• This topic is locked This topic is locked
47 replies to this topic

120mm_he #21 Posted Jun 02 2012 - 03:41

Major

• Players
  • 15798 battles
  • [PBS] PBS

View Post1SLUGGO1, on Jun 01 2012 - 18:23, said:

T14 gets better MM and better money generation since the patch, but somewhere maybe a patch or two ago, the tank is overall worse than it was before.

I ran a 100% crew, then after one of the patches, the turret traverse, acceleration, and accuracy were worse. Maybe not something someone else would have noticed, but at the time, it was my most played tank. Now it feels too....soft and slow.

I killed a T14 today on the dragon map, side pen on sloped side 50mm armor with the KV-1, 85mm...at 423 meters. So much for bouncy, 0 damage pen shots, eh?

The T14 does get spaced armor on its sides (btw, the sides are 90% ammo rack underneath the sloped armor, both left and right sides), but the front, while sloped, is easy to pen.

At penetration ranges for the churchill against the t14, the t14 cannot frontally penetrate the churchill anywhere but the tracks. With an average penetration of 90mm, it's an ok gun, but the accuracy dooms it to tier 4 and below work. It can't even reliably pen a Hetzer, you have to ram that td to kill it from the front.

The speed is good, but traverse is stock tier 5, so you need about 100m open room to flank around a tank.

I played before the MM fix, so the majority of the battles I have are from tier 7 matches and so on. The Ram II is a better tank, I have a 59% win rate in it, and it has less health, has a better gun (still slightly worse than the churchill), and heavier, but poorer or nonsloped hull armor. The Ram II will bounce T14 shots as close as 100m as the Ram II shreds through the T14.

The t14, is the easiest tier 5 premium to kill in most situations. Because of it's centrally located turret, it always has to expose its hull in level-ground situations. If its hull down, who cares? I just go around it. Because it is more sluggish than it used to be, it's easy prey for artillery, and a prime target over other assets on your team, even lower health ones. I was actually told by an arty player (with many players agreeing) "its hard to miss a t14". The gun is harmless enough that a hull down t14 isn't much of a threat to most tier 5 tanks.

It can make you money, but if your not looking to train crew on it, just get another premium instead. I won't recommend the churchill, as I have never played it, but the Ram II is lots of fun, even in higher matches, and will get into tier 5 matches too; if you must have an american tank under 12k gold

View Post1SLUGGO1, on Jun 01 2012 - 18:34, said:

The t14 gun is worse in every way but alpha (slightly better), aim time (slightly better, not significantly so), and elevation (somewhat better). The churchill is an overall lower tank. And although it is weak in the sides and behind, the t14 is weak in the hull from every aspect.

For someone who has 200+ games in the t14 you don't seem to get the tank.

Maybe you should try another one thats closer to your play style as the t14 is as close to op with the new mm as you can get.

As they say its not the tank but the driver.

Nisae #22 Posted Jun 02 2012 - 03:46

Major

• Players
  • 15170 battles

View PostCrzyEyBllz, on May 22 2012 - 17:24, said:

Two T14 were maid. both sit in museums in the USA and England.

Seems interesting to have a T14 Maid.

OrganicMechanic #23 Posted Jun 02 2012 - 06:01

Major

• Players
  • 29899 battles

View Post1SLUGGO1, on Jun 01 2012 - 18:34, said:

The t14 gun is worse in every way but alpha (slightly better), aim time (slightly better, not significantly so), and elevation (somewhat better). The churchill is an overall lower tank. And although it is weak in the sides and behind, the t14 is weak in the hull from every aspect.

the T14 shoots HE rounds, also. I just pound the churchill's weakass turret into submission.

Boxhawk #24 Posted Jun 02 2012 - 15:22

Major

• Players
  • 31190 battles

View Postgman2725, on Jun 01 2012 - 00:38, said:

You are forgetting that the churchill's armor layout means it takes more ZERO damage penetrations than any other tank I've seen in game. And while you're getting zero damage penetrations, it is busy chewing you apart with the better penetrating, fast firing, more accurate gun it has.

