Jump to content


20 games required to post.


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
150 replies to this topic

Tanitha #1 Posted May 05 2012 - 01:03

    Major

  • WG Staff
  • 2405 battles
  • 4,723
  • Member since:
    08-20-2010

*
POPULAR

Hello Tankers.  :Smile_honoring:

With the new forums come some new features, such as the ability to set the number of games required to post into particular forum sections.

As such the forums have now been set to a "20 game" requirement to post except for the following sections:
  • New Players section
  • News & Information subsection
  • The Chieftain's Hatch subsection
  • Technical Support & Bug Reporting section
  • World of Tanks Wiki Project
This system is currently on trial, and may be adjusted later depending on feedback and results. We hope it will make the forums a more enjoyable place for our player base, free of spam and alternative accounts.

Feel free to provide feedback within this thread.

*Edit, If the forums display as locked, for you, please relog to clear this bug.

Regards
Tan.

Edited by hobbstrosity, Jun 22 2012 - 01:35.


SHISHKABOB #2 Posted May 05 2012 - 01:04

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 8799 battles
  • 13,143
  • Member since:
    12-06-2010
I

Love

Allllllll

of you

Charlie__Zulu #3 Posted May 05 2012 - 01:07

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 10760 battles
  • 932
  • Member since:
    04-18-2011
This is an excellent idea, preventing people from abusing alts and posting before actually trying out the game.  However, the limit on the technical support section seems a bit senseless.  If people are having trouble getting the game to run, they often go straight to the forums instead of contacting support.  Preventing them from posting will probably confuse them further and might turn them away, even if it is a relatively simple problem.

EDIT:

Thanks Tan, read the post too fast and missed that.  I was wondering why the forums geared at newcomers were the ones locked, but now I've got it.

Edited by Comrade_Zhukov, May 05 2012 - 01:14.


PwntUpRage #4 Posted May 05 2012 - 01:07

    Major

  • Players
  • 10776 battles
  • 2,591
  • [-PACK] -PACK
  • Member since:
    03-19-2011
Thats fantastic!

Sounds like good criteria for still allowing some access to new players, but restricting those who refuse to try and learn on there own, or those accounts created to just grief or buy overseas gold!

Edited by PwntUpRage, May 05 2012 - 01:26.


_Dracarys #5 Posted May 05 2012 - 01:11

    Major

  • Players
  • 35224 battles
  • 2,443
  • Member since:
    11-27-2011

Tanitha, on May 05 2012 - 01:03, said:

Hello Tankers.  :Smile_honoring:

With the new forum's come some new features, such as the ability to set the number of games required to post into particular forum sections.

As such the forum’s has now been set to a "20 game" requirement to post except for the following sections.

New Player's section
News & Information subsection.
The Chieftain's hatch subsection.
Technical Support & Bug Reporting section.

This system is currently on trial, and maybe adjusted later depending on feedback and results.
We hope it will make the forums a more enjoyable place for our player base, free of spam and alternative accounts.

Feel free to provide feedback within this thread.

Regards
Tan.

great adjustment, now all those scam "cheap gold" websites cant advertise here

The_Lord_Chanka #6 Posted May 05 2012 - 01:11

    Captain

  • Players
  • 2377 battles
  • 1,608
  • Member since:
    09-08-2011
Thank you. Now we won't have new players thinking they know everything about the game and that anything they don't know is a hack. But I sense many more troll posts in the Newcomer sections...

Tanitha #7 Posted May 05 2012 - 01:11

    Major

  • WG Staff
  • 2405 battles
  • 4,723
  • Member since:
    08-20-2010

Comrade_Zhukov, on May 05 2012 - 01:07, said:

This is an excellent idea, preventing people from abusing alts and posting before actually trying out the game.  However, the limit on the technical support section seems a bit senseless.  If people are having trouble getting the game to run, they often go straight to the forums instead of contacting support.  Preventing them from posting will probably confuse them further and might turn them away, even if it is a relatively simple problem.

Hi, Comrade
Thanks for the concern, But its the other way around.
The whole forums has a 20 game requirement, except the New player section and Technical support sections.

So yes the new player and support sections have no requirements on them so the new players can seek help and assistance if needed.
(I'll bold the word "except" in my OP to make is clearer)


Regards
Tan.

razzi123 #8 Posted May 05 2012 - 01:12

    Major

  • Players
  • 28872 battles
  • 3,790
  • Member since:
    12-13-2011
I hope it works like it should...

jeebers34 #9 Posted May 05 2012 - 01:12

    Staff sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 9856 battles
  • 280
  • Member since:
    03-01-2011
Well that is good to hear tan, hopefully this will cut down on the spam on the forums, and lead people who might rage post in the future to where they can actually get help.

