Jump to content


You Ask We Reply, May 25


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
224 replies to this topic

bmg50barrett #81 Posted May 28 2012 - 18:12

    Sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 6497 battles
  • 128
  • Member since:
    10-01-2010

View Postyarcod, on May 28 2012 - 17:00, said:

"Do you plan to release the plans for the entire year?..."

"No, we don't do that.  We tried and it didn't prove to be effective."

This.  This is my #1 complaint with Wargaming.  A complete lack of communication about development.  We don't know the release date of a patch until a few days before it's applied!  It wasn't effective before because you didn't hit any of your deadlines and then failed to communicate what the new deadlines were.  This company fails to set any expectations and then wonders why people's expectations are too high.


Exactly!

There is a reason why people joke that the next patch will be 12 years from now, or that Russian tanks are always over powered. There is truth behind the jokes.

Early in the companies history, they failed to meet deadlines all of the time. They set unrealistic goals, and then failed to tell us that deadlines were pushed back.

It does not suffice to say that "all deadlines are subject to change." People understand this, but it does not relieve them from communicating with us.

Now that Wargaming is expanding, and there is a North America division, its getting better, and I'm sure it will continue to do so. But they have a lot of work to do. They have a good base for the game, but it will never fully take off in Europe or in North America unless they listen to the fanbase out here as well.



Yes, we are like 20% of the total player base, but North Americans and Europeans are a huge potential market.

Mode selection, map selection, etc, these are FUNDAMENTAL features in almost all video games. The fact that when new modes come out and we CANT select them specifically to play is really just plain stupid. The same with new maps. You are nearing 30 maps, and when you release a new map, no matter how good it is, we cant even hope to play it more than once every couple hours unless Matchmaker has one of its fits.

Wargaming needs to finish adding in the BASICS of what a game is, before they go adding a 4th nationality, or a 5th, or more birds on the existing maps....

Hawat #82 Posted May 28 2012 - 20:41

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 27347 battles
  • 141
  • Member since:
    07-22-2011
"Should we expect Japanese tanks this year?

Not this year."

Disappointing.  Very Disappointing.

cubedud #83 Posted May 28 2012 - 21:32

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 13690 battles
  • 84
  • Member since:
    04-18-2011

View Postbmg50barrett, on May 28 2012 - 18:12, said:

Exactly!

There is a reason why people joke that the next patch will be 12 years from now, or that Russian tanks are always over powered. There is truth behind the jokes.

Early in the companies history, they failed to meet deadlines all of the time. They set unrealistic goals, and then failed to tell us that deadlines were pushed back.

It does not suffice to say that "all deadlines are subject to change." People understand this, but it does not relieve them from communicating with us.

Now that Wargaming is expanding, and there is a North America division, its getting better, and I'm sure it will continue to do so. But they have a lot of work to do. They have a good base for the game, but it will never fully take off in Europe or in North America unless they listen to the fanbase out here as well.



Yes, we are like 20% of the total player base, but North Americans and Europeans are a huge potential market.

Mode selection, map selection, etc, these are FUNDAMENTAL features in almost all video games. The fact that when new modes come out and we CANT select them specifically to play is really just plain stupid. The same with new maps. You are nearing 30 maps, and when you release a new map, no matter how good it is, we cant even hope to play it more than once every couple hours unless Matchmaker has one of its fits.

Wargaming needs to finish adding in the BASICS of what a game is, before they go adding a 4th nationality, or a 5th, or more birds on the existing maps....

Very true. After playing SWTOR for sometime now, the difference betwee it and WoT is almost night and day. Just watching the video for the next SWTOR update I hear a lot of "what the players have been asking, we will be adding," or " "insert common issue here" will be addressed".  It was a very clear video not a lot of no's or vague answers to sometimes silly, pointless questions, like in this YAWR. I have always found these pointless, this one just made it more evident. They have a very odd way of communicating with their NA players.

Edited by cubedud, May 29 2012 - 10:05.


CAMN #84 Posted May 28 2012 - 21:53

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 17991 battles
  • 3,632
  • [HARM] HARM
  • Member since:
    10-11-2010
Here is a question for the next YAWR... Will you ever give us any real answer for a question in a YAWR?

I can already guess the answer for that too... NO.

SALUDOS!

Zekoo #85 Posted May 28 2012 - 22:27

    Staff sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 5004 battles
  • 386
  • Member since:
    11-06-2010
Can we change the name of these from YAWR to "Trolololololololololol"

Millbarge #86 Posted May 28 2012 - 23:06

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 38543 battles
  • 4,536
  • Member since:
    01-18-2011
this "you ask, we reply" seems more like "We point out obvious flaws with your game and you tell us to go to hell"

This relationship you devs have with the NA server is ridiculous.

