T34 vs Lowe

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
74 replies to this topic

Revanant #1 Posted Apr 11 2012 - 07:53

Captain

• Players
  • 8748 battles
  • [REL-V] REL-V
Hey guys I just came into some money and wanted to spend a little on some personal entertainment and have been comparing the T34 and Lowe and I'm pretty stumped on which way to go.  I'm primary interested in the money making aspects of the premium tanks and was wondering what you guys think about the 2 tanks?

Thanks!

Axiom2 #2 Posted Apr 11 2012 - 07:58

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 6557 battles
  • [SMO] SMO
If the T34 is played correctly, it can make as much money as the Löwe. However, it requires a different playstyle than just "I'm a T8 heavy tank, I'm gonna charge! :Smile-izmena: "...  That will get you killed.

BlackZero001 #3 Posted Apr 11 2012 - 08:10

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9763 battles
go for lowe much better than T34

Blizzard36 #4 Posted Apr 11 2012 - 08:13

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 8513 battles
  • [RABIT] RABIT
It comes down to playstyle. The T34 makes a good fake TD much like the T30 (which did so well they made it an official TD), go hull down someplace and slam good targets with that giant cannon (for its tier). But like the T30 its reload is very slow, so you have to be sure of your shot. Any misses really hurt, and it has noticably less accuracy than the Lowe so you'll need to play closer to the fight usually to guarantee the hits. Luckily when played well making use of cover that super armored turret can protect you from hits that would kill a Lowe. If you've played through a fully upgraded T29 you'll already have this playstyle down, you'll just need to get used to it being slower paced due to it being slower than the T29 and having a longer reload.

The Lowe on the other hand, well, it's a German tank. It sits back and snipes, and it does a damn good job of it. But it has some glaring frontal weaknesses and poor armor on the sides for its tier so if an enemy gets close you're in trouble. But if you've already played a Tiger, then you'll be used to that playstyle already. Though again the Lowe is slower paced. (To give you an example of how slow, I did much better in my T1 and M6 heavies post launch than in beta thanks to thier newfound mobility. Which was really just thier being so much more mobile than the Lowe I'd gotten used to.)

I tend to play snipers in most games and have the most experience with German tanks (if we add in beta time) so it is unsurprising that I perform better with my Lowe than my T34. But the T34 is still a very valid choice if it fits your play style better, I've had some good matches in it already and a friend of mine, who already had the T30, does even better.

Finally, looking at your stats I see you've played Soviet heavies primarily. In that case you may actually want to wait for the next patch, because I beleive they are supposed to get a new premium tier 8 heavy in it, the IS-6.

ttme #5 Posted Apr 11 2012 - 08:17

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 6387 battles
If you are not sure, get lowe, you can't go wrong with it. T34 requires a very specific play style (similar to T30), and even if you master it, it won't necessary generate more credits than a lowe.

Several_Sins #6 Posted Apr 11 2012 - 08:20

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 9751 battles
I'm going to say Lowe, as the T34 is very unforgiving. Both have awesome guns, but the T34 is a lot less accurate , so you'll need to be a support tank rather than a sniper with the Lowe, which plays more like a slightly watered down version of a King Tiger. Anyway, both are different play styles, so it's just a matter of which one will fit you more so. The US Heavy forum and the German Heavy forum are useful spots to do a bit of research.

Iron_Obelisk #7 Posted Apr 11 2012 - 08:20

Corporal

• Players
  • 18711 battles
  • [SU] SU
The T34 has better gun and turret. The Lowe is overall a more balanced tank, but what it really depends on is your preference.

KnightFandragon #8 Posted Apr 11 2012 - 08:22

Major

• Players
  • 4603 battles
Lowe, bar none, going away, the Lowe is the better tank.

MalleusTempus #9 Posted Apr 11 2012 - 08:36

Sergeant

• Players
  • 7098 battles
I have and use both.
It's a real 50/50 call.

The Lowe has pretty damn accurate and fairly quick firing gun. Its armour is tin foil covered cardboard but has some strange slopes on it and I’ve bounced rounds I really shouldn't bounce. As it's been said before, typical German sniper tank, don't brawl in it unless against another Lowe. All in all reasonable all round tank.....pig slow though.

T34, in a lot of ways i prefer this tank, I play it fairly similar but at a slightly close range. Pluses over the Lowe, slightly better pen, more dmg. An actual part of the tank you can rely on armour wise...i.e. The Turret. The bloody gun points down!!!...my biggest gripe with the Lowe is how far you have to drive over some things to shoot slightly downwards, the T34 has a far better depression meaning ya don't have to show that sponge they call a chassis. Negatives...the body work, not even tin foil covered cardboard here....simple tin foil. Arty...ohhh yeah big arty hits ya side or god forbid ya ass then it pretty much all over, and this thing does not handle being circled by pesky French/mediums tanks at all well. Oh and I'm guessing this is more a luck thing for me, my T34 has an annoyingly high number of crit no dmg shots.

Profit wise...fairly close. Lowe does tend to win out but I've found that generally on loss my T34 has faired better.

kermanit #10 Posted Apr 11 2012 - 08:42

Captain

• Players
  • 20953 battles
My Lowe is still go to tank over the T34

Hobbe #11 Posted Apr 11 2012 - 08:47

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 5531 battles
I've never lost to a Lowe in my T34...

Rexxie #12 Posted Apr 11 2012 - 08:51

Major

• Players
  • 29401 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Both are decent. Neither are as good as their normal T8 counterparts, both make cash hand over first, both have terrible armor and great guns.

Get the Lowe if you want to be safe. The T34 can be better in a lot of situations, but it also is super tough to get used to if you arent a American Heavy tanker.

