44 replies to this topic

a_Friendly #21 Posted May 20 2012 - 08:04

Major

• Players
  • 22659 battles
  • [NTR] NTR

View Postmisscleo, on May 20 2012 - 02:04, said:

That's somewhat false and pointless.

It is neither false or pointless, I'm educating you and everyone else in this thread because someone is complaining about random lag/ping spikes (which I have been getting as well) and people are confusing it for stuttering.

I'm on the US Server, west side.

Keep your down votes to yourself, thanks.

misscleo #22 Posted May 20 2012 - 09:41

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 19857 battles

View PostTimedParadox, on May 20 2012 - 08:04, said:

It is neither false or pointless[...]

Yeah, it is. Network is just hardware connected together. While poor network conditions can occasionally only cause micro-freezing or stuttering, issues with hardware can most certainly cause problems with latency. To be honest I only glanced at your op before I replied. I thought you were trying to tell people lag couldn't be used interchangeably for poor latency and fps. But now that I actually read what you said I'm baffled.

[...]I'm educating you and everyone else in this thread because someone is complaining about random lag/ping spikes (which I have been getting as well) and people are confusing it for stuttering.

One guy suggested updating drivers and mentioned hardware, and while the reason he made those suggestions was wrong, he was right in the sense that hardware (GPU, CPU, RAM, HD, etc) bottle-necking will create severe latency issues. If one of those links fails to deliver data on schedule, everything backs up and your incoming packets begin to saturate and choke, while the outgoing packets become lost. Example would be Windows not giving tanks enough address space, trashing happens, terrible fps and/or stuttering; end result is usually timeout with 999 ping.

What is a down vote?

BonzaiBob22 #23 Posted May 20 2012 - 11:19

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 8210 battles
I have been getting small ping spikes through 2-3 matches a day that cause FPS stuttering through the match. I have also had major FPS hit that lasted a match or two where my FPS dropped form 45-55 to 9. Last night I had a major lag issue where the lag light was cycliing green to red to green repeatedly through a match and the ping jumped to 500+ and FPS was 2. This has been going on since the 7.2 upgrade.

I have Verizon FIOS with a 20Mbs connection, a 1Gb ATI HD4870, Intel Quad Core I7-920 w/3Gb of memory on an ASUS P6T Deluxe Vs motherboard.

1Shot1KillTiger205 #24 Posted May 20 2012 - 11:22

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 4485 battles
i wish that my ping was 40-60 at any point, mine rests around 300, but i can only imagine how you must real mate, you have probobly thought of this but have you put the setting on low quality?

a_Friendly #25 Posted May 20 2012 - 11:25

Major

• Players
  • 22659 battles
  • [NTR] NTR

View Postmisscleo, on May 20 2012 - 09:41, said:

Yeah, it is. Network is just hardware connected together. While poor network conditions can occasionally only cause micro-freezing or stuttering, issues with hardware can most certainly cause problems with latency. To be honest I only glanced at your op before I replied. I thought you were trying to tell people lag couldn't be used interchangeably for poor latency and fps. But now that I actually read what you said I'm baffled.

I'm the one who's baffled at the fact you can spew so much non-sense while being completely ignorant of what you are talking about.

Lag pertains to network/ping.  Symptoms of lag include, but are not limited to, response delays, rubberbanding, disconnections among others.

Low FPS has to do with a lack of one or more of four things, lack of CPU processing power, lack of RAM, lack of GPU processing power, low capacity power supply not providing enough energy to all of the former.  This results in stuttering, graphical glitches (such as loss of textures, blinking textures, etc.)

View Postmisscleo, on May 20 2012 - 09:41, said:

One guy suggested updating drivers and mentioned hardware, and while the reason he made those suggestions was wrong, he was right in the sense that hardware (GPU, CPU, RAM, HD, etc) bottle-necking will create severe latency issues. If one of those links fails to deliver data on schedule, everything backs up and your incoming packets begin to saturate and choke, while the outgoing packets become lost. Example would be Windows not giving tanks enough address space, trashing happens, terrible fps and/or stuttering; end result is usually timeout with 999 ping.

