• This topic is locked This topic is locked
87 replies to this topic

_Spade_ #21 Posted May 14 2012 - 15:08

Sergeant

• Players
  • 21133 battles
  • [NEET] NEET

CaddoPuma, on May 14 2012 - 14:40, said:

Where are they getting these questions, because not 1 from the previous YAWR thread has been answered, neither here nor in that thread. Where do I post my questions in order to have a smidgen of a chance of getting some kind of answer?

As I recall, they typically only answer questions from the RU server. Or at least that was the explanation last time.

Norsegod127 #22 Posted May 14 2012 - 15:28

Private

• Players
  • 10851 battles
When will the error on gold buying be fixed? Im dieing to get gold ;D for a VK 3001 (P)

gunnerG #23 Posted May 14 2012 - 15:36

Corporal

• Players
  • 25617 battles
  • [2020] 2020
I have a suggestion which I've been thinking about for many months.  During the game, and on the combat results screen (first page, not the individual results page) I would like to see a second column added which lists number of vehicles damaged, in addition to the column which lists number of vehicles killed.  This will be very helpful for others to see that a team member is indeed contributing to the battle effort, even if they are not credited with any kills.  Since the information is already tallied during the battle anyway, I'm hoping it would not take a huge amount of effort to add that to the display.  Thanks for a great game that is a lot of fun to play!

Sim3tric #24 Posted May 14 2012 - 15:47

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 9932 battles
New Game modes ? when it's gonna finally  happen? it'l prob bring a lot of people bk to game that just simply got bored of "capture the flag"

MatchSticks #25 Posted May 14 2012 - 16:29

Corporal

• Players
  • 7280 battles

View Post_Spade_, on May 14 2012 - 15:08, said:

As I recall, they typically only answer questions from the RU server. Or at least that was the explanation last time.

Well that sucks because I really want to get an answer for tank physics such as, will they ever fix the fact that tanks can be stuck on wall or rocks (I find this is why people aren't hugging walls). It kinda limits your cover too, always being aware to get too close. Its really stupid when you accidentally back up into a wall or rock at a certain degree (as if climbing it) then get stuck. Should be able to bounce off it, or slide parallel to it. For example, if I drove my car next to a wall I wouldn't get stuck; yes my car probably have major scratches and all, but not stuck. Same with rocks bigger than my wheel! In essence it shouldn't get stuck on whatever you can't drive OVER.

Edited by MatchSticks, May 14 2012 - 16:34.

tacomatodd2 #26 Posted May 14 2012 - 16:40

Private

• Players
  • 9579 battles
Will the current team damage/team kill punishment system be reworked? Right now it’s absolutely ineffective and unfair. We value the feedback we get about the punishment system.

It will be reworked, but we do not have a timeline just yet.

I think the " IT WILL BE REWORKED LINE IS A LIE!"

Here are some of the responses I received from Tech support after 1 of my Clan mates was attacked buy 2 other people.  Because he was still in the circle defending himself and destroyed both of the aggressors he turned blue and was banned after the game was over.  The auto-banning system will not be changed as you can see if you read this response.

I would post the video however, it is the 7.2 version which does not work anymore.

I have 1 question.  Why do we waste or time hitting the "Team Kill" button when it does nothing?

Dear Player.
It is unfortunate that you were unhappy with the response, but there was no other response that could have been given.
Friendly fire is against the game rules, Due the the friendly fire the player was sanctioned.
Sanctions for friendly fire, are not removed as friendly fire is against the rules.
The only option really, if is sanctions for friendly fire are to be avoided, then friendly fire needs to be avoided.
If a player breaks the game rules, please leave us to sanction and ban the offending player instead of breaking rules yourself.

Best Regards,
David Jones

Dear player,
Thank you for getting back to us. We are sorry to hear that you feel like we are not assisting you.

We include friendly fire in the game to maintain a sense of realism. We value that probably more than any other reason. On top of that, it keeps some of the more mischievous players from exploiting the game in ways that would be possible were it not included.

The automation is designed to be an unbiased arbiter. There are hundreds if not thousands of cases of friendly fire in the game every day. It would be impossible to personally address each case with any degree of professionalism or fairness, and then place judgements in each instance. It's goal is to keep players who take joy in ruining another player's day out of the system.

