How do you improve your Efficiency ratings?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
61 replies to this topic

Dukebarry #21 Posted Apr 29 2012 - 11:53

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles
I have improved both my win rate and eff rate a lot in the last few months. It comes down to this...............http://www.tank-trac...iew_tanker.aspx
Log into the tank tracker site and set it up. I watch my stats several times each day to be aware of how I am playing. Just keeping an eye on it while Im playing helps me improve.

Best of luck

Beerstein #22 Posted Apr 29 2012 - 12:05

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostFireguard, on Apr 29 2012 - 08:33, said:

Pretty much what the last two guys said. A few battles like this help;

Posted Image

Freak battle.
Sit on enemy cap farming cap points at end of the battle if you want high efficiency. Also @ quoted post, nothing "freaky" about it, you probably got a lot of cap or cap defense points that battle possibly even invader or defender (though I think that many would actually get you higher).

SHISHKABOB #23 Posted Apr 29 2012 - 12:06

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostBeerstein, on Apr 29 2012 - 12:05, said:

Sit on enemy cap farming cap points at end of the battle if you want high efficiency. Also @ quoted post, nothing "freaky" about it, you probably got a lot of cap or cap defense points that battle possibly even invader or defender.

it's called a "freak battle" because it is statistically rare, as can be seen

not because it's subjectively strange

Trucidarx #24 Posted Apr 29 2012 - 12:16

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
If I could only give you one piece of advice to get better, it would be get good at aiming.

Overall, though, I wouldn't worry about efficiency too much. It's a crazy made up stat that some player formulated and it's weightings are silly. I would focus more on winrate as that is a more predictive measure. On how to improve that? Just get better at the game. There's a million guides on the forums on how.

AgentQ #25 Posted Apr 29 2012 - 12:17

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
http://blackrabbit29...rate-guide.html

Follow the above guide, also join a clan, play platooned more often. 10-15% more wins guaranteed.

Fireguard #26 Posted Apr 29 2012 - 12:31

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostBeerstein, on Apr 29 2012 - 12:05, said:

Sit on enemy cap farming cap points at end of the battle if you want high efficiency. Also @ quoted post, nothing "freaky" about it, you probably got a lot of cap or cap defense points that battle possibly even invader or defender (though I think that many would actually get you higher).

Nah, I sit on enemy cap because it's another way of winning battles.

Battlecruiser #27 Posted Apr 29 2012 - 12:35

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostDucman69, on Apr 29 2012 - 08:50, said:

If you want to milk your efficiency rating:
1) Don't take shots you aren't very confident will hit (pen doesn't matter)

see i can never do this. the main reason I don't get snipers is because i'll gladly blow up a house if it's in the way

Quillan668 #28 Posted Apr 29 2012 - 13:49

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles
For efficiency rating, the average kills per battle and the average damage per battle are weighted by tank tier; they are worth more in low tiers than they are in high tiers. Capture points, defense points, and spots have no such modifier. If you really want to pad the efficiency rating you'll find a low tier vehicle that tends to get a lot of kills and damage while still maintaining enough maneuverability to get caps defense and spots and play nothing but that. For me, that would be the Panzer B2 premium; according to my dossier parse that tank is 2187 efficiency rating; I have 273 battles in it, 536 kills (2 per battle average), 482.3 average damage per battle, 1578 capture points, 281 defense points and 490 tanks spotted. My Murder II comes in slightly lower, and both of those are higher than any other tank I've played for at least 50 battles.

But why would you want to pad the efficiency rating? Just concentrate on playing better; the stats will come along with it.

Fireguard #29 Posted Apr 29 2012 - 14:20

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostQuillan668, on Apr 29 2012 - 13:49, said:

For efficiency rating, the average kills per battle and the average damage per battle are weighted by tank tier; they are worth more in low tiers than they are in high tiers. Capture points, defense points, and spots have no such modifier. If you really want to pad the efficiency rating you'll find a low tier vehicle that tends to get a lot of kills and damage while still maintaining enough maneuverability to get caps defense and spots and play nothing but that. For me, that would be the Panzer B2 premium; according to my dossier parse that tank is 2187 efficiency rating; I have 273 battles in it, 536 kills (2 per battle average), 482.3 average damage per battle, 1578 capture points, 281 defense points and 490 tanks spotted. My Murder II comes in slightly lower, and both of those are higher than any other tank I've played for at least 50 battles.

But why would you want to pad the efficiency rating? Just concentrate on playing better; the stats will come along with it.

Sums it all up. I am now more focused on being proactive than I was for my first 4000 or so battles, it is now starting to show in my results. Slowly. Consistency is the bigger issue.

Beerstein #30 Posted Apr 29 2012 - 17:23

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostFireguard, on Apr 29 2012 - 12:31, said:

Nah, I sit on enemy cap because it's another way of winning battles.
If the battle is a sure win it doesn't matter which you decide to do, kill the enemies or cap the only difference is several thousand efficiency rating for that battle and on average a 500+ difference I still say win rate is key, damage per battle is secondary. If two identical players of identical skills were matched up in identical battles the one who sits on a cap after a sure win would be up by again 500+ efficiency (as an overall average) rating over the one that decides to grab the kill(s) and exp or help his team fight off the last enemies. A matter of random preference shouldn't dictate any good measurement to such an extreme.