KeyserSoze1 #13 Posted Apr 11 2012 - 08:52

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30048 battles
  • [-TRN-] -TRN-
I have them both and use the 34 all the time.   They make the same money both have no hull armor and are slow.  Both have good pen but the lowe is more accurate but the 34 gives you great turret armor.

Best money match and lowe 135000 34 149000.  They average about the same during pubs.

Me 34 is cheaper.

Wezo #14 Posted Apr 11 2012 - 09:04

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 8163 battles

View PostRevanant, on Apr 11 2012 - 07:53, said:

Hey guys I just came into some money and wanted to spend a little on some personal entertainment and have been comparing the T34 and Lowe and I'm pretty stumped on which way to go.  I'm primary interested in the money making aspects of the premium tanks and was wondering what you guys think about the 2 tanks?

Thanks!

I'd personally hold out for awhile until you have a chance to view the new soviet tier 8 premium coming with 7.3. If TDs are your flavor, prem JT mit 88 will come out eventually as well.

Yakumo #15 Posted Apr 11 2012 - 10:59

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 8629 battles
only problem i notice with the T34 is that the cheek's   of the turret when facing the enemy can be penetrated , it does not seems to have 279 armor except the mallet holding the gun.
it could be a bug tho which the developer didnt notice , i think.

MyLittlePony #16 Posted Apr 11 2012 - 11:30

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 8339 battles

View PostMalleusTempus, on Apr 11 2012 - 08:36, said:

I have and use both.
It's a real 50/50 call.

The Lowe has pretty damn accurate and fairly quick firing gun. Its armour is tin foil covered cardboard but has some strange slopes on it and I’ve bounced rounds I really shouldn't bounce. As it's been said before, typical German sniper tank, don't brawl in it unless against another Lowe. All in all reasonable all round tank.....pig slow though.

T34, in a lot of ways i prefer this tank, I play it fairly similar but at a slightly close range. Pluses over the Lowe, slightly better pen, more dmg. An actual part of the tank you can rely on armour wise...i.e. The Turret. The bloody gun points down!!!...my biggest gripe with the Lowe is how far you have to drive over some things to shoot slightly downwards, the T34 has a far better depression meaning ya don't have to show that sponge they call a chassis. Negatives...the body work, not even tin foil covered cardboard here....simple tin foil. Arty...ohhh yeah big arty hits ya side or god forbid ya ass then it pretty much all over, and this thing does not handle being circled by pesky French/mediums tanks at all well. Oh and I'm guessing this is more a luck thing for me, my T34 has an annoyingly high number of crit no dmg shots.

Profit wise...fairly close. Lowe does tend to win out but I've found that generally on loss my T34 has faired better.

Pretty much agree here.  I get more kills in my Lowe on average, but my T34 gets more one-shot kills with its awesome penetration.  I deal more damage to high-tier tanks in my T34 than my Lowe.  I have to use my Lowe's accuracy to place shots where they'll penetrate.  With my T34 I can do more 'point and click' and have a fairly good chance of penetration.  My T34 does make more money on a loss than my Lowe as MT stated.  I've been making 60K (before repair and ammo costs) on losses.  The 3 in T34 stands for the average kills I seem to get in a battle.

The most important thing is that I enjoy playing my T34 much more than my Lowe.  Something to consider if you're grinding credits.  I wish I could trade my Lowe for a T59 though, I think I'd enjoy it better.

OMGNUB #17 Posted Apr 11 2012 - 12:21

Sergeant

• Players
  • 4607 battles
hull armor pretty much the same they are both weak, turret armor t34 wins, accuracy and aim time lowe wins, damage and penn t34 wins, mobilty t34 wins, dps same, matchmaking lowe wins, gun depression t34 wins by 4 degrees, elevation lowe wins by 2. also t34 turret traverse is horrible and view range is too short for leading a charge

KnightFandragon #18 Posted Apr 11 2012 - 14:46

Major

• Players
  • 4603 battles

View PostMalleusTempus, on Apr 11 2012 - 08:36, said:

I have and use both.
It's a real 50/50 call.

The 0 dmg crits is a 7.2 thing.  I get it every 6th shot in every tank I play atm...M103, Tet, KV3, T34....yeah...my dad sees the same thing in his Tiger, M18, E75...so yeah...  

How does your T34 fair better in a loss? Is it because when it loses it dies so fast you didnt have time to fire any rounds?  I know I sometimes die before I even fire a single shot in mine....Its so damn slow it gets to the normal spots I drive after the fighting has begun and then its just like wtf as I try to move anywhere and get tracked then artied...or just tracked and raped by 10 guns all firing at me.

KnightFandragon #19 Posted Apr 11 2012 - 14:48

Major

• Players
  • 4603 battles

View PostOMGNUB, on Apr 11 2012 - 12:21, said:

hull armor pretty much the same they are both weak, turret armor t34 wins, accuracy and aim time lowe wins, damage and penn t34 wins, mobilty t34 wins, dps same, matchmaking lowe wins, gun depression t34 wins by 4 degrees, elevation lowe wins by 2. also t34 turret traverse is horrible and view range is too short for leading a charge

T34 view range might as well say 0...I couldnt see tanks 75m in front of me on the murovanka hill as they pasted my ass with rounds.  These tanks were not TDs, they were Pattons, T110s, T34/85s.....nothing that should have an amazing camo value like that.  Only reason I know what was firing at me was because of my team fighting on that hill.....Once they died...I couldnt see the muzzle break on the end of my gun.

Chief777 #20 Posted Apr 11 2012 - 14:54

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 17745 battles
  • [SGLE] SGLE
Can't go wrong with the Lowe. The gun has better rate of fire, accuracy and pen than the T34.