I have never before played a game that i have SO wanted to love and yet am not allowed to because of the pathetic nature of its development

Hawat #87 Posted May 28 2012 - 23:25

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 27347 battles
  • 141
  • Member since:
    07-22-2011
I have been told that the only questions being answered are the ones asked on the Russian forums.  That seems to be the case, as I don't see any questions that the NA server asks being answered.  If that is the case, I would like to suggest a YAWR for the EU/NA servers.

DerJager #88 Posted May 28 2012 - 23:28

    Major

  • Players
  • 6009 battles
  • 2,421
  • [GGNKR] GGNKR
  • Member since:
    07-30-2011

View PostHawat, on May 28 2012 - 23:25, said:

I have been told that the only questions being answered are the ones asked on the Russian forums.  That seems to be the case, as I don't see any questions that the NA server asks being answered.  If that is the case, I would like to suggest a YAWR for the EU/NA servers.

"We are not considering any such action at this time" :Smile_smile:

Stevoscurse #89 Posted May 29 2012 - 01:35

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 41680 battles
  • 53
  • Member since:
    05-14-2011
Will they be reinstating the tanks freeze again and if so will it have the week long freeze or will that freeze be shorter

stoneshot #90 Posted May 29 2012 - 01:43

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 5906 battles
  • 152
  • [ARMOR] ARMOR
  • Member since:
    06-12-2011
Will there ever be daily achievements in this game? Like kill a T-50-2? And if so, will there be rewards? It would be quite the inspiration for us tankers.

The_Elephant #91 Posted May 29 2012 - 02:12

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 6544 battles
  • 567
  • Member since:
    03-18-2012
Is it possible that the Bat-chat t8 arty Could have a 2-round auto-loader. It woulld do less damage prob around 1300-1700 but it would be capable of two shoting most tanks and shoot rapidly, as the current SPGS can 1 shot. It would add lots of unique tactics IMO.

DerJager #92 Posted May 29 2012 - 02:15

    Major

  • Players
  • 6009 battles
  • 2,421
  • [GGNKR] GGNKR
  • Member since:
    07-30-2011
They've already said french artty won't have auto loaders.

SULOMON #93 Posted May 29 2012 - 02:24

    Major

  • Players
  • 6853 battles
  • 11,185
  • Member since:
    09-25-2011
I would like to know when the T-35 Soviet Heavy Premium tank wil be added?

atomicsupertank #94 Posted May 29 2012 - 02:49

    Private

  • Players
  • 2164 battles
  • 4
  • Member since:
    03-23-2012
hey i have a dudes clan report me for insult and it wasnt dat bad bout my insult but they started it the dudes name that started it was yoohoodoo and someman but plz permantly ban them and his clan (the united nations)

Millbarge #95 Posted May 29 2012 - 03:02

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 38543 battles
  • 4,536
  • Member since:
    01-18-2011

View Postatomicsupertank, on May 29 2012 - 02:49, said:

hey i have a dudes clan report me for insult and it wasnt dat bad bout my insult but they started it the dudes name that started it was xxxxxxxxx and xxxxxxx but plz permantly ban them and his clan (xxxxxxxx)

if you have a problem with certain people, you should take it up with a mod or customer service...

it is not allowed to name names in this way on the forums.

JakeEDogge #96 Posted May 29 2012 - 03:09

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 12356 battles
  • 64
  • Member since:
    08-04-2011
I would like to know why the IS4 doesn't come with the top gun as standard. I mean a tier8 gun on a tier10 tank? seriously guys, that's BS and you know it. If I had had to research it through the ST-1 I would have researched top gun on the way. Seems to me to be a purely punitive action to penalise players who hadn't fully researched the IS4 before the last patch. As much as my fellow players are going to hate me for it I am going to use the IS4 to research this gun, my IS8 has better things to do. Like research tracks, turret and the IS7.

9teenKILo #97 Posted May 29 2012 - 03:38

    First lieutenant

  • Beta Testers
  • 6613 battles
  • 772
  • Member since:
    01-27-2011
just cause i like to read it here

Spoiler                     


shanzhu #98 Posted May 29 2012 - 07:10

    Private

  • Players
  • 10556 battles
  • 1
  • Member since:
    06-24-2011
Hi,

I recently backed to game, after DL & install patches, logged in, I cant see my tanks I had under the bottom of the main page, but I can see them in depot ready for sell. And most options in game setting displays"text Field" instead something should be there.

Please dont tell me I need re-DL all the game client.

Thx for the help.

Speedycake582 #99 Posted May 29 2012 - 11:43

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 14021 battles
  • 551
  • Member since:
    04-11-2011
not sure but wasnt the british tech tree supposed to be added after the french TD's?

ThirdEyeBlind #100 Posted May 29 2012 - 12:44

    Private

  • Players
  • 1625 battles
  • 1
  • Member since:
    04-25-2012
can you add aditional payment method in getting gold like money online (MOL)  and by the way am just wondering if i UGC  Phillipines  is just same to buy gold am just wondering because it might gonna be useless if didnt please response thanks...... am from south korea but originally in phillipines




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users