The 10 Commandments of WoT

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
148 replies to this topic

warrends #21 Posted Apr 23 2012 - 15:17

Major

• Players
  • 23479 battles

Sword_of_Light, on Apr 23 2012 - 14:00, said:

10.  Thou Shall Remember This Is Just A Game.  While thee may have paid cold hard cash, still the striving within are not real.  Wars rage for real, and real people die, and many go without food, or freedom, and nothing in this game is nearly as important.  Thou art blessed with the monies to have a PC, while many go without even a roof.  Nor playest this game when thou has the opportunity to get you some, nor at the cost of thine friends and family, who are real.  If rage within you cannot be contained, and your lamentations arise with much profanity, perhaps the time to stop is nigh upon you.
11.  Thou Shall Have Fun. If thou aren't shalling having sucheth fun, then thou shalt shut down thine WOT app and move onto somethingeth else.

Yeah, my wordsmitheth needeth some worketh ...

smokedpork, on Apr 23 2012 - 15:03, said:

So it is written, so it shall be.
Yul Bryner:
So shall it be written. So shall it be done.

defcon2 #22 Posted Apr 23 2012 - 15:23

Corporal

• Players
  • 110692 battles
Amen,all must learn these commandments and if all learned to obey them this game would be elevated to a level of glory that has never been seen.

Tazilon #23 Posted Apr 23 2012 - 15:24

Major

• Players
  • 94130 battles
  • [-40-] -40-
You forgot a biggie:

Thou shall watch Thy MiniMap and Honor the Knowledge it conveys.

Ramcke #24 Posted Apr 23 2012 - 15:27

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 6853 battles

3.  Thou Shalt Not Take Thine Own Life.  For all life is sacred, with the obvious exception of yon red infidels, and only thine wife's lament that ye are late for dinner with the inlaws shall ye rush out midfield in Malinovka.  All else is sin.

I LMAO on this commandment... epic! :Smile_great:

Shang_Hai #25 Posted Apr 23 2012 - 15:29

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 14722 battles
I think this deserves a button on the Home page under the "Gift Shop", "Get Gold" and "Support" buttons. Every Tanker should live by these rules!

sonza68 #26 Posted Apr 23 2012 - 15:34

Captain

• Players
  • 28522 battles
  • [CIRC] CIRC
Unfortunately I got burned by #8 over the weekend.  Our T95 got tracked on Himmelsdorf before he could square up to the 8 road.  In an attempt to keep him from getting permatracked, I moved my T29 into position to absorb a few shots and shield his tracks.  When his tracks are repaired, I expected him to finish turning toward the road.  Didn't happen.  He ended up going AFK.  Fun stuff.

Tankopotamus #27 Posted Apr 23 2012 - 15:53

Corporal

• Players
  • 11260 battles

Kharneth, on Apr 23 2012 - 14:51, said:

As far as arty goes? Stupid, completely unnecessary addition in the game that does not even make sense..... artillery was used to dispatch infantry, not tanks. Artillery also would not do what it does to a tank in real life... unless it was a direct hit, of course.

Guess what? Such is the price you pay for not having P47s blow your King Tiger into scrap metal before you get out of the start circle, or having infantry lob Molitov Cocktails into your engine hatch. I completely agree it's not the way it happened in real life. But if you're in a tank, it's totally reasonable to be afraid of the sky. Death comes from up there, and it's not your domain to influence. Let it go, and tuck in behind something solid.

Ariecho #28 Posted Apr 23 2012 - 16:14

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 14432 battles
Hallowed be thy name!

Steel_Rain_03 #29 Posted Apr 23 2012 - 16:20

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 18402 battles

Kharneth, on Apr 23 2012 - 14:51, said:

As far as arty goes? Stupid, completely unnecessary addition in the game that does not even make sense..... artillery was used to dispatch infantry, not tanks. Artillery also would not do what it does to a tank in real life... unless it was a direct hit, of course.