Once a player has reached a threshold set by the automation for team kills/damage, they are banned; no questions asked. In addition, they are forced to pay a portion of the damage caused and forfeit some experience to their victim. We allow for some team damage to occur before that takes place, and we feel we're pretty generous with the amount allowed, but once it crosses over that line, the sanction is imposed. The first offense is a minor 1 day ban, but habitual violations have an escalating punishment. This can explain why the players in question didn't look like they were sanctioned. (I assure you, the automated system was keeping track of their actions.)

We appreciate your understanding in your own case. Your actions triggered the alarm, and it applied the temporary sanction. No one was singling you out or reporting you to the Support team. The auto detection is simply working as it's designed to. We truly do appreciate your interest in World of Tanks and your contribution to our community. We can only hope that you understand that we must be fair and treat all friendly fire cases the same, regardless of the motives.

Best Regards,
Jessica Lee

MightyBarbarian #27 Posted May 14 2012 - 18:05

Captain

• Players
  • 37536 battles

View Postcolwyn27, on May 14 2012 - 12:31, said:

Hmm nothing about Clan wars and how the game is dominated by gold rounds and that armour is "effectively non existant" so tactics are mostly about gang banging with max tanks its all a HP sponge. IF they introduced dmg mulitpliers for rear hits it might encourage the value of positioning rather than just hit em anywhere do full dmg with gold rounds.

Notice how nobody plays absolute tc battles that much even champion, at times as when ppl do theres always a clan or two loaded with gold that just decimates so ppl dont bother. Thats the reason why medium is so popular as its the level where gold is not featured as much and because of quicker reloads individual skill plays more into the game.

Clans with Huge earning from clan war territories loaded with gold go pub at all teirs and enjoy the advantage..

Just not enough competition in clan wars 15 clans pretty much own the map and fight it out, they have so much gold they are willing to pay 10's of thousands in gold for buffer clans to attack x clan at so and so time.

Gold in clan wars is wrecking the game theres just too much of it for the clans that can make 5000 a day and up. They recruit players with convertable xp or give em gold to get a is7 or e100 and command them to just go there and there in battle, its not like 1/2 the players do anything other than group and push shoot take a hit shoot again. Massive number of kids playning clan wars commanded by a few older guys as the kids can play all the time.

I have nothing against gold that people pay for as it earns money for wot and ppl do use it a bit sparingly, but the massive free gold is stupid, would be nice if you could click a battle with the option, no free gold given or earnt via clan wars allowed battle.

Just find as a casual but ongoing player you hit teir 9 and bang have gold do ace, no gold do avg/sub avg

Right on it.

Even tho gold bring money to WOT, they should limit the number of gold round a tank can carry, say 3-4 per tank max. This would mean tactical choice on which tanks to use them.

Also, since they allow gold round and make armor essentially useless, WOT should introduce way to buy more armor, like added tracks, lumbers on the sides of tanks, improved armor made of whatever. Since this is mostly a fictional game, but historical looking tanks, it doesn't matter if we can buy ultra max, alien alloy steel on our tank. For example, ww2 era artillery in this game has more accuracy than modern ones. they can see enemy tanks from the sky with a permanent satellite view (just to point out the fictional part of the game)

Ikexx #28 Posted May 14 2012 - 18:16

Corporal

• Players
  • 9490 battles
  • [S_O_C] S_O_C
ok... just curious... can i get answer they they dont limit # of arty in one battle...like 2 per team?  lil silly when you see 10 arty and  6 are tiers with GW panthers.

DudeWhereIsMyTank #29 Posted May 14 2012 - 18:27

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 15253 battles
  • [-FOG-] -FOG-

View Postmajsteven, on May 14 2012 - 12:14, said:

are u guy planning to do something with the fps i keep on getting low fps on my window laptop i always get like 4 - 15 fps

Can you play Battlefield 3 or latest Modern warfare on that laptop?
95% of Laptops are not designed to play games. Their graphic card is designed to save power and play games.
So you might have to get a game laptop or use a desktop.

MrWrath #30 Posted May 14 2012 - 18:34

Captain

• Players
  • 24423 battles

View Post1_ace_1, on May 14 2012 - 18:05, said:

Right on it.

Even tho gold bring money to WOT, they should limit the number of gold round a tank can carry, say 3-4 per tank max. This would mean tactical choice on which tanks to use them.

