Jump to content


Skirmish I


This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
27 replies to this topic

lord_farquad #1 Posted May 02 2012 - 19:21

    Private

  • Players
  • 15344 battles
  • 1,720
  • Member since:
    04-05-2011
Check out our new series of weekly tournaments!

Read more!

Edited by lord_farquad, May 02 2012 - 19:24.


Khagan #2 Posted May 02 2012 - 19:31

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 18596 battles
  • 389
  • [-G-] -G-
  • Member since:
    07-14-2011
IMO a good alternative for those feel they can't win the monthly challenges. Run it Bi-monthly and alongside the challenges maybe (i.e. same time as the challenges). The gold prize is enough to tempt most of the player base but ward off established clans.

Johnyblood #3 Posted May 02 2012 - 19:51

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 14300 battles
  • 611
  • [ROXY] ROXY
  • Member since:
    11-07-2011
Sounds like fun. Would love a chance at free gold. :Smile_honoring:

SWAMI_ #4 Posted May 02 2012 - 19:52

    First lieutenant

  • Beta Testers
  • 12380 battles
  • 721
  • [SIMP] SIMP
  • Member since:
    10-08-2010
To quote the news. " Including everything from tier 1 tournaments to tank vs tank faceoffs, the format will be different every week!"

Does this mean there will be 1v1 ?

RedStorm #5 Posted May 02 2012 - 19:54

    Corporal

  • Beta Testers
  • 5551 battles
  • 99
  • Member since:
    11-17-2011
"Registration begins on May 2, 2012 and ends on April 4, 2012 at 3PM PDT (5PM EST, 22:00 UTC)."
You mean May 4th.

lord_farquad #6 Posted May 02 2012 - 19:55

    Private

  • Players
  • 15344 battles
  • 1,720
  • Member since:
    04-05-2011

View PostRedStorm, on May 02 2012 - 19:54, said:

"Registration begins on May 2, 2012 and ends on April 4, 2012 at 3PM PDT (5PM EST, 22:00 UTC)."
You mean May 4th.

Correct, it has been fixed.

angrypapi #7 Posted May 02 2012 - 20:07

    Corporal

  • Beta Testers
  • 11194 battles
  • 96
  • Member since:
    01-19-2011
Is the format still 5 vs. 5 for this tourney?

WolverineDeus #8 Posted May 02 2012 - 21:12

    Corporal

  • Banned
  • 11406 battles
  • 85
  • Member since:
    06-23-2011
There does not seem to be any Total Points limit specified for a given team, beyond that implied by the fact that 7 players each fielding a maximum Tier IV vehicle is indicated.  The assumption, therefore, would seem to be that a team can total 7 x 4 = 28 tier points total.

The only logical vehicle for entry in this tournament would seem to be a fully upgraded T-50 using gold ammo. No other Tier IV vehicles can probably compete with a line-up of 7 T-50 light tanks, particularly on an open map like Prochorovka, so perhaps the contest should be renamed the "T-50 Skirmish Tournament".

In reviewing the teams forming for the contest, I note that Moderators and WG Staff are being allowed to participate, which implies teams with virtually unlimited access to gold ammo.  This is turn creates the logical presumption that teams NOT using gold ammo will be at a decided disadvantage.

All things considered, this promises to be perhaps the best conceived Tournament since the Loltraktor Contest. :facepalmic:

Comrade_Zhukov #9 Posted May 02 2012 - 21:20

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 9906 battles
  • 932
  • Member since:
    04-18-2011
Anyone else notice that they left in tier 4 lights?

Team of all T-50s running LL oil and RSGs, with 100% crews, against a team of tier 4s...

KPEMEHb #10 Posted May 02 2012 - 21:26

    Major

  • Players
  • 39442 battles
  • 2,049
  • [_UKR_] _UKR_
  • Member since:
    02-27-2011
And why do you think it is not fun?

btw a few of tier 4 TDs can one shop derp T-50s if they annoy you so much.

lord_farquad #11 Posted May 02 2012 - 21:46

    Private

  • Players
  • 15344 battles
  • 1,720
  • Member since:
    04-05-2011

View PostWolverineDeus, on May 02 2012 - 21:12, said:

There does not seem to be any Total Points limit specified for a given team, beyond that implied by the fact that 7 players each fielding a maximum Tier IV vehicle is indicated.  The assumption, therefore, would seem to be that a team can total 7 x 4 = 28 tier points total.

