You Ask, We Reply # 13 - April 6, 2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
208 replies to this topic

juster1028 #161 Posted Apr 13 2012 - 20:42

Private

• Players
  • 2998 battles
Well i got banned from wot when a whole platoon of friends just reported me and blocked me so i killed 1 then they all shot me and i killed another because they all damaged me but didnt kill me so? now i cant play wot at all i cant sign in or anything there needs to be fixes on the report system because it is VERY unfair and irriatating thank you.

Death187 #162 Posted Apr 13 2012 - 20:46

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 7221 battles
  • [LD] LD

View Postjuster1028, on Apr 13 2012 - 20:42, said:

Well i got banned from wot when a whole platoon of friends just reported me and blocked me so i killed 1 then they all shot me and i killed another because they all damaged me but didnt kill me so? now i cant play wot at all i cant sign in or anything there needs to be fixes on the report system because it is VERY unfair and irriatating thank you.

What you should have done is taken some screen shots, or enable replay recording, and reported them to the support service. I am sure they would ahve lifted yoru ban and banned them instead. (Btw... the tk was a baaaad idea lol)

juster1028 #163 Posted Apr 13 2012 - 21:06

Private

• Players
  • 2998 battles
lol ok thanks but it says my account should of been unbanned like 10 minutes ago whats up with that im also new to forums so ya thanks!

9teenKILo #164 Posted Apr 14 2012 - 07:12

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 6613 battles
Hello, can you tell us please, what upcoming premium vehicle will come with which update? I’m asking about the Jagdtiger becoming a tier 8 TD with 8.8 gun and the IS-6.

Jagdtiger with 8.8cm L/71 gun will be tested by supertesters for the 7.3 update.

As we know, premium arties were to be tested by supertesters in 7.2. Will common players get them as well? If yes, then when? Thanks.

The vehicle will be available with the 7.3 update; it’ll be in the game store for all players.

Long ago you said you want to move Soviet T-50-2 and substitute it with something else. If it’s not a joke, what are the specs of a new vehicle, if compared to T-50-2? Will it have same maneuverability, speed and gun or will they differ?

That wasn’t a joke. At the moment parameters of a future tank are unknown, but its speed and maneuverability will more or less match those of Т-50-2.

After the British tree release, will Churchill, Matilda and Valentine be removed from the store, same like German tanks? Or will they be substituted?

This point is still being discussed because, for example, Matilda and Valentine have Soviet guns.

It’s common knowledge that in the future developers are going to add Japanese tanks. In this regard, I want to know if you are going to add Italian tanks. Italy also took part in WWII and had a lot of fighting vehicles.

Unfortunately, there are not enough vehicles for a full Italian tech tree with tanks up to tier 10.

Hello, I want to ask about a French tier 8 premium tank: what will it look like? Will it resemble АМХ 50 100 (autoloader and thin armor) or Lowe, KV-5, М6А2Е1 (regular gun and thick armor)?  What’s the name of this vehicle?

The final decision about the vehicle is still under review.

Do you plan to introduce unique perks for each nation/vehicle type?

No, we do not plan to implement perks unique for a nation or a vehicle type.  

Current heavy tanks of tier 10 are balanced in a way that they do not outstand a lot if compared to lower tiers. For example, developers have already mentioned the main reason for why IS-7 does not match its historical speed of 60 km/h: “Because if this was the case we do not medium vehicles at all”. But if tier 10 mediums and TDs appear, shall we expect increase of tier 10 heavies balance?

We theorize it will not be required as tier 10 heavies are currently well balanced.

How is the testing of new physics going on? Have you changed plans for it? Will we try it in summer?

The new physics testing is going well. Now we are busy reworking maps. I cannot give an exact physics implementation date at this time.

Will you introduce any of these combat types: battles per level, random battles 5 vs. 5, garage battles?

From the list you gave, only garage battles are planned for implementation.

Do you plan to add flash (flick) effects to shooting? In real, I’m supposed to see smoke or dust after shooting, even if I don’t the tank.

No, we do not plan it.

Do you plan to introduce expiry to modules/equipment (e.g. after 5000 battles a gun should be changed, or its accuracy reduces, etc.).

No, we don’t plan to do that.

Are you going to make partial repair available? Or a special rescue tank that will carry enough aid and repair kits for the whole team?

No, we do not plan to introduce any of these vehicles.

