New Content or Bug Fixes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

Poll: New Content or Bug fixes? (29 members have cast votes)

New content, or Bug Fixes, what should be priority?

1. Content! (2 votes [6.90%])

Percentage of vote: 6.90%

2. Some Content, Some bug Repairs (19 votes [65.52%])

Percentage of vote: 65.52%

3. Bug Repairs! (8 votes [27.59%])

Percentage of vote: 27.59%

Out of content, what would you like to see most?

1. New tanks! (7 votes [24.14%])

Percentage of vote: 24.14%

2. New maps! (1 vote [3.45%])

Percentage of vote: 3.45%

3. New game modes! (3 votes [10.34%])

Percentage of vote: 10.34%

4. Updates to the engine, like the physics update! (13 votes [44.83%])

Percentage of vote: 44.83%

5. I don't care as long as its new! (5 votes [17.24%])

Percentage of vote: 17.24%

Vote Hide poll

Xyrothryu #1 Posted May 31 2012 - 11:29

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 7341 battles
Just a poll to see what people would rather see.

New tanks, maps and game types first,

or

Bug fixes, things like the MM fixed, tanks re-balanced as needed.

From what i can tell, currently, its Content, before Bug fixes.

So, please vote, and leave your 2 cents if you so desire.

Maverick92 #2 Posted May 31 2012 - 12:08

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18990 battles
When will people stop calling MM broken?

Sure it doesn't work well when there are not many people on the server, or if there is a massive amount of tier 8 arty in que, but this isn't a bug you can remove unless you want really long wait times...

New modes or Maps would be nice...already plenty of tanks to try learn atm

Xyrothryu #3 Posted May 31 2012 - 12:19

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 7341 battles

View PostMaverick92, on May 31 2012 - 12:08, said:

When will people stop calling MM broken?

Sure it doesn't work well when there are not many people on the server, or if there is a massive amount of tier 8 arty in que, but this isn't a bug you can remove unless you want really long wait times...

New modes or Maps would be nice...already plenty of tanks to try learn atm

Yes, but im sure if the T5 players had to wait 1min to not be With T10's, im sure people would be extremely happy.
All you have to do is add a check box, with the option for fast que, or Que for the best Tier Match.

Personally, the changes I would Like to see, are some buffs for the German tanks. As they are the most popular, but also the most underpowered. But thats just my 2cents.

artillarmech #4 Posted May 31 2012 - 12:49

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 3596 battles
  • [SP] SP
That wouldn't be fair, it would basically be a check box for "I'm gonna be the top tank" an it would be overused to the point that it has no effect and just adds a bit 'o lag

EDIT: I do agree with buffing some German tanks, most of them are pathetic right now, but some are good like the vk2801

Maverick92 #5 Posted May 31 2012 - 15:32

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18990 battles

View PostXyrothryu, on May 31 2012 - 12:19, said:

Yes, but im sure if the T5 players had to wait 1min to not be With T10's, im sure people would be extremely happy.
All you have to do is add a check box, with the option for fast que, or Que for the best Tier Match.

Personally, the changes I would Like to see, are some buffs for the German tanks. As they are the most popular, but also the most underpowered. But thats just my 2cents.

Firstly, tier 5s don't get tier 10 battles, unless you are a light, which in that case a tier 10 is practically the same as a tier 8.

Now I didn't say MM is perfect, only that it isn't broken or a bug. It is simply not the way people WANT it to be.
I know it does stupid stuff occasionally, but we can't expect a program written by humans to be perfect, as we aren't. :Smile_Default:

Your proposed solution wouldn't  fix anything, everyone would click best tier and then you have the same problem all over again.  I don't have anything against the current match maker, but given the chance to be top tier more often I would probably take it. :Smile_blinky:

Echo_Sniper #6 Posted May 31 2012 - 17:30

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 17547 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER
Content and bug fixes are two different department.

panzerwagoneer #7 Posted May 31 2012 - 18:02

Captain

• Players
  • 14764 battles
  • [STAND] STAND
a 3 tier battle spread would fix most of the issues people have with MM. And it would do it without long queue times because a 3 tier battle spread merely shuffles the battles tanks gets into, it doesn't change the number of players on the server. The devs could implement this in a competent and logical manner with no compromises on wait time or player satisfaction. The only hang up is the devs don't WANT to do it. Their business model is one where people are encouraged to buy gold with the belief it will solve their problems with the game, when in fact the purchase of gold does not make MM work any better then it does with a standard account. The devs business model is flawed but they keep on trucking down it because people keep buying gold on this false premise. The devs could double their player base if they actually addressed the issues people keep bringing up and which ultimately are the ones that turn away new players from buying gold in the first place. "Metered Misery" does not work as well as a business model as "The customer is always right."