Help me understand

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

Siphor4738 #1 Posted Apr 07 2012 - 04:51

Corporal

• Players
  • 7255 battles
I have read everything I can on observing/seeing other tanks and them seeing me.  It appears to be totally random.  

Example, I just played Karliea (SP) map.  I was on a Lowe on bottom part of map.  I was behind a rock watching the upper side of map (left flank).  I turned and began watching middle of map since there was no way anyone could see me from left or far right.  An IS3 was driving through the middle of the map, he shoots me from the bottom part of map on the move before I ever saw him (I see him light up after im hit and I see him chugging along full speed).  Again, the way I was positioned only the middle could have seen me and he was only one there.

An example was on the new map thats like a bowl (not live oaks).  I was down in the bowl but backed way up in the opposite corner (popular spot) on my Ferd.  Have camo net, binocs, and 87% camo rating.  A t34 was on the exact opposite corner I was.  I have not shot yet in the game or moved in over 2 minutes.  There would have been no way for anyone to seen me but him with my positioning.  He shoots me.  Then dissappears about 1 second later.  I didnt shoot back or move.  I get shot again.  He again disappears within a second. I also was behind the little bush there.

So my confusion is how is a heavy seeing my so far way on a TD with camo net and high camo rating while I couldnt see him except when he would shoot me.

Mi_Amore_Cadenza #2 Posted Apr 07 2012 - 05:01

Major

• Players
  • 27425 battles
wait for it someone is gonna post a link to the wiki with the how sight works thing

honestly i dont care what that says i have read that multiple times and it just doesnt seem to work that way in game to what they have on that site.... when a tank vanishes in a bush 1 square away from me and can then shoot me multiple times without being lit up thats a problem

dwaindwarf #3 Posted Apr 07 2012 - 05:11

Major

• Players
  • 31639 battles

View PostDante5521, on Apr 07 2012 - 05:01, said:

wait for it someone is gonna post a link to the wiki with the how sight works thing

honestly i dont care what that says i have read that multiple times and it just doesnt seem to work that way in game to what they have on that site.... when a tank vanishes in a bush 1 square away from me and can then shoot me multiple times without being lit up thats a problem

Here is the link.  There has been a problem with sighting since 7.0. Also remember that if any tank on the other side sees you, all their tanks see you.

:Smile_honoring:

rinying #4 Posted Apr 07 2012 - 05:11

Major

• Players
  • 11485 battles
you have to understand, and this is just my logic behind this thing, you dont know what they have. when they are -50 m, yea, they should be spotted, but me and my brother did a training battle test, and it turns out it takes around a sec or 2 for you to get the spot activated. now +50 m, its all depending on what the enemy is using. i once headed straight at a t40 in my m4 sherman, knew exactly where he was via tracers, but couldnt see the guy worth a crap, and so i got owned. later he confirmed he had camo net and camo crew, so thats fine by me. in all honesty, whenever you move, short of being in a light, your camos gone. you cant blame anyone else for that little turn, because the game deems that a movement, which breaks your camo. also most of the time its someone else who is spotting you, not the guy who you have redmisted. my logic is
1. someone else saw me.
2. those enemies all have 100% camo crews.
3. they know how to camo perfectly.
4. they have binos, gun rammers, vents, every possible advantage, including camo nets.
if you think like that, most of the time nothing will surprise you, as you will have already seen it coming even if you dont see the person shooting you.

Mi_Amore_Cadenza #5 Posted Apr 07 2012 - 05:44

Major

• Players
  • 27425 battles

View Postrinying, on Apr 07 2012 - 05:11, said:

you have to understand, and this is just my logic behind this thing, you dont know what they have. when they are -50 m, yea, they should be spotted, but me and my brother did a training battle test, and it turns out it takes around a sec or 2 for you to get the spot activated. now +50 m, its all depending on what the enemy is using. i once headed straight at a t40 in my m4 sherman, knew exactly where he was via tracers, but couldnt see the guy worth a crap, and so i got owned. later he confirmed he had camo net and camo crew, so thats fine by me. in all honesty, whenever you move, short of being in a light, your camos gone. you cant blame anyone else for that little turn, because the game deems that a movement, which breaks your camo. also most of the time its someone else who is spotting you, not the guy who you have redmisted. my logic is
1. someone else saw me.
2. those enemies all have 100% camo crews.
3. they know how to camo perfectly.
4. they have binos, gun rammers, vents, every possible advantage, including camo nets.
if you think like that, most of the time nothing will surprise you, as you will have already seen it coming even if you dont see the person shooting you.
aye true true just hate it when a t9 or t8 disappears in the middle of a field to pop out about 10 yards in front of you with the middle finger waving from his commander hatch with a sword hanging out :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users