How do you effectively report someone?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

Gabost8 #1 Posted May 04 2012 - 03:48

Corporal

• Players
  • 8750 battles
I'm asking this because I've had the misfortune of having two games where some player was just being an idiot. The first game was when someone decided to block our arty, then tell the enemy team where our arty was, because apparently arty ruins the game, etc. Oh and my platoonmate said he has seen him do that before. In another game someone just constantly verbally harassed our team after he TKed someone because he was blocking him or something and then got killed. In these kind of situations the ignore option is just not enough.

I know the complaint system won't always work, probably because its very exploitable and, of course, everything has to be proved. So, I'm asking because I'm compelled to get people like them out of the game at least for some time. I also want to know if it worked, and know if they were banned, just to feel better.

We need an effective report system other than the complaint system, or else the game community is doomed. If that system exists, which is it?

Edited by Gabost8, May 04 2012 - 03:49.

crystalshatter #2 Posted May 04 2012 - 03:54

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 10058 battles
  • [KURO] KURO
Submit a ticket, or press W and right click in postmortem mode while viewing the player you wish to report.

Fireguard #3 Posted May 04 2012 - 03:59

Captain

• Players
  • 8330 battles
Key word is 'effective'.

Ekscalybur #4 Posted May 04 2012 - 04:15

Captain

• Players
  • 22604 battles
It is effective. I've seen a couple of people post on the forums and let us know about their 'vacations' in rather colorful language.

JRonnie #5 Posted May 04 2012 - 05:29

Corporal

• Players
  • 3588 battles
I've had a couple of situations now where someone has been calling out surviving tank locations to the opposition (once on my team, once from someone on the opposing team).  What's the best way to report these jokers?  Is it Ctrl right clicking on their name and hitting the 'unfair play' button, or is there a better way?

CommissarKharkov #6 Posted May 04 2012 - 07:42

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 40726 battles

View PostJRonnie, on May 04 2012 - 05:29, said:

I've had a couple of situations now where someone has been calling out surviving tank locations to the opposition (once on my team, once from someone on the opposing team).  What's the best way to report these jokers?  Is it Ctrl right clicking on their name and hitting the 'unfair play' button, or is there a better way?

That works - Control Right-click on their name and then select Complaint, then "Unfair Play".  WoT specifically includes in their example of "Unfair Play" the revealing of teammates locations to the opposing team.

Another option to file a complaint is to go to Tech Support and file a ticket.  A complaint is one of the ticket options.  Provide the players name and what they did.  Be sure to attach a screenshot or replay to support your claim, if possible.  I've done this a few times and they've been very responsive.

Note - WoT has said repeatedly they will not reveal if people do get banned.  Unfortunately, as a side effect, it is hard to tell if someone actually got in trouble for what they did.

Edited by CommissarKharkov, May 04 2012 - 07:42.

togo281 #7 Posted May 04 2012 - 08:07

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 15997 battles
The truth is you can't!!! Know anyone who was every banned, nope!!!  Every see a list of banned players or deleted accounts, nope!

Your more likely be banned for posting something then anything you do in the game.

sempah #8 Posted May 04 2012 - 08:12

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16770 battles
  • [POTT] POTT
this is weird what the definition of unfair play is.  the other day i was in my t29 hiding behind a house.  when a kv tries to destroy the house i am hiding behind.  it's one of them that can be destroyed by runnning into it, after the tried for 7 or  times I mentioned it to him that he couldnt. so as a thanks he decides to move against my track and move back and forth tried to damage it.  I asked him to stop, he keeps doing it.  I had no choice but to kill it.  I know friendly kills are a big no.  but he left me no choice.  I saved the film and sent it just in case i get reported along with an explanation.

now some guys really want to be pricks and this guy definately was one of them. I have killed friendly tanks plenty of times before by accident.  I have been killed by accident many times.  mostly because i ran in front of another guy as he was shooting.  that is understandable and save it as one of them oh chit moments.

anyway we got so many kids who dont really give a crap about having to start over.  so I save all my films in case someting comes up at least I can defend myself.  I spend more than a couple of bucks a month to support the game and I really would hate to leave to because i am banned due to some idiot who dont give a crap.

Edited by sempah, May 04 2012 - 08:13.

purestevil #9 Posted May 04 2012 - 12:57

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 10778 battles
You don't.   WG are satisfied with the teamkill mechanisms that they have in place and really don't seem to pay much heed to complaints about any particular player.

Heh #10 Posted May 04 2012 - 13:01

Captain

• Players
  • 4129 battles
Screenshotting then submitting a ticket is the best way.

Complaint system is a just support magnet of sorts, and attracts support's attention to that player. Not effective as one action doesn't repeat itself a lot.

CommissarKharkov #11 Posted May 04 2012 - 23:56

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 40726 battles

View Posttogo281, on May 04 2012 - 08:07, said:

The truth is you can't!!! Know anyone who was every banned, nope!!!  Every see a list of banned players or deleted accounts, nope!

There is one exception to them "not naming names", which I forgot to mention.  From time to time they have posted a "bot list" of folks banned for running bots, along with a description of bot use and that it is a bannable infraction.

Evil_Die #12 Posted Sep 03 2012 - 04:29

Private

• Players
  • 26452 battles
  • [RISK] RISK
how can we report those players who hit us at the last 5 seconds in the battle???  we dont have time to report them that happens with me alot