Recticle Out of Sync

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

Poll: Recticle Out of Sync (14 members have cast votes)

How often does this happen to you?

1. Happens all the time! (3 votes [21.43%])

Percentage of vote: 21.43%

2. Sometimes, randomly it happens! (6 votes [42.86%])

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

3. Doesn't happen ever. (1 vote [7.14%])

Percentage of vote: 7.14%

4. Lrn 2 shoot newb! (4 votes [28.57%])

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

Vote Hide poll

Hellseer #1 Posted Apr 04 2012 - 02:05

Sergeant

• Players
  • 2913 battles
Hey guys, I'vet been recently been having a lot of problems with the new T49 and all of the crosshairs/recticles not lining up. This has happened on random occasions in my Lorraine, and SU 100/152 but not nearly quite as often as this. In my SU TDs it would only happen usually on hills at certain angles. And Lorraine it would happen a few times but vary rarely.

However, in my T 49 it has happened a lot. Sometimes on flat ground, but mostly on hills. My regular turret cross hair(green one) would be below the server recticle (blue), and the server recticle would be below my black "center screen" crosshair... Then when I shoot all rounds would usually 99% go way off target and above usually. Any adjustments to aiming would then shoot somewhere else.

Has anyone ever had this problem, and have been experiencing this problem of late? It's very frustrating because my accuracy goes even below 10% usually. And I can't seem to fix it except to drive somewhere else for a good 30 seconds. Switching rounds does not help, and I'm not experiencing any lag. Ping normally is 20 and when it happens I'm not receving any spikes at all.

Any figure out any in game solutions to fix it? I've tried switcing shells, driving backwards/forward or in a circle. But still, sometimes it doesn't go back to normal for a good minute or so.

Also, any times on where I should be aiming when it does happen? I've tried all three recticles but usually it either goes too high. Or when I adjust for aiming too high it will then shoot into the ground.

Ezz #2 Posted Apr 04 2012 - 02:08

Major

• Players
  • 13837 battles
What's your ping? (sorry, just saw you mentioned... well if ping was your issue...)

Typically the server and client reticle don't line up when your ping increases. In Oz we typically get around 250ms ping, which translates to the server reticle being around 250ms behind our input.

Also, if your ping varies a bit, you'll get unusual fluctuation of the two. Ie if your ping jumps between 50ms and 300ms, sometimes it will be spot on, other times it will lag behind.

smiley119 #3 Posted Apr 04 2012 - 02:11

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 22410 battles
Caps Lock + 0 gives you the cross hair the server see's it should help ;)

Edit: -1 O_o

Stagger #4 Posted Apr 04 2012 - 02:17

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13275 battles
I noticed that very few of my shots in the IS-3 and KV went way, WAY above where I aimed, like 10-50m off target. I had to look up just to see one. It's only happened a couple times, 4 that I can recall, but was fairly irritating. I imagine this is due to the automatic distance adjustment made to shots (shoot close = direct fire, shoot far = arch shot), and the reticule is aiming at something ridiculously far away for some reason.

Ezz #5 Posted Apr 04 2012 - 02:20

Major

• Players
  • 13837 battles

View PostStagger, on Apr 04 2012 - 02:17, said:

I noticed that very few of my shots in the IS-3 and KV went way, WAY above where I aimed, like 10-50m off target. I had to look up just to see one. It's only happened a couple times, 4 that I can recall, but was fairly irritating. I imagine this is due to the automatic distance adjustment made to shots (shoot close = direct fire, shoot far = arch shot), and the reticule is aiming at something ridiculously far away for some reason.
Do you have the server reticle activated (caps+0)?

I can imagine this happening when you've been behind a building. The game for whatever reason points your gun as far up as it goes. You then peak out and it takes a while for the real reticle to lower back down. Something to be aware of in any event.

L3ft4D3ad #6 Posted Apr 04 2012 - 02:21

Captain

• Players
  • 16034 battles
  • [REL-V] REL-V

View Postsmiley119, on Apr 04 2012 - 02:11, said:

QFT

also when you run the servers cross hair theres 1 sec delay till its zero'd

Hellseer #7 Posted Apr 04 2012 - 02:49

Sergeant

• Players
  • 2913 battles

View PostEzz, on Apr 04 2012 - 02:08, said:

What's your ping? (sorry, just saw you mentioned... well if ping was your issue...)

Typically the server and client reticle don't line up when your ping increases. In Oz we typically get around 250ms ping, which translates to the server reticle being around 250ms behind our input.

Also, if your ping varies a bit, you'll get unusual fluctuation of the two. Ie if your ping jumps between 50ms and 300ms, sometimes it will be spot on, other times it will lag behind.

View Postsmiley119, on Apr 04 2012 - 02:11, said:

Smiley, Server Recticle = Caps Lock + 0. Yes I use it - that's how I have three crosshairs. ; )

No mate, my ping does not vary a lot. 20-30 is usual, and maybe a few tiny spikes here and there that randomly happen. But they are spikes that don't happen often.

Also, this isn't about zeroing - that' why it's annoying me so much. And it's not exactly lag either. For instance, last time it happened I shot at a KV 20 times with the T59 at 400m in Sand River. Not far by TD standards, and no reason my shots should've been so far off(at least a tank length off, at the VERY tip of recticle). I have good twitch skills, and usually misses are shooting at "vanished targets" or just random number generator. But 20 shots with a TD missing is unreasonable - it's not RNG? I always wait for server recticle (blue one) to zero in before I shoot. Which means I wait even longer then most for best accuracy.

That's just one example - and I know this isn't just a bad streak with RNG. It happens when the Green Crosshair - Blue Server Recticle - and Black center screen crosshair - none of them line up(like they should) no matter how much time I sit and look at the target. Also it's not a elevation/depression problem because every time I had room to spare for both.

It's some type of bug. Very noticeable, and annoying when it happens. The second it happens I know instantly that I'm going to be missing a lot. And any adjustments usually just fail because then the round goes where it should. It usually does happen I've also realized when I'm targetted a tank perfectally. It's like the "auto adjustment" on range goes haywire and it starts sending my rounds too low, or high.

Anyone know how to fix it though, or ways around it(Where to aim when it does? Most shots go high when it happens) Or a button to press to "sync". I've tried turning cap locks + 0 off and on as well. That doesn't help either.

P.S. Glad I'm not the only one who's had it happen. Like I said - it would only happen every now and then in my TDs/French tanks. However in this T49 it's happening quite often.

Hellseer #8 Posted Apr 05 2012 - 02:50

Sergeant

• Players
  • 2913 battles
Bumping real quick. Still happening, and more often after the patch with -all- my tanks. Happening more and more. Happens when I'm targetting a tank from what distanc.

Also sometimes when it happens tanks won't become outlined in red.

Ezz #9 Posted Apr 05 2012 - 02:59

Major

• Players
  • 13837 battles

View PostHellseer, on Apr 05 2012 - 02:50, said:

Bumping real quick. Still happening, and more often after the patch with -all- my tanks. Happening more and more. Happens when I'm targetting a tank from what distanc.

Also sometimes when it happens tanks won't become outlined in red.
Maybe raise it with tech support.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users