Jump to content


New t10 meds/TD's = Usless MAUS


This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
30 replies to this topic

NinjaFisT #21 Posted Jun 14 2012 - 09:11

    Captain

  • Beta Testers
  • 8068 battles
  • 1,266
  • [VETS] VETS
  • Member since:
    08-11-2010

View PostStrikerPantsu, on Jun 12 2012 - 00:43, said:

imo a t10 td would just be insane , given that i have huge problems going up against the current td's ... what more a monster e100 td that shoots minivans for ammo
Too bad they couldn't afford station wagons...

Haides #22 Posted Jun 14 2012 - 10:00

    Major

  • Players
  • 8914 battles
  • 2,142
  • [IOC] IOC
  • Member since:
    08-14-2011

View PostGaius, on Jun 11 2012 - 19:42, said:

You can't shoot a tank with the turret angled at 45°. The Maus turret is fairly easy to penetrate head on with the high penetration American and Soviet guns.
You angle the turret between reloads or when they're about to fire.

redhairdave #23 Posted Jun 14 2012 - 14:16

    Major

  • Players
  • 15009 battles
  • 2,078
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    04-22-2011
that sounds good in theory, and works when people dont know better. when fighting someone who knows what to do(the only time it matters) they just wait for you to aim at them and then they fire.  everything is situational. its hard to debate the point when its so vague.

Nocifer_Deathblade #24 Posted Jun 14 2012 - 14:50

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 11881 battles
  • 58
  • [MAUS] MAUS
  • Member since:
    04-04-2011

View Postwyatt022298, on Jun 13 2012 - 19:05, said:

I doubt that the 170mm will have much more pen than the 128mm, it's fine with ~280mm, the 170mm will probably just hit twice as hard

170mm with "similar" pen to 128mm might be more useful as HE.. Might be able to 1-shot most lower tier tanks just like old KV derp. :)

hahahagreatname #25 Posted Jun 14 2012 - 19:56

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 9311 battles
  • 511
  • [SSGS] SSGS
  • Member since:
    07-13-2011

View Postredhairdave, on Jun 14 2012 - 14:16, said:

that sounds good in theory, and works when people dont know better. when fighting someone who knows what to do(the only time it matters) they just wait for you to aim at them and then they fire.  everything is situational. its hard to debate the point when its so vague.

Ihope the person doing that has MORE alpha OR more HP. shot for shot with a MAUS gives the maus an EDGE. just saying

MaxL_1023 #26 Posted Jun 14 2012 - 20:12

    Major

  • Players
  • 30032 battles
  • 2,477
  • Member since:
    07-15-2011
If the turret is angled you can shoot the near corner at the bottom and richochet into the engine deck.

redhairdave #27 Posted Jun 15 2012 - 14:44

    Major

  • Players
  • 15009 battles
  • 2,078
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    04-22-2011

Quote

Ihope the person doing that has MORE alpha OR more HP. shot for shot with a MAUS gives the maus an EDGE. just saying

ok lets use a t34.  

its takes about 4 shots to kill it, so in turn it pens your turret face 4 times, thats between 1800-2200 damage, give or take. its a tier 8 premium. not even a real tank. so then if you have to face a tank with similar performance like a tier 10. your done. after facing one tank 2 tiers below you. the type of situation the maus was designed for. the heavy armour was for ignoring smaller tanks and focusing on bigger ones. doesnt work when 80% of tanks tier 8 and up can easily pen you.(easily being the pen of their gun is higher then the effective armour of the turret face)

Edited by redhairdave, Jun 15 2012 - 14:56.


hahahagreatname #28 Posted Jun 15 2012 - 19:03

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 9311 battles
  • 511
  • [SSGS] SSGS
  • Member since:
    07-13-2011

View Postredhairdave, on Jun 15 2012 - 14:44, said:

ok lets use a t34.  

its takes about 4 shots to kill it, so in turn it pens your turret face 4 times, thats between 1800-2200 damage, give or take. its a tier 8 premium. not even a real tank. so then if you have to face a tank with similar performance like a tier 10. your done. after facing one tank 2 tiers below you. the type of situation the maus was designed for. the heavy armour was for ignoring smaller tanks and focusing on bigger ones. doesnt work when 80% of tanks tier 8 and up can easily pen you.(easily being the pen of their gun is higher then the effective armour of the turret face)
the T34 ALSO has more F@CKING pen than the maus. but i wont point that out to you,

Edited by hahahagreatname, Jun 15 2012 - 19:03.


sephrus #29 Posted Jun 15 2012 - 19:31

    Captain

  • Players
  • 24306 battles
  • 1,431
  • Member since:
    04-15-2011
Lol useless maus. That's cute. A well driven maus is still probably the best 1 on 1 tank in the game. That being said I've fought poorly driven maus that I killed solo in my is7 and taken no hp dmg in return and I've fought maus that have like me been excellent  drivers that  I couldn't scratch.  It's a skill relative tank. If you can drive one well it's a beast. If you suck then you are free xp to the other team. If you want a jump in and kick tail no matter your skill level tank use the is7 or t110. And I'll still keep kicking butt in my useless maus.

VRMoran #30 Posted Jun 16 2012 - 16:25

    Major

  • Players
  • 17816 battles
  • 2,242
  • Member since:
    04-13-2011
Not to be mean, but doesn't a post like this come up every time a new tank comes out, saying that it will make the Maus useless?

Anyways, I say neither the TD's or Medium are going to be game breaking for either the E100 or Maus. The mediums are probably going to be weak armored, so the 15cm may be technically better now (higher percentage of people it can easily pen), and they aren't getting super cannons that rival heavy tanks in firepower (I hope...though we all know that if the M68 doesn't do 260 pen with 1.5 accuracy and 1 aim time every American tank player will rise up in arms against WoT :Smile_sceptic: ).
The TD's will mount big guns for sure, but I don't forsee them negating the armor unless they're pulling MASSIVE amounts of penetration with AP, or get APCR with penetration levels exceeding the Jagdtiger's. The Maus and E100 have obvious weakspot, so it's not too hard to damage them already. The only way a gun could truly negate their armor is if it can go through the main plate with ease. But we still don't have any tanks that can, as far as I know.

JohnGaltCobraCommander #31 Posted Jun 16 2012 - 16:32

    Major

  • Players
  • 16560 battles
  • 5,563
  • [PLSGO] PLSGO
  • Member since:
    08-26-2011

View PostBlackAngelCom, on Jun 11 2012 - 19:05, said:

People drive the Maus for crap most of the time. If your tank isn't at 45 degrees, you're doing it wrong.

Try 20 degrees and pulling your front end into a building

View PostHaides, on Jun 14 2012 - 10:00, said:

You angle the turret between reloads or when they're about to fire.

Cute, but gold rounds of the high pen guns will still penetrate the turret even when angled. Also being that  the maus gun has lackluster pen and damage it really comes down to a DPM/alpha war which you will lose.

View Postsephrus, on Jun 15 2012 - 19:31, said:

Lol useless maus. That's cute. A well driven maus is still probably the best 1 on 1 tank in the game. That being said I've fought poorly driven maus that I killed solo in my is7 and taken no hp dmg in return and I've fought maus that have like me been excellent  drivers that  I couldn't scratch.  It's a skill relative tank. If you can drive one well it's a beast. If you suck then you are free xp to the other team. If you want a jump in and kick tail no matter your skill level tank use the is7 or t110. And I'll still keep kicking butt in my useless maus.

Ive beaten good Maus 1 v 1 in tier 9 mediums. It is already obsolete.