Please improve the Maus

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
271 replies to this topic

Condemned #181 Posted Dec 26 2010 - 12:35

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Actually the maus has gotten a lot better since wipe, track guards almost gone and well I play a Maus and its a lot better overall. Had 2 fires in 10 games that killed me but.. hey might be just freak accidents.

Maus seems fine as it is now.

SniperHAC #182 Posted Dec 26 2010 - 12:58

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Was involved in 3 battles yesterday involving Meeses...

1st one, in Himmelsdorf, I knocked out his gun with my first sniping shot in my Tiger I with SHORT 88mm at 500m. I know this as I was the first to hit him and he thanked me profusely in battle chat for it.. ;)

2nd one I penetrated him twice in the front just under the tracks before I died to an IS4.

3rd game, myself and an IS4 cornered one in Lakeville, and we both finished him off.

Each time I felt very very sorry for the drivers, I had no sense of it being a difficult tank to kill just time-consuming. Even in the averagely mobile Tiger I, I can flank one and get hits on it's rear. Knocking out the gun with the first shot (granted I did aim at the mantel) is a bit crazy.

As for taking on an IS7 and hitting its weak spots. No chance.

SaintDude #183 Posted Dec 26 2010 - 21:36

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostCondemned, on Dec 26 2010 - 12:35, said:

Actually the maus has gotten a lot better since wipe, track guards almost gone and well I play a Maus and its a lot better overall. Had 2 fires in 10 games that killed me but.. hey might be just freak accidents.

The fires aren't freak accidents.  I've been set on fire a lot more lately.  Half the time my firefighting crew and extinguisher do nothing either.  :(

SaintDude #184 Posted Dec 26 2010 - 21:39

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Here's a question.  As a Maus driver where do YOU guys shoot when you're going face to face with an is7?  Turret?  Aim for belly armor and hope?  Switch to HE? I usually end up going for belly armor and hope for the best.  :(

Hyena #185 Posted Dec 26 2010 - 22:15

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostCondemned, on Dec 26 2010 - 12:35, said:

Track guards not gone, I can still aim in that general area with my KT and penetrate for good damage every time.

Condemned #186 Posted Dec 26 2010 - 23:59

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostWhiteHyena, on Dec 26 2010 - 22:15, said:

Track guards not gone, I can still aim in that general area with my KT and penetrate for good damage every time.

you best have a very good aim then, to compare Ive gotten these pics, first old, second new... Its hard to see from these pics... maybe I have been mistaken it may seem I discovered while comparing. Still I have suffered great less dmg in that area so I dont know

Posted ImagePosted Image

PadyEos #187 Posted Dec 27 2010 - 00:13

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
The Mouse is really crap. Took one out 1vs1 with an IS tank(fully upgraded).

Mastoras #188 Posted Dec 27 2010 - 00:59

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 19040 battles
Until they make the Maus front almost impossible to penetrate, i def wont be pickin it after game goes live. When i hear the T9 Russian TD has a 320mm mantle, it just pisses me off. Why cant the t10 superheavy tank of the germans get anywhere close to its 460mm total armor in the mantle area that it was designed with.

The tank is SLOW, and because of that, naturally you want to flank it, to hit its rear, or sides which are weaker. But in-game, atm, its so broken, because its WEAKEST part is actually the front!

Shamoke #189 Posted Dec 27 2010 - 01:47

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 11602 battles
  • [RIP-B] RIP-B
The Maus is awful.  It is just a giant box that drives slowly around the battlefield.  It gets penetrated extremely easily, so the armor and hp advantage it is supposed to have is a non-factor.  Plus it has the worst tier 10 gun, and its speed is awful.  The only useful thing it can do is camp.  If it tries to lead a charge or do anything out in the open it will get stuck there and die a slow and predictable death.  Other tanks can quickly get to cover, poke out and fire and such, but this is almost impossible for the Maus to do.  It has to sit back and snipe from afar, but because of the nerfs of visibility on heavies (which is nice, but hurts the Maus even more) it can't really do that anymore without being spotted eventually and destroyed.

Zoijar #190 Posted Dec 27 2010 - 11:59

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostPadyEos, on Dec 27 2010 - 00:13, said:

The Mouse is really crap. Took one out 1vs1 with an IS tank(fully upgraded).
I call bs. You wouldn't win ever in an IS(2) 1vs1. Perhaps the Maus driver was preoccupied or afk or drunk... or serious ammo rack and loader damage. Well, maybe you did but then it was some freak accident, like setting it on fire or exploding its ammo rack.

