In-Game Report system

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

SmokeyMedic #1 Posted Apr 12 2012 - 16:14

Corporal

• Players
  • 9559 battles
I enjoy sniper roles or defensive toward base and arty in most of my tank battles and usually what prevails is alot of fast battle tanks eager to be demolished dying and then having hardship by my tank still in battle with no damage, "(Sniper - concealed, defensive role, effective) my opinion" so what usually happens I get pointed out as not playing their role so some not all players but some decide to report my tank as a bot, but I assure you I am effective and hit points to enemy in every battle prove such, is their a way to also penalize those false reporting parties, their has got to be a immense issue with such...  my tier advancement alone and stat's speaks for itself... it get's abit aggravating that some players think all should play this way or that way, its why their tank is quickly destroyed "my opinion" but why falsely accuse of defensive players who care about there tin can as bot's....

Rexxie #2 Posted Apr 12 2012 - 16:24

Major

• Players
  • 29175 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Maybe they are right. I mean, mostly all you play are mediums, and you are definitely doing something wrong by hiding back and defending base with your T-59 or Patton. I'd hate to drag stats into this, but your stats aren't good. They aren't terrible, but you could improve, and not hiding out in the base might help. Just a thought.

As far as them abusing it and saying you are botting, just ignore it. Wargaming is not inclined to look into many cases, but when they do you can be sure they make sure you are actually doing what the reports are saying you are doing. You might not be playing great, but you are sure as hell aren't botting, so don't fret it!

Ironmonger69 #3 Posted Apr 12 2012 - 16:27

Major

• Players
  • 7146 battles
Abusing the in-game reporting system will only hurt the player abusing it.  If people start agressively flagging you WG looks into it.  If there is no infraction, when you do something that is legal (even if it is bad form, say like wide tier platooning), it will be disregarded, and abuse of such will actually flag the player making BS reports as unreliable.  Consequences, as per the devs, are a reduction in available reports from 3 to 2 or 1, or none at all, and completely ignoring unreliable reporters.  So, let them flag you all they want if you've done nothing wrong; it only hurts them in the end.  The in-game reporting isn't automated like the TK system; mods still put eyes on the issue.

Off topic, that was one of the most difficult to read and painful to understand posts I've seen in the last couple of days.  I'm no prosaic writer, but at least break that rambling thing up into comprehensible sentences and use some punctiation.  It won't hurt you, only help you.

Unker #4 Posted Apr 12 2012 - 16:27

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 4789 battles
The only thing their reporting will do is flag an incident to be reviewed.  The review will find nothing and there is no ill effect except them throwing accusations in chat.  I really would not waste too much energy worrying about it.  You will not get banned/warned based only on a player reporting you.

cb1001 #5 Posted Apr 12 2012 - 16:30

Sergeant

• Players
  • 12081 battles
I wouldn't worry about it. The complaints don't do anything unless there's a mod in the match. And as for the game play, make sure your team knows you're sniping and let them know who you're covering.

SmokeyMedic #6 Posted Apr 12 2012 - 16:38

Corporal

• Players
  • 9559 battles

View PostRex_Nex, on Apr 12 2012 - 16:24, said:

Maybe they are right. I mean, mostly all you play are mediums, and you are definitely doing something wrong by hiding back and defending base with your T-59 or Patton. I'd hate to drag stats into this, but your stats aren't good. They aren't terrible, but you could improve, and not hiding out in the base might help. Just a thought.

As far as them abusing it and saying you are botting, just ignore it. Wargaming is not inclined to look into many cases, but when they do you can be sure they make sure you are actually doing what the reports are saying you are doing. You might not be playing great, but you are sure as hell aren't botting, so don't fret it!

off topic - well can understand your thinking, tried that early, often ended up with bigger repair bill and less silver, heck arty likes the support too, but I can take not bad stats, but weak its a matter of opinion... and mine is Heavy is to slow "can't get them into sniper position fast enough"... and my mediums seem to do pretty good at advancing thru their respective tiers...  lolz...

thinhdiezel #7 Posted Apr 12 2012 - 17:53

Sergeant

• Players
  • 17526 battles
Sniping roles??? = camp....
You always get raped after ur team gone right???
If you want to camp go play ur TD,not ur heavy or ur meds....Change ur mind plz,camper always get raped,useless to team..