I was in a match yesterday where I tracked a church with my church and could hit the front two wheels and hull from around a corner.  I bet I shot him 15 times and his health never changed from 41%.  The same stupid message from the crew:  "penetration"

colwyn27 #25 Posted Jun 03 2012 - 08:24

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 14391 battles
Played it a bit on 7.4 beta, it teirs top most of the time, suggest you factor in spall liner as it does get a lot of art attention and with 690hp 15% less dmg over a few art hits or near hits does keep you alive longer, not a big money maker but not bad for a cheap premium and its actually a lot of fun to play

GoldMountain #26 Posted Jun 04 2012 - 12:22

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 41 battles
Churchill is OP.
I have no problems taking on any tier 5 tank in the game.
Fubar ROF and penetration means you can shred anything to pieces at close range.
At longer ranges it's abit more difficult as the gun reloads faster than it aims.

Shaftronics #27 Posted Jun 04 2012 - 12:49

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 5094 battles

View PostGoldMountain, on Jun 04 2012 - 12:22, said:

Churchill is OP. I have no problems taking on any tier 5 tank in the game. Fubar ROF and penetration means you can shred anything to pieces at close range. At longer ranges it's abit more difficult as the gun reloads faster than it aims.

Churchills are fine.

OP was the old KV-1 with the 107mm.

GoldMountain #28 Posted Jun 04 2012 - 13:20

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 41 battles

View PostShaftronics, on Jun 04 2012 - 12:49, said:

Churchills are fine.

OP was the old KV-1 with the 107mm.

When 9/10 games you are the top tier in the game, it is OP
I have almost 1200 avg exp. A 51% win ratio and a 45% survival rate....

Edited by GoldMountain, Jun 04 2012 - 13:23.

dvang #29 Posted Jun 04 2012 - 17:13

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16115 battles
Don't get me wrong, the t14 is a good tank. However, it is the "worst" of the tier 5 heavies. It simply struggles to go 1v1 versus any of the other tier 5 heavies.  When I see a match where one side has only T14s as their top tier heavies, and the other side has other tier 5 heavies, I know the match is going to favor the other side.  Top match heavies are expected to normally counter the opponent's top heavies, and the T14 has more difficulty doing that than any other tier 5 heavy.  This is essentially due to the T14's weak penetration on its gun.  Heck, a T14 vs T14 battle can often exchange 20-30 rounds per tank, without either tank actually dying (I've seen it numerous times). This is even shooting at weak spots.  HE helps a little, but not much.

The T14 has the stock M4 gun. Almost no non-premium "stock" tank gun is at all decent (excepting some derp guns) or very usable.  You will always feel underpowered, and the gun is always one of the most important things for a tank to upgrade. Since the T14 is stuck with the same stock gun as the M4, then of course the gun is underpowered for the tier.

Like a stock tank, you will be required to hit sides/rears and weak points to do decent damage to most/all tanks of equal or higher tier.  That makes it more difficult for the T14 to play like a match's top heavy.

anna_tankgirl #30 Posted Jun 04 2012 - 17:21

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 8967 battles

View Post1SLUGGO1, on Jun 01 2012 - 18:23, said:

T14 gets better MM and better money generation since the patch, but somewhere maybe a patch or two ago, the tank is overall worse than it was before.

I ran a 100% crew, then after one of the patches, the turret traverse, acceleration, and accuracy were worse.  Maybe not something someone else would have noticed, but at the time, it was my most played tank.  Now it feels too....soft and slow.

I killed a T14 today on the dragon map, side pen on sloped side 50mm armor with the KV-1, 85mm...at 423 meters.  So much for bouncy, 0 damage pen shots, eh?

The T14 does get spaced armor on its sides (btw, the sides are 90% ammo rack underneath the sloped armor, both left and right sides), but the front, while sloped, is easy to pen.

At penetration ranges for the churchill against the t14, the t14 cannot frontally penetrate the churchill anywhere but the tracks.  With an average penetration of 90mm, it's an ok gun, but the accuracy dooms it to tier 4 and below work.  It can't even reliably pen a Hetzer, you have to ram that td to kill it from the front.

The speed is good, but traverse is stock tier 5, so you need about 100m open room to flank around a tank.

