Hi, I'm new

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

Bribarian #1 Posted May 01 2012 - 02:32

Sergeant

• Players
  • 5353 battles
  • [KIC] KIC
I had some simple questions that I havent had a chance to ask in-game since I'm busy shooting.

At the higher tiers do you still have light tanks?  As in there being a tier VIII light tank or are they phased out?

If that's not the case do a lot of people sit in the lower tiers for the faster paced battles?

Which is the fastest tank/s in the game?

Which is the hardest hitting tank/s in the game?

Which tank/s can handle the most hits?

Why do I see so many KVs?

There's a lot of info on this game so I have trouble sifting through all of it in between battles.

Damonvile #2 Posted May 01 2012 - 02:38

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 10518 battles
You still have scout tanks at high tier but they lose lots of money. Ppl play them for fun but I wouldnlt go down that line first

People play lower tiers to earn money. If you'r enot on a premium account it can be harder to earn money in higher tiers. You have to do well to make money after tier 7

fastest tank is probably the 50-2 ( russian ) it may not be the fastest top end but it's one of the most maneuverable. The chaffee is a good scout hunter and a more effective fighting tank however....imo

Hardest hitting tank...arty :P then probably the TDs. But this question is really more about alpha or dpm ?

Heavy tanks in general can all take a lot of hits and have their + and -

you see so many KVs because it's a tank that takes a long time to unlock, is fun once ou have the 152 or the 107, is a good money maker...and with the upcoming patch it's going to give you a free garage slot because of the tank tree change.

Bribarian #3 Posted May 01 2012 - 02:41

Sergeant

• Players
  • 5353 battles
  • [KIC] KIC

Hardest hitting tank...arty :P then probably the TDs. But this question is really more about alpha or dpm ?

Thanks for answers, ya I should have been more clear, I meant within light, medium, heavy.

PwntUpRage #4 Posted May 01 2012 - 02:41

Major

• Players
  • 10633 battles
  • [-PACK] -PACK
Tier five lights are the top lights in the game and are tier'd (play against) higher tier tanks.

Quite a few lights and one TD tier 4 and 5 go 72 km per hour with the T-50-2 being the most nimble of the group.

Pace is what you make of it.  Lower tier players seem faster paced because few know tactics yet and go out and just bang.

Top tier 10's are obviously going to have the biggest guns, the one exception is the tier 5 KV, which answers your other question....people play it because the gun is devestating against tanks of its tier range.  There are stats for each tank found in the WoT wiki.  Look through them and they will give you the damage outputs/rounds per minute/penetration etc for each tank.  A one line answer for "what tank hits hardest" really won't answer your question properly.

Toughest tanks again will be tier 10, but there are some very tough tanks at lower tiers such as the AMX 40 and the mini Maus....can't remember its real designation.  But tough skin usually has to give up something else, like speed and mobility to get it.

SovietArms #5 Posted May 01 2012 - 02:42

Sergeant

• Players
  • 13994 battles
  • [TL-DR] TL-DR
1. At higher tiers the light tank tiers cap at tier 7 with the french amx 13 90 , although scout light tanks phase out at tiers 4-5.
2. Some people play lower tiers for more fun since the lower tiers are easier to play , some just do it to make money to repair higher tier tanks
3.Fastes tank in the game is the T-50-2 light tank
4.Hardest hitting tank in the game , is probably one of the high tier russian heavy tanks , or german.
5.German tanks are good at both deflecting shells and soaking up damage.
6.Lots of people use KVs because they are very good tier 5s that can one shot some tanks under its tier with its powerful 107mm gun.

VirusLegion #6 Posted May 01 2012 - 02:43

Sergeant

• Players
  • 5165 battles
  • [MAUS] MAUS
At high tiers you see medium tanks since they go up to tier 9, lights go up to five
Some people do, I personally think it is a good idea to keep a low tier tank around
The fastest tank is probably the Russian A-20, BT-7, or T-50-2
The hardest hitting tanks in the game are the top tier ones, like the Maus, IS-7, and T110
The tanks that can handle the most hits would be the same ones i mentioned just above
You see a lot of KVs because they are great money makers and are good when they are the top tank

Fist_NZ #7 Posted May 01 2012 - 02:48

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 6071 battles
  • [TAB] TAB
Light tanks are useless in public battles, only good for Clan fights

Fastest tanks T-50 and T-50-2 also some of the smaller AMXs

No such thing as hardest hitting. Teir 10 is hardest hitting

Which tank/s can handle the most hits? - At what Tier?

KV is good tank, fun to play and a gateway to many good tanks thats why there are many.

AmericanWolf016 #8 Posted May 01 2012 - 02:50

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 8676 battles
  • [FUR-E] FUR-E
Maybe if you're interested, try both Russian and French Tanks. They both seem to fit ya well, if not then let the others give you suggestions!

*others meaning = someone else could help you out!

cya around in the battle fields!

Gatomon #9 Posted May 01 2012 - 02:51

Captain

• Players
  • 17424 battles
Welcome to WOT!
Have lots of fun and blow up some tanks! :Smile-izmena:

Tolos #10 Posted May 01 2012 - 03:00

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 23371 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

View PostBribarian, on May 01 2012 - 02:32, said:

I had some simple questions that I havent had a chance to ask in-game since I'm busy shooting.

At the higher tiers do you still have light tanks?  As in there being a tier VIII light tank or are they phased out?

If that's not the case do a lot of people sit in the lower tiers for the faster paced battles?

Which is the fastest tank/s in the game?

Which is the hardest hitting tank/s in the game?

Which tank/s can handle the most hits?

Why do I see so many KVs?

There's a lot of info on this game so I have trouble sifting through all of it in between battles.

1 : The scouts tend to be the fastest and for the most part the most fun, however they are not for everyone
2 : Hardest hitting on average are tanks like the Object 704, T30, T95 , E100 ( with the big gun ) then arty after that, while arty CAN hit for huge amounts ( at high tier ) most of the time they wont
3 : The Maus is renown for being the best " shell sponge " in the game

Feel free to open a chat with me in-game, or just PM me here I and I will be happy to help and go into more depth about the tanks etc