Jump to content


8.8 cm Pak 43 JagdTiger specifications

Uber-Peashoota

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
108 replies to this topic

Beerstein #81 Posted May 03 2012 - 18:16

    Major

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 9,746
  • Member since:
    08-18-2011
I'll just say this right now to the ones complaining before it's even out. You don't have to buy it.

xCaptainObviousx #82 Posted May 03 2012 - 18:28

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 508
  • Member since:
    11-05-2011
13 RPM? This thing will turn into a tier 8 Churchill: 88 spam of doom inbound.

it might seem bad on paper but by the time another tank puts it's 2nd round into you it should have recieved at least 4 shells in return.

WarStore #83 Posted May 03 2012 - 18:29

    Major

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 6,434
  • Member since:
    01-31-2011

View PostxCaptainObviousx, on May 03 2012 - 18:28, said:

13 RPM? This thing will turn into a tier 8 Churchill: 88 spam of doom inbound.

it might seem bad on paper but by the time another tank puts it's 2nd round into you it should have recieved at least 4 shells in return.

Actually, unless the enemy is really stupid, he will not wait those four shells... he will hide and reload.

SHISHKABOB #84 Posted May 03 2012 - 18:43

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
  • 13,109
  • Member since:
    12-06-2010

View PostWarStore, on May 03 2012 - 18:29, said:

Actually, unless the enemy is really stupid, he will not wait those four shells... he will hide and reload.

sometimes you can do things called "ambushes" where you surprise the enemy and he has little chance to defend himself. Or, you know, shooting at someone across the map.

Imagine this: some big fat heavy rolls down one of those sniping cliffs on El Halluf to shoot at somebody. Herr 8.8 Jagdtiger sees this suck and starts laying into him. Big fat heavy is big and fat and takes a while to pull himself back up and then out of the sniping spot.

These kinds of situations happen all the time.

tlun315 #85 Posted May 03 2012 - 18:45

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 754
  • Member since:
    04-25-2011

View PostDeath187, on May 03 2012 - 15:12, said:

Why would they give it more armor than the T9 JT? lol. It is a premium... it is supposed to be weaker than a T8 Ferdi.
Yes, It should be weaker than what you earn for,
but this premium JT is just a JT with stock Ferd gun...and it is slower(accleration) and a big weakspot like the T9 JT has...

Death187 #86 Posted May 03 2012 - 18:50

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
  • 4,465
  • Member since:
    09-23-2010

View Posttlun315, on May 03 2012 - 18:45, said:

Yes, It should be weaker than what you earn for,
but this premium JT is just a JT with stock Ferd gun...and it is slower(accleration) and a big weakspot like the T9 JT has...

My whole argument is that they should have created a new TD for the premium role. Using an exsisting TD dumbed down bothers me. I fully intend to by this TD as I already love my T9 JT. It just bothers me that someone can buy a JT without having to grind it out, regardless of the reductions they are implimenting for the T8 prem.

Edited by Death187, May 03 2012 - 18:51.


Starne #87 Posted May 03 2012 - 19:02

    Major

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 4,051
  • Member since:
    01-31-2011
To everyone who's saying how this tank is going to have "weak armor" Keep in mind that this is not a tier 9 vehicle. This is a tier 8. This is a tier 8 TD based on the King Tiger chassis, and topped with a 250mm thick casemate.  The King Tiger is arguably the best tier 8 heavy, and aside from the lower glacis, the chassis is fantastic. The Upper glacis is 150mm thick at like a good angle for something like 200mm of effective thickness. Bottom line? More armor than the Ferdi. Even better, because of the better armor layout(Ferdi has those stupid 80mm plates behind the headlights), it'll be much easier to angle this TD's armor, increasing the effective armor even more.

More armor than the Ferdi, a 88mm Machinegun, and the printing press that comes standard with tier 8 premiums. The 88mm L71 is more than enough to put the fear of god into most tier 8 tanks. What this tank's fate is really riding on is how it gets treated by the MM.

