To the Wiki editors

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

ElvenLord #1 Posted Apr 20 2012 - 03:03

Major

• Players
  • 14620 battles
  • [LABS] LABS
Since I do not know how to edit a Wiki could one of you help please? I would like to see on the Wiki for each upgradeable tank a star or other icon next to the modules that have to be researched in order to be able to research the next tank. Other than that great job guys.

UnknownChemistry #2 Posted Apr 20 2012 - 03:05

Major

• Veteran Testers
  • 17201 battles
  • [FOXEY] FOXEY
Well we do have the WOT database which does that. I just hope it wouldn't be too much work for our editors if they decide to implement such a feature.

_Ruffles_ #3 Posted Apr 20 2012 - 03:23

Major

• Players
  • 7208 battles

View PostKnightmare93, on Apr 20 2012 - 03:05, said:

Well we do have the WOT database which does that. I just hope it wouldn't be too much work for our editors if they decide to implement such a feature.

Here ya go OP
http://www.wotdb.info/

Snib #4 Posted Apr 22 2012 - 14:25

First lieutenant

• Wiki Staff
  • 23 battles
I can imagine many things that might be useful to add, but what would this one here be useful for? To calculate how much free XP you'll need to skip past a tank? Just trying to understand.

ElvenLord #5 Posted Apr 22 2012 - 20:44

Major

• Players
  • 14620 battles
  • [LABS] LABS
There seem to be a lot of people who want to know how much exp it would take to get a specific tank. This generally occurs when a revision happens and they want to get to the tanks taht are going to be revised. When I go to the Wiki to try and help them by telling the absolute minimum exp that they would need to accomplish what they want, I then realize that I have to open the game in order to see the tech tree to find the modules required for advancement. I think that it would help to have this as an off game resource for those that try to help around the forum.

Nytherr #6 Posted Apr 23 2012 - 05:39

First lieutenant

• Wiki Staff
  • 7018 battles
  • [ANZUS] ANZUS
I think that website is meant for that.

Snib #7 Posted Apr 23 2012 - 12:38

First lieutenant

• Wiki Staff
  • 23 battles

View PostElvenLord, on Apr 22 2012 - 20:44, said:

There seem to be a lot of people who want to know how much exp it would take to get a specific tank. This generally occurs when a revision happens and they want to get to the tanks taht are going to be revised. When I go to the Wiki to try and help them by telling the absolute minimum exp that they would need to accomplish what they want, I then realize that I have to open the game in order to see the tech tree to find the modules required for advancement. I think that it would help to have this as an off game resource for those that try to help around the forum.
Fair enough. We had been discussing various ways how to display minimum/maximum XP needed after I added individual XP requirements only recently. It's not as easy with a static resource like a wiki as opposed to a dedicated site like the one linked above.

I think we've currently settled on adding screenshots of the individual tank research pages instead, but I wouldn't expect that to happen before 0.7.3, which incidentally should also be the last patch moving tanks around, so the reason you are asking would be going away with that patch.

We'll discuss your idea of marking modules required to be researched for advancement in some way, I'm ambivalent personally.

ElvenLord #8 Posted Apr 23 2012 - 21:30

Major

• Players
  • 14620 battles
  • [LABS] LABS

View PostSnib, on Apr 23 2012 - 12:38, said:

Fair enough. We had been discussing various ways how to display minimum/maximum XP needed after I added individual XP requirements only recently. It's not as easy with a static resource like a wiki as opposed to a dedicated site like the one linked above.

I think we've currently settled on adding screenshots of the individual tank research pages instead, but I wouldn't expect that to happen before 0.7.3, which incidentally should also be the last patch moving tanks around, so the reason you are asking would be going away with that patch.

We'll discuss your idea of marking modules required to be researched for advancement in some way, I'm ambivalent personally.

Okay either way. I just figured that I would ask. I also did not realize that after 7.3 no more tank movements would happen.

Trifler #9 Posted Apr 27 2012 - 06:48

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 9310 battles
  • [VAST] VAST
We could add it to the Thoughts and Suggestions panels that are going in. I think that'd be a lot easier and less ugly than trying to add a star to the table.

Jiri_Starrider #10 Posted Apr 27 2012 - 19:02

Major

• Wiki Staff
  • 6860 battles
  • [TB] TB
While I would love to make the Wiki one stop shopping, it's not feasible to provide the same "character calculator" found on so many MMO's sites within the limits of wiki code. WOTDB is currently your best bet for that. The ability to add that functionality is being looked into, but is a long range idea.

In the short term however we are planning on adding images of all the tanks individual research trees. While non interactive, they will show the path to the next tank.

nachosandchez #11 Posted May 14 2012 - 00:33

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3011 battles
half bad idea,half good idea. :Smile_harp: