• Please log in to reply
196 replies to this topic

yor273c #181 Posted Jun 13 2014 - 18:26

Corporal

• Players
  • 16200 battles
  • [LXG] LXG

On a more serious note...

Though the latest tourney system is an improvement over the previous rendition, it is far from perfection...

The Bravo portion has many of the flaws of the older system in that because there is no round robin, most of the teams in Bravo only encounter one opponent...  even the winner of the bracket only plays a total of 4 teams. 

It would be interesting to see the structure of the Bravo segment change to more of a round robin tournament.  This would not have to necessitate a greatly increased commitment of time for the players.  Smaller brackets could be used (such as 4, 5, or 6 teams) and this would end up being no more games than happen on average for the current play to three wins system but it would greatly increase the number of teams that you face over the course of the competition (from the current max of 4 teams faced to 9 or even 15 depending on the group size adopted).   The final standings could then be determined based on points earned just as it is done for the initial Group stage of the Alpha or as it was done for the "Ultimate Tanker" tourney.

I think this would be a very workable way to increase the over all competition and fun of the Bravo section...  you have to admit it would be a heck of a lot better than the current system for the 50% of the field that gets knocked out on the first night and only plays against 1 team.

Edited by yor273c, Jun 14 2014 - 18:00.

_CallMeBullied_ #182 Posted Jun 15 2014 - 05:12

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 21094 battles
  • [SOBAD] SOBAD

we need to have a soccer tourney (not necessarily a skirmish). Each team could even represent a nation... either brackets of 32 or let any nation be represented. 3v3 with 5 people on the roster. 62A sports. 10 minute battles? 

_Shrew #183 Posted Jun 15 2014 - 05:15

Corporal

• Players
  • 15133 battles
  • [BULBA] BULBA
Suggestion: "No Ammo, No Problem" 1 FV215b(183) and 14 AMX 40s per team encounter mode.

BlueMini1500 #184 Posted Jun 15 2014 - 17:57

Major

• Players
  • 13035 battles
  • [D-O-S] D-O-S

For bravo, why not do a group stage on Friday (top 50% advance) and then have ro8 brackets on Saturday/Sunday? That way you only have to change one day yet teams get the opportunity to play more then one opponent (for those complaining about only facing one team and losing 0-3 on Friday). 

also, any chance of the ro4 matches being moved 1 hour later? because it really does make a difference. Only had 4 guys on for the matches and less then 15 min after it was over i had a full team on but it was too late

Gushue95 #185 Posted Jun 17 2014 - 17:25

Corporal

• Players
  • 19877 battles

Teams of 5 (2 Reserves)
Tank class limits: T62A Sport
Map: Himmelsdorf Soccer
This tournament can be set up identical to the way St.Patty's Cup was run(Group Stages, Playoffs) that allows the entire player base to compete.

Name it Battle for the World Cup?

brdhntr #186 Posted Jun 17 2014 - 17:52

Major

• Players
  • 17604 battles
  • [M--M] M--M
Would like to see the team registration page list Alpha or Bravo for the group the team is registered for. Somehow managed to register a team for the Bravo instead of Alpha and despite having a week to change it had no idea until after the Alpha seeding.  

_CallMeBullied_ #187 Posted Jun 18 2014 - 03:55

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 21094 battles
  • [SOBAD] SOBAD

{lang:macro__view_post}Gushue95, on Jun 17 2014 - 12:25, said:

Teams of 5 (2 Reserves)
Tank class limits: T62A Sport
Map: Himmelsdorf Soccer
This tournament can be set up identical to the way St.Patty's Cup was run(Group Stages, Playoffs) that allows the entire player base to compete.

Name it Battle for the World Cup?

PLSPLSPLSPLSPLS... after trying soccer mode its a must do. WG should keep it. If they kept soccer mode and returned Karl, then tanks would be fun again.

{lang:macro__view_post}brdhntr, on Jun 17 2014 - 12:52, said:

Would like to see the team registration page list Alpha or Bravo for the group the team is registered for. Somehow managed to register a team for the Bravo instead of Alpha and despite having a week to change it had no idea until after the Alpha seeding.  

also this is a great idea.

_CallMeBullied_ #188 Posted Jun 26 2014 - 05:44

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 21094 battles
  • [SOBAD] SOBAD

another thing, personally i prefer the bigger teams... 3v3 winds up being a pure skill fight, with little strategy - granted, we still do well so im not complaining ;) but i really enjoy the mindgame and metagames that develop with the bigger tourneys. just make sure that for low tiers the map is small enough that we can actually cover the whole map potentially (unlike t1 on karelia for example).

edit: chain posting ftw... reply button OP, pls nerf... sorry

Edited by _CallMeBullied_, Jun 26 2014 - 05:48.

kingwolf #189 Posted Jul 01 2014 - 22:00

Corporal

• Players
  • 9732 battles
  • [RAZE] RAZE
Also a possibility with it being summer time now, a midnight tourney eastern or 9 pacific? for those who were later in the day who dont usually come home til later.

Edited by kingwolf, Jul 01 2014 - 22:01.

iraqiwildman #190 Posted Jul 03 2014 - 19:49

Sergeant

• Players
  • 16681 battles
  • [7AD77] 7AD77

The Skirmish standings are updated very late or not at all after each round. In Skirmish 25, we never got the standings after round 2.

