The Bat Chatillion.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
27 replies to this topic

Zaratank #1 Posted Apr 19 2012 - 21:34

Captain

• Players
  • 7843 battles
I love french tanks. The BatChat really appeals to me and I really want it...But is it worth it? It will be my MBT for clan wars if I continue and get it. Pros, Cons, BatChat hate and love, just need help deciding whether or not continuing for it.(plz dont post comments if you dont play one)

Nerdynoob2 #2 Posted Apr 19 2012 - 21:41

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 22768 battles
BatChat is AMX 13 90+Lorraine, x2, then on steriods.

GenericSoldier #3 Posted Apr 19 2012 - 21:42

Captain

• Players
  • 2414 battles
pros: fast, hits hard

cons: no armor, LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG reload time

Nerdynoob2 #4 Posted Apr 19 2012 - 21:43

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 22768 battles
Another con: bad aim time, accuracy on the move.

SunFlash #5 Posted Apr 19 2012 - 21:50

Major

• Players
  • 22327 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT
the gun on it isn't actually that good, none of that line is.

Camro #6 Posted Apr 19 2012 - 21:55

Corporal

• Players
  • 6035 battles
  • [E-603] E-603
I haven't driven one personally, but I have seen what they are capable of in clan wars and high tier public matches.  They can be monstrous and they can be pushovers.  It all depends.  I hope to get one soon once I finish my current grind.

Zaratank #7 Posted Apr 19 2012 - 21:59

Captain

• Players
  • 7843 battles
Alrighty, this is good information. I heard that they have an 'autoloader' and/or a 'drum'? Forgive my low tank knowledge, but what are autoloaders and drums?(tankwise)

Serbs_Diaper_Fetish #8 Posted Apr 19 2012 - 22:05

Major

• Players
  • 20135 battles
Pros, its a bad ass tank

Cons, Bad Battle Leaders try to use you as a suicide scout

Advantage #9 Posted Apr 20 2012 - 10:43

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 11575 battles
  • [-----] -----

View PostZaratank, on Apr 19 2012 - 21:59, said:

Alrighty, this is good information. I heard that they have an 'autoloader' and/or a 'drum'? Forgive my low tank knowledge, but what are autoloaders and drums?(tankwise)

That question is so basic it makes you lazy (I don't mean to offend you, just offering some advice). I realize you've been away but a little research will answer all of your questions.

A autoloader (what the bat uses) works quite simply. You wait ~ 38 sec for the drum to load. Once the drum is loaded you have 6 shells you can fire with only a short reload time between each shot. Once the drum is spent you have to load another which takes another 38 seconds. While shooting your 6 shells the reload time is ~ 2.7sec. At a average of 300 damage every 2.7 seconds you can deal out 1,800 damage in 16.2 seconds. Of course that doesn't account for crits, etc, etc. :(

In other words the bat can be quite effective. Unfortunately, it's not quite the tank that it used to be before 7.2. But, in the right hands its still a very very powerful tank.

The bat is played like a scout in that if you do it right you will be an asset to your team and it won't cost you your life. At the same time it's capable of killing tier 9 and tier 10s in a single drum.

I've NEVER found the reload time to be a big deal. Plan your escape before you go using up all of your shells. Once I've spent a drum I will generally relocate / scout anyway so the reload while driving is never even noticed.

The bat is basically the tank I play 90% of the time now... It's just too much damn fun. Get in a platoon of 3 of them and it's a riot.

That being said you have to learn the bat to be effective with it. And for some people its just a waste of a tier 9.

Oheson #10 Posted Apr 20 2012 - 19:10

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 14125 battles
The Bat is like having a relationship with a super model that has mental problems.  At times you will be very, very happy and other times you will be very, very unhappy with it.  There is no in-between with the Bat.  You can never just sit back on a Sunday and enjoy watching the game with it.  It has to be the center of attention and always going full out every second.  This leads to extremes.  Extremely good times and extremely bad times.  The Bat will not be a good mother to your children because it has to have all of you attention and always be the life of the party.  If tanks were women, the Bat would be Angelina Jolie.