Teleos_Rix #31 Posted Apr 29 2012 - 19:40

Sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
If a match is more or less over, even if it only means getting 5-6 cap points I sit on cap for last few seconds of the game instead being one of those silly 10 ppl that chase the last enemy around, fighting for who gets the kill. A couple cap points will raise your efficiency a lot more often than the small chances you do a bit more damage chasing a single enemy down with most your team alive.

5150warpig #32 Posted Apr 29 2012 - 19:56

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
lol well explains why my efficeny sucks. i play alot of arty so spotting capping adn getting defense points are out teh window. unless i escape base be4 they get in which is really hard to do in most arty seeing as they r very slow

aznnoodle727 #33 Posted Apr 29 2012 - 19:56

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostFireguard, on Apr 29 2012 - 08:33, said:

Pretty much what the last two guys said. A few battles like this help;

Posted Image

Freak battle.
http://www.otakufrea...s-over-9000.jpg

Quillan668 #34 Posted Apr 29 2012 - 20:01

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles

View Post5150warpig, on Apr 29 2012 - 19:56, said:

lol well explains why my efficeny sucks. i play alot of arty so spotting capping adn getting defense points are out teh window. unless i escape base be4 they get in which is really hard to do in most arty seeing as they r very slow

Exactly. It's one of the reasons I find the efficiency rating flawed. It greatly favors fast tanks with high firepower over slow tanks, and even those are favored over long range sniper types and artillery.

Fireguard #35 Posted Apr 29 2012 - 21:47

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostBeerstein, on Apr 29 2012 - 17:23, said:

If the battle is a sure win it doesn't matter which you decide to do, kill the enemies or cap the only difference is several thousand efficiency rating for that battle and on average a 500+ difference I still say win rate is key, damage per battle is secondary. If two identical players of identical skills were matched up in identical battles the one who sits on a cap after a sure win would be up by again 500+ efficiency (as an overall average) rating over the one that decides to grab the kill(s) and exp or help his team fight off the last enemies. A matter of random preference shouldn't dictate any good measurement to such an extreme.

I don't really disagree, however w/r can also be padded overall by hanging around the lower tiers a lot.

KiwiMark67 #36 Posted Apr 29 2012 - 22:23

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostBigHammer, on Apr 29 2012 - 11:33, said:

I take it playing arty wont help your efficiency....
lots of misses, no cap...
been grinding the 300 K for my tier 8...some games are great some a crap RNG changes hit ratio a lot in these games

Playing arty should increase your efficiency, LOTS of damage and a reasonable number of kills.

Shoron #37 Posted May 06 2012 - 05:17

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
Well after a few weeks of playing I upgraded to a premium account. I've also put the Panther away for a bit and have been playing my kv and kv-3 more. so far my win rate is  up to 50% from 47% and my efficiency rating has jumped almost 60 points. Which for me isn't bad overall. Granted I am still a completely average player. But as I have been playing a heavy tank I find I enjoy it more then sniping with the Panther.

Garbad #38 Posted May 06 2012 - 05:23

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
How to increase efficiency:

1.  Suiscout.  If you average 3 spots per game thats +600 efficiency right there!
2.  If you are going to win, get on cap.  Even if you are completely useless but get the ticker up 5 points per game, that's +1000 efficiency!
3.  If you aren't sure you will win, just sit behind cap with HE loaded. Do nothing until they start capping, then reset cap once hopefully over 70%. Even if you fail 80% of the time, that's +1400 efficiency per game!

TL;DR - Do pointless things that have no relationship to skill or winning, yet show up on your stat sheet.

HeavyTwenty #39 Posted May 06 2012 - 05:50

Sergeant

• WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 0 battles

View PostKiwiMark67, on Apr 29 2012 - 22:23, said:

Playing arty should increase your efficiency, LOTS of damage and a reasonable number of kills.

Artillery are usually far behind tanks in efficiency because damage is undervalued. Besides, a good tanker will on average outdamage an artillery player just because heavy tanks perform at near 100% effectiveness on most maps while artillery get crippled on many city type maps.

skeetr72 #40 Posted Sep 04 2012 - 03:22

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostTeleos_Rix, on Apr 29 2012 - 10:38, said:

Buying premium/gold DOES increase your efficiency because converting exp to free exp to skip bad tanks (low tier french tanks *cough*) and such can seriously pad your stats. A lot of tanks suck serious bawls stock, so skipping the 100 stock games is a big deal. A very big deal.

Platooning with 2 other good or even average players can raise your rating faster than you skill would naturally progress.

I didnt take the game seriously my first 5-6k games so digging myself out of stat hell is taking awhile (was 800 efficiency then). But 2500 games later I am now in the 1340 efficiency range which isnt much above average although to be completely honest I've seen TONS of 3 person platoons with 2000+ efficiency each and they were complete garbage. Every single day I see purples fail harder than our recent US Presidents.

I use XVM and yeah I do pay more attention to the higher rated players but Ive seen 500 efficiency people do pro shit all they time. Keep in mind people share accounts, parents let kids play on theirs, pure arty players can have low ratings even if they are scary good. To be clear though, a lot of purples are good, but not all purples actually are. That said, I still try to keep my teams purple bastards alive whenever possible just to be safe :Smile_blinky:

Very well said, thanks.

Cheers