Jump to content


Type 59


This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

Blackshot01 #1 Posted May 16 2012 - 20:44

    Captain

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 1,021
  • Member since:
    08-16-2011
Just a little question for the type 59: Cant it get the same mm then the kv-5? Because i fell a bit worthless in a tier 10 round, because even when i flank i often bounce of them. This isnt a "hate" or "wine" thread just would find it nice. Or could someone explain me why it lost its mm it had onetime? Just wondering

Strilight #2 Posted May 16 2012 - 20:51

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 719
  • Member since:
    09-01-2011
Simply put, it was too effective in low tier battles. Fast, armored, with a powerful enough gun.

husband #3 Posted May 16 2012 - 21:02

    Major

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 2,818
  • Member since:
    07-01-2011
well they did reduce its power, it now plays well - except against the heaviest armored tanks. I do basically sidesaddle them so they cannot move and become a target to the other better guns.

by mm you mean mm (millimeters) in penetration, not mm in armor right?

rtp099 #4 Posted May 16 2012 - 21:03

    Major

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 5,571
  • Member since:
    09-19-2011
I find it interesting that the KV-5 gets preferred match making because of it's tier 7 gun, and yet the Type 59 also has a tier 7 gun with only 7mm pen more than the KV, and it now faces tier 10 tanks. As the KV-5 has much better armour and larger HP pool, the change in the Type 59's match making was obviously to nerf it without changing the tank in hopes that fewer people would find it as fun or profitable and stop playing it as much.

muazkadir #5 Posted May 16 2012 - 21:06

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 21
  • Member since:
    04-13-2011
Wow you can bounce when you flank??
The only tank i know that can bounce from the side is the is4 & maus ( perpendicularly )

muazkadir #6 Posted May 16 2012 - 21:06

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 21
  • Member since:
    04-13-2011
The type 59 can do one thing that the KV5 can't do well,flank and move fast

Blackshot01 #7 Posted May 16 2012 - 21:08

    Captain

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 1,021
  • Member since:
    08-16-2011

View Posthusband, on May 16 2012 - 21:02, said:

well they did reduce its power, it now plays well - except against the heaviest armored tanks. I do basically sidesaddle them so they cannot move and become a target to the other better guns.

by mm you mean mm (millimeters) in penetration, not mm in armor right?
I did mean the matchmaking and not the armor/penetration :D

Evilbri #8 Posted May 16 2012 - 21:13

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 58
  • Member since:
    10-23-2011
To many people cried about the type 59 so they removed it from the store and jacked the MM. So now you will always see tier 9 and 10 tanks in a type 59. But unlike the KV5 the type can get around other higher tier tanks and exploit their weakness that being the rear and sides. I still get 100+ K credit games in my type 59.

Atayu #9 Posted May 16 2012 - 21:28

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 727
  • Member since:
    04-10-2011
The type-59 use to have the same MM as the KV-5 now it dose not. But they also did other changes that decreased its ability at a later time. I really think it was brought down in power to far for how its MM was made worse. I am not going to argue with the person that says he still can get 100k plus games as it is possible with any tier 8 premium in the game. Plain and simple people would not take the time to figure out how to fight the type-59 and whined and complained it was OP instead of learning how to fight it. In my opinion overall the type-59 is the weakest tier 8 in the game with horrible MM. I still use it to farm credits, but have not been happy with the tank since the changes.  I feel that the people that had purchased this tank before the nerfs should have been offered a refund of gold or some of there gold back. While I think people this 2nd time around got right what they paid for as it was already changed when they bought it.

I know have my type-59 where it has the same acceleration and top speed on terrains as it did when I got it new with a 75 percent crew with no gear. To accomplish this my type-59  100 percent crew, has brother in arms on all crew maxed, driver has clutch breaking and offroad driving, also running fuel and remove speed governor.  This makes it so I can make the same time test I could before the nerfs. It can make the same time speeds on flat or downhill without the remove speed governor.

xiantom #10 Posted May 16 2012 - 21:55

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
  • 5,041
  • Member since:
    10-15-2010

View PostAtayu, on May 16 2012 - 21:28, said:

I know have my type-59 where it has the same acceleration and top speed on terrains as it did when I got it new with a 75 percent crew with no gear. To accomplish this my type-59  100 percent crew, has brother in arms on all crew maxed, driver has clutch breaking and offroad driving, also running fuel and remove speed governor.  This makes it so I can make the same time test I could before the nerfs. It can make the same time speeds on flat or downhill without the remove speed governor.
I got it the first day it was available and started with a 100% crew. I assure you, the acceleration never got touched. It used to be crap, it's still crap.

Atayu #11 Posted May 16 2012 - 22:23

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 727
  • Member since:
    04-10-2011

View Postxiantom, on May 16 2012 - 21:55, said:

I got it the first day it was available and started with a 100% crew. I assure you, the acceleration never got touched. It used to be crap, it's still crap.

We can continue to disagree as I recorded times on maps from set start points to different cheek points and it did change plain and simple. The numbers on the tank data look the same but it was changed in the numbers they don't show us of the track to ground retention (or whatever you want to call it) modifier.