The T-54 is like a very good looking woman that you have fun with but can also enjoy staying in and watching TV during a rain storm from time to time.  For the most part the T-54 can do all the things a Bat can do but is just not as beautiful.  However, you still have to watch the T-54 because it will leave you if you don't engage with it constantly it will leave you and take half of everything you own.  If tanks were women the T-54 would be Jennifer Lawrence from the Hunger Games.

The Patton is like a decent looking woman who is also a good mother.  With the Patton you will always maintain a even temperament.  The Patton will never leave you stranded.  The Patton will always be there for you putting out solid damage, speed, and looks.  Of course all these characteristics are not as good as the Bat, the T-54, or even the homely E-50.  The Patton can always be trusted.  If tanks were women the Patton would be the character Florence Henderson played in The Brady Bunch, Carol Brady.

The E-50 is like a ugly woman who does not really care for you but will put up with you because she can not go anywhere else.  She does not really like you but will always be there to put together that new entertainment cabinet for you or paint your house.  You can trust her only in so far as someone else does not take her in.  She may slap you around from time to time but will stay with you because she is not very attractive.  If tanks were women the E-50 would be a East German woman athlete.

So there you have it.  You will develop a love-hate relationship with the Bat because the only thing you can count on it to do is be bipolar.  Stay drunk with it and just enjoy the ride.  However, keep in mind that the party can not last forever.

Grendel61 #11 Posted Apr 20 2012 - 19:19

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 42978 battles
  • [XCOM] XCOM
I sold my BatChat after the 7.2 nerf...don't think I was ever that good with it but the nerf bat they beat it with made it unbearable for load times, aiming, and long inter-drum shots.  I have much more fun, and much higher win rate, with the Lorraine.  In my book, the bat having only 100 more hp than the lorraine is just plain dumb...on top of the paper thin armor.  NO other tank like has that little difference between is tier 8 and 9 tanks.

GrackleTooth #12 Posted Apr 21 2012 - 05:03

Corporal

• Players
  • 15566 battles
I use guerrilla tactics hit hard and run away. Always have an escape route planed.

Oh and get ready to get called a pussy a lot because you don't face hug and brawl.

GrackleTooth #13 Posted Apr 21 2012 - 06:04

Corporal

• Players
  • 15566 battles
Oh one more thing the Bat is the funnest tank I've played. I really enjoy playing it. Its like driving a sports car...with a 100mm cannon.

odinbudd #14 Posted Apr 25 2012 - 04:02

Private

• Players
  • 3724 battles

View PostOheson, on Apr 20 2012 - 19:10, said:

The Bat is like having a relationship with a super model that has mental problems.  At times you will be very, very happy and other times you will be very, very unhappy with it.  There is no in-between with the Bat.  You can never just sit back on a Sunday and enjoy watching the game with it.  It has to be the center of attention and always going full out every second.  This leads to extremes.  Extremely good times and extremely bad times.  The Bat will not be a good mother to your children because it has to have all of you attention and always be the life of the party.  If tanks were women, the Bat would be Angelina Jolie.

The T-54 is like a very good looking woman that you have fun with but can also enjoy staying in and watching TV during a rain storm from time to time.  For the most part the T-54 can do all the things a Bat can do but is just not as beautiful.  However, you still have to watch the T-54 because it will leave you if you don't engage with it constantly it will leave you and take half of everything you own.  If tanks were women the T-54 would be Jennifer Lawrence from the Hunger Games.

The Patton is like a decent looking woman who is also a good mother.  With the Patton you will always maintain a even temperament.  The Patton will never leave you stranded.  The Patton will always be there for you putting out solid damage, speed, and looks.  Of course all these characteristics are not as good as the Bat, the T-54, or even the homely E-50.  The Patton can always be trusted.  If tanks were women the Patton would be the character Florence Henderson played in The Brady Bunch, Carol Brady.