Edited by Starne, May 03 2012 - 19:03.


Beerstein #88 Posted May 03 2012 - 19:08

    Major

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 9,746
  • Member since:
    08-18-2011

View PostDeath187, on May 03 2012 - 18:50, said:

My whole argument is that they should have created a new TD for the premium role. Using an exsisting TD dumbed down bothers me. I fully intend to by this TD as I already love my T9 JT. It just bothers me that someone can buy a JT without having to grind it out, regardless of the reductions they are implimenting for the T8 prem.
You gotta think of it this way though, anyone who hasn't ground out the German TD line already is going to be in for a huge shock when they jump in this tank. I can't see many that aren't already german TD players being able to use it effectively.

Tupinambis #89 Posted May 03 2012 - 19:12

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
  • 10,394
  • Member since:
    12-22-2010

View PostQuirky, on May 03 2012 - 18:15, said:

Its a Premium tank, it will do well and it will get preferential placement, make no mistake. This game is clearly on a path of F2P to Pay2Win.
This statement would only be true if the Tier 8 premiums were actually better than the standard tier 8's. They're not.

publord #90 Posted May 03 2012 - 19:13

    First lieutenant

  • Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
  • 821
  • Member since:
    08-05-2010

Quote

To everyone who's saying how this tank is going to have "weak armor" Keep in mind that this is not a tier 9 vehicle. This is a tier 8. This is a tier 8 TD based on the King Tiger chassis, and topped with a 250mm thick casemate. The King Tiger is arguably the best tier 8 heavy, and aside from the lower glacis, the chassis is fantastic. The Upper glacis is 150mm thick at like a good angle for something like 200mm of effective thickness. Bottom line? More armor than the Ferdi. Even better, because of the better armor layout(Ferdi has those stupid 80mm plates behind the headlights), it'll be much easier to angle this TD's armor, increasing the effective armor even more.

"Everyone" being everyone who has ever shot at a JT with 200+ pen. The lower glacis is larger than the KT's and is butter to 200+ pen. The upper glacis is like the KT's but with BL-9 or similar gun can be penned the majority of the time.

carlzyy #91 Posted May 03 2012 - 19:17

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 328
  • Member since:
    02-23-2011
Body of T9 TD + gun of T7 TD = T8 Premium TD...

But the gun is indeed too weak for a tier 8... :o

ultra1437 #92 Posted May 03 2012 - 19:26

    Captain

  • Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
  • 1,225
  • Member since:
    11-28-2010

View PostDeath187, on May 03 2012 - 16:55, said:



You are missing the point... What if they take the T95 as it is at T9, reduced hit points, replaced the 155mm with the 105mm and called it a T8 premium. The T95 drivers would not be happy about it. Same thing with the 704 drivers if their 704 was cloned, lowered hp, and stuck with the 122mm cannon. The point is you are taking away the fire power and hit points of a T9 but leaving all the same armor and armor weaknesses.

The best analogy I can think of is a vaccine... a vaccine is a virus that is weakened so your immune system can learn how to defeat it. The T8 premium JT is like a vaccine for the T9 JT. They take away Hit Points, engine power, and the 128L61r then flood the game with them. This will allow players who do not normally come into contact with the JT to have experience in fighting them; Then take this experience and apply it to the T9 JT.

Why did they not just create a E75 TD and make it a premium TD and call it a day?

Actually, that 105 is the historical armament for the T95...  Just like the T29 upgrades to it's historic caliber, it doesn't even get it's historical gun, the 105mm T5E2, not T5E1.  The T5E2 i believe was longer (and allowed for a much higher shell velocity?) but at the offset of having higher weight due to the longer barrel.

As far as the E-75 being a TD, it's based on the KT hull, and the E-75 is a bigger, more powerful KT...  I think the regular JT would be considered a TD version of the E-75, while the JT-88 will be the KT TD then.