Again, you have no idea what you are talking about.

Having a low end computer doesn't make your internet slower and none of the other components in your computer have any sort of impact on your connection besides your network adapter which does nothing to speed up your hardware.

The equivalent of having a low-end computer on a decent connection would be trying to navigate your surroundings with a strobe light pointed at your face, just because everything seems to be moving in a stuttery fashion doesn't mean it actually is, that's only from your perspective.

View PostBonzaiBob22, on May 20 2012 - 11:19, said:

I have been getting small ping spikes through 2-3 matches a day that cause FPS stuttering through the match. I have also had major FPS hit that lasted a match or two where my FPS dropped form 45-55 to 9. Last night I had a major lag issue where the lag light was cycliing green to red to green repeatedly through a match and the ping jumped to 500+ and FPS was 2. This has been going on since the 7.2 upgrade.

I have Verizon FIOS with a 20Mbs connection, a 1Gb ATI HD4870, Intel Quad Core I7-920 w/3Gb of memory on an ASUS P6T Deluxe Vs motherboard.

The FPS drop you are experiencing is most likely a memory leak.  Common in most programs usually caused by a glitch or extended gameplay.

admiral42 #26 Posted May 21 2012 - 23:39

Private

• Players
  • 11767 battles
Yea ever since yesterday I've been getting these random lag spikes that only last for a moment or two but they have gotten me killed on several occasions :Smile-angry:

Commander_Apollo #27 Posted May 22 2012 - 02:35

Major

• Players
  • 20375 battles
this lagging didn't start until the 7.3 came out

xajudicator #28 Posted May 22 2012 - 05:09

Corporal

• Players
  • 14469 battles
  • [-XA-] -XA-
The ping in game sucks. Ever since the latest release. Normally my ping is 85-100. The second an enemy tank gets close to me it jumps to over 500 and i'm basically just sitting there scratching my butt while they do circles around me. Dont say it's my ISP or my "Rig". That is total BS. I can run Star trek Online, Eve, Guild Wars, & Crysis and never get the amount of BS pings as I've been getting with this game after the 7.3 release.

Seems to me the hosters of this game need to add some more servers or upgrade the connection at the data center.

Snipe4Food #29 Posted May 23 2012 - 04:18

Corporal

• Players
  • 17235 battles
I have ran a few Ping Tracers and IP locations finders and it looks like all the servers are over in Germany right now.  WTF?

wilinfi #30 Posted May 23 2012 - 12:14

Corporal

• Players
  • 23197 battles
  • [-GTF-] -GTF-

View Postxajudicator, on May 22 2012 - 05:09, said:

The ping in game sucks. Ever since the latest release. Normally my ping is 85-100. The second an enemy tank gets close to me it jumps to over 500 and i'm basically just sitting there scratching my butt while they do circles around me. Dont say it's my ISP or my "Rig". That is total BS. I can run Star trek Online, Eve, Guild Wars, & Crysis and never get the amount of BS pings as I've been getting with this game after the 7.3 release.

Seems to me the hosters of this game need to add some more servers or upgrade the connection at the data center.

That i think is the most practical solution, unless they really put all their work on fixing this LAG issue. Everyone knows its a very common problem wherever you might be(location/area/country), in this game. Unless they fix this issue, its gonna effect the whole gaming experience. I surely hope, devs are reading all these posts and do something for the gamers.

VertyBaby #31 Posted May 23 2012 - 12:21

Sergeant

• Players
  • 33055 battles
  • [-WR-] -WR-

View Postmisscleo, on May 20 2012 - 02:04, said:

Can you guys run pathping or tracert, and post the results here?  
pathping login-master.worldoftanks.com
As well as some basic info like what part of the world you are living in(ex. US East) and your connection type, cable, dsl or other.

