You Ask, We Reply – April 19, 2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
124 replies to this topic

lord_farquad #1 Posted Apr 20 2012 - 17:35

Private

• Players
  • 15385 battles
The devs respond to player questions on physics, premiums, new game modes and more!

Read more!

EKSKnight #2 Posted Apr 20 2012 - 18:36

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 8396 battles
OK...I'm sure you've already heard about "invisitank" problems specifically from people who don't understand the game mechanics. But I DO understand the rules and mechanics of the game, so please explain this scenario to me. I am facing north w/a big rock in front of me for cover. suddenly i am hit from the west but i see nothing. I turn to the west anyway expecting to see him soon whereupon i am shot again. Then, 2-3 full seconds later, the guy shooting me appears before my eyes about 50-100m away, standing perfectly still and w/absolutely NOTHING between he and I. Doesn't firing a shot from 100m w/out cover reveal your position instantly?...cuz i know for **** sure it does when I shoot at somthing...i get spotted sometimes when i am perfectly still w/a camo net on and the whole crew is at 100% camo!!! so WTF?!! I am playing the game at about 40fps w/a ping around 90-100. The previously described scenario happens to me far to often and it is extremely annoying. As in I am considering not playing anymore. I am not making hackusations I'm just very frustrated. Any help would be greatly appreciated thankyou:)

kmkwarrior #3 Posted Apr 20 2012 - 19:22

Private

• Players
  • 3891 battles
Got a very important question, Why does the match making system in this game suck so bad??? Will it ever be fixed??? Fighting E-100s and IS-4s in a T-50 gets old after awhile. Kinda hard to earn credits and exp to get the next best tank on the tech tree if you die in the first minute or so in the battle.

SULOMON #4 Posted Apr 20 2012 - 22:41

Major

• Players
  • 6853 battles
What update is the sturmtiger and the T-35 going to show up in?

Mad_Marvin #5 Posted Apr 21 2012 - 00:08

Private

• Players
  • 2223 battles
  • [BOSAF] BOSAF
ok question is i'm like 177,000 in the ranking out of how many?
thats all nothing serious

Vyviel #6 Posted Apr 21 2012 - 02:22

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8539 battles
When will you add the Mercenary feature to Clan Wars? There have been a lot of patches recently but you have not added any new significant features to Clan Wars.

MrHittman #7 Posted Apr 21 2012 - 05:28

Corporal

• Players
  • 65 battles
Do you have any plans to deal with AFK players?  They're showing up in about 10% of the games (probably more, that's just a rough hash mark count on my own side).  They've got lots of excuses, but we're tired of them.  There should be some form of "training" to discourage such behavior.  

I'd suggest no exp or credits and a 2x repair bill the first time (which wouldn't hurt anyone too badly.)  The next time, 5x repair bill.  Every time after that, 10x.  Do a reset if they go, say, 50 battles without going AFK.  

Another suggestion I've seen is to let the last player killed and still watching the game jump into the AFK tank.  They'd get any credit and xP, and the tank owner would pay for repairs and ammo.  If someone doesn't take the offer after, say, 10 seconds, it get's offered to the next player in the battle, and so on. I'm guessing that would be difficult to implement.

AFK should also be a reporting selection.  

This has become a serious problem that is affecting the game.  Please do something about it.

This has become a fairly serious issue which ruins the game all too frequently.

soluuloi #8 Posted Apr 21 2012 - 06:50

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles
Now with all of the new changes, when will the whole line of german tank, not only heavies, get buffed? It is too obvious that they are the weakest now. I dont want to see your smile, just give me the answer!

RoryC1 #9 Posted Apr 21 2012 - 09:19

Private

• Players
  • 6748 battles
Sorry i didnt mean to post to your question.

Faren #10 Posted Apr 21 2012 - 11:58

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Will tier X russian TD Object 268 ever appear in WoT? In my opinion meds and tank destroyers of X tier is great idea, im looking forward to see T95 medium tank or else tanks designs from late 50s.

lpmaster #11 Posted Apr 21 2012 - 16:03

Major

• Players
  • 8525 battles

View PostEKSKnight, on Apr 20 2012 - 18:36, said:

OK...I'm sure you've already heard about "invisitank" problems specifically from people who don't understand the game mechanics. But I DO understand the rules and mechanics of the game, so please explain this scenario to me. I am facing north w/a big rock in front of me for cover. suddenly i am hit from the west but i see nothing. I turn to the west anyway expecting to see him soon whereupon i am

shot again. Then, 2-3 full seconds later, the guy shooting
me appears before my eyes about 50-100m away, standing
perfectly still and w/absolutely NOTHING between he and I.
Doesn't firing a shot from 100m w/out cover reveal your
position instantly?...cuz i know for **** sure it does when I
shoot at somthing...i get spotted sometimes when i am
perfectly still w/a camo net on and the whole crew is at
100% camo!!! so WTF?!! I am playing the game at about
40fps w/a ping around 90-100. The previously described
scenario happens to me far to often and it is extremely
annoying. As in I am considering not playing anymore. I am
not making hackusations I'm just very frustrated. Any help
would be greatly appreciated thankyou:)

