problem is bad enough that I am finding myself not wanting to play anymore due to the frustration of locking up so often.

killertrax #12 Posted Apr 12 2012 - 07:11

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 2019 battles
  • 191
  • Member since:
    02-22-2012
I'm guessing WOT developers are hoping one of us finds a solution???

CallumLamond #13 Posted Apr 13 2012 - 02:05

    Private

  • Beta Testers
  • 22688 battles
  • 4
  • Member since:
    01-04-2011
Try this

http://forum.worldof...client-crashes/

CallumLamond #14 Posted Apr 13 2012 - 02:13

    Private

  • Beta Testers
  • 22688 battles
  • 4
  • Member since:
    01-04-2011

View PostDarrigaaz, on Apr 09 2012 - 06:17, said:

Still having the problem, and it seems to only happen when I go into "sniper mode".  I have to shut the game down with task manager and restart the game.  Usually I'm loading back into a dead tank since I locked up while zooming in to kill something.

Does anybody even read these bug reports?  I've seen absolutely no acknowledgement from WoT that an issue even exists.


Unfortunately, the problem is bad enough that I am finding myself not wanting to play anymore due to the frustration of locking up so often.
"IF" it is an issue related to post above (BUS issue) then the problem is not WoTs.

Darrigaaz #15 Posted Apr 13 2012 - 03:25

    Captain

  • Players
  • 15147 battles
  • 1,866
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    08-19-2011

View PostCallumLamond, on Apr 13 2012 - 02:05, said:


This is not the cause of the problem.  I tried this, and rechecked it.  The problem started with 7.2 and happens multiple times a day.

xOmegaTitaNx #16 Posted Apr 17 2012 - 00:45

    Private

  • Players
  • 7344 battles
  • 6
  • [4HIM] 4HIM
  • Member since:
    03-20-2011
I am having the same problem. WOT DEVELOPERS NEED TO REVIEW THIS ISSUE RIGHT NOW!! I am having crashing everyday at least 4x a day or more. I have an ATI Radeon 4650 graphics card, Intel Core 2 Duo CPU P7450 @ 2.13GHz each, 6GB of installed RAM. I have my graphics card driver installed with the latest software and still having WOT crash while i am in the middle of a game.

razor01 #17 Posted Jun 23 2012 - 21:55

    Private

  • Players
  • 5823 battles
  • 1
  • [EGO] EGO
  • Member since:
    02-05-2012
I can't even launch the game, it says update your cliient. I have uninstalled and re-installed both the game and the drivers. Still the same problem. The game worked fine prior to update other than the odd crash but quickly got back into the game