That's somewhat false and pointless. Please don't argue semantics or clutter threads with useless posts in the tech-support forum. lol
^- this guy has a point because when i lag high ping my fps drops to 5-6

a_Friendly #32 Posted May 23 2012 - 20:13

Major

• Players
  • 22659 battles
  • [NTR] NTR

View PostVertyBaby, on May 23 2012 - 12:21, said:

^- this guy has a point because when i lag high ping my fps drops to 5-6

Yes, now you know why no singleplayer games exist.  They can't get the graphics to run because they have no internet connection

Oh wait, I already explained your FPS has nothing to do with your connection.

WoTSarge #33 Posted Jun 02 2012 - 01:44

Corporal

• Players
  • 14314 battles
I've been seeing this too, and randomly. I have no idea what's casuing it, but it's not my PC.

pistolpt #34 Posted Jun 02 2012 - 02:28

Corporal

• Players
  • 15962 battles
I've been gettting this alot tonight. Usual ping 30. Suddenly it will spike to 150-200 for 5 seconds and then back down. If this continues I'll stop playing.
I've played 5,000 battles but never seen this until tonight. If it continues, I'm out.

aradragoon #35 Posted Jun 02 2012 - 04:40

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3557 battles
I have been getting this quite often as well, typically 40-80 ping then when a tank comes into view 300 - 500 ping for a few seconds. It gets worse on normal weekdays around 9:00pm or so CST. All over the place on friday nights and weekends. Before you say anything about rig I have a 2.8 GHZ quad core (i7-930) overclocked to 3.2, 12 gigs of ram and 2 gigs on my graphics card, solid state HD and  the new esata connectors, my FPS doesn't drop. Also as for my internet I am on a Fiber backbone with a cable run off of a theoretical 50 mb/s down and 15 up (really it shows up on speed tests as 30) plus this happens quite often and to many of my friends with different rigs and on different internets around the US.

thecountofmontecrisco #36 Posted Jun 02 2012 - 08:07

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 8249 battles
happening to me 30-35 ping to 200+ for seconds its impossible to play

shockster #37 Posted Jun 02 2012 - 15:26

Private

• Players
  • 20316 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
Happening to everyone since the update.I never had a single issue before 7.3 and now it's several times a game. I'm submitting a ticket and recomend ya'll do the same. Only way to get results is to flood them with complaints.

aradragoon #38 Posted Jun 02 2012 - 17:47

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3557 battles
ticket submitted

Edit: with these lag spikes and all the other problems WG has as a company such as taking them over a year to introduce new game modes promised since beta, typically nerfing all tanks except russians which normally gets buffs. I am thinking of just putting down this game, WG obviously does not care about their customers. They prove that everytime the majority of players say Russian tanks are slightly OP when compared to the other nations and tell them they are wrong. They still have not fixed MM since it is still messed up I really don't see the lag issue being fixed anytime soon so as for me I am seriously considereing just deleting WoT and saying bye to it permanetaly.

Edited by aradragoon, Jun 02 2012 - 18:20.

JBV3737 #39 Posted Jul 07 2012 - 05:13

Corporal

• Players
  • 4778 battles
I'm almost ready to leave this game because of it, shame seen as i put money into it, wanted my m103 only 40k xp away yet every game i play is hell due to lag. its funny trying to drive a t50

Glazdon #40 Posted Jul 11 2012 - 09:14

Corporal

• Players
  • 23441 battles
  • [CIRCO] CIRCO

View PostJBV3737, on Jul 07 2012 - 05:13, said:

I'm almost ready to leave this game because of it, shame seen as i put money into it, wanted my m103 only 40k xp away yet every game i play is hell due to lag. its funny trying to drive a t50

No freakin kidding. I just played a game using my T50. Was doing just find dodging some shells on the way to their arties. Then my graphics freeze, my ping explodes to 999, and 5 seconds later my tank has run into the side of a building, I have an M5 on my tail blocking me in, and 3 other tanks blasting the hell out of me from 3 different sides. This is also a common occurrence with my other tanks, usually going off once at the start of the match and then doing it again about halfway through usually leading to my death because the game drives my tanks into walls or out of cover....

Edited by Glazdon, Jul 11 2012 - 09:15.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users