I have this problem literally every game. Even tanks that are the same to me (M2MT) can see farther than me but I have the second turret

lpmaster #12 Posted Apr 21 2012 - 16:05

Major

• Players
  • 8525 battles
Post was flawed. I have invisitank every game. BUT, I can see tanks on the other side of a mountain. Logic fail much?

BanditFly #13 Posted Apr 21 2012 - 17:57

Private

• Players
  • 4893 battles
It would be nice if we were given the option to choose certain maps that we can opt-out of playing.  My first choice would be Province!  Would this ever be considered by the dev team?

chunkypig12047 #14 Posted Apr 21 2012 - 21:05

Private

• Players
  • 2913 battles
There should be a Tank Auction House in this game so people can sell tank with the mods on them at their own price and maybe even buy cheap tanks and so owners of a premium tank could see their tanks got gold or credits. Is there any development in creating a Tank Auction House?

wheeled_tank #15 Posted Apr 21 2012 - 23:29

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 3780 battles
Will you fix the BDR's repair? when you die, it makes 7000 and takes 4000 to repair. the KV(1) makes 9000(when destroyed) and takes 2500 to repair.

egikov #16 Posted Apr 22 2012 - 00:00

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 20606 battles
Are you going to put tier 10 TDs and mediums? If so, when? If not why?
Why you can't make turrets on M36 and M18 rotate with historical speed?
What is the progress with historical game mode?

wheeled_tank #17 Posted Apr 22 2012 - 00:16

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 3780 battles

View Postegikov, on Apr 22 2012 - 00:00, said:

Are you going to put tier 10 TDs and mediums? If so, when? If not why?
Why you can't make turrets on M36 and M18 rotate with historical speed?
What is the progress with historical game mode?
then they would be overpowered and couldnt be outmaneuvered

Turook #18 Posted Apr 22 2012 - 00:49

Private

• Players
  • 7234 battles
  • [HONOR] HONOR
I am wondering what the Devs are going to do regarding the hacks that are appearing with more frequency in the game?
There is a website (not going to link it for fear even more people will start using it) that you can download a hack pack that allows:
Shooting through walls, Tanks Ghosting (invisible on Radar)(and by sight till very close range), Instant reload, Double XP at all times,Etc.
I can verify as well as some others in my clan that some of these are definetly working as well as a few other anomalies we have picked up.
E.G. Single shot killed in my IS3 (from full HP) by KV/Stug in the front at over 200meters with the ammo rack not being hit.
Heavy tanks rolling through an area at beginning of game where even a scout would be hard pressed to get to in the same time.

I am regretting now the amount of money I have spent to have a premium account and definetly will not be spending another cent on the game until these issues are fixed. I know of 3-4 clan members that have stopped playing because of this. What are the devs doing to get the hacks stopped? If the Devs want further information on the website location, they know what my email address is, send a request through there and I will reply with it.

(I have actually made the decision today to stop playing the game completely due to the above issues and because of the bullshit French tanks. It is only the people that play them that defend them (I also play them and find them wrong in so many ways)and I am sick of my games only lasting 2-3 minutes due to some AMX coming around a corner and killing me before I and my team member( I never go into an area alone) can take it out. I'll check back every other month to see if the autoloaders have been taken out or if the French can be one shot. I find it funny that I can hit a AMX 12t at point blank range with my M41 (155mm Gun) get a message that I have hit it and no damage happens to it, it two shots me and drives off like it was swatting an annoying fly.) When WoT starts being a little more realistic and less like Science fiction (Someone please show me where the BatChat 25t ever existed even on a piece of paper) I may come to play again.

TheFishlord #19 Posted Apr 22 2012 - 04:15

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 35645 battles
Currently the crew perk Brothers in Arms remains in effect even after a crew member dies in battle - is this intentional, or are you planning on changing it?

In 7.2, new players go through a tutorial that gives them an M3 Stuart Lend Lease as a prize for completing it. Is this ever going to be available for people who have been playing too long to have been able to do the tutorial?

DeathA3R0 #20 Posted Apr 22 2012 - 05:48

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 19240 battles
Yes, My questions is, When will physics be implemented in the game? Do you have an estimated patch or is that unknown?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users