Wargaming biased?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
62 replies to this topic

teamoldmill #61 Posted Apr 14 2012 - 17:59

Major

• Players
  • 10648 battles

AmurTiger, on Apr 14 2012 - 02:01, said:

Unofficial North American Stats

Tier 7
Heavies: The two tigers bracket all but the AMX M4 which sits on top, likely a product of only experienced players having played it much yet, all heavies are within 1.5% of each other
Mediums: The Panther's second best and the DB is worst for win rate

Tier 8
Heavies: Excluding the recently nerfed AMX 50 100 and the premium tanks they're all sitting at 50.x% with the Ausf A on top and the Tiger II beating out the T32
Mediums: The Panther II is the worst for win rate among tier 8 mediums

Tier 9
Heavies: Excluding the recently nerfed AMX 50 120 they're all sitting at 51.x% with the german tanks sitting between the IS-4 and the T34
Mediums: The E-50 sits between the T-54 and the Patton for win rate with the batchat the outlier

Tier 10
Heavies:  Excluding the recently nerfed AMX 50b they're all sitting at 52.x% with the german tanks sitting on the top and the bottom of the field

I don't have the time to work out other categories but I think this speaks for itself, the Germans are doing average or better overall and aren't doing poorly statistically compared to the other nations that have been around for a while. The French tanks are the obvious outlier but we've seen these adjusted already and I expect that this is a natural consequence of them being new.

I like the "exluding the" part.

They got tiny nerfs. They still crush. That formula is now going for Americans, and soon to be Russians as well. Highly armored tanks with super fast, mega penetration cannon. Germany does not get any.

AmurTiger #62 Posted Apr 16 2012 - 18:32

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 7871 battles

View Postteamoldmill, on Apr 14 2012 - 17:59, said:

They got tiny nerfs. They still crush. That formula is now going for Americans, and soon to be Russians as well. Highly armored tanks with super fast, mega penetration cannon. Germany does not get any.

The statistics suggest that you're either wrong or that getting those particular characteristics isn't as important as you think it is. If you want to include the French tanks go for it but then the data suggests one thing, french tanks are the outlier in being better then everything else, not just German tanks and German tanks fit quite well into the pack.

Regardless of the position of French tanks there's nothing in the win/loss statistics that would suggest that the German tanks are being hard done by which was my point, not that there aren't any outliers as there's a fairly clear case to be made that French tanks were an outlier and while the nerf may fix that it will take time to see how well that works.

Mow_Mow #63 Posted Apr 16 2012 - 18:58

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 11515 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

View Postteamoldmill, on Apr 14 2012 - 17:59, said:

Germany got the love first. Remember when the E-100 made the T30 obsolete? I didn't hear any crying from you about how the formula was going for the Germans.