A Guide on the T110E5

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
60 replies to this topic

_Mcburn_ #1 Posted Apr 22 2012 - 23:19

Major

• Players
  • 15194 battles
Note from the Author: I confess, my WR in the T110E5 is not very high compared to some (only 60%), but this is more or less due to the fact I am a solo-pub players. Ok fine, and a string of bad luck in 5x/3x exp resulting in 16 straight defeats. I haven't had the guts to touch it since. Of course, I could platoon, but platooning for high WR makes me feel dirty.

I have left WoT, so the guide is only good up to 7.4, although, if anyone wants to continue on while adding things for 7.5, they're free to just copy and paste. I really don't want to see this go to waste.

Spoiler                     

Input From Readers

Dravin

Commander 110%: BIA, Sixth Sense, Mentor, Repair (81%)
Gunner 121%: BIA, Snap Shot, Armor, Repair (81%)
Driver 121%: BIA, Smooth Ride, Clutch Breaking, Repair (81%)
Loader 121%: BIA, Safe Stowage, Repair, Camouflage (81%)
Wet Ammo Rack, Gun Rammer, Crew Vent

I also use Wet Ammo Rack instead of a Vert Stabalizer... the already small aim time coupled with Snap Shot skill i find 50% more hit points to the ammo rack way more beneficial (62.5% increase with Safe Stowage perk). I have over 600 battles in my 110 and carry around 69-70% win ratio in pub matches, i have over 9k battles and carry a 67-68% win ratio overall so the 110 is just above my overall average.

Also, not sure if you 110 drivers have noticed this or not but the tank very rarely ever catches on fire, i use a gold FE in mine (i stock up on gold FE when they have 50% off sales) and that may have some to do with it hardly ever catching fire (gold FE gives a -10 chance of fire) BUT... on test server over the weekend i ran about 150 matches on my 110 using Coca-Cola (10% crew skills) instead of the gold FE and i was very impressed... not only did it reduce the reload time to 7.36, it also helped with aiming time and overall tank performance... i could tell a noticeable difference and i never once caught fire, so the trade off is pretty nice if you can afford Coca-Cola (50 gold per match). If you do ever catch fire though, you will pay the full price.

My Response to Dravin

Wet Ammo Rack is a good substitute for Vertical Stabilizer, I don't see any issues that would arise from this choice. Also, thank you for bringing my attention to the Brothers in Arms skill. I ACTUALLY did not know it existed. You also talk about a bunch of other things that I found helpful or to be missing in my guide. So thanks. Changing my guide as of April 23rd 2012.

Oh ah guys, since his WR is higher than mine, you might want to take his advice over mine, he probably knows what he's talking about. But I'm a die hard for vertical stabilizers.

lostwingman

You need to add a poll for crew skills and equipment. I would say consumables but...meh.
Edit: Also I disagree some with your equipment loadouts. I use the same load out on the T110 that I used on the Pershing and Patton. Rammer, Vert Stab, and Optics.
Rammer to ram.
Optics because I don't sit still anywhere long enough to get benefit out of the binocs. I like playing aggressive and that little bit of view range when your rushing to save a flank or push an attack can be a real life saver. With Optics + Recon that gives me ~450 view range @ 100% crew, so I'll be able to keep most things within my guns reach spotted while moving or still anyway.
Vert Stab, this was the last one I got. I was thinking vents but decided to wait. After a while I found though that I was waiting up to 4-5 seconds for the reticle to shrink to min after stopping, which was about 1 or 2 seconds longer than it takes me to put my reticle on target (assuming in sniper vision and aiming at a weakspot ie E-75 lower glacis). I put Vert Stab on it and no longer do I have to wait. I just stop and pop and keep moving.

My Response to lostwingman

There are two reasons why I don't agree with your setup, the use of Recon as a crew skill (not much use in my opinion). But the optics? That would be a good alternative to binoculars, better for a more offensive sort of sniper build, so I'll add that.

zelot08

1 thing i dont agree on ur post is u called it "support tank". There is no such thing for a Heavy Tank to called as support. I suggest to change or erase this word to our US heavy tank. Support is applicable only in Arti or SPG.

"z" / Ic

My response to zelot08

What is a support role? The aid, or back-up, am I right? By this logic, almost any tank in this game could be seen as a support tank, but some tanks are better geared towards it than others, like the T110E5. But not once did I ever say that it was a support tank. I made it clear in this guide that it was a multi-role tank, yes, I followed up this statement by saying that the T110E5 was very welled geared towards support, and should support first before leading a charge, but only when a good opportunity arises or when there is no one around to do it.

Although there are many reasons as to why the T110E5 is best supporting first, the main one would have to be the pathetic side armour of the T110E5. Let's look at the Maus and IS-7 first, what makes them such good offensive or charge leader tanks? It's the general good distribution of armour, more so in the Maus than the Is-7, but the IS-7 makes up with this for far better frontal armour and speed. They don't have to worry about being flanked by fast tanks and having their sides punched through like Swiss cheese, but the T110E5 does.