View PostSaintDude, on Dec 26 2010 - 21:39, said:

Here's a question.  As a Maus driver where do YOU guys shoot when you're going face to face with an is7?  Turret?  Aim for belly armor and hope?  Switch to HE? I usually end up going for belly armor and hope for the best.  :(
Belly armor works like a charm, but they rarely expose that. On a flat plane, at a small distance, exchanging shots, then I'd win against an IS-7. If they drive up to you, as they usually do, you can't hit it anymore. If they're far away the always use terrain to cover it. Ive tried shooting the gun -- the penetration indicator does go green -- but it's quite hard to hit as it is so small, and you often do very little damage. I generally search for green 'spots'... somewhat randomly. The gun area on the turret is very soft from the side. Also, its back is like paper for max damage. I usually avoid IS-7 head-on and try to ambush them, or let them fight someone else and then go to its side... I do often switch to HE because I hear they suffer from module damage badly. Usually throw one at the gun first, hoping to take it out so they can't hit my mudguards as reliably. Then I try to get the ammo rack..

Hyena #191 Posted Dec 27 2010 - 12:05

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
The Maus used to have better armour on the Russian server but they (Russian tank users) complained that it was too hard to kill so the devs insta-nerfed it. After that the Maus has always been crap. Until they buff the armour it'll always be crap, it dosen't need more hp or more module hp, it needs more armour. Something that slow needs an armour advantage over the tanks it'll be facing.

Vahal #192 Posted Dec 27 2010 - 12:38

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
ppl who didn't understand that armor (especially sloped one) is better than HP didn't understand anything on WoT. With armor u can endure ennemy fire and bounced  ennemy arty (happened to me in my SU8 against IS7! 2 times in a row and a third time. I had to hit ground near it to deal damage with splash...  :mellow: ). With HP U just die miserably but your death is a bit longer. With the AP crit up it's worse than before and armor is more and more important than HP!

Overlord #193 Posted Dec 27 2010 - 14:54

Commander

• Developer
  • 30 battles

View PostWhiteHyena, on Dec 27 2010 - 12:05, said:

The Maus used to have better armour on the Russian server but they (Russian tank users) complained that it was too hard to kill so the devs insta-nerfed it. After that the Maus has always been crap. Until they buff the armour it'll always be crap, it dosen't need more hp or more module hp, it needs more armour. Something that slow needs an armour advantage over the tanks it'll be facing.

Since Russian closed beta there have been multiple nerfs and buffs. Maus isn't the only one that has changed. T-44 and IS-7 used to perform a lot better.

Ziltoid #194 Posted Dec 27 2010 - 15:08

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Saw some Pics which fit in this Topic they are from here

Posted Image
http://strangevehicl...mauspic/ma1.jpg
http://strangevehicl...mauspic/ma2.jpg

if a dev see this they should immediately fix the Maus.

Overlord #195 Posted Dec 27 2010 - 15:41

Commander

• Developer
  • 30 battles
Armor schemes are correct and they are in use currently.

Regarding mudguards, they will be reworked. Penetration of this part of Maus armor won't lead to HP decrease.

Zoijar #196 Posted Dec 27 2010 - 15:46

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostOverlord, on Dec 27 2010 - 15:41, said:

Regarding mudguards, they will be reworked. Penetration of this part of Maus armor won't lead to HP decrease.
Awesome :Smile_great:  :Smile_honoring:

Ziltoid #197 Posted Dec 27 2010 - 15:56

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

How can that be if its used correct, why it has to be reworked.

Condemned #198 Posted Dec 27 2010 - 16:16

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

great news indeed

Overlord #199 Posted Dec 27 2010 - 16:16

Commander

• Developer
  • 30 battles

View PostZiltoid, on Dec 27 2010 - 15:56, said:

How can that be if its used correct, why it has to be reworked.

Armor values and slopes are correct, there will be changes in hit box model.

Zoijar #200 Posted Dec 27 2010 - 16:24

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostOverlord, on Dec 27 2010 - 16:16, said:

Armor values and slopes are correct, there will be changes in hit box model.
One more question: concerning that part of the armor between the mud guards -- I don't know what it's called, the 200/35 part at the bottom of the hull -- it seems quite easily penetrated. Is that also 200mm in-game, just like the main front plate (200/55) of the hull?

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users