• This topic is locked This topic is locked
60 replies to this topic

lostwingman #21 Posted Apr 25 2012 - 02:49

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 22777 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostKewei, on Apr 25 2012 - 02:45, said:

Well, let's look at it this way, Smooth Ride and Clutch Braking aren't exactly the most noticeable skills out there, neither is BiA, actually, if you look at all the new skills that fatkiddown listed in the post, all of them provide little to no bonuses. But at least BiA is like having another Improved Ventilation. I would go repair, BIA, and either camouflage or one of those new-fangled skills.

I would go BiA in conjunction with vents if I went it and drop the vert stab in that case MAYBE. To me because I play my T110 very mobile everything to mobility, fast target acquisition, and high view range without necessitating sitting still are my priorities. In which case BiA does not fit into that until I am up to a 4th crew skill. At which point I could drop Vert Stab for Vents. I don't like having a lot of little bonuses all over the place (vents), I like having my little bonuses overlapping unless those spread out bonuses are significant. With just either vents or BiA I don't think either is significant enough to outweigh the combined effects of the other skills to what I want prioritized.

_Mcburn_ #22 Posted Apr 25 2012 - 02:54

Major

• Players
  • 15194 battles

View Postlostwingman, on Apr 25 2012 - 02:49, said:

I would go BiA in conjunction with vents if I went it and drop the vert stab in that case MAYBE. To me because I play my T110 very mobile everything to mobility, fast target acquisition, and high view range without necessitating sitting still are my priorities. In which case BiA does not fit into that until I am up to a 4th crew skill. At which point I could drop Vert Stab for Vents. I don't like having a lot of little bonuses all over the place (vents), I like having my little bonuses overlapping unless those spread out bonuses are significant. With just either vents or BiA I don't think either is significant enough to outweigh the combined effects of the other skills to what I want prioritized.

Vents and BiA together make up a 10% extra in crew skills, which is essentially a boost of 11% if you take into account the boost that the commander gives his crew members. This boost is actually very significant, refer to the crew skills section of this wiki page.

http://wiki.worldoft..._are_calculated

lostwingman #23 Posted Apr 25 2012 - 02:54

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 22777 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
As a note about your part about fighting the Maus, I have found the turret cheeks on level with the gun are terribly weak and a pretty safe hit (I have solo'd a Maus from 100% in my IS-4 from 200m doing that). You can generally tell when a Maus knows what he is doing when he angles his turret at you in between shots. However, when a Maus angles his hull but keeps his turret facing at you it's open season to go to town on him.
Also, I for one, have had some kind of bad luck or something with the E-100 turret cheeks in both the T30 and the T110. No idea why, however in the facehug position or at least in close it is possible to shoot the hull roof and the periscopes on it. I've also heard that the E-100 right cheek is weaker than the left, I don't know if that is true or not (haven't tried it) and pretty much all of my shots into the E-100 turret face from my T30 and T110 have been on the E-100 left cheek. Tinfoil hat time or am I just unlucky?

lostwingman #24 Posted Apr 25 2012 - 02:57

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 22777 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostKewei, on Apr 25 2012 - 02:54, said:

Vents and BiA together make up a 10% extra in crew skills, which is essentially a boost of 11% if you take into account the boost that the commander gives his crew members. This boost is actually very significant, refer to the crew skills section of this wiki page.

http://wiki.worldoft..._are_calculated

That's what I mean. I skip having one or the other because individually they don't boost significantly enough, especially when by combining the other skills and equips I get significant boosts to the features I want improved. However, assuming I have a 4th crew skill and therefore BiA, I would consider dropping Vert Stab for Vents because the distributed boost would affect my desired features enough to warrant dropping it.

