You Ask, We Reply # 13 - April 6, 2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
208 replies to this topic

NemesisStar #201 Posted Apr 26 2012 - 00:05

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 4596 battles
I had heard they planned to created an "Allied" and "Axi" tree for nations who dint have enough tanks to make their own tree.  If true can we get an EST ) Example: Q3 2012?

Lauralarry #202 Posted Apr 26 2012 - 01:19

Private

• Players
  • 1037 battles
can you buff french tanks they suck so bad no one even goes down their tech tree anymore

a_Friendly #203 Posted Apr 26 2012 - 07:42

Major

• Players
  • 22659 battles
  • [NTR] NTR
ETA on when French tanks won't suck total balls and be a huge waste of time and effort?  Thanks.

PS.  I was gonna give you money, but now I'm not.

Coward_Of_The_County #204 Posted Apr 26 2012 - 16:51

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 15682 battles
Probably been asked a thousand times before but it's worth repeating. When are you going to do something about MM? Plain facts are the amount of enjoyment is directly proportional to the amount of armor and number of hit points. I've looked at your chart and for the life of me cannot see the logic in matching up a Tier V against a Tier IX.

Simply put , all Tier IX's have much more armor , hit points and fire power than a Tier V , no matter what the class.Not a hell of a lot of fun if your a Tier V.Your just cannon fodder.

Might I be so bold as to suggest that you modify you "balancing" by:
A ) Assign a value to the various classes (Heavies , TD , Med's etc.).
B ) Assign a Value to their Tier (or even use the Tier number)
C ) Ensure that the greatest Tier spread is no more than three.
D ) Balance the teams by class. If there aren't enough Heavies to balance a team , give one team more offsetting classes such as TD's or artillery.

That way ALL players can have fun at Tier V+.

Right now the MOST enjoyable games are with my Tier III and IV's so that's where I'll stay until things are improved.

fantigua #205 Posted Apr 27 2012 - 00:32

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 31440 battles
Ok, I know this probably has been asked before but what are you going to do to fix the penetrating hits for no damage that are happening more and more lately?  I can understand spaced armor but this is getting old fast.  You have a tank down to less than 10% health hit them in all the normal damage spots and get penetrating hits for no damage.This is specially frustrating when you have a tank of lower tier that you hit for no damage.

It doesn't have to be massive damage but a vehicle should take something.  Maybe make it 10 pts of dmg per tier no matter what on penetrating hits.  So a tier one tank shoots and gets a penetrating hit and does 10 dmg while a tier 10 tank hits and does 100 dmg.  When a shell penetrates it does damage, it bounces around in open spaces, kills crew, etcc. so something has to be damaged.  

While the damage proposed wouldn't be much it would at least show you did damage for the hit.  Players would still gripe but at least on a solid hit damage would be done.

limwellz #206 Posted Apr 29 2012 - 10:52

Private

• Players
  • 7077 battles
can you plzz low the purchase AMMUNITION to all lorraine even i win i still  have (-) credits  have 3 kills and lose i have 5 kills stll i have (-) plzzzz plzzz  ama sell my lorraine and back to ISU-152 only (-) 3k or 5k but the looraine have 10k or 12k only ho have gold dont fell that :(

Valkeiper #207 Posted Apr 30 2012 - 18:05

Major

• Players
  • 8176 battles

View Postfantigua, on Apr 27 2012 - 00:32, said:

Ok, I know this probably has been asked before but what are you going to do to fix the penetrating hits for no damage that are happening more and more lately?  I can understand spaced armor but this is getting old fast.  You have a tank down to less than 10% health hit them in all the normal damage spots and get penetrating hits for no damage.This is specially frustrating when you have a tank of lower tier that you hit for no damage.

It doesn't have to be massive damage but a vehicle should take something.  Maybe make it 10 pts of dmg per tier no matter what on penetrating hits.  So a tier one tank shoots and gets a penetrating hit and does 10 dmg while a tier 10 tank hits and does 100 dmg.  When a shell penetrates it does damage, it bounces around in open spaces, kills crew, etcc. so something has to be damaged.  

While the damage proposed wouldn't be much it would at least show you did damage for the hit.  Players would still gripe but at least on a solid hit damage would be done.

They used to call those "critical hits". The "critical" was supposed to inform you you DID damage something and/or injured somebody inside the target.

Unfortunately, the 'military' term for "critical hit" is quite different from the 'gamer' term of "critical hit". In military jargon, it means exactly what the game portrayed... something inside was damaged.In the gaming community, the term means 'extra' and/or 'special' damage.

Wargaming was getting blasted big time for the mixup, so they simply removed the 'critical hit' completely and now just informs you of the penetration. This makes a lot of sense to me.

What would make even more sense is removing the damn display of the enemy health COMPLETELY (except for a couple seconds for the player who damages the target... normal damage or 'penetrating for no damage').

Removing the display will solve a number of problems...

1> There would be no more 'kill stealing'. Now, I know the number of kills has no effect on actual game play, but are still a number of fools and idiots (at all tiers and driving all types) who care only about getting kills. Removing the display (except for the person who actually damages the target) will force these so-called "players" to actually engage an enemy for fear the team mate they are watching die may 'get the kill'.

2> It would be much more realistic, since IRL tankers (and other combat vehicles) rarely have any indication of the combat worthiness of the vehicles they face.

fantigua #208 Posted Apr 30 2012 - 19:06

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 31440 battles

View PostValkeiper, on Apr 30 2012 - 18:05, said:

They used to call those "critical hits". The "critical" was supposed to inform you you DID damage something and/or injured somebody inside the target.

Unfortunately, the 'military' term for "critical hit" is quite different from the 'gamer' term of "critical hit". In military jargon, it means exactly what the game portrayed... something inside was damaged.In the gaming community, the term means 'extra' and/or 'special' damage.

Wargaming was getting blasted big time for the mixup, so they simply removed the 'critical hit' completely and now just informs you of the penetration. This makes a lot of sense to me.

What would make even more sense is removing the damn display of the enemy health COMPLETELY (except for a couple seconds for the player who damages the target... normal damage or 'penetrating for no damage').

Removing the display will solve a number of problems...

1> There would be no more 'kill stealing'. Now, I know the number of kills has no effect on actual game play, but are still a number of fools and idiots (at all tiers and driving all types) who care only about getting kills. Removing the display (except for the person who actually damages the target) will force these so-called "players" to actually engage an enemy for fear the team mate they are watching die may 'get the kill'.

2> It would be much more realistic, since IRL tankers (and other combat vehicles) rarely have any indication of the combat worthiness of the vehicles they face.

All great points.  :Smile_great:  

But it still wouldn't get rid of the fact that it has become normal now to hit a tank 3, 4, 5 times with no damage.  And I understand what you are saying in your second point;  though we still need to remember this is an arcade type game and not RL.  Removing damage indicators completely would probably cause more problems in the long run.  And having them show for a sec or two to the person doing the damage wouldn't make that much difference.  Figure you have a tank down to 10% health and you hit them again and it still shows 10% you'll know you did a crit for no damage.

Not really sure how to proceed but it does get very frustrating in a close battle knowing you hit a spot that should do damage only to do crit and the tank doesn't die. :(

ironpoke #209 Posted Jun 28 2012 - 14:21

Private

• Players
  • 4334 battles
please help me how to transfer account from NA to SEA WOT? thanks before...

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users