Will we be able to scroll the in-battle chat up and down?

We do plan to include such a feature.

There are some subdivisions in tank company battles (by level), are you going to do the same for Clan Wars?

No, we aren’t considering it for various reasons.

How many nations in total do you want to implement?

About 7 nations i.e. tech trees.

Will you introduce more equipment?

It’s possible. High angle spaced armor will be available for some tanks for sure.

Will you fix the Fadin's Medal?

Yes, it will be.

Haven’t you refused the idea of 30 vs 30 battles?

We haven’t refused it; we’re going to work over this idea.

Will there be a separate server for players from US, EU and RU?

There won’t be a separate server for that but there will be an opportunity to temporarily go to another cluster to play there with other players.

Do you plan to extend replay features (remote, etc.)?

Yes, e.g. remote forward and backward will be implemented for sure.

You said somewhere that head lamp light will be added to tanks. Will we be able to damage them with a critical hit?

No.

It’s been a long time since you promised to start special auction sales for vehicles selling. Will it appear in game or the idea was rejected?

This concept has been rejected.

Do you plan to release WoT for iPad?

No, we don’t plan that.

Hello! Will you update the tech trees on the portal as now they seem to be pretty outdated (e.g. SU-14 is still a Soviet top arty!).

Yes, we will surely update them.

I want to ask about the future British heavies: as I heard, the top tier 10 heavy will be FV-215b. This vehicle had a 183 mm gun. Is it possible that a top British heavy will have such a gun?

The British tech tree is still being considered, so we can’t really comment on that.

Is IS-6 being tested already or not? How much will it cost and when will be added?

Yes, IS-6 is being tested at this time. Its price has yet to be decided. You can expect it quite soon, with one of the upcoming updates.

Have system requirements changed with the 7.2 release? With the 7.2 release, I face some game slowing down and even system notifications about “low memory” which results in automatic graphics quality reduction.

System requirements haven’t changed due to the 7.2 release.

With the 7.2 update release you changed titles of French crew. Why did it happen? Will you change titles of other nations’ crews? For example, will you promote the maximal title to Colonel and its equivalents in other nations?

That was simply an error correction. We do not plan to change titles in other nations

anarchduke #165 Posted Apr 14 2012 - 09:06

Corporal

• Players
  • 18468 battles
I heard rather disheartening news.  Apparently, someone has come up with some interesting evidence to prove that World of Tanks rigs public matches by reducing the effective penetration/damage on individual sides of a match so you can force everyone to have around a 50% win/loss ratio

proof-that-world-of-tanks-is-rigged

Are all of these mysterious zero damage hits and inexplicable bounced shots just a way of forcing mediocrity among the players?  I just saw an IS-3 bounce a shot off the rear hull armor of a KV, which shouldn't be possible since he was all of 5 feet away.  I myself have bounced an M103 120mm AP round off the side armor of a M7 Priest.  

So, is it true?  Because if it is, and if you don't find a way to balance matchmaker without developer-side cheating mechanics, then what is the point of playing the game?

SHADOWDead #166 Posted Apr 14 2012 - 09:18

Corporal

• Players
  • 14426 battles
  • [GYB] GYB
SHADOWDead, on Apr 07 2012 - 00:42, said: Will  There be a Linux version of this game?  I thought that there was mention  of one, but then I may have misunderstood what I read.  My daughter  only uses Linux, but would really like to play this game on her machine.   Along with other friends that I have shown this game to.  Also I will  be building another box to run  BSD, and would like to play in Linux as  well.

If not, then think about this...5-7 percent of PC users run Linux.  May  not seem like much, but that is 5-7 percent of the world's PC users, and  that would mean a bit more for your bottom like with purchases for  gold.  I'm sure with all the free open source software out there that  they are using, that they would have more money in their piggy bank, to  purchase premium tanks, paint jobs(camo), and premium garages.

Have a Happy Easter.  Looking forward to the real world physics, and the  new tanks as the come online to play with.  Keep up the good work.

Valkeiper, on Apr 09 2012 - 06:46, said:

Linux is open sourced (as I'm sure you know). Open sourced means 'readily modified'. Opening WoT to 'readily modified' clients opens an entire array of problems. Primary of those problems is the big problem of hackers (a can of worms which Wargaming simply doesn't want to open).

