German Vs Russian

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
33 replies to this topic

Zardnaar #1 Posted Apr 10 2012 - 12:34

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
I play this game to much and I have now completed all of the grinds for the Russian and German tanks and the AMerican lines except for the tier 7 and 8 USA new TDs. Only the Batchat and 50B elude me yet bwa ha ha. I have no favourite nation but I have some favourite tanks although I tend to dislike TDs alot along with arty.

IS driver. Tank at 200metres, aiming 122mm for 4 seconds, fire and she misses yay (or fails to penetrate).
TigerH 200metres what weakpoint do you want hit sir?

IS3. Wow BL9 is a sniper rifle as far as Russian stuff goes. I can hit stuff reliably at medium range.
King Tiger/ My accuracy is about as good as the IS3 but I only have to aim for 1 second and I can do snap shots on the move. I can also pen a Maus and IS4 easier.

Obj 704 BL 10. Aiming aiming aiming and FIRE- "that one bounced" ffs nerd rage.
Jagdtiger. AIming at a weak point aim and FIRE, target loses 500hp. Weakpoint was side of a tanks turret at 500 metres.
Patton driver. They gave me a fast firing BL9 on a medium? Roflstomp lols.

600 metres+
Russian. Prays to God.
German. Eh 50/50 give it a go.

Thats my highly technical comparison of German and Russian guns in regards to accuracy. Overall I probably value accurcy, penetration, damage in that order as good gun traits. If you can't hit it you don't deal damage, if you can't pen it uber damage is pointless. Ironically MM punishes Russian tanks more than other countries tanks at tier 7 and below IMHO. If you are gogin to be fighting tier 8/9/10 for most of your career may as well have a high pen gun like the French 90mm or German 88mm L/71.

Sabertoothpython #2 Posted Apr 10 2012 - 12:36

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
And people still say russians are OP to this day...

Why the -2? I was stating disbelief of some people... I Don't think Russians are OP, everyone dies all the same in the end.

Zardnaar #3 Posted Apr 10 2012 - 12:40

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
I find most Russian tanks to be underpowered being honest. They are rarely the worst tank at each tier but they're usually out classed by the best and their medium line was lack lustre until the T54 but the T-44 got buffed. IS4 is annoying to shoot but it has other problems.

djuice1701 #4 Posted Apr 10 2012 - 12:45

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Accuracy > Penetration > Damage

Is also my preference too, just as you said, if you can't hit or even penetrate your targets your not going to do any damage. Ofcourse certain maps favors certain nations, city/urban maps negates the accuracy disadvantage to Soviet tanks while sniper maps gives the advantages to the Germans.

tomi87 #5 Posted Apr 10 2012 - 12:55

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Well i like russian tanks much more

Timbrelaine #6 Posted Apr 10 2012 - 12:56

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View Postdjuice1701, on Apr 10 2012 - 12:45, said:

Accuracy > Penetration > Damage

Is also my preference too, just as you said, if you can't hit or even penetrate your targets your not going to do any damage. Ofcourse certain maps favors certain nations, city/urban maps negates the accuracy disadvantage to Soviet tanks while sniper maps gives the advantages to the Germans.

YUp. That's why I stopped playing the KV-2 with the 152mm- they just kept adding non-urban maps, and it's no good at a distance. I wish they would add more city maps- I favor german tanks, but I would like more variety.

Nosjack #7 Posted Apr 10 2012 - 13:12

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
The ONLY reason Russian tanks seem OP is because some people can't figure out how to fight them/pen their armor.

Nerdynoob2 #8 Posted Apr 10 2012 - 13:26

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
Actually, I prefer aim time over accuracy, so I can make quicker shots.

ParanoidSniper #9 Posted Apr 10 2012 - 13:33

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Sure becouse is really easy to fight at 500mts in this small maps and town maps that we have.

And not be detected with the Jagdtiger xD

teamoldmill #10 Posted Apr 10 2012 - 13:56

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
Post is completely wrong of course.

You can snipe with all but the derpiest derps. Germans have lower penetration in almost all instances, which drops further off over distance.

Having and Object and a JT I can say easily that the Object is perfectly accurate, and the penetration increase means less bounces. The S-70 has 260 pen, the German heavy guns have 246/236 respectively. Russian tanks are better at sniping when they choose to do so.

DelayedFuse #11 Posted Apr 10 2012 - 14:00

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles
You can't penetrate IS4 and to some extent IS7 if it knows how to hull down (small cover, or small dip in terrain to hide its hull) or reverse-peek. (unless you have exceptional guns like BL-10, T30/T95's 155mm, T110's 120mmm, etc)

Reverse-peeking doesn't need those kind of corner to be effective, it can be done anywhere that you have a cover in front of you to hide driver port (IS4) and lower glacis (both IS4 and IS7) and enemy down the range. (e.g. reverse-peek from behind those buildings on Swamps when you go down south and cross the south bridge from east-spawn, a pair of IS4s can lead a push @ south on swamp by themselves and win by reverse-peeking so long as there's no arty and a teammate by the small hill to deter flanking/spot for them)

http://forum.worldof...rse-peek-a-boo/

Nineball #12 Posted Apr 10 2012 - 14:06

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
Russian heavies are up close brawlers hence the armor that can bounce most anything low view range and bad accuracy/aim time
Germans are long distance snipers with the higher accuracy and higher pen on average.