You sir are incorrect. The military builds its defense and offensive operations using the HAW,MAW,LAW concept which means your statement is either misinformed or you are retarded. I have spent countless hours on the range, calling in arty (155) strikes on target tanks as a fire support team leader because we can/do target tanks. I dont know if you have read anything concerning arty support in actual combat but I think there are a few people in this forum that have actually seen combat and know what arty can do. Do you even know what an HE round can do danger close? FFS man shut up. As far as infantry targeting, we have special rounds anti-personnel air bursts for them and nasty DPICM that we can use on them and hard targets. That is all...move along now.

Felonious_Monk #30 Posted Apr 24 2012 - 15:33

Corporal

• Players
  • 4762 battles
Ananda said, "Thus I have heard: During his travels the Lord Buddha came to the Land of the Forums, a place where all threads, no matter the topic, eventually became arguments about statistics and whether artillery is overpowered, in an endless cycle of rebirth. The people came to him and asked him to teach the Dharma. So, in his boundless compassion for the suffering of the forums posters, the Lord Buddha taught them the Path that leads to the extinguishing of the desire to compare stats and for artillery realism, for these attachments are the origin of suffering." - Sutra on the Perfection of Forum Posting

UberTank01 #31 Posted Apr 24 2012 - 15:35

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 26951 battles
ZOMG, The 10 Commandments of WoT is kinda cool.
Even though did God or War Gaming gave you those Ten Commandments? (I had to... XD)

I try to follow all of them but it is kinda hard when morons get in your way of your shells...... FFS.

TanzbodenKoenig #32 Posted Apr 24 2012 - 15:42

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 8900 battles
  • [FC-SV] FC-SV
needs one more:

Thou Shalt Not Lemming!  If thine team should all rush to one flank, turn your tank to the other, for verily your reward will be great even tho your death may be swift for all tanks must work together for a victory.

Azerious #33 Posted Apr 24 2012 - 16:11

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16468 battles
  • [AR-15] AR-15
Number 10 is my favorite! +1 sir!

TanzbodenKoenig #34 Posted Apr 24 2012 - 16:28

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 8900 battles
  • [FC-SV] FC-SV
Also this should totally be stickied at the top of the page. Excellent work OP I loled

Spanktankk #35 Posted Apr 24 2012 - 16:39

Major

• Players
  • 40126 battles
  • [KFB] KFB
+1... BEST post ever!  Should be on the New Account sign in page :Smile-playing:

Spanktankk #36 Posted Apr 24 2012 - 16:48

Major

• Players
  • 40126 battles
  • [KFB] KFB

TanzbodenKoenig, on Apr 24 2012 - 15:42, said:

needs one more:

Thou Shalt Not Lemming!  If thine team should all rush to one flank, turn your tank to the other, for verily your reward will be great even tho your death may be swift for all tanks must work together for a victory.

That was on the Third Tablet that Moses dropped and broke:

11.  Thou Shalt Not Lemming.  Yay, ,should all'st thou teammates drive to one side of the map, do not follow'st ye, for Lemming herds die speedily

12.  Top Dog Heavies shall not climb steep hills on the edges of the map, for it is a Cardinal Sin of Effective Tank Use

13.  Thall Shalt Not complain about Wallet Warriors, for They subsidise your Free Play

14.  Thou Shalt NOT troll the Forums, for Internet use alone does not allow ye to befit an a-hole

15.  Thou Shalt have FUN, for this is internet tanks.

That is all!:Smile-playing:

SWChief #37 Posted Apr 24 2012 - 16:51

Sergeant

• Players
  • 13965 battles
Very Nicely written...KUDOS to you! :Smile_honoring:

NazerMike #38 Posted May 05 2012 - 22:16

Corporal

• Players
  • 36661 battles
  • [JGRN] JGRN
Awesome! I propose another: Thou shalt not use the chat for flamage as thy actions shall speak more loudly than one's words. Respect your fellow warriors and resist the evil temptation of the rant.

rinying #39 Posted May 05 2012 - 22:34

Major

• Players
  • 11485 battles

1.  Thou Shalt Not Team Kill.  No offense is greater in the eyes of thine team, nor grievance great enough to justify slaying thine own.  If the retch turn blue, strike him down, for he is an abomination, but neither grief nor TK if mere offense is given.