_Mcburn_ #25 Posted Apr 25 2012 - 03:01

Major

• Players
  • 15194 battles

View Postlostwingman, on Apr 25 2012 - 02:54, said:

As a note about your part about fighting the Maus, I have found the turret cheeks on level with the gun are terribly weak and a pretty safe hit (I have solo'd a Maus from 100% in my IS-4 from 200m doing that). You can generally tell when a Maus knows what he is doing when he angles his turret at you in between shots. However, when a Maus angles his hull but keeps his turret facing at you it's open season to go to town on him.
Also, I for one, have had some kind of bad luck or something with the E-100 turret cheeks in both the T30 and the T110. No idea why, however in the facehug position or at least in close it is possible to shoot the hull roof and the periscopes on it. I've also heard that the E-100 right cheek is weaker than the left, I don't know if that is true or not (haven't tried it) and pretty much all of my shots into the E-100 turret face from my T30 and T110 have been on the E-100 left cheek. Tinfoil hat time or am I just unlucky?

E100 facehugging you is basically a less severe version of an IS-7 facehugging you, same strong frontal turret, but significantly less angled. However, consider this first. If you were to shoot upwards, would you not be shooting into thicker armour? But if you were to shoot on the lowest parts (not too low) of the E100 turret, wouldn't you be shooting at, what is from your point of view, the least angled and as a result armoured part of the E100 turret?

So I always aim for the lower parts of an E100 turret, never the upper parts. Not a guarantted penetration, but certainly better than having to deal with that 260mm of IS-7 turret armour.

lostwingman #26 Posted Apr 25 2012 - 06:01

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 22777 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
I always shot for next to or just under level with the gun. Still would auto bounce, no matter how close I got on even ground fully reticuled in.

UncleDolfie #27 Posted Apr 25 2012 - 08:27

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 16039 battles
I'd suggest spall liners as one of the equipment (I use vert stab, rammer, spall liner). In a T110 you're an arty magnet and also a general-purpose HE magnet when you present your front armor. :)

_Mcburn_ #28 Posted Apr 25 2012 - 15:33

Major

• Players
  • 15194 battles

View PostUncleDolfie, on Apr 25 2012 - 08:27, said:

I'd suggest spall liners as one of the equipment (I use vert stab, rammer, spall liner). In a T110 you're an arty magnet and also a general-purpose HE magnet when you present your front armor. :)

T110E5 is not so much an arty magnet as an HE magnet, and even then the bonus you would gain from Spall Liner is very small, HE was nerfed so hard in 7.0 that it is worthless now other than for base-cap resetting. I would highly suggest changing your spall liner equipment into either binoculars/optics or wet ammo rack, improved ventilation if you're stacking with Brothers in Arms.

9mmCapsule #29 Posted Apr 25 2012 - 21:04

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 8393 battles

View PostDravin, on Apr 23 2012 - 16:28, said:

Very nice write up OP. I enjoyed reading it, I do however have to disagree with your crew skill selections, this is what i have in my 110...

Commander 110%: BIA, Sixth Sense, Mentor, Repair (81%)
Gunner 121%: BIA, Snap Shot, Armor, Repair (81%)
Driver 121%: BIA, Smooth Ride, Clutch Breaking, Repair (81%)
Loader 121%: BIA, Safe Stowage, Repair, Camouflage (81%)
Wet Ammo Rack, Gun Rammer, Crew Vent

I also use Wet Ammo Rack instead of a Vert Stabalizer... the already small aim time coupled with Snap Shot skill i find 50% more hit points to the ammo rack way more beneficial (62.5% increase with Safe Stowage perk). I have over 600 battles in my 110 and carry around 69-70% win ratio in pub matches, i have over 9k battles and carry a 67-68% win ratio overall so the 110 is just above my overall average.

I have the same equipment on my T110, working great so far
But I would suggest a slightly different crew skill set

Commander: BIA, repair, 6th sense, mentor (always the last skill)
Gunner: BIA, repair, dead eye, snap shot (get snap shot when you are on your third skill then use gold to switch it to dead eye)
Driver: BIA, repair, smooth ride, clutch breaking (get smooth ride as the 3rd skill if you shoot on the move a lot, get clutch breaking as the 3rd skill if you engage enemy at close range a lot)
Loader: BIA, repair, adrenaline rush, safe stowage (switch the last two if you like to play it safe)