Now, please don't misunderstand me. The T110E5 is not UP, the cheese armour on the rear and sides is necessary in order to maintain a decent balance. The T110E5 is already a very good tank even with those disadvantages, and if it didn't have them, it would've literally been an American Maus, only with more firepower (RoF/Pen/Accuracy/DPM).

Vandelay

First, let me say thanks for this great guide. I enjoyed the read. Now...

There is no way I'm agreeing with my honourable clanmate on replacing the vert stab with a wet ammo rack. If anything, I think he should be replacing the vents.

For the record, so far I have played 115 games in the T110 with a 78% win rate. I don't have the experience Dravin does, but I think I have a grasp on how this tank works.

The M103 really needed the ammo rack because every man and his dog could pen your turret precisely where the ammo racks were located. I got really frustrated with getting ammo rack damage multiple times per game, so I fitted a WAR for the first time in my 8 months playing this game.

I don't feel as though the T110 has the same ammo rack problems the M103 does. I got the ammo rack durability perk to 100% after about 80 games playing the T110, so that has helped as well. Since getting it, I probably get ammo rack damage once every 10 games, and really only if I show the side of my tank. It is very rare for me to get ammo rack damage twice in one match.

But yeah, the vertical stabiliser provides such a marked improvement in gun dispersion that it cannot be ignored. This tank is all about getting quick shots off, whether it be quickly stopping to snipe someone while moving from position to position, or peeking out and shooting very quickly from around a corner, then getting back into cover. Either way, the vert stab is quite essential in my opinion.

So what am I running?

1. Vent
2. Rammer
3. Vert stab

As for crew skills, I have been running the following with some success:

Commander: 1. Repair 2. Mentor 3. Camouflage
Gunner: 1. Repair 2. Armourer 3. Camouflage
Driver: 1. Repair 2. Clutch Braking 3. Camouflage
Loader: 1. Repair 2. Safe Stowage 3. Camouflage

Now, a quick explanation.

For my commander, I intend to respec him to get Sixth Sense very soon. I used Mentor because I wanted to get to the third skill as fast as possible. Now that I have Camouflage, Sixth Sense is even more useful.

For my gunner, I got Armourer. Why? I find that many shots hit my gun, and even though they bounce off, they leave the gun broken. This has happened enough that I feel like Armourer is worth having. It probably makes the effect of having a broken gun about half as bad. I find this skill useful.

For my driver, Clutch Braking. I've read Fatkiddown's guide, and while it may not be that effective, it's probably the best skill there. It just makes the turning that little bit better.

For the loader, Safe Stowage is the obvious option.

Why not BIA? Personally, I don't feel that a small bonus to everything is worth the loss of obviously useful skills like Sixth Sense, Armourer and Safe Stowage. The tank drives fine as is, so I feel as though the second skills are best spent managing the disasters that can happen during an actual game.

As for consumables, I am running the following:

1. Repair kit
2. First aid kit
3. 100-octane fuel

As you can see, my setup is based around having an extremely manoeuvrable heavy tank. Superior positioning is king in this tank. I play it a lot like my Patton and I would like to think I have the results to back it up.

Either way, the T110 is a fantastic tank that rewards skilled playing. Driven well, it can be a monster capable of taking down entire teams.

My response to Vandelay

I agree with this whole-heartedly, maybe not about the 100-octane fuel as much, but still a viable option since T110E5 doesn't get caught on fire very much at all. LISTEN TO THE MAN. HE'S GOT A 78% WIN RATE!

Edited by Kewei, Aug 03 2012 - 02:45.

rinying #2 Posted Apr 22 2012 - 23:37

Major

• Players
  • 11427 battles
this thread will be helpful when i finally grind my t34 to get the 6 mil for the t110e :) +!

upnorth #3 Posted Apr 23 2012 - 00:14

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 24419 battles
love how tracks eat everything and look like the people who walk into a fast food place and never walk around and how when i peak around a corner and my armor it at a 160 ish degree angle they still shoot

Yankee_Rhapsody #4 Posted Apr 23 2012 - 01:06

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 9937 battles
Mine was apparently not issued these shell eating tracks

KnightFandragon #5 Posted Apr 23 2012 - 02:05

Major

• Players
  • 4617 battles
My M103 tracks atleast nibble on the shells a little before they let it pen.