I played before the MM fix, so the majority of the battles I have are from tier 7 matches and so on.  The Ram II is a better tank, I have a 59% win rate in it, and it has less health, has a better gun (still slightly worse than the churchill), and heavier, but poorer or nonsloped hull armor.  The Ram II will bounce T14 shots as close as 100m as the Ram II shreds through the T14.

The t14, is the easiest tier 5 premium to kill in most situations.  Because of it's centrally located turret, it always has to expose its hull in level-ground situations.  If its hull down, who cares?  I just go around it.  Because it is more sluggish than it used to be, it's easy prey for artillery, and a prime target over other assets on your team, even lower health ones.  I was actually told by an arty player (with many players agreeing) "its hard to miss a t14". The gun is harmless enough that a hull down t14 isn't much of a threat to most tier 5 tanks.

It can make you money, but if your not looking to train crew on it, just get another premium instead.  I won't recommend the churchill, as I have never played it, but the Ram II is lots of fun, even in higher matches, and will get into tier 5 matches too; if you must have an american tank under 12k gold

The Churchill has one defense in a one-on-one fight its hard to hit when its rapid firing shells into the enemy tank if your not autoaiming at it and it has overall decent armor and nice health.

The T14 I have mainly due to the May special 75% of the money went to vets in my country which is cool but its a premium tank they are never perfect but its a good premium not aweful but not say like a KV-1 either.

Boxhawk #31 Posted Jun 04 2012 - 17:25

Major

• Players
  • 31190 battles

View PostGoldMountain, on Jun 04 2012 - 13:20, said:

When 9/10 games you are the top tier in the game, it is OP
I have almost 1200 avg exp. A 51% win ratio and a 45% survival rate....

Not on this account, you have a record of 3-13 in tanks, The Church would have to be incredibly overpowered to lift your ability up above 50%, and it's not.

Dragon_Witch #32 Posted Jun 04 2012 - 17:28

Major

• Players
  • 12392 battles

View Postdvang, on Jun 04 2012 - 17:13, said:

Don't get me wrong, the t14 is a good tank. However, it is the "worst" of the tier 5 heavies. It simply struggles to go 1v1 versus any of the other tier 5 heavies.  When I see a match where one side has only T14s as their top tier heavies, and the other side has other tier 5 heavies, I know the match is going to favor the other side.  Top match heavies are expected to normally counter the opponent's top heavies, and the T14 has more difficulty doing that than any other tier 5 heavy.  This is essentially due to the T14's weak penetration on its gun.  Heck, a T14 vs T14 battle can often exchange 20-30 rounds per tank, without either tank actually dying (I've seen it numerous times). This is even shooting at weak spots.  HE helps a little, but not much.

The T14 has the stock M4 gun. Almost no non-premium "stock" tank gun is at all decent (excepting some derp guns) or very usable.  You will always feel underpowered, and the gun is always one of the most important things for a tank to upgrade. Since the T14 is stuck with the same stock gun as the M4, then of course the gun is underpowered for the tier.

Like a stock tank, you will be required to hit sides/rears and weak points to do decent damage to most/all tanks of equal or higher tier.  That makes it more difficult for the T14 to play like a match's top heavy.

The problem is that premium tanks are supposedly equipped as they were in real life.  The T14 trial vehicles mounted the Sherman's 75, so it gets the 75 in-game.  Had the tank gone into unit production, it would have most certainly been upgunned, seeing as how the turret was designed to fit the 76mm and the 105 howitzer as well as the 75mm.

If the T14 had been placed as the US tier 5 heavy, it would have made tier 5 rather interesting for the Americans, as both the medium and the heavy would have mounted the same guns.

GoldMountain #33 Posted Jun 05 2012 - 15:34

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 41 battles

View PostBoxhawk, on Jun 04 2012 - 17:25, said:

Not on this account, you have a record of 3-13 in tanks, The Church would have to be incredibly overpowered to lift your ability up above 50%, and it's not.
Win ratio means little to your game performance.
The fact I am earning fubar EXP amounts of exp on just a 50% win ratio and a well above average efficency means something is going crazy.