I do agree this could easily turn into the "type 59 syndrome" again.  Which because of it's similarities to the T-54 let the masses fight them (the same thing happened to the T-54, and it just hasn't been the same since, according to clannies) and easily take on a t-54 because they have the same hull shape.  Just a little harder to hit a 54 when he's consistantly juking.  Just like a 50-2.

Death187 #93 Posted May 03 2012 - 19:36

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
  • 4,465
  • Member since:
    09-23-2010

View Postultra1437, on May 03 2012 - 19:26, said:

Actually, that 105 is the historical armament for the T95...  Just like the T29 upgrades to it's historic caliber, it doesn't even get it's historical gun, the 105mm T5E2, not T5E1.  The T5E2 i believe was longer (and allowed for a much higher shell velocity?) but at the offset of having higher weight due to the longer barrel.

As far as the E-75 being a TD, it's based on the KT hull, and the E-75 is a bigger, more powerful KT...  I think the regular JT would be considered a TD version of the E-75, while the JT-88 will be the KT TD then.

I do agree this could easily turn into the "type 59 syndrome" again.  Which because of it's similarities to the T-54 let the masses fight them (the same thing happened to the T-54, and it just hasn't been the same since, according to clannies) and easily take on a t-54 because they have the same hull shape.  Just a little harder to hit a 54 when he's consistantly juking.  Just like a 50-2.

I know the historical equipment for a lot of these TDs is not correct in the game. Let me simplify my point, it is wrong to take a T9 TD that people bust their butts griding out and make a T8 premium version. As you said, this is going to be "type 59 syndrome" all over again. That is why I am so upset about this.

As far as a TD replacement for a T8 premium JT I know the E75 is much more solid of a hull than the KT. I was just giving examples of other models that are not going to be used in the second German TD line. Heck the Devs could have just rolled out a fantasy TD based on the KT hull with a Ferdi style superstructure. I just do not think it is right, or fair, to create a premium version of a tank that people have had to grind out.

Edit: Here is the solution... Make an E50 TD and mount a rear superstructure like the Ferdi on it... "The E-50 hull was to be longer than the Panther, in fact it was practically identical to the King Tiger in overall dimensions except for the glacis plate layout."

Edited by Death187, May 03 2012 - 19:40.


Fleshlight #94 Posted May 03 2012 - 19:47

    Staff sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
  • 292
  • Member since:
    08-03-2010
I'm looking forward to this for one reason only.......

There will be about a month window where these things are all over, most of them driven by people
who have never driven a real JT and have no clue how to deal with it's myriad of weaknesses.
Hello, sweet delicious free kills.

mattauto #95 Posted May 03 2012 - 19:49

    Staff sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
  • 310
  • Member since:
    11-28-2010

View PostDeath187, on May 03 2012 - 19:36, said:

I know the historical equipment for a lot of these TDs is not correct in the game. Let me simplify my point, it is wrong to take a T9 TD that people bust their butts griding out and make a T8 premium version. As you said, this is going to be "type 59 syndrome" all over again. That is why I am so upset about this.

As far as a TD replacement for a T8 premium JT I know the E75 is much more solid of a hull than the KT. I was just giving examples of other models that are not going to be used in the second German TD line. Heck the Devs could have just rolled out a fantasy TD based on the KT hull with a Ferdi style superstructure. I just do not think it is right, or fair, to create a premium version of a tank that people have had to grind out.

Edit: Here is the solution... Make an E50 TD and mount a rear superstructure like the Ferdi on it... "The E-50 hull was to be longer than the Panther, in fact it was practically identical to the King Tiger in overall dimensions except for the glacis plate layout."
Especially after going through the Jagdpanzer IV which I am currently on and about 40k away from Jagdpanther. :(
I have an ISU-152 and am almost at the 704 xp wise and I would be upset if people could just buy a 704 clone
without working up to it and having to do the SU-152 grind.