634089 #6 Posted Apr 23 2012 - 03:41

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 14598 battles
Very nice +1. Look forward to getting mine. Last 100k. How do you feel about its Clan War ability. I hear it doesn't fill a niche making it a more all round tank

iHuntTanks #7 Posted Apr 23 2012 - 04:50

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 23334 battles
Just so you know, it IS possible to get hit through the mantlet.
An IS-4 and a Jagdtiger have both shot at me, penetrated the mantlet and done some damage to me in my T110, but I think they were using gold rounds/lucky.

ice101v #8 Posted Apr 23 2012 - 06:25

Major

• Players
  • 10361 battles
I honestly think the camo skill isn't that great, sure its the smallest tank next to the is7 but I think you get a better use out of bothers in arms as it improves all your skills.

jiqwe #9 Posted Apr 23 2012 - 13:34

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles
http://www.interbankforex.info/kv.gif

Dravin #10 Posted Apr 23 2012 - 16:28

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 18317 battles
  • [LEMON] LEMON
Very nice write up OP. I enjoyed reading it, I do however have to disagree with your crew skill selections, this is what i have in my 110...

Commander 110%: BIA, Sixth Sense, Mentor, Repair (81%)
Gunner 121%: BIA, Snap Shot, Armor, Repair (81%)
Driver 121%: BIA, Smooth Ride, Clutch Breaking, Repair (81%)
Loader 121%: BIA, Safe Stowage, Repair, Camouflage (81%)
Wet Ammo Rack, Gun Rammer, Crew Vent

I also use Wet Ammo Rack instead of a Vert Stabalizer... the already small aim time coupled with Snap Shot skill i find 50% more hit points to the ammo rack way more beneficial (62.5% increase with Safe Stowage perk). I have over 600 battles in my 110 and carry around 69-70% win ratio in pub matches, i have over 9k battles and carry a 67-68% win ratio overall so the 110 is just above my overall average.

Also, not sure if you 110 drivers have noticed this or not but the tank very rarely ever catches on fire, i use a gold FE in mine (i stock up on gold FE when they have 50% off sales) and that may have some to do with it hardly ever catching fire (gold FE gives a -10 chance of fire) BUT... on test server over the weekend i ran about 150 matches on my 110 using Coca-Cola (10% crew skills) instead of the gold FE and i was very impressed... not only did it reduce the reload time to 7.36, it also helped with aiming time and overall tank performance... i could tell a noticeable difference and i never once caught fire, so the trade off is pretty nice if you can afford Coca-Cola (50 gold per match). If you do ever catch fire though, you will pay the full price.

Your strats against other tier 10 tanks are pretty much dead on, nice work. As far as some people saying the tank is OP, i have to disagree with them... i think the tank is just fine the way it is and after playing 100 battles in the new is-4 tier 10 on test IF they ever do nerf the 110 i will retire it and start driving the is-4. In my opinion the is-4 is equal to the 110, it is a very good tank with 370/440 gun and decent armor, if they nerf the 110 the is-4 will clearly replace.

Hope some of you find this info helpful. :)

giveen #11 Posted Apr 23 2012 - 17:37

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13585 battles
  • [SAKE] SAKE
I have often wondered why I get penetrated in the mantle but thinking about it now, I assume the enemy probably pops a gold round just for me because its the only way they can get my front.

paradat #12 Posted Apr 23 2012 - 18:12

Major

• Players
  • 34758 battles
  • [TBW] TBW
Excellent post! +1 , Really appreciated the info on the IS7. I drive the IS7 and the T110 and In my T110 IS7 is the tank I have the most trouble defeating.

skeetr72 #13 Posted Apr 24 2012 - 07:30

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 7646 battles
  • [T-W-C] T-W-C
thanks, been needing help with this one. stupid me kept trying to play it as a US heavy.

zelot08 #14 Posted Apr 25 2012 - 00:45

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 11094 battles
  • [JAV] JAV
1 thing i dont agree on ur post is u called it "support tank". There is no such thing for a Heavy Tank to called as support. I suggest to change or erase this word to our US heavy tank. Support is applicable only in Arti or SPG.

"z" / Ic

lostwingman #15 Posted Apr 25 2012 - 00:49

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 22762 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
You need to add a poll for crew skills and equipment. I would say consumables but...meh.
Edit: Also I disagree some with your equipment loadouts. I use the same load out on the T110 that I used on the Pershing and Patton. Rammer, Vert Stab, and Optics.
Rammer to ram.
Optics because I don't sit still anywhere long enough to get benefit out of the binocs. I like playing aggressive and that little bit of view range when your rushing to save a flank or push an attack can be a real life saver. With Optics + Recon that gives me ~450 view range @ 100% crew, so I'll be able to keep most things within my guns reach spotted while moving or still anyway.
Vert Stab, this was the last one I got. I was thinking vents but decided to wait. After a while I found though that I was waiting up to 4-5 seconds for the reticle to shrink to min after stopping, which was about 1 or 2 seconds longer than it takes me to put my reticle on target (assuming in sniper vision and aiming at a weakspot ie E-75 lower glacis). I put Vert Stab on it and no longer do I have to wait. I just stop and pop and keep moving.

