World of Tanks Classic, Season I Playoff Details

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

lord_farquad #1 Posted May 03 2012 - 22:32

Head of eSports

• Administrator
  • 0 battles
A first look at how the Classic, Season I playoffs will take place!

Read more!

Inilitus #2 Posted May 03 2012 - 22:48

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
Does anyone here like chicken nuggets?

ionis #3 Posted May 03 2012 - 22:48

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
nice sexy appearance on the Jolly Shoutcast sir!  Good info.  Looking forward equally to the playoffs of Season 1 and a Season 2 that improves on the deficiencies of Season 1 and builds on the good aspects. <3

holakc #4 Posted May 04 2012 - 03:39

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles
Good work with the tournament organization!!!

even with my horrible english skills i need to ask things to get clear idea and give opinion on a constructive way (im a visible face of many of my clanmates (ACA & ACA-T) that dont know enough english or dont have the time to come to the forum as often than i)

sooo after all these reading of the things i added on spoiler with sources etc,...

¿the prizes now per team member or are the pools that give solid teams less gold?

the roster changes makes teams with less members more efective prize wise than were before.

i think the "more prize for less members" was a factor for teams with less than 20 players doing tecnical defeats, and now they can change roster.

when you read my post, please keep in mind the intention of this post is not agresive my english skills arent good enough to give the intentions to the text.

The ture intention is to be constructive givig the "why" i think like that.

and not necesary to be for this season, it may be for future events/tournamets/etc,....

Spoiler                     

its just the info i colected soo far...

thats why i ask for clarification and i give my idea for maybe upcoming events.

i love this tournament, that is why im interested on it, i dont know if my team will go to playoff or not, the teams from my clan never won a tournament prize till now, so isnt me asking to give me more gold, its just a constructive critic.

Best wishes & regards
i also want to give you my congratulations for the good organization of the event

regards, holakc

NINj4 #5 Posted May 04 2012 - 11:14

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
Is there any way i could the recticle display at around 0:50 into the video?

Regards, NINj4

Relics #6 Posted May 04 2012 - 14:38

First lieutenant

• WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 0 battles

View PostNINj4, on May 04 2012 - 11:14, said:

Is there any way i could the recticle display at around 0:50 into the video?

Regards, NINj4

All the mods I use are available here: http://www.curse.com...ds/worldoftanks

I believe it's called J1mb0's Reticles.

lord_farquad #7 Posted May 04 2012 - 21:12

Head of eSports

• Administrator
  • 0 battles

View Postholakc, on May 04 2012 - 03:39, said:

Good work with the tournament organization!!!

even with my horrible english skills i need to ask things to get clear idea and give opinion on a constructive way (im a visible face of many of my clanmates (ACA & ACA-T) that dont know enough english or dont have the time to come to the forum as often than i)

sooo after all these reading of the things i added on spoiler with sources etc,...

¿the prizes now per team member or are the pools that give solid teams less gold?

the roster changes makes teams with less members more efective prize wise than were before.

i think the "more prize for less members" was a factor for teams with less than 20 players doing tecnical defeats, and now they can change roster.

when you read my post, please keep in mind the intention of this post is not agresive my english skills arent good enough to give the intentions to the text.

The ture intention is to be constructive givig the "why" i think like that.

and not necesary to be for this season, it may be for future events/tournamets/etc,....

Spoiler                     

its just the info i colected soo far...

thats why i ask for clarification and i give my idea for maybe upcoming events.

i love this tournament, that is why im interested on it, i dont know if my team will go to playoff or not, the teams from my clan never won a tournament prize till now, so isnt me asking to give me more gold, its just a constructive critic.

Best wishes & regards
i also want to give you my congratulations for the good organization of the event

regards, holakc

The second list was correct. The thread originated from the original league announcement, which still had the old values. It has been corrected, and I apologize for any confusion that it may have caused.

accurato #8 Posted May 05 2012 - 15:36

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
Although i agree with having more than the top place teams i;m not sure having 36 teams as a wild card 'might be to large'. you have more wildcard teams than top teams. Why bother to push for the top if it's easier to make the second tier teams it's a larger pool of teams. In almost all leagues the wild card positions dont outnumber the top teams.

radiation777 #9 Posted May 14 2012 - 18:13

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
For the next Classic League -

Just keep it to world cup format:
  • 2 division leaders goto "The Cup Round"
  • Wild cards are only for a handful of spots, tie breaker round if needed.
  • Final tourney size is based on Division Count.
Cup Round starts the single elimination.  

Your current setup is not the "US" wildcard model, it's a model one of your Dev's came up with, 28 Divisions and 36 Wildcards? I know you think it matches the MLB system, but it's ludacris to have more Wildcards than Divisions.

ASK YOUR COMMUNITY before your meetings in the conference room to decide structures.  Trust us we can help you! Dev's should not decide on Sport related decisions, just as Jocks should not write code.

When you set up these weird rules, and communicate poorly the structure you lose Credibility in the NA market, again.  Clan's have members that diseminate the confusing info to their less technical members.  We do that for Wargaming all the time to keep 70% of our Clan-mates happy and grinding.  You will not convert PUB players when you appear to have little clue on how to make the process easy and logical.

This Tourney has been entertaining to play in regardless of the odd rule shifts, and playoff/roster announcements.  Next time just ask us up front and we can practically write the copy for you.  <- not a jab at your past grammer WG ;)

Looking forward to the playoffs-

shiki #10 Posted May 27 2012 - 01:39

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
28 teams in it
the rest have

21 with 24 points
1 with 23 points
9 with 22 points
15 with 21 points
to take 36 places

31 are taken up to the 22 points
5 places for 15 teams with 21 points

so tie breaker... for 15 teams to take 5 places... 1/3 go in it?