Maus vs. E100

compare maus e-100

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
52 replies to this topic

amaROenuZ #41 Posted Apr 12 2013 - 05:00

Major

• Players
  • 16660 battles
I haven't played either of them, but I don't fear the Maus line in general as much as the E-100 line. The 4502A is pretty meh next to the King Tiger, the 4502P is very meh next to the E-75, and while the Maus may have better armor, I find that the big gun and absurd amounts of spaced armor on the E-100 make it harder to deal with overall.

Imglidinhere #42 Posted Apr 12 2013 - 11:47

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 21582 battles

View PostBattlecruiser, on May 17 2012 - 05:06, said:

well they are so different, let's get the few simmilarities out of the way first

>slow
>bad mobility on hills
>big
>second and third favorite arty bait after t95's
>hitpoints
>armor

now what makes them different, is that the e-100 has very high alpha that can pick teams apart like roasted chicken, but bad accuracy, bad penetration, and slow reload. but very good potential average damage per minute. it is also better than the maus at peekaboo and flanking on city maps due to its boxy size and turret position

the maus has comparitively more hitpoints and better armor, at the expense of damage, it has the lowest average damage per minute of all the tier 10's, but it's an amazing force multiplier and defender, it can also do a neat trick to shoot around corners while  nearly invulnerable, but its schoolbus size means it needs the most room for everything it tries to do.

both are miserably slow and both require a bit of metagame experience to play properly, seeming as they are the slowest tier 10's making them perma committed to an area after so much time has progressed.

This pretty much sums up what I was going to state as well.

In the end though, the E-100 is more versatile in combat due to the higher mobility and shape of the tank. Your gun is actually lower to the ground than the Maus and your turret is placed in the center of the body. And while your armor isn't as foreboding as the Maus's setup, a well experienced E-100 driver can be just as hard to kill and more dangerous due to the high alpha. The hitpoint difference is meager enough to warrant the lack of armor for more firepower as the E-100 will generally even the odds with the first shot.

Rarely, unless it's a city map or certain hilly maps, will you see the Maus chosen over the E-100 for these reasons.

If it's your first tier 10 tank, then the E-100 will be better for you. It's got a more traditional feel to it if you get what I mean. It's like an E-75 with more armor and a bigger gun in my book.

MysteriousRJC #43 Posted Apr 18 2013 - 15:56

Captain

• Players
  • 38692 battles
  • [CRIMZ] CRIMZ

View PostBattlecruiser, on May 17 2012 - 05:06, said:

well they are so different, let's get the few simmilarities out of the way first

>slow
>bad mobility on hills
>big
>second and third favorite arty bait after t95's
>hitpoints
>armor

now what makes them different, is that the e-100 has very high alpha that can pick teams apart like roasted chicken, but bad accuracy, bad penetration, and slow reload. but very good potential average damage per minute. it is also better than the maus at peekaboo and flanking on city maps due to its boxy size and turret position

the maus has comparitively more hitpoints and better armor, at the expense of damage, it has the lowest average damage per minute of all the tier 10's, but it's an amazing force multiplier and defender, it can also do a neat trick to shoot around corners while  nearly invulnerable, but its schoolbus size means it needs the most room for everything it tries to do.

both are miserably slow and both require a bit of metagame experience to play properly, seeming as they are the slowest tier 10's making them perma committed to an area after so much time has progressed.

The Maus is like 20km, the e100 is 30km.... but are there any tanks that are as heavy in HP & armor with solid guns that are faster?

eg0r69 #44 Posted Apr 18 2013 - 17:16

Corporal

• Players
  • 21677 battles
  • [DREAM] DREAM
I dont have either but working my way up to e100 (and E75 right now and i Love e75! Tiget II was lots of fun too)

I mostly took who things in consideration
1. Speed of the tank. 20km MAX is not very fun for me to pub in ( im a pub star :P)
2. E100's gun does some damage if used right. (and us pub stars love providing damage)

SteelUnicorn #45 Posted Apr 19 2013 - 20:43

Major

• Players
  • 15710 battles

View PostWenkel, on May 15 2012 - 03:01, said:

They both fall easily too an IS-7, T110, or IS-4.
You are on crack.

View PostDeutschPantherV, on May 15 2012 - 03:06, said:

Apparently, the Maus is better. I fear the Maus more because my E-50 can't pen it from the front much at all, while I can get around 80% pen on the E-100
You are also on crack.

The E-100 is the more effective tank because, whether people want to admit it or not, no one wants to pull out in front of it. The E-100 has that Fear Factor, and is a LOT more mobile than the Maus. Both have strong points, but for combat effectiveness, the E-100 all the way.

For those saying the E-100 is an easy target, you need to try taking down someone who genuinely knows what they're doing in the tank.