If you can't see the advantage of refusing to open the game to hackers, you are stupid. Wargaming is very wise to refuse Linux. If you look at my prior posts about WG's decisions, you know I rarely agree with them; but
THIS decision is correct to every extreme.

So resorting to name calling is your tactic when you obviously do not know your facts, tells me you are obviously ignorant of the facts in the real world.

1. After running MS Windows and chasing down intrusions on a daily basis, the U.S.A.F. switched all of their R&D over to this so called hackable Open Source software Linux and FreeBSD.  After that only one or two users would be hacked one in awhile.  The fix, they logged out and logged back in, and intrusion was gone.

2.  Several major cities in Germany run only Linux in their government offices.

I can go on, but it would be an wasted effort, for in your eyes I am stupid, not someone who knows anything at all.  I guess that I can assume that the developers will never see any question about Linux as you have just proven to me that Windows Luddites rule in the forums, and attack anything that they assume is a threat, when in fact it is more secure than Windows ever will be.  Even when MS has stolen open source ideas and claim it was theirs.  Enjoy your little fiefdom, I won't upset it.  I just came in here to play a great game and ask a simple question, not expecting to be insulted, so do not be surprised when I refuse to roll over and play dead.  BTW, a huge number of open source developers are in Russia.  I wouldn't be surprised is some of the developers of this game have a computer or two with Linux or some variant of BSD on them.  Oh no, that would make them stupid, to your standards.

Stop insulting people, and let us enjoy the game, and answer the questions honestly.  End of topic.

Now, seriously you have been playing awhile, a lot longer than me, I'd guess, so I have a question.  Target fixation.  If someone has it badly, what steps can be taken, or series of exercises that can be done to slow it down and stop it, or is there no help at all?  I'm sure I am not the only one with this problem.  I'm tired of dying early in the game due to it.

Archon77 #167 Posted Apr 14 2012 - 12:27

Private

• Players
  • 7375 battles
Hello, Is there any way to find which are the most successful tanks,TD's etc. Any type of a comprehensive stats portal giving kill streaks, most kills etc?

Grimskar #168 Posted Apr 14 2012 - 16:30

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 12779 battles
  • [STD-] STD-

FaustianQ, on Apr 06 2012 - 16:07, said:

Germany, Russia, USA, France, Commonwealth, Japan...and? What other country was a major producer of tanks? Not Finland, Italy, Hungary, Slovakia, Poland, Romania, Brazil, China, India, et al, and even then you can't make a "Everyone else tree" since only Hungary and Italy came up with decent mid-late war tanks that hover around T7-8 level.

you actually think Italy didnt make tanks?

thewarriorgirl #169 Posted Apr 14 2012 - 17:10

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles
How do I go in missions and wars?? I just came on and cant figure anything out. :Smile_honoring: :rolleyes:

Loveck #170 Posted Apr 15 2012 - 01:10

Corporal

• Players
  • 16026 battles
Ok i have had the T-44 for about a week now, it sucked up till the new turret and gun (which was a terrible grind). But i can not seem to make any money at all, i loose 5,000 a match! If i am just damaged only a 100 hp with 1 kill its not enough to pay off everything and make money. I am down to 5,000 credits and have to go back to my T40 and make 7,000 a match till i get back up to around 20k so can start playing again! this is just ridiculous. especially for a tier 8! either the t-44 needs to make more money or the repair bill needs to go down. Honestly its the same thing as the t-43... just as a little better sloped armor. that shouldn't be 10k more! i dont care if u add more money once i get my new engines but its the same thing as the t-43! So please wargaming can you do something about this? And please NO BODY RESPOND by saying: buy gold! or buy a premium account! this game was free and its gona stay free, it should not be un-enjoyably to play to get to a tier 9.
thanks,

Loveck

anarchduke #171 Posted Apr 15 2012 - 22:45

Corporal

• Players
  • 18468 battles

View Postanarchduke, on Apr 14 2012 - 09:06, said:

I heard rather disheartening news.  Apparently, someone has come up with some interesting evidence to prove that World of Tanks rigs public matches by reducing the effective penetration/damage on individual sides of a match so you can force everyone to have around a 50% win/loss ratio

proof-that-world-of-tanks-is-rigged

Are all of these mysterious zero damage hits and inexplicable bounced shots just a way of forcing mediocrity among the players?  I just saw an IS-3 bounce a shot off the rear hull armor of a KV, which shouldn't be possible since he was all of 5 feet away.  I myself have bounced an M103 120mm AP round off the side armor of a M7 Priest.  