The E-50 is like a ugly woman who does not really care for you but will put up with you because she can not go anywhere else.  She does not really like you but will always be there to put together that new entertainment cabinet for you or paint your house.  You can trust her only in so far as someone else does not take her in.  She may slap you around from time to time but will stay with you because she is not very attractive.  If tanks were women the E-50 would be a East German woman athlete.

So there you have it.  You will develop a love-hate relationship with the Bat because the only thing you can count on it to do is be bipolar.  Stay drunk with it and just enjoy the ride.  However, keep in mind that the party can not last forever.

I laughed so hard at this! Great post Sir! :lol:

Vector03 #15 Posted Apr 25 2012 - 06:50

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 13632 battles
The Bat is indeed temperamental to say the least. It either treats you like a king, or spits in your face XD  Like some people, I've had a much better time in my Lorraine thus far. The nerfs, which weren't really necessary imo, haven't made any of the French lights or meds unusable per se, they just require that much more skill to play now. When played right, the Bat is probably one of the most fun tanks, but for me at least, it's much more difficult to play it right than the Lorraine. I believe this is similar to my conundrum with the Ferdi and JT. I do much better in the Ferdi because I believe it's much better for it's tier.

zephoid #16 Posted Apr 26 2012 - 18:34

Captain

• Players
  • 20263 battles
one problem no one else has mentioned: 30 shells. No matter how well you do, you can rarely change the course of a battle significantly. You can survive the whole time, killing 3-4 tanks, but you will end the game with no shells, no ability to ram, and just able to drive around and get shot.  

overall, i think the batchat is a downgrade from the lorane. Same gun, only 9s off the load time and a slight bit off the inter-round time, and the lorane is actually better at accelerating and turning. The lorane is good at its teir, the batchat is just surpassed by almost every other teir 9 med in terms of ability to do what a medium should be able to do. It has the ablitiy to 1 burst a teir 8, but in a 1v1 fight the batchat does not have the ability to kill other teir 9 meds.

I would take my T54 in any battle over my batchat. Im with a lot of people here, its almost bad enough to make me want to sell it.

Advantage #17 Posted Apr 26 2012 - 19:08

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 11575 battles
  • [-----] -----
Zephoid, you have 68 games in the bat. I don't think that puts you in a position to comment on how effective it is. You're just learning how to play it.

You obviously learned how to play your Lorraine well but haven't figured out the bat. That's fine but don't go discouraging this guy for nothing.

The idea that a Bat cant handle other tier 9 mediums is a joke. The fact of the matter is if I see ANY tank by its self I'm going to go kill it.

HeroEnVec #18 Posted Apr 26 2012 - 20:57

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 34713 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN
For a good player, 68 games is plenty to understand a tank... especially if he maxed it out early on.  So you are saying 6 rounds from a batchat will kill the other T9 mediums?  I doubt that.  In a brawl, the batchat has no chance against a decent (insert T9 medium) tank driver... but then again, brawling isn't what the Batchat is for.  So the whole argument is useless.  Also, I think "any tank" is a HUGE stretch to say the least.

alexsyl007 #19 Posted Apr 26 2012 - 21:26

Major

• Players
  • 19439 battles

View PostOheson, on Apr 20 2012 - 19:10, said:

I made the mistake of reading this with my wife beside me......guess what happened? :blink: .........I now have to buy the Patton....... <_<

Advantage #20 Posted Apr 27 2012 - 11:14

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 11575 battles
  • [-----] -----

View PostHeroEnVec, on Apr 26 2012 - 20:57, said:

For a good player, 68 games is plenty to understand a tank... especially if he maxed it out early on.  So you are saying 6 rounds from a batchat will kill the other T9 mediums?  I doubt that.  In a brawl, the batchat has no chance against a decent (insert T9 medium) tank driver... but then again, brawling isn't what the Batchat is for.  So the whole argument is useless.  Also, I think "any tank" is a HUGE stretch to say the least.

I agree that in 68 games you can understand the handling of a tank but that doesn't mean you know where to put it on the map at the right time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users