Tank Company by Non Premium Commanders

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

Poll: Should non Premium Members be allowed to start a Tank Company? (34 members have cast votes)

Should non Premium Members be allowed to start a Tank Company?

1. Yes (19 votes [55.88%])

Percentage of vote: 55.88%

2. No (15 votes [44.12%])

Percentage of vote: 44.12%

Vote Hide poll

Havok18 #-19 Posted Apr 23 2012 - 13:17

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
Hi,

I dont know if this has been suggested before, but I was just wondering if we could allow the non Premium members to start tank companies. At the moment we have a lot of trouble getting tank companies up and running because you need a minimum of 4 and there are never enough around especially during off peak hours.

Let me know your thoughts on this.

Havok18 #-18 Posted Apr 23 2012 - 13:34

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
UPD: I see a lot of votes both yes and no. Could i also ask for a reason for your vote? either way?

alabadeus #-17 Posted Apr 23 2012 - 13:44

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
It would be nice to be able to create companies, but there are many players that would create new companies just because they disagree with his tanks are not weak. would end up full of useless comps. maybe a limit of one per week would be ok
sorry for my bad English

SunFlash #-16 Posted Apr 23 2012 - 14:37

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
i dont think its really essential, because if you get 15 guys together, odds are one of them will have prem

Havok18 #-15 Posted Apr 23 2012 - 15:02

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostSunFlash, on Apr 23 2012 - 14:37, said:

i dont think its really essential, because if you get 15 guys together, odds are one of them will have prem

Im pretty sure there is no problem during peak hours. After all im pretty sure that a bunch of members out of the 30k that are online will have premium. The problem is getting 4 companies going during the off peak hours (<9k members online) and this will only make matters worse once the SEA server comes out of beta and the Asian players are allowed to port their account.

Havok18 #-14 Posted Apr 23 2012 - 15:06

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
Edit: double post

Fluffy_Kittens #-13 Posted Apr 23 2012 - 19:16

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles
i voted no for two reasons

a premium account is a bit of a benchmark for back of house options, benifits should be more in my opinion, as i think there should be more encouragement to elevate the account to premium.  it would then get more income to the company, which would in the end get us more content or faster content.

second reason is that a premium account is also an indication to commitment.  most players who have a premium account have a basic understanding of the game.
having a new guy starting a company, who does not understand the game fully, will lead to a poor playing experience for the rest of the company.

i remember a few months back where i saw a company, junior i think, that had a company description like "you can only join if you gift me 1200 gold"  or something like that.   so i joined and sat in the lobby, and told the creator that i gifted him his gold, and he was getting irritated that it was not showing up.  it was quite astounding.
granted this was a rare circumstance, but one i remember for sure.