I have 65% win rate on this tank after 430 battles (that's excluding T30 stat), 3100 damage and 2 kills per battle. the number will go up after I get my crew max out on current perks (no gold T_T)

Greneral_Maow #30 Posted Apr 26 2012 - 02:19

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 7313 battles
please make first post partly spoiler, is too big for each page and scares meh

ice101v #31 Posted Apr 26 2012 - 09:14

Major

• Players
  • 10361 battles
I might give camo a try on the T110 once I get it simply due to how small the tank is, does anyone know if the T110 has a good camo value at all? I assume it does simply due to its small size. And honestly outside of recon there is really any good skills for the commander? Jack of all trades might be decent I guess given all the crew damage the tank seems to get.

DarkElf #32 Posted Apr 26 2012 - 12:23

Captain

• Players
  • 9524 battles
Why dead eye? Is it have that big impact or because there's no other option?

_Mcburn_ #33 Posted Apr 26 2012 - 21:03

Major

• Players
  • 15194 battles

View PostDarkElf, on Apr 26 2012 - 12:23, said:

Why dead eye? Is it have that big impact or because there's no other option?

Dead Eye? I believe you mean Eagle Eye for the commander? The reason I said either sixth sense or eagle eye after getting Repairs + BiA or Camouflage, is because they're the only noticeable skills or perks that a Commander can get that would affect his combat performance.

Of course, you can get Mentor if you want, it speeds up the skill training process, but I see it as a waste of a skill slot.

_Mcburn_ #34 Posted Apr 29 2012 - 21:46

Major

• Players
  • 15194 battles
Bumpity, bump, bump. Does anyone know someone I could contact to try and get this stickied?

634089 #35 Posted May 02 2012 - 05:46

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 16572 battles
bump. This should really be read

Duty_Remains #36 Posted May 02 2012 - 06:54

Major

• Players
  • 17286 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
As far as equipment goes...  I run my T110E5 with Vertical Stabilizer, Improved Ventilation and Coated Optics

--Vertical Stabilizer:  I have yet to find any piece of equipment I like more... fast aim is paramount, and this gives you a head-start.

--Improved Ventilation: it improves everything your tank does, not by much but it comes into play in every situation.

--Coated Optics: Seeing first often leads to shooting first (or hiding if I had "common sense").

Why not rammer?  Honestly, I first dropped the rammers off my medium tanks on a friends advice.  I have since dropped the rammers off of my T110E5 and IS-7.  I've noticed the difference but haven't regretted it.  I've tried dropping the vents instead of the gun rammer but I found I prefer vents to the rammer.  I was seriously surprised with my IS-7 whose RoF isn't all that great.  Unless its less than 4 Rpm; I won't bother with a gun rammer.  Still have 5 heavies waiting for coated optics because, unfortunately, I have other priorities for my credit flow.

Harkonnen25 #37 Posted May 03 2012 - 09:28

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 22237 battles
Well I have rammer, vents and just put on a wet ammo rack and I swear I've been losing it more often now. Just had a match where an E75 knocked it on two consecutive shots.  Whole reason I got the damn WAR was to not have to use a kit all the time to fix it....

Vandelay #38 Posted May 03 2012 - 11:04

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11324 battles
First, let me say thanks for this great guide. I enjoyed the read. Now...

There is no way I'm agreeing with my honourable clanmate on replacing the vert stab with a wet ammo rack. If anything, I think he should be replacing the vents.

For the record, so far I have played 115 games in the T110 with a 78% win rate. I don't have the experience Dravin does, but I think I have a grasp on how this tank works.

The M103 really needed the ammo rack because every man and his dog could pen your turret precisely where the ammo racks were located. I got really frustrated with getting ammo rack damage multiple times per game, so I fitted a WAR for the first time in my 8 months playing this game.

I don't feel as though the T110 has the same ammo rack problems the M103 does. I got the ammo rack durability perk to 100% after about 80 games playing the T110, so that has helped as well. Since getting it, I probably get ammo rack damage once every 10 games, and really only if I show the side of my tank. It is very rare for me to get ammo rack damage twice in one match.

