Please improve the Maus

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
271 replies to this topic

painless #241 Posted Dec 30 2010 - 14:53

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View Postdestruya, on Dec 30 2010 - 14:25, said:

Actually, it's not a troll post when a tank gets a nearly 500hp bonus, fixed "mudflaps," and still people claim it's not good enough.  Odd that whenever something gets buffed, especially in an MMO in beta, no one ever claims "hey, this might be *too* much."  The motivation there isn't to balance the game, it's to pad their K/D ratios.

And I've seen the images with the weak spots.  And they're invalid against long-range shots.  "Tightening" the Mauses' weak spots to the point where the only reliable damage point for tanks with less than a 200mm penetration gun will be the WoT equivalent of a Death Star exhaust port isn't the wisest course of action.

it wouldn't be trollpost if you:

- read whole thread or at least more then few posts instead of jumping in and trolling
- presented your point of wiew in adult, non troll/childish way, and backed it up with some data, preferably weakspots comparison.
-didn't have history of spamming all german vehicle bug/problem threads with your trollposts.

so, it's trolling, and you will hardly acomplish anything else than cementing your troll status.

Weakspot is one thing, armor bug other, but i guess troll can't see the difference, as troll can't compare weakspot size on is7 and bugged area on maus front, which is, due to maus size and speed easy to hit at any distance. Even if it wasn't there is no reason to leave almost half of front area bugged just because "experts" like you find it ok. Due to armor holes hp "buff" makes maus last one tier9 ammo round longer.
Purpose of any beta is to iron out bugs, not to trollout bugs into "weakspots"

Zoijar #242 Posted Dec 30 2010 - 15:07

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View Postdestruya, on Dec 30 2010 - 14:49, said:

Odd you claim the IS-4/7 seem to be such unstoppable juggernauts when they seem to die with the same regularity as Mauses.
Odd that you keep claiming people claim things they don't :)

As for the facts, yes, Is-7s die less than Mäuse. Sorry, I can't alter the statistics... (oh, and when we're at the point of facts, the Maus was built, unless the one in Kubinka is made of cardboard :) )

painless #243 Posted Dec 30 2010 - 15:28

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
@zoijar-
lets leave troll alone.. if he returns with adult written post substantiated with some data why maus should not have its bugs fixed, we could try to discuss.. otherwise it's useless. I know i'm done with trollfeeding in this thread..

Re maus in kubinka- it was assembled from remaints of 2 built maus prototypes which were blown up by germans. Several other maus hulls/turrets, as well as other subsystems were finished, or in various stages of assembly despite whole maus program being canceled long before ww2 ended.

CommissionerJan #244 Posted Dec 30 2010 - 16:03

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View Postpainless, on Dec 30 2010 - 08:29, said:

i wait for mudguard fix , hope will not take too long.. ant then we hope mantlet area gets patched too...
Which still won't save you from people just shooting through the non-sloped turret front. Or through the gun mantlet.

Vahal #245 Posted Dec 30 2010 - 17:24

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
they will fix that as soon they fixed the King Tiger Serien Turm  :rolleyes:

Tiny #246 Posted Dec 30 2010 - 17:48

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostZoijar, on Dec 29 2010 - 20:28, said:

Then you haven't played with me :) That's my preferred tactic on campinovka. I go from map-edge side and almost always make it to the other side (i.e. taking cover behind the houses). The amount of damage varies. Sometimes I still have, say, 2000 HPs left; sometimes I'm at 900. It mostly depends on the artillery. The problem is that once you're there nobody does anything, and nobody has followed you... the times they do it's a big win though...

---

Anyway, let's no go into this whole "you have to know how to use the Maus" thing... it's getting old. I know how to use it well, I know its weak spots, I know how to turn my gun away, I know how to angle it. An IS-7 driver who doesn't know how to use his tank will also end up dead.

I always do that as well with my Maus. Only thing I hate is when your teammates don't dare to follow you, I mean what do they think is going to happen when their lead-tank is dead...

nemo82 #247 Posted Dec 31 2010 - 09:16

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
just ended an other sessione whit maus, 4h of gamplay... lost 140K credit and very very disapointed. Maus is pearced anywhere too from tier 7, its slow, is big, can hide, or run a perfect targhet for arty. This is not fairplay, russian make this game and have nerfed other nationality.

NightFalcon #248 Posted Dec 31 2010 - 11:19

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 11159 battles
Just played a battle with my Panther II on a Sand River map. Enemy team had 2 Mauses, one of them was siting on the hill next to the flag defending. I was 445m away from it and penetrated 4 out of 5 shots and set him on fire frontally with L71 long 88mm.  :Smile-bajan2:
Maus is just useless, It's only good as a target practice  :Smile-hiding:

theta0123 #249 Posted Dec 31 2010 - 11:28

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Maus vs IS7 is a senstive topic

Just now did i saw how a maus completly defeated a IS7 when they went in a 1 vs 1 frontal armor showdown. Now this guy might dint knew about the mudguard bug, but that one is gonna fix

Our platoonleader, Tiny, often takes a maus, and he is dam good with it. I saw him defeating IS7/IS4 like it was nothing

So where does the maus fails?

Simply when it is outmanouverd. It has very slow turret traverse. But at moments like that, its all about how you behave next

IF an IS7 gets past and is going for your rear, do NOT TRAVERSE in trying to catch up with him. FIRST drive FORWARD. So that your turret catches up far quicker.