PHOENIX_ONE #16 Posted Apr 25 2012 - 02:10

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 222 battles
  • [MIA] MIA
Pretty good, but I choose repair as the first crew skill instead of BIA, is that OK?

lostwingman #17 Posted Apr 25 2012 - 02:14

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 22762 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostPHOENIX_ONE, on Apr 25 2012 - 02:10, said:

Pretty good, but I choose repair as the first crew skill instead of BIA, is that OK?

I don't have BiA on any of my tanks. Too many useful driver skills in comparison.

_Mcburn_ #18 Posted Apr 25 2012 - 02:30

Major

• Players
  • 15194 battles

View Postlostwingman, on Apr 25 2012 - 02:14, said:

I don't have BiA on any of my tanks. Too many useful driver skills in comparison.

Actually no, they're all sort of worthless (Preventative Maintenance, since it works by decreasing chance of fire by a percentage and not a hard value like extinguisher), or not usable by the T110E5 as well as others. BiA at least gives you a boost the equivalent of an Improved Ventilation equipment. Camouflage works well if you want to snipe, but isn't as valuable to a T110E5 (despite it being a good sniper), since there are very few situations where you can actually use the skill to its best advantage, I still use it though, but more out of preference than for any real reason. I would recommend Dravin's set up.

http://forum.worldof...2-skills-perks/

lostwingman #19 Posted Apr 25 2012 - 02:36

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 22762 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostKewei, on Apr 25 2012 - 02:30, said:

Actually no, they're all sort of worthless (Preventative Maintenance, since it works by decreasing chance of fire by a percentage and not a hard value like extinguisher), or not usable by the T110E5 as well as others. BiA at least gives you a boost the equivalent of an Improved Ventilation equipment. Camouflage works well if you want to snipe, but isn't as valuable to a T110E5 (despite it being a good sniper), since there are very few situations where you can actually use the skill to its best advantage, I still use it though, but more out of preference than for any real reason. I would recommend Dravin's set up.

http://forum.worldof...2-skills-perks/

That's a bit fallacious of you by jumping right first to the most useless of the driver skills. I meant clutch braking, Off road driving, and smooth ride. That's 3 skills there not including repair, which is pretty much a requirement in a heavy that tier. Given that I only am on my third crew skill on the T110 I see no room for BiA until at least the 4th crew skill, at which point I would probably gold retrain my crew or wait for another reset. Maybe.

Looking at Dravin's set up, it appears what he did was something similar to what I said, except he probably used the 7.2 reset and not gold to do that. Still confident in leaving out BiA, I just don't see it as anything other than a "can't think of anything else to put on" equip like vents was.
Also just noticed he uses Mentor on his Commander instead of Recon, I find that a little strange. For me, since I lose my view finder often (lol idky but I do) that 20% boost to a broken one can really help keep you from being blind. Then again I kinda prioritize view range on my setup über alles. That's really the only major difference I see in his setup over mine. If I had had 4 skills when 7.2 hit I would have probably thrown BiA too, but given that I only had 3 skills I had other things to prioritize.

_Mcburn_ #20 Posted Apr 25 2012 - 02:45

Major

• Players
  • 15194 battles

View Postlostwingman, on Apr 25 2012 - 02:36, said:

That's a bit fallacious of you by jumping right first to the most useless of the driver skills. I meant clutch braking, Off road driving, and smooth ride. That's 3 skills there not including repair, which is pretty much a requirement in a heavy that tier. Given that I only am on my third crew skill on the T110 I see no room for BiA until at least the 4th crew skill, at which point I would probably gold retrain my crew or wait for another reset. Maybe.

Looking at Dravin's set up, it appears what he did was something similar to what I said, except he probably used the 7.2 reset and not gold to do that. Still confident in leaving out BiA, I just don't see it as anything other than a "can't think of anything else to put on" equip like vents was.

Well, let's look at it this way, Smooth Ride and Clutch Braking aren't exactly the most noticeable skills out there, neither is BiA, actually, if you look at all the new skills that fatkiddown listed in the post, all of them provide little to no bonuses. But at least BiA is like having another Improved Ventilation. I would go repair, BIA, and either camouflage or one of those new-fangled skills.

Edit: Also, the only thing I really agreed with Dravin on was the BiA and the use of Wet Ammo Rack instead of Vertical Stabilizers. His use of the new skills, I don't really agree on, but he's played the game for so long that he is on his way to completing his fourth set of crew skills and can pretty much do what he wants.

Edit2: If you scroll down to the Addendum section of fatkiddown's guide, you will find a series of polls on the players preference of skills. Which usually go by Repairs, Brothers in Arms, and Camouflage. They usually don't care much for the other skills, since they provide little to no real benefit.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users