Also, since they allow gold round and make armor essentially useless, WOT should introduce way to buy more armor, like added tracks, lumbers on the sides of tanks, improved armor made of whatever. Since this is mostly a fictional game, but historical looking tanks, it doesn't matter if we can buy ultra max, alien alloy steel on our tank. For example, ww2 era artillery in this game has more accuracy than modern ones. they can see enemy tanks from the sky with a permanent satellite view (just to point out the fictional part of the game)

Wow.. you are both clueless. Do you even use gold rounds? How about you in a tier 10 tank go up against another tier 10 tank with gold while you are both moving and others are trying to take shots at both of you and see how gold really works. Don't get me wrong it helps to pen, but at the same time it's not magic by and means. You still have to AIM!! and know where to shoot and where not to shoot. Some people use gold as an excuse, because they have never really had a chance to fire gold and not worry about it costing them real $. Before i joined my current clan, i purchased gold rounds out of pocket and my is7/t110/e100 still had issues with penning.. especially e100 which is basically useless these days gold or not.

Zen17 #31 Posted May 14 2012 - 18:45

Corporal

• Players
  • 19219 battles
  • [WWPD] WWPD
I would like to know though about the exp/credit bonus we should be getting for hitting and damaging higher tier tanks during battle. I have heard it would be implemented but is not at the moment. Many players would like to get rewarded for doing so and wonder why at this moment in time it has yet to be implemented. Will this be something that will be corrected in the future?

Edited by Zen17, May 14 2012 - 18:46.

WhiteAndMilky #32 Posted May 14 2012 - 19:04

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16726 battles
  • [-ZIM-] -ZIM-
My question wasn't answered again =(

Lagometer #33 Posted May 14 2012 - 19:25

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 19502 battles
  • [REL-V] REL-V
"Champion of Justice"  lol, why not just use Captain America's shield as the medal and call it the "Avenger"?

hankbukowsi #34 Posted May 14 2012 - 19:29

Captain

• Players
  • 9152 battles
New game modes will come up randomly, just like maps, apparently.  Interesting.

Silverbullet #35 Posted May 14 2012 - 19:59

Sergeant

• Players
  • 38392 battles
  • [AO] AO
Had a question, Will the crew rank ever be a factor to how good the crew is like there skill response,aiming,driving and etc.? reason I am asking the crew I have in my t110 which came from my T30 of course is pretty high up there, like my commander is a Captain now and the rest our right below him by 1 rank. Just wondering if crew rank will help at all.

nobbbobber #36 Posted May 14 2012 - 20:52

Corporal

• Players
  • 16374 battles
What happened to multiple turrets? It was bounced around as maybe happening and then, poof, nothing. IS that still in the works?

Rommel1943 #37 Posted May 14 2012 - 20:58

Private

• Players
  • 6239 battles
German everything seems very underpowered or under-armored. The bias toward Russian tanks are still at large, with American above the standard of German tanks, which shouldnt be right at all. Correct me if im wrong, which im sure im not about what im about to say.... WoT is Biased towards their russian tanks. And it sucks. Balance more for Germans. If anything German armor and accuracy should be EXTREMELY good, not just "good". So when are we going to buff German armor and accuracy? When will russian tanks not be OP anymore cuz of bias game developers?

Edited by Rommel1943, May 14 2012 - 20:59.

Hawat #38 Posted May 14 2012 - 21:31

Sergeant

• Players
  • 27347 battles

View PostCaddoPuma, on May 14 2012 - 14:40, said:

Where are they getting these questions, because not 1 from the previous YAWR thread has been answered, neither here nor in that thread. Where do I post my questions in order to have a smidgen of a chance of getting some kind of answer?

+1

I asked this in the last YAWR thread and did not get a mod's answer.  Don't think it's fair that we don't get to contribute to the YAWR.  I can assure you that my questions are more interesting than some of the ones that they have chosen.

Edited by Hawat, May 14 2012 - 21:32.

adys123 #39 Posted May 14 2012 - 21:48

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 33713 battles

View PostSaberwolf64, on May 14 2012 - 13:43, said:

i have a question about victor kislyi statement in a youtube video that some select American tanks would have gold rounds for Sliver currency? what has happend with that are we ever going to see it?

I was also wondering that. It was a video by markeedragon

http://www.youtube.c...&feature=relmfu

SMScannonfodder #40 Posted May 14 2012 - 22:08

Major

• Players
  • 24798 battles
  • [B_I_A] B_I_A
Are awards for the number of enemy tanks killed based on the total tanks killed or just enemy tanks killed per battle? In other words is there no deduction for team kills from the total for award medals such as Top Gun for 6 enemy kills.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users