So, is it true?  Because if it is, and if you don't find a way to balance matchmaker without developer-side cheating mechanics, then what is the point of playing the game?

I noticed you ignored my question.  Let me rephrase this.  Will you fix this BS game mechanic because if you just want to tell us how each battle comes out in advance, then we don't need to waste time actually playing it out.

CaddoPuma #172 Posted Apr 16 2012 - 02:48

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 17420 battles

View Postthewarriorgirl, on Apr 14 2012 - 17:10, said:

How do I go in missions and wars?? I just came on and cant figure anything out. :Smile_honoring::rolleyes:

Select a tank from the "ribbon" then click the big red "Battle" button on the top. That will get you into a battle. Wars, bigger tanks, better equipment on your tank are all advanced topics of which you shouldnt be worried at this time.

robert_kimchi #173 Posted Apr 16 2012 - 03:33

Private

• Players
  • 10262 battles
I have a question.  I will be gone for basic combat training and combat medical training for 6+ months.  If I still feel like playing the game after training, would my account be deactivated or deleted since I haven't logged in for a long time?  The longest I have gone without logging in was a month, and then got addicted again  :Smile_great: .  Thanks for your answer.

Ganley #174 Posted Apr 16 2012 - 05:27

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 1986 battles
Why is the Tiger only 695,000? I thought it was 1,395,000.

Death187 #175 Posted Apr 16 2012 - 12:24

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 7221 battles
  • [LD] LD

View PostGanley, on Apr 16 2012 - 05:27, said:

Why is the Tiger only 695,000? I thought it was 1,395,000.

It was on sale for the weekend.

Death187 #176 Posted Apr 16 2012 - 12:26

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 7221 battles
  • [LD] LD

View Postrobert_kimchi, on Apr 16 2012 - 03:33, said:

I have a question.  I will be gone for basic combat training and combat medical training for 6+ months.  If I still feel like playing the game after training, would my account be deactivated or deleted since I haven't logged in for a long time?  The longest I have gone without logging in was a month, and then got addicted again  :Smile_great: .  Thanks for your answer.

Your account will not be deleted. My Dad created an acount and only played for a few hours and that was a year ago lol. I checked and he can still log in on his account to play.

Death187 #177 Posted Apr 16 2012 - 12:29

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 7221 battles
  • [LD] LD

View PostLoveck, on Apr 15 2012 - 01:10, said:

Ok i have had the T-44 for about a week now, it sucked up till the new turret and gun (which was a terrible grind). But i can not seem to make any money at all, i loose 5,000 a match! If i am just damaged only a 100 hp with 1 kill its not enough to pay off everything and make money. I am down to 5,000 credits and have to go back to my T40 and make 7,000 a match till i get back up to around 20k so can start playing again! this is just ridiculous. especially for a tier 8! either the t-44 needs to make more money or the repair bill needs to go down. Honestly its the same thing as the t-43... just as a little better sloped armor. that shouldn't be 10k more! i dont care if u add more money once i get my new engines but its the same thing as the t-43! So please wargaming can you do something about this? And please NO BODY RESPOND by saying: buy gold! or buy a premium account! this game was free and its gona stay free, it should not be un-enjoyably to play to get to a tier 9.
thanks,

Loveck

I checked out your stats and the problem you are having is low damage. Your average damage per match is only 268 and your average XP per match is 232. Just try and focus on causing the most damage you can per match. Damage = credits :Smile_honoring:

maartenken #178 Posted Apr 16 2012 - 17:35

Private

• Players
  • 824 battles
hello,

Can anybody help me with activating my bonus code ( i bought the game witch includes a bonuscode )
I had to go to http://worldoftanks.eu/bonus but the page failed to load. Can someone help me with the problem?

Maarten

whitedragonking #179 Posted Apr 16 2012 - 22:21

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 22959 battles
Province IS WAY TOO SMALL. you don't even need scouts because heavy's can spot arty before 30sec has gone by. can you guys make it abit longer? its very cramp and small

fiddler54 #180 Posted Apr 17 2012 - 16:06

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 35554 battles
  • [BE_ER] BE_ER
IN Clan Wars on the EU and Russian Servers you have West Africa opened up (On the Russian Server you have most of Russia as well).
On the US server they are not.
When are these areas going to be opened up for the US Server?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users