But yeah, the vertical stabiliser provides such a marked improvement in gun dispersion that it cannot be ignored. This tank is all about getting quick shots off, whether it be quickly stopping to snipe someone while moving from position to position, or peeking out and shooting very quickly from around a corner, then getting back into cover. Either way, the vert stab is quite essential in my opinion.

So what am I running?

1. Vent
2. Rammer
3. Vert stab

As for crew skills, I have been running the following with some success:

Commander: 1. Repair 2. Mentor 3. Camouflage
Gunner: 1. Repair 2. Armourer 3. Camouflage
Driver: 1. Repair 2. Clutch Braking 3. Camouflage
Loader: 1. Repair 2. Safe Stowage 3. Camouflage

Now, a quick explanation.

For my commander, I intend to respec him to get Sixth Sense very soon. I used Mentor because I wanted to get to the third skill as fast as possible. Now that I have Camouflage, Sixth Sense is even more useful.

For my gunner, I got Armourer. Why? I find that many shots hit my gun, and even though they bounce off, they leave the gun broken. This has happened enough that I feel like Armourer is worth having. It probably makes the effect of having a broken gun about half as bad. I find this skill useful.

For my driver, Clutch Braking. I've read Fatkiddown's guide, and while it may not be that effective, it's probably the best skill there. It just makes the turning that little bit better.

For the loader, Safe Stowage is the obvious option.

Why not BIA? Personally, I don't feel that a small bonus to everything is worth the loss of obviously useful skills like Sixth Sense, Armourer and Safe Stowage. The tank drives fine as is, so I feel as though the second skills are best spent managing the disasters that can happen during an actual game.

As for consumables, I am running the following:

1. Repair kit
2. First aid kit
3. 100-octane fuel

As you can see, my setup is based around having an extremely manoeuvrable heavy tank. Superior positioning is king in this tank. I play it a lot like my Patton and I would like to think I have the results to back it up.

Either way, the T110 is a fantastic tank that rewards skilled playing. Driven well, it can be a monster capable of taking down entire teams.

Dravin #39 Posted May 06 2012 - 00:00

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 18317 battles
  • [LEMON] LEMON

View PostVandelay, on May 03 2012 - 11:04, said:

First, let me say thanks for this great guide. I enjoyed the read. Now...

There is no way I'm agreeing with my honourable clanmate on replacing the vert stab with a wet ammo rack. If anything, I think he should be replacing the vents.

For the record, so far I have played 115 games in the T110 with a 78% win rate. I don't have the experience Dravin does, but I think I have a grasp on how this tank works.

The M103 really needed the ammo rack because every man and his dog could pen your turret precisely where the ammo racks were located. I got really frustrated with getting ammo rack damage multiple times per game, so I fitted a WAR for the first time in my 8 months playing this game.

I don't feel as though the T110 has the same ammo rack problems the M103 does. I got the ammo rack durability perk to 100% after about 80 games playing the T110, so that has helped as well. Since getting it, I probably get ammo rack damage once every 10 games, and really only if I show the side of my tank. It is very rare for me to get ammo rack damage twice in one match.

But yeah, the vertical stabiliser provides such a marked improvement in gun dispersion that it cannot be ignored. This tank is all about getting quick shots off, whether it be quickly stopping to snipe someone while moving from position to position, or peeking out and shooting very quickly from around a corner, then getting back into cover. Either way, the vert stab is quite essential in my opinion.

So what am I running?

1. Vent
2. Rammer
3. Vert stab

As for crew skills, I have been running the following with some success:

Commander: 1. Repair 2. Mentor 3. Camouflage
Gunner: 1. Repair 2. Armourer 3. Camouflage
Driver: 1. Repair 2. Clutch Braking 3. Camouflage
Loader: 1. Repair 2. Safe Stowage 3. Camouflage

Now, a quick explanation.

For my commander, I intend to respec him to get Sixth Sense very soon. I used Mentor because I wanted to get to the third skill as fast as possible. Now that I have Camouflage, Sixth Sense is even more useful.