At least that is how I see them.

m0chil_the_second #13 Posted Apr 10 2012 - 14:08

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
I think German tanks are better

teamoldmill #14 Posted Apr 10 2012 - 14:11

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles

View Postm0chil_the_second, on Apr 10 2012 - 14:08, said:

I think German tanks are better
Once again, global stats do not reflect this. In most vehicle classes and tiers, Soviets perform better than German.

hoom #15 Posted Apr 10 2012 - 14:30

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
The 'problem' with Russian tanks is that day after day most German players present like this:
Posted Image

Similarly most US players don't take even basic steps to defend their soft hulls:
Posted Image
And then seem surprised that they get killed.  :unsure:

If you sit like that all that really matters is dpm/alpha vs hitpoints & if you miss/hit my cover/bounce off my properly angled armor a couple of times I'm gonna win at that  :Smile_great:

My experience is that doing well at WoT mostly boils down to this simple general plan:
Get flank shots on the enemy hull side while having your own tank properly positioned to minimise risk from return fire.

There is a lot involved in the when & how you get into that position but ultimately that is pretty much all I'm trying to do.

DarkElf #16 Posted Apr 10 2012 - 15:12

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles

View Postteamoldmill, on Apr 10 2012 - 13:56, said:

Post is completely wrong of course.

You can snipe with all but the derpiest derps. Germans have lower penetration in almost all instances, which drops further off over distance.

Having and Object and a JT I can say easily that the Object is perfectly accurate, and the penetration increase means less bounces. The S-70 has 260 pen, the German heavy guns have 246/236 respectively. Russian tanks are better at sniping when they choose to do so.

You can TRY TO snipe with all but the derpiest derps, hit or miss is another problem.

Bad accuracy + long aim time = your target can shot and hide before you get a good aim at him. I hate provence map with my T34 (long aim time, not good accuracy and bad accuracy dispersion), but with my KT, it's a fun map.

In the end what it's matter is which tank play style suit you. My german tank have way better win rate than my USA/Russian tank.

bigman0089 #17 Posted Apr 10 2012 - 15:24

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles

View Posthoom, on Apr 10 2012 - 14:30, said:

The 'problem' with Russian tanks is that day after day most German players present like this:
Posted Image
Similarly most US players don't take even basic steps to defend their soft hulls.
And then seem surprised that they get killed.  :unsure:

If you sit like that all that really matters is dpm/alpha vs hitpoints & if you miss/hit my cover/bounce off my properly angled armor a couple of times I'm gonna win at that  :Smile_great:

My experience is that doing well at WoT mostly boils down to this simple general plan:
Get flank shots on the enemy hull side while having your own tank properly positioned to minimise risk from return fire.

There is a lot involved in the when & how you get into that position but ultimately that is pretty much all I'm trying to do.

YES!  I am so glad someone said this.
when I fight against a German in my KV/KV-3/IS, it comes down to this -
If they present their side, I win.
If they present their front, I cant pen them, because I lack the accuracy to hit weakspots, and they win.
Fortunately for me, people rarely seem to position themselves correctly

Mr_Fantabulous #18 Posted Apr 10 2012 - 15:35

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
I would normally say, for most Russian tanks, if your trying to snipe you're doing it wrong.

minim8greyhound #19 Posted Apr 10 2012 - 15:41

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles
If you are trying to say that German tanks are in any way overpowered or have an advantage over Russian tanks you sir, are mistaken...

The ONLY advantage or should I say REASON to get German tanks is for accuracy. And I find myself bouncing a LOT of shells specifically off of Russian vehicles. This is for tiers 1-6 currently.....each faction has an advantage in some area or another. I also find that German mediums are quite hard to play...I currently decided to start the Russian line cause I was tired of getting 1 shotted by a KV, Kv-3, etc...so I decided to give it a try instead of complaining about it. Russian tanks on the other hand usually always have high penetration and sometimes extremely high damage. I always see Russian tanks that are able to pen higher tiers....as for German tanks they usually have to aim at certain weak points or the sides of a tank to penetrate a higher tier tank...

I really don't understand what your point is? Do you want the only good feature for the German tanks (accuracy that is) to be nerfed?
Are you stating that German tanks are generally better than Russian tanks? Do you want Russian tanks buffed? Do you want KV's and other Russian tanks to fight tier 2's? All I have to say is the moment German accuracy is nerfed is the moment that German tanks won't even be worth playing...

SHISHKABOB #20 Posted Apr 10 2012 - 15:44

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View Posthoom, on Apr 10 2012 - 14:30, said:

Posted Image

auuuugh all of my rage

don't they READ the armor values on their tanks?