Maus armor

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
147 replies to this topic

Hornet331 #141 Posted Dec 09 2010 - 04:05

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostRaketensegler, on Dec 08 2010 - 00:21, said:

The gun mantlet width on IS7 is a joke, talk about bias...

they are a "joke" on all russian tanks compared to the germans... at least the US tanks have a think enough mantel to bounce stuff... but I am waiting for a nerf to US gun mantels because of all teh autoaimers...

bigeye123 #142 Posted Dec 10 2010 - 07:02

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 2004 battles
Got 50 or so battles with the maus and lemme tell u ITS A PEICE OF **** cant do **** to any IS7s the I cant pen the IS7s lower frontal slope and im not even willing to shoot at its turret AKA scared ill waste my shot and possibly my life overall maus has almost no advantage ecept the fear factor which is fading away some time ago in 10 battles i would see 2 or 3 where people say OMG MAUS WERE SCREWED but now just no more u people are talking about the Maus in the start of RUS beta u guys say its a rolling fotress of death and it was invincible :Smile_great:  i was not in the RU beta so...can u guys tell me the armor values and whatnot of the maus back then thx :Smile_honoring:

azren #143 Posted Dec 10 2010 - 13:34

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 19363 battles
  • [Y0L0] Y0L0
I see three solutions for the maus.

1. Replace the old armor values that supposedly worked, then tweak from there.

2. Give it a LOT of HP. I'm not sure what the amount should be, but if it's going to get damaged, and no one is going to change that, make it so that the damage level can be sustained. The same goes for modules. No use being able to sustain continuous fire if your gun doesn't work half the time.

3. Plant the 150mm on it, and make it worth it. As someone else said, you're a house sized target. Why not make that the trade-off for having a really nice gun?

Hyena #144 Posted Dec 10 2010 - 14:16

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View Postazren, on Dec 10 2010 - 13:34, said:

I see three solutions for the maus.

1. Replace the old armor values that supposedly worked, then tweak from there.

2. Give it a LOT of HP. I'm not sure what the amount should be, but if it's going to get damaged, and no one is going to change that, make it so that the damage level can be sustained. The same goes for modules. No use being able to sustain continuous fire if your gun doesn't work half the time.

3. Plant the 150mm on it, and make it worth it. As someone else said, you're a house sized target. Why not make that the trade-off for having a really nice gun?

You forgot the current option the devs seem to be going for;

4. Ignore the player-base. Do nothing to actually improve the Maus at all. Ignore all stats that prove the IS-7 is by far the most popular and dominant tank.  Give it a pointless 440hp 'buff' in the hopes that people will stop complaining.

:P

painless #145 Posted Dec 10 2010 - 17:10

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostWhiteHyena, on Dec 10 2010 - 14:16, said:

4. Ignore the player-base. Do nothing to actually improve the Maus at all. Ignore all stats that prove the IS-7 is by far the most popular and dominant tank.  Give it a pointless 440hp 'buff' in the hopes that people will stop complaining.

That seems to be the way devs think so far.. and they can give aditional explanation smthg like "maus requires much more skill to play with than other tier 10 " :blink:

I would say maus requires much more patience and nerves, not skill. Today i fired 10 shots in battle all hit targets, only damage i did was to track targets, even vk 3601?!! while my front was penetrated with every single shot. That's something you have to get used to if you want to play with maus.

Despite all that i just love it,  and will go for one after game release even after i lost all hope that it will ever  get fixed.

Condemned #146 Posted Dec 10 2010 - 18:19

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Maus is not a bad tank actually, so long as you angle yourself most shells wont penetrate (unless Maus mortal enemy ISU152 ofc) but considering the hardship of penetrating the IS7 from the front... well IS7 doesnt need to do any angling to play succesfully it makes Maus quite useless as it doesnt fill any role really for a t10 tank, its easily spotted, so big that anything will and can hit it and unless you manage to perfectly angle yourself towards the enemy will penetrate, from sides actually more then back.

Maus armor is paper thin and only auto aimers should have any real problem dealing with a maus since 90% of all Maus players doesnt angle themself but instead show front first which is ofc an epic fail to do, still even in the hands of an experienced player who know how to handle this beast its inferior to its more powerful counterparts.

Hornet331 #147 Posted Dec 10 2010 - 19:45

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Angleing is only possible if your not tracked.... since most of the arty track and he shots kill tracks on maus quite easly that tip is worthless.  :P

MARMIST #148 Posted Dec 10 2010 - 20:29

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostWhiteHyena, on Dec 10 2010 - 14:16, said:

:mellow:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users