IS-3 Crew Skills/Perks

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

InterMation #1 Posted May 19 2012 - 05:11

Corporal

• Players
  • 5615 battles
Hi everyone,
My IS-3's crew are around 95% and was just wondering the best crew skills/perks to be using on it

Thanks,

InterMation

Okeano #2 Posted May 19 2012 - 05:17

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 28809 battles
You'll mostly want repair as the first skills for your heavies anyways. Maybe one of the great 3 skills of driver (clutch breaking, off road driving, smooth ride).

Ryuna #3 Posted May 19 2012 - 05:34

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 9251 battles
Believe me, you may want Safe Storage (or smth like it, which increase ammo rack durability)
1 more thing to remember is driver being killed easily

cardgame #4 Posted May 19 2012 - 19:23

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 5627 battles
Smooth Ride, Snap Shot, Safe Stowage, Sixth Sense is what I use, and it's worked out pretty well so far.

Second choice for commander's skill is Jack of All Trades, as the driver and gunner does die on occasion.

Okeano #5 Posted May 20 2012 - 05:58

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 28809 battles
You really don't want to be tracked and sit there for a min if you used up your repair kit already. I would at least have half of the crew start with repair.

Smashadon #6 Posted May 28 2012 - 19:59

Corporal

• Players
  • 27271 battles
Repair for everyone first. Remember that perks only acivate when they are at 100%, while skills begin working at 1%. Repair is an absulute must for all heavy tanks, as noted above.

I violated this and took Deadye first for my gunner, then Repair. I think it was because they refunded our points when perks were introduced. I did take Repair second though. Last I took Snap Shot, which goes with the whole moving and brawling thing. It sucks missing someone from 10 feet away, because you're both moving, so don't.

Deadeye is a must for gunner. Estimates are 3-5% crit. Get it. I picked up Snap Shot last, which will go nicely with Vertical Stabilizer, so I hit more while moving.

Safe Stowage with IS-3 is a *must* imo, unless you want to use an equipment slot for wet ammo. If you've been playing IS-3 you know that it's only real weakness is ammo hits, which suck in any tank, but suck HUGE in a brawler. Get Safe Stowage.

I picked Jack of All Trades because, as noted above, the commander serving at 50% of a dead gunner beats a 0% gunner big-time. Don't underestimate the value of this skill. Last I took Sixth Sense. I got S.S. in my M4 first, and I find it to be extremely useful. I took it last with this tank because I get into a brawl as soon as possible with my IS, so it's pretty obvious that I've been spotted. Still, when you're hanging out waiting to pop somoene as soon as he turns a corner, it's nice to know that someone is sneaking up on you or has spotted you from a cliff or something. S.S. is extremely nice to have--it's the only super hero-type perk as far as I know. It's great.

Smooth ride and Controlled Impact for Driver. I think Smooth Ride is a must for this brawler. Impact certainly is optional, but I like to smash into things. This skill would be a lot better if it worked vs. all tanks, but note that it only works on tanks that are moving, which means no bonus vs. immobile arty, which sucks.

Enjoy your IS-3--it's my favorite tank!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users