Also, Don't bother looking at my US account statistics, I play on the EU server under a different nickname

StoptheViolins #34 Posted Jun 17 2012 - 13:58

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10215 battles
Well since it is Churchill time I've played 20-30 maps in my Churchill with nearly every one vs a T14. Either the stats quoted for the T14's armor is wrong or the pen value for the Churchill leans heavily towards the low end. I can easily say ~90% of the shots fired into the 50/50/50 hull of the T14 bounced. Since the ranges were from 5m-500m I can also say regardless of the range, that ~90% value held true. Unless I specifically targeted the little gun box on the front or the big flat rear of the tank, I could count on dumping a ton of rounds into the T14 before we either got close to a tie or were dog piled.

I found it far easier to pen and kill a Churchill ESP since the tank has a ton of weak spots. The T14's armor slope isn't extreme enough on the front or the sides to account for so many non-pens.

Now, I can say this as a paying subscriber - any gold tank in WoT has been tuned to be less than equal to the same tier grind tank. Any T14 or Churchill driver fears the KV-1 since it is hard to pen (from the front - not so much from the sides since it burns so pretty) for either tank. Now the exception appears to be the T-3 tanks and below and the tier 8's - when properly captioned. I can grief E100's in either the Lowe or T34. However, I wouldn't actively seek any higher tier tanks in them since most same or higher tier tanks can grief me quicker.

So the T14 and Churchill balance each other out regardless of my opinion on the T14's state of the armor calcs.

dork11 #35 Posted Jun 17 2012 - 21:42

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9577 battles
yes against a t1 ht and kv1 the t14 is screwed and about equal with a churchill but the t1 and kv shud b bttr cause players had to grind and work to get those tanks wen we t14 drivers just bought it and now hav a heavy tank the point is that premium tanks shudnt b bttr thn the tanks tht u need to work to obtain

masterzjg #36 Posted Jun 19 2012 - 08:32

Captain

• Players
  • 24119 battles

View Postdvang, on Jun 04 2012 - 17:13, said:

Don't get me wrong, the t14 is a good tank. However, it is the "worst" of the tier 5 heavies.

That's like calling the kv5 the worst tier 8 tank. It is, however, neither were designed to be on the same level, or even be able to fight on even terms with their own tiers. You buy it because of the extremely favorable MM, and the fact that both tanks are very great at bullying lower tiered tanks.

Edited by masterzjg, Jun 19 2012 - 08:34.

Dr_Derp #37 Posted Jun 20 2012 - 05:16

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 9934 battles
  • [M-I-T] M-I-T

View PostHans_Hummer, on May 22 2012 - 17:20, said:

T14 is a steel wall machine. I love that tank!

I didn't actually get steel wall here, and made a few silly mistakes, but check it out, took 79 hits to take me out:

http://www.mediafire...38sp6hefr62avzn

Edited by Dr_Derp, Jun 20 2012 - 05:17.

DarkElf #38 Posted Jun 21 2012 - 19:01

Captain

• Players
  • 9524 battles

View PostGoldMountain, on Jun 05 2012 - 15:34, said:

Win ratio means little to your game performance.
The fact I am earning fubar EXP amounts of exp on just a 50% win ratio and a well above average efficency means something is going crazy.

Also, Don't bother looking at my US account statistics, I play on the EU server under a different nickname

Premium tank don't have same amount credit and exp multiplier with credit tank. It's true Churchill have one of the highest exp multiplier, but it's by design. Would you also consider Lowe is OP because by design it can earn fubar amount of credit? :Smile_veryhappy:

zap123 #39 Posted Jun 22 2012 - 01:58

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 7925 battles
Love the look of the T14.  So much so that I've bought it twice.  When I get it I realise I hate driving it so much so that I've sold it twice :Smile_veryhappy:

Spanisharmada #40 Posted Jul 19 2012 - 02:37

Major

• Players
  • 13866 battles
  • [MEX] MEX

View Postmasterzjg, on May 22 2012 - 17:22, said:

So the fact it has the most favorable MM in the game isn't enough (same as churchill)? Yes it needs to be buffed even more so that it's invincible.
The Churchhill and T-14 actually have 2nd best MM the Valentine has the best only seeing its own tier

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users