Whee #10 Posted May 05 2012 - 01:14

    Major

  • Players
  • 24475 battles
  • 14,750
  • Member since:
    03-22-2011
Excellent idea! May I also suggest implementing a tutorial for in-game please!

Many thanks for helping the forum's stability.

Tanitha #11 Posted May 05 2012 - 01:15

    Major

  • WG Staff
  • 2405 battles
  • 4,723
  • Member since:
    08-20-2010

Comrade_Zhukov, on May 05 2012 - 01:07, said:

Thanks Tan, read the post too fast and missed that.  I was wondering why the forums geared at newcomers were the ones locked, but now I've got it.

You are very welcome, Thank you again for your concern. :Smile_honoring:

Tanitha #12 Posted May 05 2012 - 01:16

    Major

  • WG Staff
  • 2405 battles
  • 4,723
  • Member since:
    08-20-2010

razzi123, on May 05 2012 - 01:12, said:

I hope it works like it should...


All seems to work well, except installing the settings caused all forums to appear locked to players who were online, until players relogged.

Beerstein #13 Posted May 05 2012 - 01:18

    Major

  • Players
  • 18655 battles
  • 11,644
  • [D4NCE] D4NCE
  • Member since:
    08-18-2011
Great idea to prevent bots! Is there a way to lock our own threads? I'd like that, I recently made a slightly non productive rant I've been wanting to lock (though thankfully there's a bit of productive convo inside).

Edited by Beerstein, May 05 2012 - 01:19.


RitterCuda #14 Posted May 05 2012 - 01:20

    Major

  • Players
  • 16907 battles
  • 2,403
  • [ADP] ADP
  • Member since:
    04-11-2011
yea!!!!!!!!!!!! less spam

ColonelKilgore #15 Posted May 05 2012 - 01:20

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 178 battles
  • 32
  • Member since:
    04-21-2012

Tanitha, on May 05 2012 - 01:03, said:

Hello Tankers.  :Smile_honoring:

With the new forum's come some new features, such as the ability to set the number of games required to post into particular forum sections.

As such the forum’s has now been set to a "20 game" requirement to post except for the following sections.

New Player's section
News & Information subsection.
The Chieftain's hatch subsection.
Technical Support & Bug Reporting section.

This system is currently on trial, and maybe adjusted later depending on feedback and results.
We hope it will make the forums a more enjoyable place for our player base, free of spam and alternative accounts.

Feel free to provide feedback within this thread.

Regards
Tan.

I for one think this is a great idea, with the caveat that I think it should be even higher than 20.  Maybe 40 or 50?  I see some predators posting scams in the wee hours every few days.  Their accounts get blocked pretty fast, but I think it would reduce their attempts 90% if they couldn't post for 50 games.  Maybe I'm wrong though.  Maybe those creeps would just use bots to get 50 games and then try their scam; and then we'd see more bots than we have in a long time.  I don't know, what do you think Tan?

ApplesauceBandit #16 Posted May 05 2012 - 01:21

    Major

  • Players
  • 27242 battles
  • 5,994
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
  • Member since:
    05-17-2011
Yeah, no more spam!

Yaicola #17 Posted May 05 2012 - 01:23

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 5856 battles
  • 278
  • Member since:
    07-13-2011
I approve of this wholeheartedly.

Tanitha #18 Posted May 05 2012 - 01:24

    Major

  • WG Staff
  • 2405 battles
  • 4,723
  • Member since:
    08-20-2010

ColonelKilgore, on May 05 2012 - 01:20, said:

I for one think this is a great idea, with the caveat that I think it should be even higher than 20.  Maybe 40 or 50?

I understand your concern, But the Game master and Moderation teams can ban a spammer very quickly almost always.
The issue is, they can just make another account in 1 second and continue.

At least this way, each spammer needs to play 20 games (5 mins each = about 1.5 hours) for each spam they do.
That should make them fairly easy to control and a thing of the past, hopefully.

Gatomon #19 Posted May 05 2012 - 01:28

    Captain

  • Players
  • 19117 battles
  • 1,334
  • [L13TH] L13TH
  • Member since:
    10-07-2011
Nice move! That will cut down the Gold trolls to zero!

Tuco22 #20 Posted May 05 2012 - 01:30

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 10682 battles
  • 9,906
  • [BULLS] BULLS
  • Member since:
    07-10-2010
This will work wonders to rid us of the gold bots... now if you can find a way to get them out of ingame general ;)




2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users