Thank God for Moguai, he makes his own standings and has them updated in an hour after the round is over.

twitchtvCommanda0 #191 Posted Jul 03 2014 - 20:08

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 6003 battles
  • [PLSGO] PLSGO

{lang:macro__view_post}iraqiwildman, on Jul 03 2014 - 11:49, said:

The Skirmish standings are updated very late or not at all after each round. In Skirmish 25, we never got the standings after round 2.

Thank God for Moguai, he makes his own standings and has them updated in an hour after the round is over.

Unlike the 'unofficial standings' WG has to take into account disputes and other such matters before they can publish their 'official standings list.' This means that standings cannot come out until the day after and must be fact checked before, whereas with unofficial standings, one can waive responsibility for the accuracy of the spreadsheet while WG members would by lynched for the same innacuracy. In the case for this skirmish, the standings got posted early today this morning for all 3 stages combined. 

Moguai #192 Posted Jul 04 2014 - 19:58

Major

• Players
  • 32792 battles
  • [ATO] ATO

{lang:macro__view_post}twitchtvCommanda0, on Jul 03 2014 - 12:08, said:

Unlike the 'unofficial standings' WG has to take into account disputes and other such matters before they can publish their 'official standings list.' This means that standings cannot come out until the day after and must be fact checked before, whereas with unofficial standings, one can waive responsibility for the accuracy of the spreadsheet while WG members would by lynched for the same innacuracy. In the case for this skirmish, the standings got posted early today this morning for all 3 stages combined. 

Yes this is true hence why I even tell everyone they may change because of disputes, but even WG has pointed to my Unofficial Standings a couple times and have said "sorry we are running behind but check out Moguai's as his are normally real accurate" I pride myself in offering the most accurate standings that I can, and 90% of the disputes happen during Group Stage 1 afterwards there are very few that effect the standings. And honestly knowing the standings after the first night is just seeing how you stack up to others as they will change drastically by the end of the 3rd round, "Bad" teams that had a easy group and rocked the first night will slide back to the rightful placings and "Good" teams that had a rough 1st round Group and didn't do very good will move up in their placings.

Not to stroke my ego but for the last 6 or 7 skrims my standings have been nearly dead on (maybe 1 or 2 teams were different) after Group Stage 2 which in the overall picture does not change much for everyone else as your win ratio (unless the dispute was against you) does not change which means you may move 1 position up or down but in most cases you will stay the same and maybe or now tied with someone else.

My standings will never be the "official" ones, but those that have used them and then looked at the official ones will know the accuracy that I strive for.

tomg60616 #193 Posted Jul 15 2014 - 15:52

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11314 battles
  • [XCAL] XCAL

Bravo?

Has Bravo been changed so that teams that played during the week that did not do very well will preferentially meet other teams that played during the week that did not do very well so they will not come up against a seal clubber team Friday night?  

twitchtvCommanda0 #194 Posted Jul 22 2014 - 02:34

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 6003 battles
  • [PLSGO] PLSGO
WG can you set all the group stages to be hidden by default so that when I try to load the skirmish page it doesn't lag my browser?

Amiraali_Hanska #195 Posted Yesterday, 11:02 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 17960 battles
  • [ACA] ACA
format:  7 vs 7
tanks:    Mediums Thier 5
Map:      Himmelsdorf

namyar #196 Posted Yesterday, 04:59 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 18737 battles
  • [TF-A] TF-A
Intentional Drawing = DQ

{lang:macro__view_post}slapdown, on May 30 2012 - 22:01, said:

2 Players
T-50-2's only
Malinovka
Intentional Drawing = DQ
Best out of 3 Format

Intentional Drawing is  a strategy. When we go up against a team composed of SMIP or players from top clans WHY would you push against them? ANY one would know you fight on your strength not the enemy's strength. To me its a sign of respect that when we see a very good group of players, even if they are short one player, we proceed with caution. Running in there with guns blazing is a sure way to a quick lost. As i see it with some of these good players, its dam if you do and dam if you don't. IF you camp they call u names, if you go in hard you are noobs.....

lets keep it civil and play the game....

PS - IF WOT would like to keep Skirmishes on a more or less even footing. why not rank the teams? Have different groups,for example, teams made up of top clan members to groups made up of noobs. Those in the Top group would get bigger payouts to those in the noob group. This would then be an incentive for teams to improve and move up the payout ladder.

thanks

exSaint #197 Posted Yesterday, 08:31 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 7193 battles

{lang:macro__view_post}namyar, on Jul 30 2014 - 11:59, said:

Intentional Drawing = DQ

Intentional Drawing is  a strategy. When we go up against a team composed of SMIP or players from top clans WHY would you push against them? ANY one would know you fight on your strength not the enemy's strength. To me its a sign of respect that when we see a very good group of players, even if they are short one player, we proceed with caution. Running in there with guns blazing is a sure way to a quick lost. As i see it with some of these good players, its dam if you do and dam if you don't. IF you camp they call u names, if you go in hard you are noobs.....

lets keep it civil and play the game....

PS - IF WOT would like to keep Skirmishes on a more or less even footing. why not rank the teams? Have different groups,for example, teams made up of top clan members to groups made up of noobs. Those in the Top group would get bigger payouts to those in the noob group. This would then be an incentive for teams to improve and move up the payout ladder.

thanks

Remember that intentional drawing would hurt the unicum team, too (using them, since you referenced them). If your "bad" team camps to try and out wait unicum teams, eventually one team or another has to push.

Oneshot recommended this is another thread and I had suggested he post it in here, but since it's already been touched on, you could change the scoring so that a loss = 1 point and a draw = 0 points.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Mawderator