When WoT nerfs, they nerf hard.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
19 replies to this topic

masterzjg #1 Posted Apr 28 2012 - 01:00

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles
When the french tanks first came out I complained so much about them being OP, because it appeared they were. Now I see it was just that all the drivers who had them knew how to use them well, which made the tank seem OP. Now that they have been out for a while, I see french tanks (paticularily batchat, don't see lorraine much) as underpowered. Now that you have the usual idiots who go for the new shiny tanks, the tank's weakness are now glaring and advantages have been greatly reduced. Now a days half the time the batchats I see just suicide (after wasting time doing nothing).
   It happened to the t59. People complained (the MM for the tank was off), and so the developers decided to nerf it into the ground (now I hardly ever see t59's with kills). I've now learned the lesson to never complain, because I know the developers are never going to rebalance them and make them useful tanks. I greatly suggest a new rule of thumb for the developers regarding new tanks: The tanks must be out for at least a month and a half (time for most people to get them) before you can greatly nerf them (tweaks would be fine).

Top_Gear_UK #2 Posted Apr 28 2012 - 01:09

Major

• Community Contributor
  • 0 battles
The Developers have never been quick to buff or nerf anything. In the almost 2 years i've played this my opinion has been that often times they are too slow if anything to rebalance things.I think the worst nerf they ever did was doing away with US gun depression. It took them a while to get around to doing that (we knew it was coming in beta) and then it took them 3 months to restore the gun depression back. By the way, it was at this time I was grinding through the T32 to the T34  and through that to the 120mm gun...anyone with hstory in the game will feel the pain I suffered...lol

drboot #3 Posted Apr 28 2012 - 01:12

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View Postmetalgold, on Apr 28 2012 - 01:09, said:

The Developers have never been quick to buff or nerf anything. In the almost 2 years i've played this my opinion has been that often times they are too slow if anything to rebalance things.I think the worst nerf they ever did was doing away with US gun depression. It took them a while to get around to doing that (we knew it was coming in beta) and then it took them 3 months to restore the gun depression back. By the way, it was at this time I was grinding through the T32 to the T34  and through that to the 120mm gun...anyone with hstory in the game will feel the pain I suffered...lol

yeah...that grind was horrific...was worth it in the end though...got me my shiny t30 which i love

Sym_MkV #4 Posted Apr 28 2012 - 01:13

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
Wargaming will swear with their dying breath that they didn't nerf the Type 59 and it is so pointless to talk about nerfs, or anything in general ie Match Maker, Camo skins or my personal favorite which I think most people confuse as a nerf...the dread RNG (Random Number Generator).

masterzjg #5 Posted Apr 28 2012 - 02:46

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostSym_MkV, on Apr 28 2012 - 01:13, said:

Wargaming will swear with their dying breath that they didn't nerf the Type 59 and it is so pointless to talk about nerfs, or anything in general ie Match Maker, Camo skins or my personal favorite which I think most people confuse as a nerf...the dread RNG (Random Number Generator).
Must of been my game malfunctioning when I looked at the t59 before  <_<. Now the turret seems differe, but naturally it was a game malfunctions   <_<

_J_D_ #6 Posted Jun 30 2012 - 23:51

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles

KV4 = FAIL

MaxMike #7 Posted Jul 01 2012 - 01:51

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
T-59 has never been nerfed it plays the exactly the same as the day I bought it. It never was as good as the people screaming it was OP thought, it never was OP it just got better matchmaking which it does not get now.

The T-59 always had a poor gun, abysmal acceleration, and burned and kaboomed like it was made of gunpowder but it had plenty of low tier cannon fodder to feed on that had trouble hurting the T-59 head on and it was easy for the T-59s poor gun to hurt them.

All that changed with the matchmaker change now the T-59 see a lot more tanks it has trouble hurting and a lot more that can hurt it with ease.

The French tanks that got nerfed were fine when I got them upgraded.

Scorpion_Strike #8 Posted Jul 05 2012 - 23:50

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View Postmasterzjg, on Apr 28 2012 - 01:00, said:

I see french tanks (paticularily batchat, don't see lorraine much) as underpowered. Now that you have the usual idiots who go for the new shiny tanks, the tank's weakness are now glaring and advantages have been greatly reduced. Now a days half the time the batchats I see just suicide (after wasting time doing nothing).

When I first got the the 13 90 three months ago I first started seeing Batchats on a regular basis and I was amazed at the number of them that suicided like that. At first I figured they were pretending to be T-50-2s or something, after that I thought they might be going for scout badges. But every time I saw it happen I couldn't help but think something like "now that's a waste of a lot of firepower". Sometimes they just seemed to be downright stupid.