For my gunner, I got Armourer. Why? I find that many shots hit my gun, and even though they bounce off, they leave the gun broken. This has happened enough that I feel like Armourer is worth having. It probably makes the effect of having a broken gun about half as bad. I find this skill useful.

For my driver, Clutch Braking. I've read Fatkiddown's guide, and while it may not be that effective, it's probably the best skill there. It just makes the turning that little bit better.

For the loader, Safe Stowage is the obvious option.

Why not BIA? Personally, I don't feel that a small bonus to everything is worth the loss of obviously useful skills like Sixth Sense, Armourer and Safe Stowage. The tank drives fine as is, so I feel as though the second skills are best spent managing the disasters that can happen during an actual game.

As for consumables, I am running the following:

1. Repair kit
2. First aid kit
3. 100-octane fuel

As you can see, my setup is based around having an extremely manoeuvrable heavy tank. Superior positioning is king in this tank. I play it a lot like my Patton and I would like to think I have the results to back it up.

Either way, the T110 is a fantastic tank that rewards skilled playing. Driven well, it can be a monster capable of taking down entire teams.

Heyas Vandelay... nice post bro. It's cool man, we'll just have to agree to disagree on the equipment, hehe :)  I just can't let them vents go man, having a 7.68 reload time has saved my but many times (vent gives roughly .4 sec off reload time). Octane is not a bad choice imho... the tank rarely catches fire (thank goodness too, i think ive only used about 4 gold FE's since day 1) but untill my crew get it's fire skill up to atleast 80% i think i will keep using it for now. I'm about to start my 5th skill on my crew so i may pick up fire fighting skills and work toward dropping the gold FE for Octane. I enjoy this tank alot and i really hope they don't decide to nerf it, i think it's perfect the way it is, probably one of the best tanks WG has released since beta.

I've had quite a few really good battles in my 110, I only recently started saving my replays but i would like to leave you with one where having a 7.68 reload time came in very handy in this battle. :)

Enjoy!

http://mwreplays.com/replayimg/d6c4e751412e74345a691d664f24df68.png

Vandelay #40 Posted May 06 2012 - 04:47

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11324 battles

View PostKewei, on Apr 22 2012 - 23:19, said:

My response to Vandelay

I agree with this whole-heartedly, maybe not about the 100-octane fuel as much, but still a viable option since T110E5 doesn't get caught on fire very much at all. LISTEN TO THE MAN. HE'S GOT A 78% WIN RATE!

lol... as soon as I posted this I went out and lost three times in a row. Point is, the tank is performing well. :P

View PostDravin, on May 06 2012 - 00:00, said:

Heyas Vandelay... nice post bro. It's cool man, we'll just have to agree to disagree on the equipment, hehe :)  I just can't let them vents go man, having a 7.68 reload time has saved my but many times (vent gives roughly .4 sec off reload time). Octane is not a bad choice imho... the tank rarely catches fire (thank goodness too, i think ive only used about 4 gold FE's since day 1) but untill my crew get it's fire skill up to atleast 80% i think i will keep using it for now. I'm about to start my 5th skill on my crew so i may pick up fire fighting skills and work toward dropping the gold FE for Octane. I enjoy this tank alot and i really hope they don't decide to nerf it, i think it's perfect the way it is, probably one of the best tanks WG has released since beta.

I've had quite a few really good battles in my 110, I only recently started saving my replays but i would like to leave you with one where having a 7.68 reload time came in very handy in this battle. :)

Well, at the moment vert stab > wet ammo rack for me. Maybe that will change if I get ammo racked a few more times. So far it hasn't been too bad as long as I keep my front to the enemy.

You're right about the FE... at the moment I have no fire extinguisher and no firefighting skill. So if I get set on fire, that's it. I'm pretty much toast, and if I survive it I most likely have a damaged engine and ammo rack, which makes you a sitting duck. Thankfully that hasn't happened to me very often, and in most of the situations where it happened I probably would have died anyway.

It's six of one, half a dozen of the other, really.

Will check out the replay later tonight man... I haven't had a 2000+ XP game in this thing (yet).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users