AndMax #46 Posted Apr 24 2013 - 00:28

Corporal

• Players
  • 18606 battles
Having both tanks I can say, E-100 > Maus.
I say this because Maus is a tank that SHOULD rely on it's armor,but the new tanks have made it useless.
With the E-100 you have a good armor,better speed than the Maus and a better gun.

qyy #47 Posted Apr 24 2013 - 00:34

Major

• Players
  • 14857 battles

View PostMysteriousRJC, on Apr 18 2013 - 15:56, said:

The Maus is like 20km, the e100 is 30km.... but are there any tanks that are as heavy in HP & armor with solid guns that are faster?
You have no experience with either tanks why would you even bother posting here?

Anyways the Maus is my only tier 10 tank although its slow and gold rounds chew through its armor i find its great that scouting by eating the shells and not dodging them :3
Like in the following game=====>http://mwreplays.com/newreplaysimg/1075922172b2fca442a213eb1e4c1e14.png

StarkiIIer #48 Posted Apr 29 2013 - 19:21

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 7055 battles
I've played around a little w/ both, so here's my 2 cents.Both the Maus and the E-100 are tanks that, in my opinion, are underrated.  No, they're not the best, but they're also not the worst (I'm looking at you AMX50B).  I find it strange that in a game of tanks, these two are almost the only units in the game that can actually tank.

The Maus is pretty much god mode all-around armor and health (I've bounced tier 9's off of the rear armor on the test server - the same test server that everyone and their mother abuses gold rounds on).  If you angle properly, you're immune to just about everything short of a tier 10 TD shooting gold.  Back in the CW day, Mause were the prized tank in cities due to the confined spaces allowed for easy facehugging - nothing of the day could pen the frontal armor of a properly angled, facehugging Maus.  These days, tier 10 TD's can pen a Maus reliably with gold, but in these instances a Maus still has a decent chance to win a 1v1 due to the sheer amount of health it has.  Its largest weakness is that is has the worst tier 10 gun in the game.

The E-100 doesn't have good all-around armor, but it does have the strongest armor plate in the game.  The upper glacis is >200mm armor at a very steep angle.  It even bounces tier 10 TD's firing gold.  Yes, it has the hilariously flammable lower glacis, and that sides and rear aren't what the Maus' is, but that upper glacis... It also has a better gun.  Yes, you heard me right.  News flash: if you're not using gold rounds, you're doing it wrong.  Gold rounds turn the E-100 from harmless to ROFLstomp mode faster than India's population growth.  In short, the E-100 is in many ways a better T110E4: a slightly worse gun for more health, better armor, and a full turret.

SilverforceX #49 Posted May 02 2013 - 07:35

Major

• Players
  • 10698 battles

View PostStarkiIIer, on Apr 29 2013 - 19:21, said:

News flash: if you're not using gold rounds, you're doing it wrong.  Gold rounds turn the E-100 from harmless to ROFLstomp mode faster than China's population growth.  In short, the E-100 is in many ways a better T110E4: a slightly worse gun for more health, better armor, and a full turret.

It's India. China is barely growing.

Its true what ppl here say, E-100 with premium HEAT is a pubstomper. Maus is simply too slow.

pilot8218 #50 Posted May 03 2013 - 00:08

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 19986 battles
E-100. That gun hurts (and is fun to use if you are the E-100).

Whenever I see an E-100 I am wary of getting blasted by him. If I see a Maus all I think "oh, a big HP turd pile"

Aelon #51 Posted May 04 2013 - 15:08

Corporal

• Players
  • 16910 battles
It's downright silly that people here are claiming to be unable to pen an is4 strait on.  The is4 is probably the easiest tier 10 to pen frontally.  The entire front of the tank is a weakspot.  btw, the is4 is one of my favorite tanks.  Hull down changes this but you can pen the top of the turret easy enough.

As an is4 driver, I have found that I easily pick apart the maus.  It takes a while to kill, but usually a fire speeds things up.  I can kill e100s reliably but the gun does so much damage he really just needs to pen me a few times to kill me.  I'm currently at the Tiger P, grinding for the maus.

Edited by Aelon, May 04 2013 - 15:10.

StarkiIIer #52 Posted May 05 2013 - 02:53

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 7055 battles

View PostSilverforceX, on May 02 2013 - 07:35, said:

It's India. China is barely growing.

Its true what ppl here say, E-100 with premium HEAT is a pubstomper. Maus is simply too slow.

Thanks for mentioning, will fix in my first post.

Also, something that most people seem to miss is that both the Maus and the E-100 are offensive weapons.  However, it's their defensive qualities that make them such weapons.

StarkiIIer #53 Posted May 15 2013 - 22:35

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 7055 battles
Double-post!

Wanted to ask of the community, was seeing videos of the old Classic Season 1 tourney.  Especially on Himmelsderp, I saw ONE (1) Maus holding off 3+ tanks singlehandedly on multiple occasions.  Plus, the drivers didn't seem that competent either; I was constantly raging "WTF N00B L2ANGLE!!!1!"  Yeah, the Mause drivers weren't impressing me, and yet they were still locking down an entire half of the map singlehandedly for 4-5 minutes, often against as many tanks.  Discuss.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users