2.  That Shalt Not Cry Out "Hacker!".  There is no hack, for thine is the kingdom of the server side.  Thou ye know not how that artie reloaded so quickly, or that heavy doth strike you down even though you totally had cover, it is not a hack, but skill, thine enemies skill.  Learn from them, so that ye may one day strike down thine own enemies with similar mad skillz.

3.  Thou Shalt Not Take Thine Own Life.  For all life is sacred, with the obvious exception of yon red infidels, and only thine wife's lament that ye are late for dinner with the inlaws shall ye rush out midfield in Malinovka.  All else is sin.

4.  Thou Shalt Not Platoon With Tier Ones Unless Ye Be Tier One.  For the Children of WoT are many, and naive, and have neither shield nor sword, and though they may desire to see the great and ferocious Maus on the field of battle, verily, it is a move more like the behind of a mule to bring one in to a match.  

5.  Thou Shall Be Useful.  All tanks are worthy in the eyes of the Maker of Matches, unless they beith loltanks, and though ye cannot pen, and lament that ye have no purpose being here, take heart, for you can scout, or distract.  Be not craven and hide in the corner, but strive, and in doing so, vex thine enemies.  If ye are small, then thy repair costs are but a pittance, and your death but a minor thing.  Your wreckage may serve as a haven for those who still strive for the victory which will surely granteth you too the boon of xp and creds.

6.  Thou Shall Take Responsibility.  Thou shalt not claim thine team arises from the land of the noob, for rarely is a loss not also your fault.  Nobility in defeat is greater in glory than nobility in victory.  

7.  Thou Shalt Not Order In Pubs.  Though many have worn the crows and chevrons of war, none do so in WoT, and no prince nor king can lay sole claim to the green flag.  Order not thine team to do this or that, even if ye be a master of WoT, none is so great that they cannot utter the word "please".

8.  Thou Shall Back the Play of The Big Guy.  For though none command, there are those that sit upon high, and they are the point of the spear.  If they strike alone, all is lost.  Let them not wander in the wastes of thine enemies, but follow with sword in hand, and strike down the unrighteous.

9.  Thou Shalt Not Blame Arty.  Artillery is the hand that reaps the enemies in the field, it is the fist that punishes the arrogance of Men.  Seek the shelter of stone, of buildings which are not destructible, of the shadow of the hills, and the hand shall pass over you.  Move, for the eye of artillery detests the stationary, and will strike down those enemies who linger.  Curse neither arty which has struck you down, nor curseth the arty which cannot strike the tier ten Leviathan on the other team.  Much goes into the striking fist of arty, and when the blow lands, it can be mighty, or it can totally whiff.  Such is the way of the world of tanks.

10.  Thou Shall Remember This Is Just A Game.  While thee may have paid cold hard cash, still the striving within are not real.  Wars rage for real, and real people die, and many go without food, or freedom, and nothing in this game is nearly as important.  Thou art blessed with the monies to have a PC, while many go without even a roof.  Nor playest this game when thou has the opportunity to get you some, nor at the cost of thine friends and family, who are real.  If rage within you cannot be contained, and your lamentations arise with much profanity, perhaps the time to stop is nigh upon you.
i shalt remember thine words when thy t-50-2 is scouting, as thine words shalt surely maketh the finger of god assist me!

Tanitha #40 Posted May 05 2012 - 23:22

Major

• -Players-
  • 2405 battles
I'll pin it for a little while : )

Tan.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users