The only logical vehicle for entry in this tournament would seem to be a fully upgraded T-50 using gold ammo. No other Tier IV vehicles can probably compete with a line-up of 7 T-50 light tanks, particularly on an open map like Prochorovka, so perhaps the contest should be renamed the "T-50 Skirmish Tournament".

In reviewing the teams forming for the contest, I note that Moderators and WG Staff are being allowed to participate, which implies teams with virtually unlimited access to gold ammo.  This is turn creates the logical presumption that teams NOT using gold ammo will be at a decided disadvantage.

All things considered, this promises to be perhaps the best conceived Tournament since the Loltraktor Contest. :facepalmic:

Unfortunately WG staff are not allowed to participate. One team was temporarily made for testing purposes, but we won't get to fight you in this tournament :(

BDKas #12 Posted May 02 2012 - 22:29

    Sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 7087 battles
  • 144
  • Member since:
    12-03-2010
Whats the format? How many tier points can we use?

GuardPatroller #13 Posted May 02 2012 - 22:35

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 2890 battles
  • 170
  • Member since:
    05-14-2011
SU-85B FTW. A full team of SU-85B's would be so awesome. xD

Tempted to grind the Soviet TD line now. Glad I rid myself of the JagdPanzer4.

SqueakyShoes7 #14 Posted May 02 2012 - 22:51

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 13203 battles
  • 667
  • Member since:
    08-17-2011
Thats awseome! Im getting free slots with the next update so I can buy meself a tier 4 td for da tourny! Now I just got to find a team :(

rinying #15 Posted May 02 2012 - 23:39

    Major

  • Players
  • 11134 battles
  • 5,746
  • Member since:
    04-07-2011
hetzers ftw!

Fiveleaf #16 Posted May 02 2012 - 23:40

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 5619 battles
  • 36
  • Member since:
    12-12-2011
So there is 0 arty allowed, and no real point max (outside of the obvious player limit?)

dead_man_walking #17 Posted May 02 2012 - 23:55

    Sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 10450 battles
  • 187
  • Member since:
    09-14-2010
Hmm 2:30am UTC - well that knocks out Oceanic TZ players - midday for me in Adelaide, 12:30pm for Sydney/Melbourne/Brisbane, 2:30pm for the NZ players, 10AM WA/HK/Korea/Japan .....

*edit- Unless this is a weekend comp only?

Edited by dead_man_walking, May 03 2012 - 00:10.


lord_farquad #18 Posted May 03 2012 - 01:19

    Private

  • Players
  • 15344 battles
  • 1,720
  • Member since:
    04-05-2011

View Postdead_man_walking, on May 02 2012 - 23:55, said:

Hmm 2:30am UTC - well that knocks out Oceanic TZ players - midday for me in Adelaide, 12:30pm for Sydney/Melbourne/Brisbane, 2:30pm for the NZ players, 10AM WA/HK/Korea/Japan .....

*edit- Unless this is a weekend comp only?

We're sorry about that. We are currently discussing the logistics of having an Ante meridiem Skirmish as well, as we definitely don't want to exclude our AM players.

WolverineDeus #19 Posted May 03 2012 - 02:55

    Corporal

  • Banned
  • 11406 battles
  • 85
  • Member since:
    06-23-2011
The announcement page indicates that the gold prizes for Third and Fourth place are the same, 1000 gold.  This being the case, what would be the motivation for the Third and Fourth place teams to fight the final battle in the series on May 13th, apart from the nominal satisfaction of the ranking?

Also, since the awards are specified for each member of a team, including reserves, this creates a potential inequity in which at least 3 team members on a team of 10 might qualify for a gold award without having to ever actually take the field or participate in a match, while a team of 7 dedicated players who make whatever sacrifices they must in order to be available for every match receive a total prize award that is 30% less than a team that enlists 3 featherbedders.  It would seem more equitable, in a situation like this, to specify a total amount of gold to be awarded for each place, and then to divide the total equally among the team members -- i.e., a 10-member team would divide a First Place award of 50,000 gold ten ways, while a 7-member team would divide the same 50,000 gold seven ways, and so forth. ;)

dead_man_walking #20 Posted May 03 2012 - 03:38

    Sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 10450 battles
  • 187
  • Member since:
    09-14-2010

View Postlord_farquad, on May 03 2012 - 01:19, said:

We're sorry about that. We are currently discussing the logistics of having an Ante meridiem Skirmish as well, as we definitely don't want to exclude our AM players.


Mate - if it's a Saturday (AU) morning (so we don't conflict with the Classic Season) then it won't be an issue.
If this is midweek like the Challenges then it will be.

Dead