I saw Tiny doing this several times now, and many times did he saved his butt by doing this

Zoijar #250 Posted Dec 31 2010 - 11:36

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View Posttheta0123, on Dec 31 2010 - 11:28, said:

Just now did i saw how a maus completly defeated a IS7 when they went in a 1 vs 1 frontal armor showdown. Now this guy might dint knew about the mudguard bug, but that one is gonna fix
Well, yeah, I've also grown quite adept at using the Maus. I'm usually not afraid of other Mause; I almost always win. I can also beat an IS-7, it really depends on the driver. Don't get me wrong, it _is_ a very strong tank. The problem is that it needs somewhat special handling and even then it's not really on par with the corresponding IS-7. That's the problem, not that it's not a good tank per se. I love my Maus. I mean, I fought 200 battles in it for what? There's nothing to gain; it's purely for the fun of playing it.

It also amazes me that so many people try to shoot my front plate, or that another Maus will just stand there facing me head-on with his gun forward, or that tanks try so hard to circle you and get behind you, while the armor difference for the side is -15/-10mm (hull/turret) and at the rear (-40mm/-10mm) without weak spots. I mean, my side turret is 210mm sloped... that's stronger than the front plate. Ironically the front is much more fragile :)

finalsacre #251 Posted Dec 31 2010 - 11:41

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Seriously I don't see why the Maus is underpowered .
I usually have a huge benefit with my Maus (+10 000 ), my average xp per battle is 834 !It's a very little more than with my IS-7 (before the soft wipe).I survive 50% of the time and win 58% .

His armour makes it almost invulnerable against tier IX -, and even against tier IX, you will bounce the majority of AP . And thanks to your health, you will survive a long time . By far more than an IS-7 .

And it's all it should do . The Maus should be played in first line in order to tanks the whole team while your team destroy the other tank .
The DPS of the Maus doesn't worth the dps of 4 tanks tier VIII but this Maus would survive more longer than its .

Look my stats : http://game.worldoft...080-finalsacre/

Tiny #252 Posted Dec 31 2010 - 11:56

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
That's what I really like about the Maus. It's almost like a tank with 2 fronts....well almost...since the sides are so thick, they don't require much angle to bounce a shot, and the rear is 16cm sloped. And you never really have to worry about the turret.

The threat is as you say when you get outmanuevered, and it's good if it's supported, it can be a great backbone for the other tanks.

ShadowStalker887 #253 Posted Dec 31 2010 - 11:59

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 2485 battles
Perma-tracked a Mouse in my IS today :P quite hilarious watching him try to traverse the turret in my direction while arty was biting big chunks out of his health  :D  On a more serious note I think that the Maus deserves to be nigh impenetrable from the front

CommissionerJan #254 Posted Dec 31 2010 - 13:06

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View Postfinalsacre, on Dec 31 2010 - 11:41, said:

His armour makes it almost invulnerable against tier IX -, and even against tier IX, you will bounce the majority of AP . And thanks to your health, you will survive a long time . By far more than an IS-7 .
That is becasue most people still don't know how to play.

Turret front and sides, mudguards, gun mantlet and sides are basically unprotected against Tier IX guns. The Maus still has 3k hp, but against competent enemies it will not last especially long.

bigeye123 #255 Posted Dec 31 2010 - 15:14

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 2004 battles
In my opinion i think the maus is decent when driven by a skilled player but if a skilled player of the same class drivers and IS7 i think the maus will lose dont get me wrong maus is a pretty good tank when used right just went solo against 5 tier 9+ enemy tanks and won but it rly depends if u meet a equally skilled IS7 driver u dont stand much of a chance <_<

nemo82 #256 Posted Dec 31 2010 - 16:09

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View Postfinalsacre, on Dec 31 2010 - 11:41, said:

Seriously I don't see why the Maus is underpowered .
I usually have a huge benefit with my Maus (+10 000 ), my average xp per battle is 834 !It's a very little more than with my IS-7 (before the soft wipe).I survive 50% of the time and win 58% .

And it's all it should do . The Maus should be played in first line in order to tanks the whole team while your team destroy the other tank .
The DPS of the Maus doesn't worth the dps of 4 tanks tier VIII but this Maus would survive more longer than its .

Look my stats : http://game.worldoft...080-finalsacre/

funny you have maus whit only 298 857 total exp? 400 game? ahahhaa lol ok....

Paavopesusieni #257 Posted Dec 31 2010 - 16:31

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
USe of brains is allowed in these forums... where he might have got that EXP? A Million dollar question...

General_Kunde #258 Posted Dec 31 2010 - 19:17

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostPaavopesusieni, on Dec 31 2010 - 16:31, said:

USe of brains is allowed in these forums... where he might have got that EXP? A Million dollar question...

He bribed a Dev? nom nom

Paavopesusieni #259 Posted Dec 31 2010 - 22:57

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
We have a winner!  :rolleyes:

HansLanda #260 Posted Jan 02 2011 - 05:01

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 40 battles

View Posttheta0123, on Dec 31 2010 - 11:28, said:

Maus vs IS7 is a senstive topic

Our platoonleader, Tiny, often takes a maus, and he is dam good with it. I saw him defeating IS7/IS4 like it was nothing

So where does the maus fails?

Simply when it is outmanouverd. It has very slow turret traverse. But at moments like that, its all about how you behave next

IF an IS7 gets past and is going for your rear, do NOT TRAVERSE in trying to catch up with him. FIRST drive FORWARD. So that your turret catches up far quicker.

I saw Tiny doing this several times now, and many times did he saved his butt by doing this

Wouldn't you actually want to drive backwards as it would make the other tank have to cover more distance before he gets behind you?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users