Elbow #96 Posted May 03 2012 - 19:52

    Captain

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 1,071
  • Member since:
    01-28-2011
I know it has some short comings when compared to the tier 8 TD's. But looking at this as someone who recently wanted a tier 8 premium tank for credit farming I see great potential. The long 88mm is a great gun and can do ok at tier 8. The rest of the attributes are subject to change. However if I compare this to paying 7500 gold for a KV-5 I would take this over the -5 any day. Compared to a T34 or Lowe I would have to think long and hard about spending almost double the money.

Beerstein #97 Posted May 03 2012 - 19:52

    Major

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 9,746
  • Member since:
    08-18-2011

View PostDeath187, on May 03 2012 - 19:36, said:

I know the historical equipment for a lot of these TDs is not correct in the game. Let me simplify my point, it is wrong to take a T9 TD that people bust their butts griding out and make a T8 premium version. As you said, this is going to be "type 59 syndrome" all over again. That is why I am so upset about this.

As far as a TD replacement for a T8 premium JT I know the E75 is much more solid of a hull than the KT. I was just giving examples of other models that are not going to be used in the second German TD line. Heck the Devs could have just rolled out a fantasy TD based on the KT hull with a Ferdi style superstructure. I just do not think it is right, or fair, to create a premium version of a tank that people have had to grind out.

Edit: Here is the solution... Make an E50 TD and mount a rear superstructure like the Ferdi on it... "The E-50 hull was to be longer than the Panther, in fact it was practically identical to the King Tiger in overall dimensions except for the glacis plate layout."
I will agree with you that it's a real kick in the balls to German TD players and only relish in the fact that the users will mostly suck at using it. I too expect the same swarms we got with Type 59s though and am right now as mentioned considering working up a medium line to counter that.

Death187 #98 Posted May 03 2012 - 19:53

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
  • 4,465
  • Member since:
    09-23-2010

View Postmattauto, on May 03 2012 - 19:49, said:

Especially after going through the Jagdpanzer IV which I am currently on and about 40k away from Jagdpanther. :(
I have an ISU-152 and am almost at the 704 xp wise and I would be upset if people could just buy a 704 clone
without working up to it and having to do the SU-152 grind.

Exactly, it's the same thing they did to the T54 drivers with the Type59...

Kaiten #99 Posted May 03 2012 - 20:23

    First lieutenant

  • Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
  • 624
  • Member since:
    07-09-2010
So it's just a slower stock Tiger-II without the turret. If someone knows how to kill a Tiger-II then he should know how to kill a JagdTiger (minus the cupola).

Edit: Rate of Fire is really impressive though. Maybe it's not bad after all.

Edited by Kaiten, May 03 2012 - 20:27.


Whyan #100 Posted May 03 2012 - 20:31

    Captain

  • Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
  • 1,872
  • Member since:
    01-26-2011

View PostSeanPwnery, on May 03 2012 - 15:37, said:

That RoF ITDUDE is proposing is really enticing, however, I'm still going to stand by the "Wtf" factor when it came to cutting the engine 170 horsepower. The damn tier 9 JT was already pretty crippled in terms of manueverability already.... now it's going to climb, accelerate and possibly turn on the go even worse. *IF* they compensated the lesser weight of the 88mm gun as compared to the weight of the 128mm L/61, and not mess with the acceleration or turn-on-the-go speed, then it'll be adequate at best since it's still so easily flankable.

They did compensate for the weight as the stats list the JT88 at about ~5 tons lighter than a stock JT. If the stats don't change than it will probably have mobility similar to a King tiger with the HL 230 engine ( top Tiger 1 engine).

On another note, the frontal armour layout is actually better than the King Tiger's, Ferdi's, and even the T28's layout because it only sports the lower glacis as a weakspot.

Curious as to how this will play in T8 games.