After a while of this routine I started thinking that maybe the Batchat was terrible after the nerfs and that they were rushing just because they'd lost hope or something. Maybe it was a form of protest, a way to show Wargaming the sheer frustration of playing the suddenly-not-so-OP batchat. I'd wince every time I saw a "Batshit" getting turned into a piece of Swiss cheese by the whole battery of enemy guns while I was sitting safely behind a rock in my 13 90 waiting for a good target to flank or ambush. I'd have two or three kills by the end of the match and make a load of profit while that Batchat got no credits and had a sky-high repair bill to boot....

Now I just got a Batchat yesterday, figuring I might finally find out why people rush them all the time. And guess what, I still can't figure it out! My Batchat is still stock, 13 90 gun and everything, but I'm having a great time in it and averaging about one kill per match which I think is pretty good for a stock tier IX tank with a tier VII gun. The batchat is fast, still a little slow to maneuver but the gun is great against what it can penentrate. I still see other Batchats, fully upgraded, rushing to their death and doing minimal damage. I don't even have the tank upgraded and I love it, how is it that they could dislike it when it's upgraded and even better?

So, in the end, I've come to this conclusion: people are stupid. I'm just as guilty as the next person for doing stupid things with my tanks, but at least I can play a Batchat pretty well. It's no use blaming Wargaming for nerfing the Batchat too hard, because frankly they needed to and the tanks still performs very well.

Edited by Scorpion_Strike, Jul 05 2012 - 23:51.

Ogopogo #9 Posted Jul 07 2012 - 02:09

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
The batchat still retains one of the highest win ratios in the game, sitting at 53.88% on the NA server, 53.47 on the EU server, and a 53.23% on the RU server. With the move to tier 10, it likely avoided further nerfs.

Edited by Ogopogo, Jul 07 2012 - 02:10.

motaz87 #10 Posted Jul 07 2012 - 20:12

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
in the right hands its still a beast. french tanks are highly specialized and take a good patient driver to reap the rewards. i dont get the suiscout thing at all, total waste of a tank slot on your team. a batchat need to stay moving and pick on the loan or damaged tanks. arty hunting is always a priority too. i just got mine yesterday, have everything, but the top engine mounted and a lame 80% crew for now.

thomasedison2007 #11 Posted Jul 07 2012 - 20:21

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostSym_MkV, on Apr 28 2012 - 01:13, said:

you are correct about the t-59. bait and switch

xthetenth #12 Posted Jul 08 2012 - 09:20

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
The Type is an amazing tank still. It's still functionally something of a heavy medium and it still drives like it. It's still got seriously good armor. It still accelerates slowly for a medium but not that badly and still turns rather well.

Nuckchorris #13 Posted Jul 08 2012 - 10:30

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles
The T-59 was not nerfed. It was put in matches where tanks have an actual chance to hurt it (other than other T-59s). No other changes. Seriously you nubs will cry about everything.

shadowstrike7 #14 Posted Jul 09 2012 - 01:06

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles

View Postxthetenth, on Jul 08 2012 - 09:20, said:

The Type is an amazing tank still. It's still functionally something of a heavy medium and it still drives like it. It's still got seriously good armor. It still accelerates slowly for a medium but not that badly and still turns rather well.
thts what off road driving was made for! i put it on and mine accelerates and turnes decently and can do around 40-50 km on flat surfaces.

EinstZecksclaw #15 Posted Jul 10 2012 - 10:21

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles

What WG do in the last update kinda invalidates this argument as they quickly nerf the US heavy and quickly buff the KV4

gPatton71 #16 Posted Jul 23 2012 - 07:07

Sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostNuckchorris, on Jul 08 2012 - 10:30, said:

The T-59 was not nerfed. It was put in matches where tanks have an actual chance to hurt it (other than other T-59s). No other changes. Seriously you nubs will cry about everything.

Oh I'm sorry they totally didn't raise it's turret and flatten out! Oh well I don't care at least it's getting another MM buff again!

rinying #17 Posted Jul 23 2012 - 07:09

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles

View Postmasterzjg, on Apr 28 2012 - 02:46, said:

Must of been my game malfunctioning when I looked at the t59 before  :Smile_sceptic:. Now the turret seems differe, but naturally it was a game malfunctions   :Smile_sceptic:
its a type of mental trick your brain plays on you. we learned how to kill them. even before the nerf. now, its just commonplace to know how to kill them.

Scorpion_Strike #18 Posted Jul 23 2012 - 13:19

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View Postrinying, on Jul 23 2012 - 07:09, said:

its a type of mental trick your brain plays on you. we learned how to kill them. even before the nerf. now, its just commonplace to know how to kill them.

Ditto here. I learned to shoot them in the side with my VK 3001 (P), which conveniently sets fire to the 59 as well. I only aim for the turret if I have a flat shot at its side or rear, if if he's facehugging me which means cupulas.

tanky_the_tank #19 Posted Jul 23 2012 - 18:37

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
The turret still bounces a ton of high pen shots. So does the front of the tank. The size boost was tiny.

awookie #20 Posted Jul 29 2012 - 01:54

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles

Prime example - Marder II.
It took forever to nerf it.